Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Lookin' forward to their special rules all being hot garbage like all other instances of Thousand Sons. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

For 40 points upgrade your sergeant to a ML1 Psyker who can roll on Telekinesis or Pyromancy :hawksin:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

Lookin' forward to their special rules all being hot garbage like all other instances of Thousand Sons. :smith:

That's the beauty of 30k, they can't gently caress poo poo up THAT bad because of the shared core of units. Right? Right????
(More seriously, seeing how even the "worst" legions still have lots of cool poo poo going on, I'm not worried. Right? Right????)

Hixson posted:

YES YES YEEEESSSSS

Kinda wish they'd use the version with the corner filigree/indents, but these are still sick as hell.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

Kinda wish they'd use the version with the corner filigree/indents, but these are still sick as hell.

I'm just happy the upgrade kits are mk4. So my horde of mk4 dudes will fit in. I really dig the helmets, I'll probably stick with my sculpted and casted shoulder pads though

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hixson my dude, you lucked out. Looks like mk4 is now their 'standard look' so any upgreydd parts will fit right into your squads. The shoulder pad looks a lot like yours too. Definitely stick with yours.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Well, it depends on the legion. IW, IF and IH are mk iii. RG are mk vi.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
He plays space wizards and that armour is clearly for space wizards

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Dare you enter my magical realm?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

My first horus heresy marine :toot:
C&C please?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

C&C please?

This is loving ace, and I'm typically picky about SoH greens.

Now do the other 19 bros too!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

It looks greener in real life. I'll try and get a better picture soon.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Oups.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DJ Dizzy posted:

C&C please?

Looks drat good. Whats your recipe? Really digging the metallic highlights you did. I love that effect.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Looks drat good. Whats your recipe? Really digging the metallic highlights you did. I love that effect.

Black spray
Kabalite green
Drybrush of necron compound.
Coelia greenshade wash.

Metal is washed with nuln and gold with agrax

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Another pic that better shows off the green. I hope it still looks halfway decent :ohdear:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'd consider drybrushing a silver very lightly over the raised flat surfaces (like the shoulder pads, knees, and top of the helmet). Keep it really light and it will really make the worn metal look pop more. Still looks dope dude.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Do a slight dot of lighter red on the bit of lens nearest the nose and a tiny dot of white on the bit nearest the ears. Easy highlight makes it look a billion times better.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

My green recipe that I've been doing recently is Vallejo German Army Uniform with a Coelia Greenshade wash, then washed again with black. I need to do some layer highlights and weathering and get everything ready for a pin wash to finish it.

edit: Here's my work in progress marine

panascope fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 1, 2015

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen some people use or refer to Horus Heresy tactical objective cards but I can't find them anywhere. Are they an actual thing?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I've seen some people use or refer to Horus Heresy tactical objective cards but I can't find them anywhere. Are they an actual thing?

The Betrayal at Calth game is card-based, which is probably what they're referring to.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Some more investigation revealed this:

Apparently these were event-exclusive or something, though, so no worries.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Some more investigation revealed this:

Apparently these were event-exclusive or something, though, so no worries.

Yeah, it was for the Throne of Skulls tournament.

If you play the same faction as that on the card you get double the victory points. They seem to be themed well, though there was an Emp Child versus Death Guard that made the Death Guard specific cards seem really easy to get.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-rSn7JKAbI

LordAba fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 1, 2015

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:siren: :siren:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Horus-Heresy-Legiones-Astartes-Isstvan-Campaign-Legions

If you have this book hurry if you can. Sell sell sell. Now I'm worried the drat Legion Book will get dropped all stealth like.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Probably softcover or updated.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Just in time for an early February update!

