Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

You guys should also remember that hordes can return provinces they took in a war for free. So going on a repeated raze-return-repeat against a soft target if you have a solid base might be a good idea to weaken any enemies and put you on a fast track to reforming out of horde gov type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I got roped into a huge Religious League war. I'm actually doing A-OK and have mostly won the war for my allies, yet the motherfuckers won't end the war. We've been above 75% warscore for years now, and my people are calling for peace.

Is there any way to tell them to cool it or I'll leave? Ideally I'd like to avoid the separate peace penalty, but this is getting crazy.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

JerikTelorian posted:

I got roped into a huge Religious League war. I'm actually doing A-OK and have mostly won the war for my allies, yet the motherfuckers won't end the war. We've been above 75% warscore for years now, and my people are calling for peace.

Is there any way to tell them to cool it or I'll leave? Ideally I'd like to avoid the separate peace penalty, but this is getting crazy.

Don't worry I'm sure they'll peace out for war reparations only soon.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You know your Teutonic Order game is going to be good when Poland spends the first few years to ally Brandenburg, get the PU over Lithuania and then proceeds to declare war. Fortunately I managed to ally Austria the month before the war and amazingly enough the HRE train actually grouped up to take on the hostile mass stack and we would've crushed them if it wasn't for the Crimean and Ottoman jerks starting their thing in the middle of the war. The new dlc is taking too long to arrive.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

JerikTelorian posted:

Are you holding onto a province the war leader wants? Because they'll sit around waiting for you to turn it over or peace out.

Drakhoran
Oct 21, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

I just saw the five minutes of Arumba's stream that were linked here, and saw that Uzbek didn't have free reinforcements. But maybe he was just looking in the wrong spot.

It's now part of the government type rather than horde ideas. This is a screenshot from when Arumba upgraded his government rank:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
When is this out again, December 1st?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Drakhoran posted:

It's now part of the government type rather than horde ideas. This is a screenshot from when Arumba upgraded his government rank:

Amazing. :fap:

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Koramei posted:

it's tied to government type now, not ideas. it means even Timurids and Manchus etc get them now

Drakhoran posted:

Awesome! I have been calling for this for forever. It was just too abusable before.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Please hurrY UP DECEMBER FIRST THANK YOU.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Too Poetic posted:

Can anyone give me some tips for playing as the Papal State? I dont see how I'm supposed to expand into territories in the HRE, seems really difficult to get allies that will be able to help. I guess I could go after Naples.

France will love you if you sell Avingon to them and sell the Romangna to Urbino then you can join the HRE and buddy up to Austria too, unless those two are rivaled, in which case you get to pick one. Once you have France and Austria on your side, expanding is very easy. Just find a way to expand outside of Italy early on or you'll draw a huge Italian coalition. I personally gobbled up a few small countries in central Italy then fabricated on Riga, took it and then took Serbia and Bosnia. Then I declared a holy war on the Ottomans and used my BFFs France and Austria/Hungary to take a big chunk of Byzantium, released Byz as a vassal the used their cores to kick the Ottomans back across the Bosphorus. While they were weak QQ and the Mamelukes came in and took chunks and crippled the Ottomans to the point of no return which made expanding into Turkey very easy. After I had the huge powerbase that all of that land gave me, I took the rest of Italy while taking pieces of Northern Africa. Then finally I turned on Austria and the HRE and am slowly gobbling them up and crushing the reformation centers while also expanding South and East.

Here's the current pic, been playing a bit here and there waiting until Dec 1st so I can play my Genoese game. Tripoli and Gaz are my Vassals and The Knights are a March, I was going to go for the achievement but the TO turned themselves into Prussia so I can't possibly make TO a march now since they no longer are able to exist in my game.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Deltasquid posted:

But again, let's say I'm playing as the Manchu tribes, go for China, raze it to the ground and form Qing. Now I have a weakened China + Manchuria. Is this a better or worse deal than conquering China without razing them? I assume that yes, you pay more adm points to core China, but at least it isn't a crippled China you rule over later.

The thing is though that 100 development is the same whether it's spread across 30 provinces or 10. When you pillage a province, you lose 3 development and gain 25 admin (and diplo and mil) which is almost as much as it costs to core 3 development elsewhere.

Let's say you're conquering a country with 120 development spread across 10 provinces evenly (4/4/4). If you don't raze and core, it will cost you 1200 admin. If you raze and then core, you get 250 A/D/M. You obviously lose 30 development, but with 250 admin, you can core 25 more development, and the diplo points will let you diplo-annex a little over 30 more. So you lose 30 development but gain the resources to acquire 55 more, plus 250 mil points to do whatever. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Fister Roboto posted:

The thing is though that 100 development is the same whether it's spread across 30 provinces or 10. When you pillage a province, you lose 3 development and gain 25 admin (and diplo and mil) which is almost as much as it costs to core 3 development elsewhere.

