Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Fuuuuuuck. I wanted to pick up the legendary upgrade for shadowfell... Also maybe the bonus tp thing because this is the only game I sound the whalehorn for.

Don't forget double bonus tp for the regular buying right now, too.

edit: just a heads up, if you're a new/returning player and/or don't have horc or catacombs, the horc pack gives you 500tp for 3 bucks and the starter pack gives you 250tp for 1.50.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006
Average price for 1000 TP:
$3.75 Shadowfell Collector
$4.50 Shadowfell Standard
$5.25 MotU Standard
$6.00 Starter Pack
$6.00 Half-Orc Pack
$11.41 Double Bonus Points: 700 for $7.99
$10.25 Double Bonus Points: 1950 for $19.99
$8.53 Double Bonus Points: 4100 for $34.99
$6.78 Double Bonus Points: 8850 for $59.99
$6.35 Double Bonus Points: 15,750 for $99.99
$5.97 Double Bonus Points: 33,500 for $199.99

If you want some more TP getting the packs you're missing gives better returns.

Shame I can only get the starter and half orc ones, I need a lot more TP than that so I can buy Warlock and whatever the last pack was(so ~2k).

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I love that you mathed that out but hate that you didn't organize it in ascending order of value.

Average price for 1000 TP:
$3.75 Shadowfell Collector
$4.50 Shadowfell Standard
$5.25 MotU Standard
$5.45 Save 40% on 11,000 Turbine Points with your purchase of Shadowfell Conspiracy! A $99.99 value for $59.99!
$5.97 Double Bonus Points: 33,500 for $199.99
$6.00 Starter Pack
$6.00 Half-Orc Pack
$6.35 Double Bonus Points: 15,750 for $99.99
$6.78 Double Bonus Points: 8850 for $59.99
$8.53 Double Bonus Points: 4100 for $34.99
$10.25 Double Bonus Points: 1950 for $19.99
$11.41 Double Bonus Points: 700 for $7.99

Note: If you are buying both xpacs, DO NOT click the button to add the other pack from within your cart. It places it in at 50% off the standard price. Add them individually off the main page.

edit: Man, I want the legendary upgrade just because but it's really hard to justify for how little it gives.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 26, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006
Oh I just stole those from the DDO forums, so don't shoot the messenger.

Will there be other sales or is this going to be it? I kinda want to grab the bag deposit box things because I'm sick of carrying literally a tabs worth of bags on my main.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Welp. Momentum swing apparently doesn't work unarmed. Thank god I planned stuff out in a character planner this time and double-checked the wiki. I had managed to fit cleave in but I guess I'll replace it with something else. deflect arrows maybe? I doubt toughness will be much use. And I basically locked myself into using handwraps cause I made tier 2 tforged wraps. Otherwise I might have tried messing around with switching to staffs. Although my enhancements are 100% taken up and i wouldn't get any stick enhancements so that may not be a great idea.

edit: One day handwraps won't be such a clusterfuck... I doubt anytime soon though.

double edit: weapon focus bludgeoning worthwhile purely for the +2 melee power? Probably not.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 26, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006
Focus feats are cool if you have nothing else or get something other than DPS from them like barb healing or a ton of SA or whatever.

The other option is just going Divine Crusader instead, DPS is pretty good and defence too with those circles of healing. Might be better than LD since you don't get Momentum Swing, Lightning Mace or Pulveriser with fists.

Fake edit: :lol: Celestial Champion also doesn't give the threat range to fists.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah I've maxed GMoF and Divine Crusader so far. I want to max LD and hopefully use it as higher DPS swap-in destiny as I have to level it to 4 anyway cause I need to go through and max shiradi(for the primal destiny feat PTWF).

edit: I might try to shift everything up and grab Grandmaster of Forms at 18 otherwise I'll just low effort grab deflect arrows. I think from now on I'm going to be smarter and make my characters in a builder before starting LRs. It's such a pain when a mistake is made.

