Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Acne Rain posted:

what's a good LP of games with bizarre mechanics (like The Void) or hard and obscure puzzles (Riven, La Mulana, etc)

Bizarre mechanics, also by frozentreasure: http://lparchive.org/Mischief-Makers/

grab and shake. grab and shake. shake, shake, shake. just keep on shakin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Can I get a recommendation for a completed, well done, abridged, preferably informative, preferably high completion % FFVII video LP?

E:My wife has promised me cookies if I deliver on this, please help.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
You're going to have to be more specific.

Not about the LP about the cookies the public must know.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

toddy. posted:

Not about the LP about the cookies the public must know.

Depending on your answer, you may get a helpful recommendation.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Blind Sally posted:

Bizarre mechanics, also by frozentreasure: http://lparchive.org/Mischief-Makers/

grab and shake. grab and shake. shake, shake, shake. just keep on shakin'.

I mean I never really thought they were that bizarre. What else would a robot maid do?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
They will be chococolate chip cookies made with semi-sweet nestle chocolate chips, darigold butter, C&H brown sugar and sugar, bob's red mill all purpose flour, arm&hammer baking soda, baker's imitation vanilla flavor, great value iodized salt, and fresh eggs from our chickens. The chocolate chip to dough ratio will be absurdly large. 1/8 of the dough will be partitioned into bite size bits and reserved in freezer for future snacking. The cookies will be baked from the remaining dough and I will get to eat at least two of them before they disappear to be "shared with her coworkers"*.

*Really if she wants cookies packed with her lunch she could just ask.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

SkinCrawling posted:

Has anyone done a good LP of Warcraft 2 and/or 3?

There's Azzur's LP that sadly stopped during the expansion missions.

I would also link it if the archives were not busted.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

Got a preference for SSLP or VLP? If not, there's a South Park: Stick of Truth SSLP goin' on, and the game itself is hilarious: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732262

Is there a good VLP of this one? The description in the SSLP you linked has me very intrigued, but I prefer video LP's greatly.

I also third the request for a good Until Dawn LP

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dial M for MURDER posted:

Is there a good VLP of this one? The description in the SSLP you linked has me very intrigued, but I prefer video LP's greatly.

Cutscenes have video links in that LP.

I couldn't recommend a good straight VLP of the game, but there are dozens of them on YouTube.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

It's on the docket, I just need a PS4, the game, one or two other things, and probably like half a year to put it all together.

In the meantime, Two Best Friends' LP of it is outstanding; Matt and Pat at their finest.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh god if I had a PS4 I'd be on this poo poo like white on rice, I fuckin loved Until Dawn. :negative:

As is though, I agree with frozentreasure that 2BFP has the best LP of the game unless you're okay with facecams in which case I'd say HarshlyCritical. The latter did two runs of the game, his normal playthrough, and then a second one after where he tried to get everyone killed asap to try and bust the story wide open, and he succeeded to an extent!

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I'm pretty familiar with Half Life but never really got to finishing HL2. Is there a good video LP of this? I looked on LParchive and there's just some jokey screenshot one. If you say that's worth it I'll check it out but at this point I'd prefer just a reasonable straight, well commented, playthrough to get me up to speed.

I own all the HL2 episodes but never found the time to play them and likely won't for a good while.

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope

Some one up thread recommended Harshly Critical as a good source of horror lp's. I watched and very much enjoyed his lp of Until Dawn, here's the first part. He does the whole scare cam thing in the lower left corner, but he's pretty unobtrusive with it, doesn't over act the scares or anything.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Ciaphas posted:

I'd recommend listening to / watching Agent355's LP of La Mulana anyway, he and his co-commentators (mainly Yappo) have good rapport and Olesh's hardmode run (and blind HELL TEMPLE stream :getin:) is interesting for just how much better he is at video games :v:

hm, highwang didn't do hell temple maybe their hell temple video would be interestIT'S FOUR HOURS????:psyduck:

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Acne Rain posted:

hm, highwang didn't do hell temple maybe their hell temple video would be interestIT'S FOUR HOURS????:psyduck:

Think of it as more of a bonus stream than anything else. I made a special effort to avoid spoiling myself on anything related to Hell Temple for that video, although I was at least tangentially aware that it was bullshit walking in. I'm not super proud of how it worked out, all told, (especially the fact that I didn't end up beating Hell Temple) but if you haven't seen Hell Temple before you get to experience it right alongside me.

On the other hand, don't watch a four hour stream of Hell Temple what is wrong with you.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I took a drink every time Olesh fell into the HELL room. Needless to say my spelling got worse as the stream went on.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
(GIF animation)

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

Princey posted:

Speaking of DoctorKill's LPs, which I've been enjoying a lot, does anyone have any other glitch LPs to recommend? I've read Let's Horribly Break Pokemon Blue on the archive, too, and that one's also entertaining.

Speedrun-oriented videos that slow down enough to explain the tricks they're pulling off would probably scratch the itch, too.

It is not full LPs but there is a youtube series Son of a Glitch which shows off a lot of amusing and/or useful glitches in games. He has done a few speedruns.

