Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Hmmm why would rich people want even more ways to avoid paying money? As we all know they have always been fine with relying on just one, right?

Also OMG our yooge debt!!!!
http://nyt.fi/a1448765260994?ref=hs-art-luetuimmat-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Can we just kill the rich already

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
imho we should force yearly acid trips for everyone. Would probably fix a lot of problems.

That or eugenics, but I'd say that the former is a safer option.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

What do the tax agency and the police know about tax evasion and money laundering anyway?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

Hmmm why would rich people want even more ways to avoid paying money? As we all know they have always been fine with relying on just one, right?

Also OMG our yooge debt!!!!
http://nyt.fi/a1448765260994?ref=hs-art-luetuimmat-1

tällaiset vertailut valtioiden välillä on vähän hassuja

suomessa eläkerahastot lasketaan valtion omistamiksi ja sen takia valtio näyttä rikkaalta

monissa muissa maissa eläkerahastot taas lasketaan yksittäisten ihmisten omistamiksi ja sen takia keskivertosuomalaisen varallisuus on tilastoissa samaa luokkaa puolalaisten ja eteläamerikkalaisten kanssa

pravda ja sen viikkoliitteet eivät nekään ole mitään puolueettomia lähteitä

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 30, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

tällaiset vertailut valtioiden välillä on vähän hassuja

suomessa eläkerahastot lasketaan valtion omistamiksi ja sen takia valtio näyttä rikkaalta

monissa muissa maissa eläkerahastot taas lasketaan yksittäisten ihmisten omistamiksi ja sen takia keskivertosuomalaisen varallisuus on tilastoissa samaa luokkaa puolalaisten ja eteläamerikkalaisten kanssa

pravda ja sen viikkoliitteet eivät nekään ole mitään puolueettomia lähteitä

Less biased than Hesari, anyway.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
sipilä taas ajan tasalla suomen lainsäädännöstä: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1448772470798.html

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Like I posted earlier though, that's only actual turvapaikka, and Sipilä just didn't pay attention to his terminology or (more likely) doesn't understand the difference.

It's probably being highlighted by Migri because they want to extend it to cover that too. Also making Sipilä look like a clown is always a good time.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Sain luvun omasta päästäni. Se on hyvä luku. kiitos

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Jaahas, pitäskö sitä ruveta poliitikoks ku ei tarvi mitään osata, voi vaan jauhaa paskaa ja rahaa tulee.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Gortarius posted:

Jaahas, pitäskö sitä ruveta poliitikoks ku ei tarvi mitään osata, voi vaan jauhaa paskaa ja rahaa tulee.

kaikki paikat sillä alalla on jo täynnä

mene vaikka konsultiksi, siellä palkkakin on parempi

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Kusti polkee taas (sun muijaas). gently caress, do I have to send X-mas cards now? :sassargh:

also which ones of you did this?
http://yle.fi/uutiset/naamareihin_sonnustautuneet_opiskelijat_hairitsivat_valtiovarainministeri_stubbin_luentoa_tampereella/8491882

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gortarius posted:

A bit hard to answer without some additional info, so:
1) "Kenenkäs poikia sitä ollaan?"
2) What school did you go to (if you don't think this matters in Finland then :lol: at you, because it just means you went to the wrong school)?
3) How much money do you have?
4) Are you a pretty young thing?
5) (If you're looking at Greens or Leftists) Do you have an annoying speech impediment/ugly hair cut/stupid tattoo/strong convictions about something really stupid that basically makes you a laughing stock, but is also utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things? Do you mistakenly believe nuclear power is bad for the environment?
6) (If you're not looking at Greens or Leftists) Do you hate The Negro Ukko (meaning anyone who isn't at least as white as you)?
7) (If you're looking at Pirates) Are you kawaii uguu, do you at least vape?
8) (If you're looking at Persus) What convictions do you have? I mean criminal convictions. If you're looking at Kepu, I already know.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 30, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Kusti polkee taas (sun muijaas). gently caress, do I have to send X-mas cards now? :sassargh:

also which ones of you did this?
http://yle.fi/uutiset/naamareihin_sonnustautuneet_opiskelijat_hairitsivat_valtiovarainministeri_stubbin_luentoa_tampereella/8491882

Some aide burt into the hall during a phonetics lecture, announcing that "the minister of education will be arriving in fifteen minutes so could you shitlords wrap things up and scram lol" and the professor threw them out because "the minister's name isn't on the lecture hall reservation and you're disturbing my work". Why is a publicly-funded institute of higher education allowing a political lecture on its premises anyway?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Someone tried to murder Stubb! With a glass of Coke.