Also, goddamn Fallout 4 killed a lot of my group's momentum. This always seems to happen as I start getting really into DDO...

double edit: I realized I lied. I maxed Unyielding Sentinel, not Divine Crusader.

triple edit: Wiki notes like these are magical: Castigation: Your Aura of Purification also harms nearby enemies, dealing Bane damage every 3 seconds. Non-bosses take damage equal to 1% of their current health for each stack of Purification they have. Bosses instead take 1d6 Bane damage per stack of Purification. This ability also grants +2 Melee Power.
Bug: Bosses take no damage from this aura.
Bug: Does not provide +2 Melee Power.
Note: Orange named monsters take both 1% of their current health AND 1d6 Bane damage per stack of Purification.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 27, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
So apparently Lay Waste may work with unarmed and momentum swing might be usable(it just doesn't factor in your handwraps damage at all so it counts as punching stuff with naked fists). It might be worth it to run cleave instead of deflect arrows so and use momentum swing + lay waste since lay waste is some solid damage. Although it might still be garbage since I'd only have one cleave to try and reset momentum and momentum swing is probably the better damage skill (increased threat range + more likely to be reset so I'd get more attacks in with it). As I type this out, it sounds like a dumb idea. I'm just gonna go with deflect arrows.

Better yet maybe I'm not gonna bother running in LD. Probably max it for destiny stuff because why not, but odds are it won't be what i stick with.

Woden
May 6, 2006
https://myaccount.turbine.com should list what DDO Marketplace packs you've bought, for some reason mine doesn't show up MotU so I'll try redeeming that. Think I bought it from the in game store so if you've done that previously for them you might be able to get cheaper TP from packs you've previously bought.

Ok it took a few attempts but they all took, previously DDO Marketplace had me as only having Shadowfell Collectors Edition so I snagged:
Shadowfell Standard(already had CE)
MotU Standard(already had from in game store)
Half orc pack(doesn''t show up on myaccount even after purchase)
Starter Pack(same deal, not shown in myaccount)
11k TP(hopefully will last me a long rear end time)

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Hold the gently caress up. you can buy and add the standard version if you already have the CE?

Woden
May 6, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Hold the gently caress up. you can buy and add the standard version if you already have the CE?

Yeah, they're pretty cool too and will refund if it fucks up according to forums people, got a few errors before they all took so retry a bit before reclaiming.

Other than TP I also got a free character slot from Shadowfell Standard that stacks with the 3 I had from Collector Edition, pretty rad deal.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Nice. I can add the standard shadowfell I bought to get my grubby mitts on the 11k tp. Also probably grab the standard MotU, too.

Also, RIP I forgot to take extend. Oh well. Guess I just have to recast resist every 5 minutes instead of 10. Also blur until I get a lesser displacement item. Or just be more on the ball about keeping displacement up from the enlightened spirit tree. Anyway, this ordeal is finally over, no matter how the monk performs from now on, this is it. I'm just hoping I didn't overdo the defense reduction to pick up offense.

edit: the myaccount page is buggy as all hell, showing only the Activate Product Key section

double edit: 13k tp left after buying a +6 supreme tome. I shouldn't need to buy any tp for like, a year again.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 27, 2015

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

:catstare:

You weren't kidding about Warlocks being monsters. I used the TP from the packs to grab it, made one according the guide in this thread, and it was just destroying every mob that even looked at me.

Are there any good builds for druid that I could run as a half-elf?

Woden
May 6, 2006
TRed to level 1 a week or so ago and am only level 8, forgot how lovely low levels were. :/

Wish they'd just make the XP required to level the same for first lifers as it is for everyone else, even with a 50% pot constantly running thanks to cards it's tedious as hell.

Gnomes can't come soon enough, don't really want to do a Sun Elf x3 PL for Warlock and really really really don't want to do 1-20 Warlocks either so it better be good.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
I ran off to grab both standard editions after reading this page; thanks! One question, since I haven't played in a while - is there any way to tell which character has used a greater/lesser tome of learning? I don't want to try using one in case it vanishes, but I couldn't see it on my feats or similar.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah there's a UI indicator for it:

Woden posted:

Wish they'd just make the XP required to level the same for first lifers as it is for everyone else, even with a 50% pot constantly running thanks to cards it's tedious as hell.