Acne Rain posted:

what's a good LP of games with bizarre mechanics (like The Void) or hard and obscure puzzles (Riven, La Mulana, etc)

The Talos Principle is a good one - they have not got to the harder puzzles yet.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
It should be mentioned that if you enjoyed cannibalK9's LP of the Void he also did one of the Talos Principle that was very good. As for another recommendation supergreatfriend is currently LP'ing Realms of the Haunting which is a Point and Click FPS and seems very interesting so far.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

ZeusCannon posted:

It should be mentioned that if you enjoyed cannibalK9's LP of the Void he also did one of the Talos Principle that was very good. As for another recommendation supergreatfriend is currently LP'ing Realms of the Haunting which is a Point and Click FPS and seems very interesting so far.

I will also recommend CannibalK9's LP of the Talos Principle. It's complete, and the thread is right here.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Olesh posted:

Think of it as more of a bonus stream than anything else. I made a special effort to avoid spoiling myself on anything related to Hell Temple for that video, although I was at least tangentially aware that it was bullshit walking in. I'm not super proud of how it worked out, all told, (especially the fact that I didn't end up beating Hell Temple) but if you haven't seen Hell Temple before you get to experience it right alongside me.

On the other hand, don't watch a four hour stream of Hell Temple what is wrong with you.

It was a fun stream and frankly I think it's laudable that you did as well as you did. That zone is complete unmitigated horseshit. :v:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Where can I find a good Let's Play for Journey?

VVV edit: Thank you! VVV

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 18, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Raskolnikov posted:

Where can I find a good Let's Play for Journey?
http://lparchive.org/Journey/

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Does anyone know a good LP for Labyrinth of Touhou? We had one in the forum a couple years ago that died half way through.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Those of you who liked DJBs LP of Pokémon Red 151 might be interested to know that he's doing one of a similar Pokémon Emerald hack. As with the Pokémon Red 151 LP it's very heavily edited thus saving the viewer many, many hours of pointless footage.

His youtube channel is called DJBPlaythroughs. Thus far he's two videos in and has got the first badge.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Death Zebra posted:

Those of you who liked DJBs LP of Pokémon Red 151 might be interested to know that he's doing one of a similar Pokémon Emerald hack. As with the Pokémon Red 151 LP it's very heavily edited thus saving the viewer many, many hours of pointless footage.

His youtube channel is called DJBPlaythroughs. Thus far he's two videos in and has got the first badge.

Half the fun was the thread for me, I don't find it as fun just watching the videos. :smith:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Two hidden gems of the FPS genre are currently being LP'd, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger by Fleve and No One Lives Forever by dscruffy1. Check them out for the best shooters you never played; they're both heavily story-driven spoofs of movie genres (western for CoJ, parodic spy flick for NOLF - it's basically the best James Bond game that ever came out) with a lot of love put into them and both LPers are making sure they show off all the little details that make these two games so endearing. Seriously, go watch them. Now.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 24, 2015

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Anyone know of any good VLPs of Tom Clancy's EndWar that uses the voice recognition feature? The only one I found with a sizeable number of views on YouTube, the guy didn't finish the game.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

FalloutGod posted:

I wouldn't mind knowing this my self and a recommendation for X3 as well. I saw it went up on GOG recently but drat if it isn't a daunting game to get into. I wouldn't mind watching a LP that goes over some of the more intricate features. Off site or on and it doesn't need to be "entertaining" just factual with good insight.

Indeed it is daunting, but very well worth it. I'm pretty sure this is the guide I watched when I first got into it. It's for vanilla Terran Conflict, but most everything will apply to Albion Prelude as well. Provided that I didn't just link you to the wrong thing, this guy does a good job of being helpful, concise, and not unpleasant to listen to.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Is there a good LP of The Stanley Parable? Because I heard that that game was great and I played the demo, and I don't get it at all. I want to know what people who like it see in it.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
Any good LPs for the Way of the Samurai series? Can't find anything on the LP archive.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Is there a good LP of The Stanley Parable? Because I heard that that game was great and I played the demo, and I don't get it at all. I want to know what people who like it see in it.

Isn't the Stanley Parable one of those games where the demo's content are actually not in the main game at all, and just kinda like it?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

HenryEx posted:

Isn't the Stanley Parable one of those games where the demo's content are actually not in the main game at all, and just kinda like it?

Yeah, the demo is basically an entirely different game. It was done to showcase the tone the actual game had, but the creator didn't want to spoil any of the content in the actual game.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Yar The Pirate posted:

Any good LPs for the Way of the Samurai series? Can't find anything on the LP archive.
Kaz played the first one earlier this year, but it's not on the Archives, it seems.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Geop posted:

Kaz played the first one earlier this year, but it's not on the Archives, it seems.

I was actually just about to recommend that one, except I couldn't remember who did it. I will second this, it's great.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Death Zebra posted:

I love DJB's stuff an' ting, but I wish he'd get away from the Pokemon

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I would like to give the Persona series another try. Which LPer and game would you recommend? Skipping grinding and showing off Personas and monsters would be particularly appreciated.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

paradoxGentleman posted:

I would like to give the Persona series another try. Which LPer and game would you recommend? Skipping grinding and showing off Personas and monsters would be particularly appreciated.

Really Pants' Persona 4 Golden LP is probably my favorite of what's on the archive.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Gonna second that one too on the grounds that it's the only one not presented as an in-character series of diary entries (well I dunno about the Persona 2 LP by Schildkrote, I never read it but that's from like '07 so it's probably not super thorough).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
If anyone wants a good playthrough of Resonance of Fate with great quality but without commentary, I've got one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWMp606vP0