Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

We should also be expecting the announcement of Michiko's replacement soon, since they usually announce it a couple weeks before air and it's gonna be starting first thing January.

Is the JoJo dub finished yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Season one is fully dubbed.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Butt Ghost posted:

Season one is fully dubbed.

Hmmmm...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not gonna be JoJo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's probably not happening. Word is, WB was asking for too much for broadcast rights.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I read up on that whole mess. It's as utterly retarded as it sounds.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hunter x Hunter is getting a dub. I am A Okay with HxH being broadcasted. It's really good and I feel like it could get Naruto popular. Oh god I hope it doesn't get that popular, but I do want some more HxH recognition.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It will not get popular and will more than likely be slotted to be at 1 in the morning so its ratings won't be stellar either

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Butt Ghost posted:

Hunter x Hunter is getting a dub. I am A Okay with HxH being broadcasted. It's really good and I feel like it could get Naruto popular. Oh god I hope it doesn't get that popular, but I do want some more HxH recognition.

oh boy, just what we need, another infinite running shonen wasting a show slot

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Butt Ghost posted:

lol this is never going to happen, also if it takes the place of anything other than DBZ jesus loving christ

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry Dragon Ball Super is going to take DBZ's place, so there will be two on

Also HxH is 148 episodes so there's three loving years worth of a slot being occupied

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're gonna Space Dandy SAO III and have it world premiere.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's unfortunately very possible

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If the new Lupin series wasn't still unlicensed out of Japan and Italy, I'd totally root for that. Lupin's legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvaosZlQqrY

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'd rather they Space Dandy SAO: Progressive myself.

Kirito comes off as so much more of a dork in that series and it has significantly more Argo which is a bonus.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 29, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

oh boy, just what we need, another infinite running shonen wasting a show slot
HxH is good

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Baal posted:

That's fortunately very possible

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It's probably not happening. Word is, WB was asking for too much for broadcast rights.

that feels like an even dumber clusterfuck, considering that CN is somewhere in the Warner Bros. Corporate Family, aren't they?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It is not uncommon at all for different companies within the same corporation to basically operate with guns to each other's heads, especially Time Warner.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

If the new Lupin series wasn't still unlicensed out of Japan and Italy, I'd totally root for that. Lupin's legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvaosZlQqrY

Last one had a looooooot of tits.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I think Jorgumund has a dub. I'd be okay with Not-Black-Lagoon

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Lanz posted:

that feels like an even dumber clusterfuck, considering that CN is somewhere in the Warner Bros. Corporate Family, aren't they?

I think the Thundercats remake is owned by WB too, and we're not getting that back anytime soon.

Then again, maybe the WB story is a front to keep the pre-leakers away before Toonami announces JoJo for reals. :ninja:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 30, 2015

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

OneDeadman posted:

I think Jorgumund has a dub. I'd be okay with Not-Black-Lagoon

It's nowhere near as good as Black Lagoon, but it's still pretty good. I think to think of it as the story of the making of a Bond villain.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

Last one had a looooooot of tits.

Yeah, the last one was kind of a different beast. This one's fine.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

It is not uncommon at all for different companies within the same corporation to basically operate with guns to each other's heads, especially Time Warner.

Except Time Warner.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh right, it was Microsoft in that comic.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lanz posted:

That's what enabled that blissfully retarded stretch of time where the new channel director for CN thought live-action gameshows would be a super hit on the channel founded on Cartoons.

Frankly, if it wasn't for Adventure Time, CN probably would have become TeenNick lite, with a little space for AS on Sundays and Anime on Saturdays.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Frankly, if it wasn't for The Marvelous Adventures of Flapjack, CN probably would have become TeenNick lite, with a little space for AS on Sundays and Anime on Saturdays.
Fixed this for you.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So I was watching the bumps to see if there wasn't any hints and at the 4th bump (presumably episode 2's opening) you can hear some noise between the standard static including what sounds like a cat(?!) and at the end of the bump between the title of the show and the final [adult swim] caption, you can hear someone (female) cry out "Oh no!".

Given the video quality (such as it is) just proceeds to go completely to hell after that. Is that when SARA is taken offline?

I know, pure :tinfoil: for a metafictional strand package, but the heck with it, it's fun.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

JT Jag posted:

Fixed this for you.
Flapjack/Chowder certainly revitalized the blocks CN had going on, and was responsible for a whole good generation of animation folks, but AT just became a huge juggernaut.

It was the first show since Fosters that was worth watching anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We got 8 back.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIxLwVwtiQ

:aaaaa:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

:tviv:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Tartakovsky has implied in recent interviews that he wants a Samurai Jack mini-series or movie. That said, I'm surprised he and Cartoon Network were able to reconcile for it.

Also, holy poo poo!!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
HOLY poo poo.

I figure this was dead for good. I mean Genny D was always talking about that movie but this is better than I expected.

Too bad the voice actor for Aku passed away a while ago though.

Least we can hopefully get Phil Lamar back to voice Jack.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's coming to Toonami, but I don't think it's Michiko's replacement. If it was that close, they'd tell us instead of just saying 2016. It's gonna be either AgK or Parasyte's replacement.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
what

What

WHAT

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what the gently caress

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010