I don't really find it tedious (15-20 anyways, only ITR) but at the same time I think the reason they made it require extra experience doesn't really apply anymore. And they didn't make it the case for epic levels even if you're ITRing. There's 42 past lives to get triple completionist. Even 14 is a significant investment. And then epic past lives on top of that. There's never going to be enough for the truly hardcore, and 42+ lives is plenty of end game for most normal people doing TRing instead of raiding.

I do wish they'd at least give you the option of doing a full rebuild when doing ETRing instead of just a LR.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Nov 30, 2015

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Crap! I just realized that the UI won't display a Greater normal tome if you're in your epic levels, so none of my characters had the little book I vaguely remembered. Thanks :)

Has Warlock been on sale in the past 3-6 months at all? Debating grabbing it or possibly waiting for a sale ;)

Woden
May 6, 2006
Not sure if it was mentioned if you bought raid bypasses in the not so distant past you can reclaim those for TP, when level 30 hits they wont work for level 30+ raids where you'll need the new extreme edition bypasses. Old bypasses will still work fine for old content though.

DemonMage posted:

Yeah there's a UI indicator for it:

I don't really find it tedious (15-20 anyways, only ITR) but at the same time I think the reason they made it require extra experience doesn't really apply anymore. And they didn't make it the case for epic levels even if you're ITRing. There's 42 past lives to get triple completionist. Even 14 is a significant investment. And then epic past lives on top of that. There's never going to be enough for the truly hardcore, and 42+ lives is plenty of end game for most normal people doing TRing instead of raiding.

I do wish they'd at least give you the option of doing a full rebuild when doing ETRing instead of just a LR.

It's the level 1-10 so far that's been making GBS threads me, 15-20 is mostly fine.

Like I do 20 quests that are all 20 secs to 3 mins long for piddly XP, there's also hardly anyone posting LFMs for me to be able to jump in and out of TR trains so boring repetitive crap. Oh then there's the 30 sec haste pots, CSW pots and like once cleave attack which are the only buttons I press til level 6.

This is probably my 20-30th(if you include TP farmers and deleted experimental builds) life where I started from level one so probably just jaded and bored of it all. Haven't been to level 1 in probably two years and thought it'd be fun, I was wrong.

Also you kinda have to do almost all the quests at low level(1-4 or so, after that it ain't that strict) if you want to do the one and done bravery thing, I gave up on that at level 6 though and did the pit and other things to mix it up, hopefully with the whole xp pen for repeats gone now it wont bite me too hard later on.

Noricae posted:

Crap! I just realized that the UI won't display a Greater normal tome if you're in your epic levels, so none of my characters had the little book I vaguely remembered. Thanks :)

Has Warlock been on sale in the past 3-6 months at all? Debating grabbing it or possibly waiting for a sale ;)

Don't think it has yet, doesn't Turbine have some week long sale where each day they have some big price drop near the end of the year?

I remember picking up half orc which I'll probably never play for like 120 TP or something insane a and similar deal with half elf around this time last year, I'd really like Warlock and shared storage/collectables to get some similar treatment so am gong to hold out for a bit.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

That end of the year sale sounds right yeah. You can also just sub as VIP and get access to Warlocks in the interim ($30 = 3 months + 1500 TP which isn't bad), though I guess that might mess with buying Warlocks on sale? Not sure if they ever got that straightened out. Waiting until the new year isn't a horrible idea though if you don't mind the chance of them not going on sale. They're slow to put new classes on sale because they make good money on them (not a surprise since they're a legit interesting option).

Also while they've said this before more or less I think, it's nice to see it so explicitly:

quote:

We have plans to fix all handwraps in the entirety of DDO by making them behave more like all other weapons in the game do. It is because handwraps are considered special and different that there have been so many bugs in the past. It's unfortunate that it's a great deal of work to fix, but it is a large fix across many items and systems (so it takes time no matter what, and extra time to make sure we get it right since it's complicated). Once we do that, we can make new handwraps and handwrap abilities the same as other items and combat styles, instead of having to make special cases for them each time. Then those items will be faster to make and with greatly reduced chance of having bugs (or, at least, the bugs won't just be for handwraps!)