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Re: Sons of Horus: for my basecoat I do two parts VGA electric blue to one part VMA camo green, washed in coelia greenshade. I can't find any pictures on my phone but I'll try to post some WIPs after work.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

While the vehicles are amazing (specifically, the land raider sized not-a-land-raider, the dreads and the uber-jet) I just can't get excited by hot marine on marine action; not unless one side is covered in spikes and has scores of mewling cultists, to use as chaff.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties

BULBASAUR posted:

:siren: :siren:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Horus-Heresy-Legiones-Astartes-Isstvan-Campaign-Legions

If you have this book hurry if you can. Sell sell sell. Now I'm worried the drat Legion Book will get dropped all stealth like.

Literally just received this book in the post, is it going to be updated then?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

by.a.teammate posted:

This is secondhand, from a podcaster who spoke to some Forgeworld leads at the last open day. As of September or so, a month or two before the release of Betrayal at Calth, it looked like the print run of red books would run out in early-to-mid next year. FW indicated that they wanted to do some cleanup before the next print run. FW was adamant that no rules would be changed, but they wanted to incorporate errata, correct typos, and POSSIBLY adjust point costs for some of the worst models (they know how bad Justaerin are).

My guess is that Betrayal at Calth has been significantly more effective as a 30k loss leader than they expected and that they've sold out of the red books several months early. Gun to my head, I'd guess that there would be a paperback or digital download stopgap, or even another full hardcover print run, before we see revised red books--there just hasn't been time for them to make the changes they were talking about. But I could be wrong.

I don't intend to sell my red books. I like them and if the rules themselves aren't changing, then I don't need to replace them, provided that I can get some sort of update PDF listing changes (which FW has been good about providing in the past, massive tardiness notwithstanding).

Germ
May 7, 2013

by.a.teammate posted:

Mine are on my way to me now, so I'm in the same boat. Here's hoping it is as Sulecrist said and just an errata/edit.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

I do hope FW gives dreadnoughts more attacks (even though it'd be an actual rules change). But since Leviathan only has three base in its experimental rules, that seems unlikely.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Germ posted:

Mine are on my way to me now, so I'm in the same boat. Here's hoping it is as Sulecrist said and just an errata/edit.

I've heard from sources other than Sulecrist that the update is basically just and editing pass with some points rebalancing. I'm keeping my red books so I can go through them with a sharpie and make changes accordingly.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You guys are crazy. My Campaign Legion book sold less than a few hours after I put it up. For $65. I took pictures of my legion rules so there's no loss except calling out Panascope on his incessant cheating. I hope they run out of the other book so I can make double on it too.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 1, 2015

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

You guys are crazy. My Campaign Legion book sold less than a few hours after I put it up. For $70. I took pictures of my legion rules so there's no loss except calling out Panascope on his incessant cheating. I hope they run out of the other book so I can make double on it too.

Check your email :shobon:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Responded, sorry for the delay dude!

E: ...and I just sold Panascope's book for the same price. Sell sell sell

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 1, 2015

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties

BULBASAUR posted:

Responded, sorry for the delay dude!

E: ...and I just sold Panascope's book for the same price. Sell sell sell

Is this on eBay? I can't even see any for sale in the UK unless I'm not searching right, guess the price will just go up in December!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Centurion: artificer armour; power fist; Space Marine bike 105

5 Veteran Space Marines 75

1 Javelin Attack Speeder: mutli melta; hunter-killer missiles 95
1 Outrider Strike Force: melta bombs; Space Marine bikes (twin-linked plasma guns) 60
1 Outrider Strike Force: melta bombs 35

1 Heavy Strike Force: volkite culverins; Heavy Support Sergeant 40
3 Heavy Support Marines: volkite culverins 90

500 points

Strike Force list. I dont really have a way of handling AV14 stuff, so hopefully theres none of that.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

With 500 points what are you expecting to come across with AV 14?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I think mechanicum and auxilia have av 14 DTs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
At 500pts Mechanicum's gonna struggle to fit that in unless they take a cheap-rear end Magos and a ton of Thralls. In which case I doubt you'll have much trouble winning even with the AV14.