Let's say you're conquering a country with 120 development spread across 10 provinces evenly (4/4/4). If you don't raze and core, it will cost you 1200 admin. If you raze and then core, you get 250 A/D/M. You obviously lose 30 development, but with 250 admin, you can core 25 more development, and the diplo points will let you diplo-annex a little over 30 more. So you lose 30 development but gain the resources to acquire 55 more, plus 250 mil points to do whatever. Sounds like a win-win to me.

I suppose that makes sense. I'll play around with it, maybe I'm just not willing enough to go full :black101: to see the upsides right now.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fister Roboto posted:

There's also the advantage that a third of what you're burning is milpoints. :getin:

The new achievements look fun, and will lead to my first custom nations games!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Anyone know if Savegames will be compatible?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Baron Porkface posted:

Anyone know if Savegames will be compatible?

With big DLC releases they normally aren't.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
What's this about leaderboards?

Also Rags and Riches ( Have the highest income in the world while owning no province with a development level higher than 10.) should be called Burn them to the ground, at least that's how I am gonna get that. Start a game as a horde and raze everything. Hopefully I can keep away from reforming for long enough to get there.
The only other way I can see to get this achievement would be a lot of custom nations, which is kinda boring.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
If I form the Netherlands and choose the Dutch Republic while having a PU over another nation, will I retain my PU or will it disappear? As Burgundy I pressed a claim to the throne of a fairly strong Provence and won, but am one province away from forming the Netherlands. I've never had a situation like that before, so I have no idea what would happen. I would just try it out for a laugh and savescum it, but I have started doing ironman runs now, and this is a really funny run which I don't want to be ruined by me experimenting about.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

dutch republics can have PUs. after all, great britain was in a PU with the netherlands during the period (there's even an event in-game for it)

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Another Person posted:

If I form the Netherlands and choose the Dutch Republic while having a PU over another nation, will I retain my PU or will it disappear? As Burgundy I pressed a claim to the throne of a fairly strong Provence and won, but am one province away from forming the Netherlands. I've never had a situation like that before, so I have no idea what would happen. I would just try it out for a laugh and savescum it, but I have started doing ironman runs now, and this is a really funny run which I don't want to be ruined by me experimenting about.

The dutch republic goverment form allows for royal marriages and pu's so you can form the netherlands without a problem.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Sweet. Now I just need to take these last 2 provinces from France and I can form the Republic without having to worry about losing all of my gains.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Another Person posted:

Sweet. Now I just need to take these last 2 provinces from France and I can form the Republic without having to worry about losing all of my gains.

Just slow down a bit, too much cardio and you'll loose all your gains.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
A lot of Patchnotes: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/patch-1-14-full-patch-notes.893380/

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

quote:

- The Janissary Decadence disaster will now only trigger 100 years after the Janissary modifier is acquired by the Ottomans.
- Fabricate claims will be four times slower for the remaining duration if discovered
- Policy for Quantity + Expansion now increases land forcelimits instead of giving an extra colonist.
- Giving in to zealot rebels of your own religion will no longer increase missionary strength. Instead it will add a 10% tech malus for 10 years.
- Zealot rebels of your own religion will no longer convert provinces they take. Instead the religious violence modifier will be added to such provinces.
- Spread out the military tactics a bit further.
- There is now a -100 opinion modifier for having force vassalized or enforced a union upon a subject.
- Armies that win battles will now gain a significant boost to morale, to prevent situations where an army is stack wiped due to winning a narrowly fought battle and then immediately being attacked. Amount of morale regained depends on the strength of the enemy army defeated relative to their own strength.
- The 'Rebel Uprising' alert will now only appear when rebels are two 'ticks' away from revolting (usually at 80% progress).

Here's all the stuff I found really interesting that I don't think has been mentioned anywhere else. Really glad to see the Quantity/Expansion policy get nerfed, the extra colonist was really too good to pass up. I also really like the morale boost for winning battles even if that does mean its harder to cheese wars.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hmmm, so if a diplomat gets discovered early it will be much better to cancel and resend than to wait for 3+ years? That's just too painful to wait out.

Poil fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 30, 2015

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Poil posted:

Hmmm, so if a diplomat gets discovered early it will be much better to cancel and resend than to wait for 3+ years? That's just too painful to wait out.