No timeframe, but that should be cool when it hits. Wish they'd add a way to let you get scaling H2H on other characters too, I think monks are interesting enough with their active abilities (though I think the combo system is kinda meh) that they should focus on that for making them worth building.

Now if only they'd get rid of docents so they wouldn't have to worry about armor parity and pissing off large groups of people. Just let them equip everything and scale the AC based off body feats like it does now.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 1, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
They've been trying to fix handwraps for years now though, haven't they. Nice that they put a message out to show that it's still an ongoing process rather than something they've given up on. Also the combo system is cool theoretically but it's way too many buttons to do anything other than a couple combos, though. The only combos I do are lightx3, earth x3 and E-L-E. I couldn't imagine having all 4 elements + light/dark and actually weaving them for combos.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It's also a problem of it's just super finicky and lots of innocuous actions break your combos (had to open a door/use a lever? sucks to be you). And the combo results are just not that enticing, like I'd rather they let you spec into abilities and make them easier to use and better or last longer or something. Some of the buffs are okay, but having to put forth the effort every minute for a moderate buff (at best) is just irritating. It's like being a haste/displace (when you could cast on others) buffbot but far more annoying. And then the debuffs are either meh and/or have lovely DCs. Like there's a really solid idea there, but it just needs to be updated and easier to deal with.

[Edit] Basically I feel the UI/interacting with the UI (the way inputs are queued and dealt with and such, plus doors/etc) is a direct impediment to effort monking and then on top of that what you get for doing so is lackluster. I wound up using Fist of Iron, E-E-E, L-L-L, Every Light Casts a Shadow a ton, and very little anything else. Elemental Curative is a good example of a nice change, it just gives something awesome to a thing you're likely to use anyways.[/Edit]

And they've been wanting to do stuff with handwraps but the answer is always "it's a huge mess, we'll get to it someday". Which to be fair is kind of what's said here, but it sounds like they want to make it more of a priority so it's one less thing to worry about going forward. However they've got all the level 30 poo poo to worry about first.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 1, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006
And it gets worse when you have a bazillion clickies, cleave attacks, boosts and the like from ED's, tactics like stuns, and quivering palm. I already hate LD because of the constant cleaving and watching your hotbars to see if something comes off cool down early, adding monk pianoing to that would be a nightmare.

Think I posted my punchy clonk in this thread where I had every hotbar filled, so glad not to be playing anything like that any more.

No idea how they'll fix wraps and not also keep a lot of the "doesn't work with hand wraps" stuff though, will probably be the hardest thing yet for them to balance if they also want it to be multiclass friendly. If they just go with the usual super powerful 18/20 cores I'll be very sad.

Woden
May 6, 2006
So looks like December is going to have 4 weeks of deals, week one:

35% off Warlock Class, 75% off Sovereign Guild Renown Elixirs, 50% off Ingredient Bags and Temple of Elemental Evil!

There's the normal sale too, 20% off slayer pots, jewels of fortune and shared storage.

Not sure if I should hold out on shared storage in the hope that weeks 2-4 have better deals or not, Turbine isn't the best at planning these sorts of things.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Randomized Loot posted:

We are excited to give you our first Lamannia look at changes to randomized loot. We’ve done a ton of work on this already, and expect further work to be done for Update 29 and beyond. Here’s a basic idea of what’s happening:

Scaling Effects

Effects will now scale behind-the-scenes. This means that instead of seeing Dazing II or Dazing IV on an item, you’ll just see Dazing. However, the amount of the bonus will change as the item scales up, and the descriptions will accurately reflect the benefit. This allows us to build new items (and higher-level items) more quickly, and helps us better maintain our list of effects.

Prefixes and Suffixes

Currently on the Live servers, random loot has a Prefix, a Suffix, and an Enhancement bonus, and the overall power of the item is divided between the three effects.

Going forward, Prefixes, Suffixes, and Enhancement bonuses will be independent of one another, meaning you can get multiple very good effects on a given item. Additionally, there is a chance for an additional effect to go along with the Prefix and Suffix, which is also independent. Giving the possibility of 3 effects on the item all of which determine their own level independently.