Jyppe
Jun 13, 2007
For the Fireman!

Jerry Cotton posted:

2) What school did you go to (if you don't think this matters in Finland then :lol: at you, because it just means you went to the wrong school)?
5) (If you're looking at Greens or Leftists) Do you have an annoying speech impediment/ugly hair cut/stupid tattoo/strong convictions about something really stupid that basically makes you a laughing stock, but is also utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things? Do you mistakenly believe nuclear power is bad for the environment?
6) (If you're not looking at Greens or Leftists) Do you hate The Negro Ukko (meaning anyone who isn't at least as white as you)?
8) (If you're looking at Persus) What convictions do you have? I mean criminal convictions. If you're looking at Kepu, I already know.

uhh Jerry.. This is not the hook up thread.

Well except for ligur and that one guy kirjaimellisesti planning dates together

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
jaa, kyllä muistaakseni joku pariskunta kirjoitti jo goonitreffeistään edellisessä langassa

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Apparently we are now part of a "coalition of the willing" together with 6 other EU countries. The point being that this coalition will take quota of 400 000? refugees per year from Turkey while also bribing them.

Ligur must be rolling in his iron maiden.

Justufinhaamu
Nov 12, 2008

kikkelivelho posted:

Apparently we are now part of a "coalition of the willing" together with 6 other EU countries. The point being that this coalition will take quota of 400 000? refugees per year from Turkey while also bribing them.

Link? Also another asylum seeker was arrested for rape today. Oh boy, talk about shooting your own foot.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

the professor threw them out because "the minister's name isn't on the lecture hall reservation and you're disturbing my work"

i want to believe

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Justufinhaamu posted:

Link? Also another asylum seeker was arrested for rape today. Oh boy, talk about shooting your own foot.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/29/germanys-plan-to-strike-eu-wide-refugee-sharing-deal-stalls

The article doesn't mention it but apparently the 7 countries that participated in the meeting were Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, Sweden, Finland and Greece

Basically Merkel is unsatisfied with the behavior of the Slavs and is moving ahead with her own plan.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Top entertainment! Junes vs. Jutta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPoKFb_cPAg

e: now with cops removing Junes

ee: Junes has left the building

Hob_Gadling fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 30, 2015

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

If we'd had reasonable quotas instead of this 500 a year nonsense and a population-based sharing system we could've taken people - and the most vulnerable people too, we'd actually have some over control who - at a steady pace instead of a sudden influx, but obviously that was never going to happen because "if we take 3000 a year now willingly we won't maybe get 30 000 out of the blue next year" is not going to fly with the electorate. Cutting aid to UNHCR so that the refugee camps were too lovely to stay in was also a contributing factor.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Jerry Cotton posted:

Some aide burt into the hall during a phonetics lecture, announcing that "the minister of education will be arriving in fifteen minutes so could you shitlords wrap things up and scram lol" and the professor threw them out because "the minister's name isn't on the lecture hall reservation and you're disturbing my work". Why is a publicly-funded institute of higher education allowing a political lecture on its premises anyway?

...that professor was a marine named Albert Einstein.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jerry Cotton posted:

Have you ever tried putting a tooth into a glass of Coke? I hope Stubb's injuries are treatable :ohdear:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Jerry Cotton posted:

Jos ostan vasikannahkasaappaat, pääsenkö eduskuntaan?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jerry Cotton posted:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Justufinhaamu posted:

Also another asylum seeker was arrested for rape today. Oh boy, talk about shooting your own foot.

Umm, how do you know? The news aren't saying anything about the rapist. And apparently it happened back in Friday.

And breaking news, three people are shot at Myyrmäki railway station.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

NO HONEST MAN NEEDS MORE THAN 10 CENTILITRES IN THEIR CUP

BAN ASSAULT CUPS NOW

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.

Rexroom posted:

Umm, how do you know? The news aren't saying anything about the rapist. And apparently it happened back in Friday.

And breaking news, three people are shot at Myyrmäki railway station.

All the news outlets say a man arrested near the scene and still being held does not have a SOTU and came to Finland as a refugee in September.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Bensa posted:

All the news outlets say a man arrested near the scene and still being held does not have a SOTU and came to Finland as a refugee in September.

