Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Internaut! posted:

re Her Story can I assume simply from the title it has no actual game mechanics whatsoever and is only a "game" in the sense that everything is art and games can be art and therefore everything is a game by some freshman philosophy thinking process

You search for video clips via keywords from other videos, and then watch them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
it's a "good" "game"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

corn in the bible posted:

You search for video clips via keywords from other videos, and then watch them.

its really a really good adventure game mechanic because your primary tool is your close observation like the last express

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
dont quote gamergate stymie

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Al! posted:

its really a really good adventure game mechanic because your primary tool is your close observation like the last express

The Last Express owns

Her Story is good, too, and for the sale price it's definitely worth trying, at least

overeager overeater fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 29, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i wonder how many 'game mechanics' can be summed up as "murders things" and "has a time limit"

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
so apparently in sotfs killing the area boss turns all of the enemies into hyper-aggro murder machines. welp :getin:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

computer parts posted:

i wonder how many 'game mechanics' can be summed up as "murders things" and "has a time limit"

people use walking simulator as derogatory but apparently murder simulator means it is the best game ever oh my god holy poo poo play this game now

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

computer parts posted:

if you heard the word "Madden" how many hours would it take for you to come out of your high school beating PTSD fugue state

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Internaut! posted:

if you heard the word "Madden" how many hours would it take for you to come out of your high school beating PTSD fugue state

also features a time limit

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Gus Hobbleton posted:

murder simulator means it is the best game ever oh my god holy poo poo play this game now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gus Hobbleton posted:

people use walking simulator as derogatory but apparently murder simulator means it is the best game ever oh my god holy poo poo play this game now

i like walking simulators

i kind of wish there were more of them, but i heard that big budget ps4 exclusive one was pretty bad

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Internaut! posted:

Rachel Madden Politics '16

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
pt is was a walking simulator and also one of the best horror games in years

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Al! posted:

i kind of wish there were more of them, but i heard that big budget ps4 exclusive one was pretty bad

The only good walking sims were the mechwarrior games

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

maniacdevnull posted:

The only good walking sims were the mechwarrior games

u forgot qwop

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Al! posted:

everybody's gone to the rapture?

yeah, it's not good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bump_fn posted:

dont quote gamergate stymie

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

fallout 4 with enemy ai disabled is a pretty good walking simulator actually

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Al! posted:

yeah destiny's been pretty disappointing

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Sudo Echo posted:

Fun Fallout 4 Facts: those protectrons that you activate from a terminal can be legendary and nuke on death

http://gfycat.com/MeanFluidAmericancrayfish

god dammit

yeah, the 10x legendary enemies mod also adds more legendary npcs. it's great

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Internaut! posted:

re Her Story can I assume simply from the title it has no actual game mechanics whatsoever and is only a "game" in the sense that everything is art and games can be art and therefore everything is a game by some freshman philosophy thinking process

is there a way to respond to someone's post by quoting their avatar and av text

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Blackula69 posted:

is there a way to respond to someone's post by quoting their avatar and av text
gifcam

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
lol why, did some pantswetter red text me again

I turned off avs back when everyone suddenly looked like fishmech and they became worthless, literally years ago, so ggwp

smdh if you don't experience yospos this way

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Internaut! posted:

I turned off avs back when everyone suddenly looked like fishmech and they became worthless, literally years ago, so ggwp

lmao your redtext

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Internaut! posted:

so triggered by being given red text he had to obliterate avatars from his life. fuckin kids and their safe spaces these days

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gus Hobbleton posted:

okay i got all of those.

actually is there a fundamental difference between the "normal" run and the pacifist run? i did a pacifist run on my first playthrough, then reloaded my game to do the true secret ending then finally a genocide run, but ive never done a run where i kill only some things

The pacifist run gives you the ability to reload at the end and fix things. A normal run would just end there.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
okay then ive got them all. i just didnt know what one them was called a cry run

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gus Hobbleton posted:

okay then ive got them all. i just didnt know what one them was called a cry run

thats because i made that up for the run where you cry at the end

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Jesus Christ you guys dont quote gamergate stymie

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gus Hobbleton posted:

so triggered by being given red text he had to obliterate avatars from his life. fuckin kids and their safe spaces these days

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

bump_fn posted:

Jesus Christ you guys dont quote gamergate stymie

stymie is abrasive but occasionally has correct opinions

its insulting to stymie to compare this guy to him

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

The series of mass effect careposts has reached it's halfway point and is getting real good

quote:

The writer had to retcon half the galaxy to get Shepard into this position of working for Cerberus, and when it’s over we’re saving people we never see from monsters with no personality by building up to a suicide mission that isn’t really explained until the story is nearly over.

The writer simultaneously wants to make sweeping changes to the established universe, but they have no desire to explain, justify, explore, or even lampshade most of it.

They want to blow up the Normandy in a dramatic battle to get the story going, but they also want you to still have the Normandy. They want to have a character come back from the dead, but they don’t want to explore how that would impact Shepard’s character, or the worldview of the people around him. They want to have a plot about saving people, but they don’t want to characterize those people. They want us to work for a mystery man who Shepard dislikes, but they don’t want to characterize that conflict through opposing ideologies. They want Liara to have a badass personality but they don’t want to depict or even explain the transformation from Old Liara to New Liara. They want us to fight an “enigmatic” villain but they don’t want to do anything to build that villain up to make them scary, interesting, unsettling, mysterious, or worthy of our Shepard-powered wrath. They want you to have your friendly and loyal crewmates around, but they also want you to work for terrorists, and they don’t want to reconcile these two conflicting ideas.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I don't get it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

DuckConference posted:

The series of mass effect careposts has reached it's halfway point and is getting real good
*in an extremely snagglepuss voice* heavens to spergatroyd

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Kenny Logins posted:

*in an extremely snagglepuss voice* heavens to spergatroyd

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Downwell is a good game and is $2 right now.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
seems like full stealth build means you can stab everyone in the face without them noticing

http://fat.gfycat.com/AnchoredIdealisticEthiopianwolf.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=wp02bmX&v=K2rwxs1gH9w&s=12

• Locked thread