Insightful Effects

Most effects now come in three bonuses:
· Main (typically Enhancement or Equipment bonuses)
· Insight (half the value of the main bonus type)
· Quality (only on named items; half the value of Insight bonuses)

Some items can now drop with both the Main and Insightful version of an effect on the same item, so you could end up with Strength +14 and Insightful Strength +7 on the same item.

Slots

Currently, there are four categories where we slot various effects: Weapons, Armor, Physical Accessory Effects, and Mental Accessory Effects. We plan to switch over to a list of effects that can show up on each slot, and different slots can overlap with one another. We expect that the exact placement of “which slot can have what” will require more polish, and will likely be tweaked over time.

Minimum Level

Currently on the Live servers, the Minimum Level of an item is determined “on the fly” by its Enhancement value and other effects. Starting in Update 29, the Minimum Level of the items you see in chests will be based on the level of the dungeon itself – so a level 10 dungeon on normal would drop Minimum Level 10 random loot, and level 12 loot on Elite. Behind the scenes how these minimum levels work is different (improved) so please let us know if you see anything odd on Lamannia.

Extra Lucky Loot

You can now get extra power on an item! In addition to the normal range of effect power an item can have, there will be the rare chance of the item getting even more power beyond its normal range for that minimum level.

Where does all this sit as of right now on Lamannia:

Our random loot update is still in progress. So far we’ve mostly created all of the scaling effects, and made both scaling and the effects themselves work. Now we’re at the point of adding the effects to various slots. In this preview, weapons, shields, and armor should be showing up with the new effects. Accessories are being worked on, and are in a mixed state for this preview.

There will be bugs. Polish will be needed. You’ll probably run into some issues. Please let us know about them. We also want to have feedback and discussion on what effects should show up where. Please remember that this system is still being worked on; in other words - Don’t Panic! We expect many iterations and tweaks to happen. There are also likely effects that are completely missing, and will need to be added back into random loot. Please help us find them!

Current Known Issues:

Striding/Speed effects don’t have a cap like they should.
Some Insight bonuses can show up at levels below where they should, causing a +0 bonus.
There are likely some effect/description errors.
Effect restrictions aren't implemented yet. This means unfortunate situations like assassination on ranged weapons can happen.

Might see some legit strong RNG loot.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Should be interesting. Will make looting chests in regular quests potentially exciting again, and with the extra power up thing it's sorta Diablo-like, which is probably better for long term health. Raid loot and other unique items have guaranteed powerful effects, but if you found the absolute perfect rare or have a weak slot a good random item could be a powerful boost to a specific aspect (like your casting or DPS stat). Plus they wanted to get this out of the way before doing the crafting system rework, since it ties together. THAT could be cool.

Also they said loot boosts will increase loot level like normal... I'm wondering if that fucks with the ML or not. It would be legit cool and not overly Pay to Win if you could use a +2 gem and get Power Level 14, ML12 loot from a level 12 quest. Basically built in Extra Lucky Loot that could potentially stack with it. That would make that interesting again since they stopped being useful for letting you get +5 tomes out of EH quests.

And Legendary Greensteel is going to be ML26 for weapons and accessories :awesomelon: (I'd still prefer lower, but that's 4 levels of use while TRing). There's supposed to be a post up about it later today (Friday).

Woden
May 6, 2006
Sounds like it will bury 90% of heroic named items.

DemonMage posted:

Also they said loot boosts will increase loot level like normal... I'm wondering if that fucks with the ML or not. It would be legit cool and not overly Pay to Win if you could use a +2 gem and get Power Level 14, ML12 loot from a level 12 quest. Basically built in Extra Lucky Loot that could potentially stack with it. That would make that interesting again since they stopped being useful for letting you get +5 tomes out of EH quests.

