Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

Everdraed posted:

I think I said this back when you guys launched the kickstarter (and you haughtily, disdainfully turned me down if I remember correctly), but I'd still be up for making something weird for you dudes if you'd want it.

Especially if there's like four more years of dev to expect, that'd give me plenty of time to make something a little silly.
doing undertale and then trying to do barkley 2 huh
getting your fingers in two hot alt indie game pies
except one is heartwarming while the other is made of 'stank'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
I still believe in the b-ball dream, even if others would cast it down like so much garbage. If it ends up a b-ball nightmare... I don't want to think it was due to my inaction or unwillingness to help.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I stand by demand to include VR functionality so when when you boot up the game with an HMD you're placed in a VR playroom that's a lovely truck stop restroom and you have to stick your head into the toilet to see the game screen.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I like joking about how the game is never coming out but I assume it'll come out eventually (2017?) and I'd rather it take forever and be good than come out now and be bad because I already paid for it and if it sucks it'll just sit in my Steam library

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't believe i will ever play this game

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQyxUxI2wh8

18:30 if the time stamp doesn't work.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Aight ill try to stream barkley work more often.
Its just been really boring stuff lately, stuff so mindless I really want to distract myself with videos while I work. Cant stream while watching vids!!

Its mostly a looping playlist of nerds playing and talking through Heretic or Hexen. That's my jam. I do my best work with 1994-1996 Raven Software lets plays.

Right now I'm looking for videos of nerds playing through very obscure dungeon crawlers, especially those eye of the beholder types with a first person view and tiled movement. Obnoxious voice-overs are a plus. Anyone's got tips??
Every time I look for dungeon crawlers all I find is a tidal wave of people playing Stone Soup. Stone Soup is great, but I know that one already, and it doesn't have the most inspiring art.

Anyway, I'll probably be finishing up some enemies soon. That aught to be more interesting than shifting sprites around for hours, I'll be sure to link here when I start.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
While not technically an old first person dungeon crawler, Legend of Grimrock owes pretty much everything about itself to those games. I can highly recommend Iron Chitlin's LP of it.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Its just been really boring stuff lately, stuff so mindless I really want to distract myself with videos while I work. Cant stream while watching vids!!

Its mostly a looping playlist of nerds playing and talking through Heretic or Hexen. That's my jam. I do my best work with 1994-1996 Raven Software lets plays.

Right now I'm looking for videos of nerds playing through very obscure dungeon crawlers, especially those eye of the beholder types with a first person view and tiled movement. Obnoxious voice-overs are a plus. Anyone's got tips??
Every time I look for dungeon crawlers all I find is a tidal wave of people playing Stone Soup. Stone Soup is great, but I know that one already, and it doesn't have the most inspiring art.

Anyway, I'll probably be finishing up some enemies soon. That aught to be more interesting than shifting sprites around for hours, I'll be sure to link here when I start.

You are a good lad who means well.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

just respond to every negative ninny with my photoshop

Sir_Phobos
May 24, 2011

Don't you wanna see it?

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Arcana for the SNES was my favorite dungeon crawler back in the day. This LP seems like it might fit your needs.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Butt Ox posted:

While not technically an old first person dungeon crawler, Legend of Grimrock owes pretty much everything about itself to those games. I can highly recommend Iron Chitlin's LP of it.

This is too good a game and too sensible and LP to satisfy Frankie's sick fetish.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Albion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdrSweF30c

It has 2D isometric gameplay maps alternated with Wolf3D style first-person dungeons and combat.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

David Spackage's LP of Stonekeep has pretty much everything you ask for:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmx3QdwtLxu0E8pPqUT6Jzja12IZweYeI

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm not sure about the engine anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-DQcI7byY

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i don't believe i will ever play this game

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Have there been any toxxes over this game? If the game does come out I'd like to see a mod step in and thread-challenge the naysayers, but Abe demodded himself and I don't know if any mods are rascally enough.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Give me mod powers and I will ban myself for all the embarrassing posts I've made acting like I'm part of the team just because I happen to be friends with one of the artists.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

BiggerJ posted:

Have there been any toxxes over this game?

