Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i run from the cathedral ward lamp to the vicar boss fight and feel guilty for running past the church guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like their little point they do when you aggro them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I cleared amygdala on my latest char. Still doing all original stuff, kinda playing it safe with levels on str and arc until I get DLC weapons. Still using a saw spear +6.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
get the god drat whirligig and be a man. its the best

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

also you can basically rush to it. you have to fight maybe 6 guys and 2 dogs

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

a Loving Dog posted:

i found those guys easier to parry minus their dive move which is STUPID and I HATE IT

You're a better man than me. I died to the pair in the bottom of the well more times than I care to admit.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the dlc is so much fun and the weapons are insanely awesome. the boss fights have been some of the hardest in a souls game yet. I don't have a strength character right now but I'm gonna make one to use the beast cutter, the moveset feels awesome to use

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Ice Fist posted:

You're a better man than me. I died to the pair in the bottom of the well more times than I care to admit.

i separated them by running to the right side (opposite the anchor one) immediately when falling down and then not letting him aggro the other one by getting between them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm really excited to try a skill char after doing strength for 2 runs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

also you can basically rush to it. you have to fight maybe 6 guys and 2 dogs

I ran through the first area and picked up some of their armor but didn't find any weapons. I got as far as the guy in a minigun turret

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

I ran through the first area and picked up some of their armor but didn't find any weapons. I got as far as the guy in a minigun turret

the saw is opposite him. its past the second lantern

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i wish byrgenwerth was bigger

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

the saw is opposite him. its past the second lantern

Cool I'll try again

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

thats what im doing now. strength chars are FTL

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywzUSTwSkaA

lmao of course some crazy rear end in a top hat beat it on NG+7 without taking a hit e: in under a minute ee: actually this is lame he just like megaboosted his visc. attack and killed him with like 4 hits

There's one where he three hits Moon Presence

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

tumor looking batty posted:

theyre actually the best in bb. imo. this is coming from a dark souls dexfag

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

Strength gets the best weapon in the game .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Logarius' Wheel ftw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh yeah I need to actually finish cainhurst so I can try that.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i hit you 30 times wit my cane while you fat roll with your big wheel:gary:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no roll speeds in bloodborne ...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm always a fan weapons that can kill you just by you equipping it

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i love the unseen village because after a bunch of hosed up stuff its cool to go back to a place that has same aesthetic as the starting area. still wish byrgenwerth was bigger though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
in a way, it is

Dec 26, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

theyre actually the best in bb. imo. this is coming from a dark souls dexfag

they definitely are

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
pretty much every weapon, except for the rifle spear, is great and worth doing a build around

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

a Loving Dog posted:

i love the unseen village because after a bunch of hosed up stuff its cool to go back to a place that has same aesthetic as the starting area. still wish byrgenwerth was bigger though

the research lab in the dlc is kinda what I think byrgenwerth shoulda been. big, lots of paths and secrets, hosed up enemies, scary things, etc.

Dec 26, 2012

rifle spear is good. the ai can't deal with the 2h charge attack

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

What is the point of the fist of gratia? I guess it'd be cool to pair with the stake driver.

Dec 26, 2012

i think it just has heavy poise-breaking or whatever the bloodborne equivalent is so it's good at knocking things into stagger. it seems not that good but i barely messed with it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I want to see how fast I can blow through the game using my trusty saw cleaver. and also a million other runs. this loving game...

my current plan is to beat it with strength/arcane and skill/bloodtinge characters and grab all the good weapons, then take both characters into ng+ which I've honestly never done in souls because I usually just like making a new character. I think it'll work out in Bloodborne though.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Evil Eagle posted:

Skill is great. Really nice variety of weapons to choose from.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i cant beat vicar with my +4 cane :negative:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im not even getting it down 25%

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
put some fire paper on it and whip her in the face

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stay super close, use fire paper, and I think it's easier if you don't lock on.

Whip form might be better than cane form even close up, because it's serrated and Amelia has crazy defense against the blunt attacks the cane form does.

Amelia is still one of the harder bosses for me and gave me no end of trouble on my first playthrough (in which I used the cane).

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Tips for Amelia :
1. Bring numbing mist. If you explored the area before fighting her you should find a bunch of it so you don't need to buy it. Throw it at her when she drops back to heal. It will prevent her from healing. She may *not* heal. Although the only time I saw that happen I was helping a buddy co-op and we were relentlessly pursuing her. Otherwise she will almost always try to create some space and heal.
2. She's very weak to fire. Use Oil + Molotovs and Fire Paper.
3. Doing enough damage to her can cause her to enter a vulnerable state where she can be visceraled. Don't miss those opportunities.

Outside of that you just gotta get her patterns down. She really only has one phase and outside of healing doesn't really get any new moves as the fight progresses.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've yet to die to Vicar Amelia in 2 runs. Hope she gives me some trouble on my skill run.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

vicar is probably easier than that first big thing you fight on the bridge. she has huge wind-ups, dodge at the last moment and whack away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

thanks all. i didnt know the whip works well on beasts. got her below 50%, just a matter of time now.....