Probably would gently caress with it, I mean you can get up to +7 loot level ATM so it'd be kinda crazy. Best way to do that would probably just have a higher chance of wondrous/cursed items the higher the chest level is compared to character level but keep the item at quest level. So a level 5 dude doing a level 20 quest with loot gem gets level 20 gear but +17 however you want to math it to chance at wondrous items, still exploitable with challenges and stuff though.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

To be fair 90% of them aren't useful right now anyways. And most of the ones that are take a ton of effort to get and will still be good after the revamp for their unique effects.

And yeah, that's true. Not having to blow a tiny amount of TP on keeping gems up is better than a "TP tax" to get the best loot. It's just kinda frustrating they're not worth giving a poo poo about when you "win" them in daily dice.

quote:

Existing loot boosts will work as they have in the past by rolling on a higher treasure table.

Ransack will continue to work as it has before.

Augment slots can still drop on items as they did before.

Items will drop at the level of the quest, but items should also typically be a bit more powerful than what drops now.

It would be a lot to start listing the ranges of where everything drops, and it is worth noting that we expect to have to tweak some of the scaling formulas to dial them in better. But I believe +6 stats currently first show up at ML 10

Are the follow up responses so far.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Just sad to see more named gear get relegated to the trash, like any heroic item with two useful abilities that are on the lootgen list is beaten by lootgen. That's a crap load it items and will sting some epic ones too.

Gems will still be alright, you can zerg farm easier quests for random loot. Slightly different but still similar to what XP and renown gems do, allow you to get the same poo poo in a shorter amount of time.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I am completely okay with rng loot being better than a lot of the less good named items. Especially when some of them have completely hosed droprates. Or if you're using a weapon/armour type that doesn't have a tonne of named options.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I'd much rather see named loot be more interesting, and if this pushes them towards that I'm all for it. While the Torc (and SP potions) were a mistake for game balance for many years and to a lesser degree still are, I miss named loot like that. Which is why I'm glad to see Legendary Greensteel as that was pretty interesting too. Give unique items unique effects, make me want to seek them out for that. Though I'm sure they'll just continue to be 4-6 affixes of good power instead, which still makes them super useful since giving up a little stat to free up two slots is rarely a bad thing.

[Edit]

Woden posted:

Gems will still be alright, you can zerg farm easier quests for random loot. Slightly different but still similar to what XP and renown gems do, allow you to get the same poo poo in a shorter amount of time.

The big thing missing here is that you can't just queue up a bunch of chests and get a massive boost in efficiency from a loot gem. Renown/XP potions can be saved until you have all Saga's ready to turn in (there's another system they need to remember to add poo poo to...) and then still have them running for whatever random poo poo you do after. As is I pop loot gems when I get them, but they're just... there. Have to see how much the random loot will help with my 20-30 non-weapon TR kit, I mean the goal is to get vets like me/us excited about random chests again. Here's hoping they get it right.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 4, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I am completely okay with rng loot being better than a lot of the less good named items. Especially when some of them have completely hosed droprates. Or if you're using a weapon/armour type that doesn't have a tonne of named options.

That Titan belt I farmed for TRs when cap was 20 will be worse than lootgen and it kinda sucks, sure it's only +6 str/GFL but I worked for it and since it's hard to get raid loot I would like it to stay best in slot at level and for at least a few levels after. If you can get better poo poo off the AH then you're killing doing not only raids which generally have better items at their level, but also other named items and it just becomes a XP/min thing from 1-20 and maybe beyond.

Like why care what quest you do if the loot is the same in every quest of the same level? Just go for the best XP quests and buy or trade for what you're missing gear wise, no need to ever do the low XP quests.

DemonMage posted:

I'd much rather see named loot be more interesting, and if this pushes them towards that I'm all for it. While the Torc (and SP potions) were a mistake for game balance for many years and to a lesser degree still are, I miss named loot like that. Which is why I'm glad to see Legendary Greensteel as that was pretty interesting too. Give unique items unique effects, make me want to seek them out for that. Though I'm sure they'll just continue to be 4-6 affixes of good power instead, which still makes them super useful since giving up a little stat to free up two slots is rarely a bad thing.

Same. I loved those items you exploited the poo poo out of and built toons around like Torc(guards, Conc-Opp, DR, low AC, shields, etc.), Docent of Defiance(as well as Titanic Docents for similar DR shenanigans). One cool weird item could open up some new build opportunities back then so I'd rather they try for that even if they fail, it might work next update or it might never be viable but at least they tried.

