Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Chromatic posted:

This sounds weird but I actually hope him, Terri Clifford, and all the guys they ruthlessly brutalized are doing good now and making some decent money.

I think I read somewhere that Terry is management at her station? Or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
I was watching the latest episode of The Knick, when much to my surprise I saw a very familiar looking face:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Goblin posted:

I was watching the latest episode of The Knick, when much to my surprise I saw a very familiar looking face:

Ted Sheckler?!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Darn it all, I can't find a name of the character.

I was hoping it'd be a Tetley, of the William variety.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Morter posted:

Darn it all, I can't find a name of the character.

I was hoping it'd be a Tetley, of the William variety.

Turk February?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

4 years ago today we lost Patrice :( too many great bits he was a part of to list.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Danny let slip that Rockstar is working on RDR2.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/670987916752068608

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Danny also did a QandA on the subreddit that Anthony got involved in.

Drama drama drama

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

therealjon_ posted:

Danny let slip that Rockstar is working on RDR2.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/670987916752068608

Chromatic posted:

Danny also did a QandA on the subreddit that Anthony got involved in.

Drama drama drama

It'll be funny if Rockstar just canned Danny altogether and then stopped hiring Ant for voiceover work. Might as well hit rock bottom that much faster.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Isn't Danny working in a bar now? I thought the bottom fell out of his Rockstar gig after his big fallout with Anthony.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The best was when Ron had the fallout with Lazlow over the LA Noir game. He just kept asking him when GTA5, the game people really want, will come out.

And then Fez got offended by something Lazlow said and it was lol.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

TUS posted:

4 years ago today we lost Patrice :( too many great bits he was a part of to list.

It is very sad that Patrice died. :(

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Sun Valley 20
Chichester 7

:(

I'm the guy that sent Gail the mum btw.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

JFC posted:

Did you or Gail ever show pictures of it?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

JFC posted:

Sun Valley 20
Chichester 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McFSX8LkOqU

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

In Danny's AMA he said that he once jokingly told Opie to stop looking at his dick and Opie took it personally. I believed everything he said after that.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

I hear tell O&J had a massive fight this morning and the show is going down in flames?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can't listen for a while, but I hope it's happening

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
listening now, sounds juicy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecjrNFDOvxY

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm like 2 minutes into this clip and Opie's need to repeat everything he says three or four times, I'm assuming for impact? Is loving awful.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
Jim: "In October, I'm done."

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Opie's saying the exact same stuff he said about Ant to Jim.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Goblin posted:

Jim: "In October, I'm done."

I want to believe this, but October is so far away

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I haven't listened but I very seriously doubt Jim would leave.

On the other hand, in the ~10 total minutes I've listened in the last year, he has sounded depressed and defeated. Like Serious Jimmy but without the serious subject material.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

An Enormous Boner posted:

I haven't listened but I very seriously doubt Jim would leave.

Considering there's a little under a year to go, I imagine Jim could line up something else in lieu of the radio show. If he's pulling roles on TV, then that could supplement his income and give him better visibility than this sad, sad radio program. Not to mention he might just go off and do his own show with Sirius.

Or he might just do more gigs and hang with Ant.

I haven't heard any of this show either, but I'm surprised it has lasted this long. Jim plays off Ant better, and it's not like the Opie/Jim show was a natural pairing as much as a haphazard way of continuing the O&A show without Ant.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Considering there's a little under a year to go, I imagine Jim could line up something else in lieu of the radio show. If he's pulling roles on TV, then that could supplement his income and give him better visibility than this sad, sad radio program. Not to mention he might just go off and do his own show with Sirius.

Or he might just do more gigs and hang with Ant.

I haven't heard any of this show either, but I'm surprised it has lasted this long. Jim plays off Ant better, and it's not like the Opie/Jim show was a natural pairing as much as a haphazard way of continuing the O&A show without Ant.

He's certainly capable of working in many other broadcasting contexts, yeah. Being chained to Opie is not doing his talent any favors.

How much Esther Ku is in this clip, for anyone that's listened? I want to know what I'm in for....

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

An Enormous Boner posted:

He's certainly capable of working in many other broadcasting contexts, yeah. Being chained to Opie is not doing his talent any favors.

How much Esther Ku is in this clip, for anyone that's listened? I want to know what I'm in for....

I'm about 40 mins in, she kind of stops talking pretty early on but interjects occasionally at around the 35 min mark.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

lol Opie is ranting about Anthony turning the listeners against him.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think what I'm getting from this is that the ghost of Fez has transferred into Opie and turned him into a paranoid old man who will soon have a heart attack.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Esther Ku started this? Haha, of all the people

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
No. No. No, No. No. I'm not. No, after the poo poo he said? No. No, Nope. No.

AxisofIdiocy
Mar 5, 2009

What do you mean this
isn't the ketchup?
Ahaha Opie starts the whole thing off like a kid trying not to pick a scab. Then he hit a certain point and boom, blood everywhere.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

I haven't listened since Anthony, who the hell is Esther Ku? They bitch about holes for years and now they have a full-time hole?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this is p much the first time i've listened since ant left and it sounds like ope's gone totally loving insane wow

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

He's always been this way, but now everyone's calling him out on his poo poo because they don't need him for their careers anymore.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Lovechop posted:

this is p much the first time i've listened since ant left and it sounds like ope's gone totally loving insane wow

He completely lost his mind when Esther brought up doing Anthony's show in a totally neutral and friendly way. He does sound insane.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

onemillionzombies posted:

I haven't listened since Anthony, who the hell is Esther Ku? They bitch about holes for years and now they have a full-time hole?

She's a comic that was on the show today.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The same listeners who rage against Ant for making up dramatic poo poo for his own show? Wow, just wow. Opie reads the O&A reddit but doesn't really pay close attention.

He's always been this way, but now everyone's calling him out on his poo poo because they don't need him for their careers anymore.

Not to mention it seems Op is a massive control freak and has been for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I just got to that part.

It's great to hear confirmation of how clueless he actually is. He seems to have only a really superficial social awareness. This is Fuckin Good.

• Locked thread