What if he is discovered again? I think it shouldn't be too hard to math out the optimal recall times based on a given discovery chance though.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Oddly, the thing I'm probably most excited for (apart from Estates) is espionage being actually viable, the tougher claim fabrication is probably intended to do that as well. Free monarch points plus loving with rivals' vassals seems cool, I hope it works well in practice and you don't just get kicked out after two months every time.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

lots of great stuff in there! Not this though:

- Zealot rebels of your own religion will no longer convert provinces they take. Instead the religious violence modifier will be added to such provinces.
- Giving in to zealot rebels of your own religion will no longer increase missionary strength. Instead it will add a 10% tech malus for 10 years.

nah j/k the religious rebel strats were pretty exploitable, the patch notes don't seem to really mention it but rebels in general seem to have been buffed, backed up by what DDRJake was saying in his stream. They were spawning with some pretty serious stacks. On one hand this change is nice:

- Rebels should no longer 'bunch up', avoiding provinces with other rebel stacks when possible.

On the other hand that definitely didn't seem to be happening on the streams. Oh well, Humanism here I come!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Prop Wash posted:

RIP Jewthiopia and Zoroastimmy.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
- Split the Hansa up into the Free Cities of Bremen and Hamburg and the Merchant Republic of Lübeck.

Huh. So that means no more Hansa to start?

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

RIP Jewthiopia and Zoroastimmy.

You can still let heathen religious rebels convert you, so these two are still possible.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Colonial Air Force posted:

- Split the Hansa up into the Free Cities of Bremen and Hamburg and the Merchant Republic of Lübeck.

Correct, the old setup made no sense anyway.

Also:

quote:

- Forming Mughals no longer require to be reformed, but instead it requires 500 development and then reforms you.
:iit:

And I like the addition of holy cities for more faiths, about loving time.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Colonial Air Force posted:

Yeah. I believe the Hansa was only added midway through EU3's lifecycle -- it's kinda weird to represent them as a country that goes conquering a bunch of land, anyway. I hope they add some Hanseatic events to the relevant cities though.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Disco Infiva posted:

Just slow down a bit, too much cardio and you'll loose all your gains.

I slow my cardio for no man. I made all my mad gains. In 2 hours I vassalised and integrated tiny France (they had the Falklands which was out of my coring range), took Valencia, and took Frisia, as well as declaring a dumb war on Spain for no real gain.

e; "- Breaking an alliance now gives a truce for 5 years between the nations breaking it."

not a fan of that change

Another Person fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 30, 2015

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
We're planning a new multiplayer HRE game, was going to play as the Hansa. Back to the drawing board!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Is the patch out yet? I need to know Hamburg's new map colour, I really liked the old green.

Drakhoran
Oct 21, 2012

Patch is out tomorrow to compete with the launch of Just Cause 3.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

- Countries with incomes less than 10 ducats will no longer get level 2 advisors (except by event) and countries with incomes less than 50 ducats will no longer get level 3 advisors (except by event).

Are Buddhists gonna be less painful to play? I always wanted to do a Southeast Asia game.

Also with the nerf to integrate-by-decision stuff is there a way to break provinces off them if they got bigger on their own accord?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

quote:

- AI attitudes are now hardcoded, to both improve performance and make the AI more consistent and logical in its attitude selection.

- There is now a +50 opinion bonus with a neighboring country if you both border a more advanced neighbor (advanced as in it fulfilling tech group requirement to protectorate you).
- AI is now more likely to befriend and less likely to antagonize countries that it has the Share Advanced Neighbor opinion bonus towards.

- Will no longer suicide ships against navies that it thinks are leaving a province before they actually are.

Wait does the attitudes thing mean you won't have to restart thirty times for some runs so the rivals work out for you? On the other hand there might be some countries that are just screwed now drat.

The new triggered modifiers are also cool

quote:

# Modifiers
- Kutai Traditions is now a Provincial Trade Power Modifier instead of Domestic Trade Power.
- Added Conquest of Lhasa triggered modifier for Vajrayana countries.
- Added Conquest of Varanasi triggered modifier for Hindu countries.
- Added Conquest of Kotte triggered modifier for Theravada countries.
- Added Conquest of Bodh Gaya triggered modifier for all Buddhist countries.
- Added Conquest of Louyang triggered modifier for Mahayana countries.
- Added Conquest of Cholula triggered modifier for reformed Nahuatl countries.
- Added Conquest of Pachacamac triggered modifier for reformed Inti countries.
- Added Conquest of Chichen Itza triggered modifier for reformed Mayan countries.
- Added Conquest of Amritsar triggered modifier for Sikh countries.
- The Triggered Modifier for conquering Rome will now only trigger for Muslims and Christians.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm surprised it took this long for Wiz to break up the Hansa, honestly. Since he broke it up in EU3+.

• Locked thread