Loot that's just +1 stat per 3 levels, +2 enhancement per 4 levels, +d3 damage per level yada yada is really boring and uninspired, give me the goofy poo poo.

DemonMage posted:

The big thing missing here is that you can't just queue up a bunch of chests and get a massive boost in efficiency from a loot gem. Renown/XP potions can be saved until you have all Saga's ready to turn in (there's another system they need to remember to add poo poo to...) and then still have them running for whatever random poo poo you do after. As is I pop loot gems when I get them, but they're just... there. Have to see how much the random loot will help with my 20-30 non-weapon TR kit, I mean the goal is to get vets like me/us excited about random chests again. Here's hoping they get it right.

That's true, it kinda worked that way when champ chests didn't despawn. So you could farm 200+ chests in Haunted Halls and then pop a pot and open them all but they killed that. Wonder if it'll work with those chests you get in inventory from challenges or not, still not as good as guild renown pots or XP ones for you play and more like slayer pots but less terrible than they are now at least.

Woden fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Dec 4, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Greensteel post is up. [Edit] As is the U29 items post, some nice stuff here. [/Edit]

quote:

Play Update 29 quests & raids, collecting ingredients. This includes all 3 raids - yes, Legendary Hound of Xoriat and Legendary Tempest Spine provide indirect access to Legendary Green Steel ingredients. (There's some extra steps here because we don't want to simply drop Devil Scales for players who might not even own the Vale and aren't going to be crafting LGS.) We currently plan for Tier 1 and Tier 2 ingredients to be found in various quests. Tier 3 ingredients will only drop in the Shroud.

Glad to hear this, not crazy about tier 3 being raid only but that's because normal greensteel isn't that great until Tier 3. Maybe this time Tier 1/2 will be worth caring about too. But them adding shroud ingredients to more places and especially non raid quests was a huge good step back in the day.

quote:

Craft Legendary Green Steel Augments (LGSA).
  • Each blank LGS item has 4 Green Steel Augment Slots. These slots cannot hold any augments that exist in Update 28 or earlier, but instead hold various kinds of Legendary Green Steel augments crafted from LGS ingredients. (These slots only hold Green Steel Augments, and these Green Steel Augments only go in these slots, in other words.)
  • There will be hundreds of different possible augments. There's a few different ways to count them, and some are definitely similar to one another, but depending on how you count them there are between ~120 and ~600 augments (depending on what you consider "different" augments - the lower number is ).

I think this is a really good way to go about it.

Also Codex Runes are used to craft blanks and remove Taint. There's no 20th list here.

quote:

Handwraps are not included in Legendary Green Steel in Update 29. We wanted to get the revamp of handwrap technology in for Update 29, but that's a fairly massive task and just couldn't be done. We understand this is quite frustrating for some players.

No surprise there.

quote:

For both design and technical reasons, we're removing the tier 2 Bonus Effects per se. There's no special bonus for what you put into the tier 1 and tier 2 slots (not public, not secret).

However, we're adding the "Active" augment slot so you can still put a clicky in your Green Steel. It will be another option and axis - the choice is independent of all tiered abilities. You pick one clicky no matter what other choices you make - it's not inherently tied to the Focuses you put into tier. These clickies will generally be for new abilities; they won't just be Heroic Green Steel effects (scaled up or otherwise), though we're still considering if some of the Heroic active abilities are so desirable that we should replicate them in Legendary.

Loses some of the flavor, I guess, but overall I think it's the right choice.

quote:

Tier 3 "Bonus" Effects etc.
This flavor & to an extent "mystery" is retained. This is what the Primary & Secondary focuses in tier 3 are about - the secondary focus only really matters for this. Based on your slotted Augments, you receive a bonus effect. The bonus effect is only shows up after putting the augments in, since it depends on combinations of all three tiers of augments.

Tier 3 Bonus Effects may or may not be similar to Heroic versions (scaled up to higher numbers if so). Some of this may depend on time, but we'd like to be more creative here - rather than in the normal Tiered effects, which are mostly well suited for simply coming up into Legendary with higher value numbers.