Well, the first part is true, but I'm not seeing the rest, although I've only read MTV's news report.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This is literally the only non-bad thing you've ever posted. Congratitutions!

Bensa
Aug 21, 2007

Loyal 'til the end.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

As far as I'm aware, this is not true. You wouldn't need probable cause any more than now. The current system is also run by a private company (Euroclear) and as far as I know, no probable cause is required to request data. With hallintarekisteri I don't see why it would be different - other than you get data with a one quarter lag (I don't know if the current APK data is real time for outsiders anyway, and the police need to access it on Euroclear computers to begin with). Some banks have even argued (http://www.hs.fi/talous/a1444273984333) that you could increase transparency this way. Not to mention this doesn't change how people avoid taxes or hide their holdings. When holdings are hidden, it's usually through some archaic corporate structure which was always possible without this anyway. Nothing (well, many things are, but nothing about this system compared to foreign systems with hallintarekisteri) is stopping a rich Finnish guy who wants to hide his holding in some company from establishing a company abroad and then using that company to buy the shares they want.

edit: I should say I mean hallintarekisteri as it's currently proposed in Finland, where the data would still be made public 4 times per year
There are really strict compliance standards for stock transfer agents/custodians/nominees everywhere around the world, often in conjunction with banks/brokers who use the same process for investors as normal banking clients. I don't see why it would be any different in Finland.

Opening up hallintarekisteri of Finnish clients to international competition means those clients can legally go abroad to financial institutions that are not required to comply with Finnish law enforcement requests. Did you somehow miss this part, its one of the main points being made public?

quote:

Valtiovarainministeriö myöntää, että tulevaisuudessa viranomaiset saavat ulkomaisesta hallintarekisteristä vain säilyttäjäpankin nimen.

"Ulkomailla toimivilta säilyttäjiltä ei välttämättä saada omistustietoja siinä laajuudessa kuin kotimaisilta toimijoilta. Syynä tähän on EU-säännösten puuttuminen", ministeriö selventää asiaa perjantaina tiedotteessaan.

Tämä johtaa myös siihen, että yleisöjulkista on tulevaisuudessa vain säilyttäjäpankin nimi, mikäli suomalainen on valinnut ulkomaisen hallintarekisterin pitäjän. Näin esimerkiksi media ei voi varmistua siitä, että vallankäyttäjät kertovat kaikki omistuksensa julkisessa suomalaisessa rekisterissä.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

If the level of misinformation concerning that cutback is anything close to the level of misinformation flying around about hallintarekisteri, I'd take it with a grain of salt. The Finnish media seems to be very bad at understanding economic concepts.

The cutbacks in the department overseeing tax evasion and the grey market can not be justified in any logical way, every single worker there was "profitable". The cuts targeted the investigators, not some random office workers. The lunacy of having to have cuts in every single place could justify it, but so many departments went without cuts anyway so its looking quite clear that those specific cuts where motivated by something else. Who really knows which parliamentary assistant or bureaucrat originally had the idea, or if they took it marching orders from lobbyists.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

People think it's some sort of archaic system that blurs visibility of holdings and so on (yet for some reason it's being pushed by financial regulators around Europe) that's unique to Finland when our system is the unique one. I've yet to read a single newspaper article actually explaining what the proposed system does, and that's probably because journalists are incapable of writing one. Yet everyone has an opinion on how terrible it is and how easy tax evasion and Financial crime will become.

Financial regulators are also the ones who reversed Glass-Steagall, and its like in Europe, so clearly they have the best interest of the electorate at heart, rather than those of the vast financial institutions they used to work for, all their friends work for, and where they will go after their stint in the public sector.

Bensa fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 30, 2015

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
http://yle.fi/uutiset/alexander_stubb_arvioi_hallitus_onnistui_90-prosenttisesti/7865950

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l28AReZMtZ4

Maximum hate watching

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How is Stubb such a bad liar? Usually party leaders are much better at not getting caught like that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Andrast posted:

How is Stubb such a bad liar? Usually party leaders are much better at not getting caught like that.

Rightism is literally brain wrongness.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

kikkelivelho posted:

I admit unto thee: I burst lauhing upon reading this.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Andrast posted:

He is a true believer in the garbage he spews, so what if it has nothing to do with reality, he lives in his own version where ideology triumphs everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aahahaha I'm in the toilet right now because my size means no-one dare think differently from me at Hummpub. Red is the color of humanity you cock fucks.