All that I know of is the toxx race between this game and my game where certain supporters of this game will be banned if mine comes out first.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
shenmue 3 is real and so is this other good game

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

BiggerJ posted:

Have there been any toxxes over this game? If the game does come out I'd like to see a mod step in and thread-challenge the naysayers, but Abe demodded himself and I don't know if any mods are rascally enough.

If this game comes out before December 31st, 2017, i'll get a cyberdwarf tattoo. :toxx:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

when did the toxx clause change from "if this thread gets X replies i'll do Y", to "i've said a thing on the internet"?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I'd say when it was discovered to be a boring and easily gameable challenge.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I just remembered that I kickstarted Barkley 2 and I was wondering if there were any updates outside the occasional backer emails and the trailer? I absolutely adored Barkley 1 but I'm feeling a little antsy after reading the Star Citizen thread.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I believe in Barkley 2. Nothing can shake my faith.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

AlmightyPants posted:

I just remembered that I kickstarted Barkley 2 and I was wondering if there were any updates outside the occasional backer emails and the trailer? I absolutely adored Barkley 1 but I'm feeling a little antsy after reading the Star Citizen thread.
they've committed to a release by 2023

I contacted cboyardee with my Lens and he said they're working very hard on the game's.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Nessus posted:

I contacted cboyardee with my Lens and he said they're working very hard on the game's.

I'm ok with this.

Is there a recommended pillow for use with my Cyberdwarf pillowcase? It is easily the weirdest loving thing I own and worth the cost.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm ok with this.

Is there a recommended pillow for use with my Cyberdwarf pillowcase? It is easily the weirdest loving thing I own and worth the cost.

It's actually part of set.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It's actually part of set.

Thanks internet, now I can have new nightmares!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
My cyberdwarf body pillow needs replacing. It got all crusty and has this nasty stank. I have no idea how. Please advise.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Good morning, starved fandoms! Just calling to let you know that I've decided to start a little b2 dev blog!

http://bballbisse.tumblr.com/

I'm going to be posting some of our daily going-ons, toils and troubles, fruits of labour, and just cool b:suaj:g related things in general. I'll be posting very small tidbits at a time (since that seems to be what works best for me personally), so think of this as your keyhole through which you can gaze to occasionally be granted insight into the amazing world of future space ziggurat b-ball steampunk 16-bit adventure.

So yeah if you're interested in B2 updates, follow this blog!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Nessus posted:

All responses from ToG are actually fully automated.

Genetic Toaster posted:

If this game comes out before December 31st, 2017, i'll get a cyberdwarf tattoo. :toxx:

Heh, better clear out all those tramp stamps to make room for cdwarfs perfectly round head then.

EDIT:

Bisse posted:

garbage

Wow, take a look at this corporate shill.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 30, 2015

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Bisse posted:

Good morning, starved fandoms! Just calling to let you know that I've decided to start a little b2 dev blog!

I'm going to be posting some of our daily going-ons, toils and troubles, fruits of labour, and just cool b:suaj:g related things in general. I'll be posting very small tidbits at a time (since that seems to be what works best for me personally), so think of this as your keyhole through which you can gaze to occasionally be granted insight into the amazing world of future space ziggurat b-ball steampunk 16-bit adventure.

:gizz:

Gortarius posted:

Heh, better clear out all those tramp stamps to make room for cdwarfs perfectly round head then.

EDIT:

:smugwizard::gizz::q:

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Bisse posted:

good new and cool

Gortarius posted:

EDIT:

bad old and boring

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

How long until the Gnarles Barkley spinoff
Would that make us craaazyyyyy

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

when did the toxx clause change from "if this thread gets X replies i'll do Y", to "i've said a thing on the internet"?
I've always known it as "If X happens, I'll Y" being bannable if you didn't follow through on Y.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Bisse posted:

:captainpop:

Wow! Do you guys even sleep? Seriously you work so loving hard on this game, stop burning yourselves out man. Relax, you got 8 years left.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

starting a devblog 2 years after the release date is the most barkley thing iv ever seen

sick fanart tho

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

holy mother of clispaeth I just started linking this blog today and it got like 100 followers/shares/poo poo in less than 12 hours, the activity graph is like a hockey stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

i am but a mere code monkey i know nothing about tumblers and socials and fanbases and poo poo please send hepl