And there the flavor is back anyways.

quote:

We currently plan for any extractor to be in the store only. You can slot a new LGSA over an existing LGSA in that slot, destroying the existing augment, without having to rebuild the entire weapon (as you must do in Heroic Green Steel).

Eh. Fair I guess. Works like existing augments, pay TP to get it back instantly, or farm up another one instead.

[Edit]

NEW: Archmage's Arcane Bolt and Arcane Blast SLAs now benefit from Maximize, Empower, Quicken, and Heighten metamagic feats.
NEW: Archmage's Arcane Bolt and Arcane Blast SLAs now scale with Spell Power at the normal rate (rather than 50%.)
NEW: Master of Alignment – Minimum level 24: Your Holy Smite, Deific Vengeance, Unholy Blight, Chaos Hammer, and Order’s Wrath spells get +10 to their Maximum Caster Level.Grants +140 Maximum Spell Points

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 4, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006
Sounds pretty great, it's like they've fixed all the problems that GS had and just made it better across the board.

Shame about ingredients being bound though, jewellers kits not working for them and also going into augment bags. Already have one huge and two large bags that are mostly full of augs.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Hold up. Ignore everything except this

quote:

Rune Arm - Machination of Madness

Bee Shot - This Rune Arm's shot deals piercing damage, and stacks a piercing DOT.
Knife Imbue VI (Will probably become "Piercing Imbue")
Taint of Chaos
Impulse +159
Natural Armor +15
Insightful Repair Amplification (Scaling numbers TBD)
Insightful Evocation Focus +2
Rune Arm Charge Rate 30%
Yellow Augment Slot
Green Augment Slot

Shoot goddamn bees at people.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Wow, that post answers most of my questions that I had about the random loot gen revamp. No news about Cannith crafting revamp right?

I'd also love a downconvert of some sort to normal greensteel ingredients, in case you'd want to make twink gear.

(Also yesssss, grabbed Warlock and ToEE... now just a few more recent adventure packs need to go on sale before I have time to play in a couple of weeks.)

The Archmage updates sound fantastic!

Noricae fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 5, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Standing news on crafting is the loot revamp had to come first and it's something they want to do but it's not a priority. So it's easy for others things to delay it, but it's something they're working on in theory.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Like the greensteel handwraps that have to wait for a handwrap revamp before being added. And they're working on it ;) Suuure they are.

Noricae fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 5, 2015

Woden
May 6, 2006
Logged on to lamannia to check things out, so far it looks like:

Tier 1 weapons:
150 spell power
6d6 damage(negative/holy flag the weapon as good/evil)
14 stat
35 enhancement bonus to MRR
25% enhancement bonus to elemental absorption
30 enhancement bonus to healing amp

Tier 2 weapons:

37 quality spell power
elemental burst, no idea on damage(flags evil/good) | damage seems a little less that 100 with 53 melee power
7 insightful stat
9 quality MRR
30% enhancement bonus elemental absorption
50 equip bonus to healing amp

Weapons tier 3:
37 exceptional spell power
elemental blast, no idea on damage(flags evil/good) | damage is 6d120 on vorpal.
2 exceptional stat
9 exceptional MRR
35% enhancement bonus to elemental absorption
70 competence bonus to healing amp

Lots of doubling up on things like MRR so they're hopefully place holder, also no equipment bonuses yet nor clickies or tier 3 bonus for dual sharding.

Oh the other raid items are all broken so can't really get a feel for them.

Edit: only tested the burst/blast for a minute, so numbers are very off.

Woden fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Dec 5, 2015

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Sod the crunch, I might actually be tempted to log on once the bee bee gun goes live. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I guess i don't have to worry about making two legendary greensteel weapons since handwraps aren't going to be in. Which I'm oddly okay with considering I've already got quite a few handwraps I swap between, including a tier 2 tforged. It will be nice finally switching out to something else instead of pinion on my archer. I was looking at the bow from ToEE but the likelihood of getting that to drop seems low.

• Locked thread