Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

How much of this GOP base is literally on board with literal fascism advertised as such?

When it's referred to as American patriotism instead? Pretty much all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Epic High Five posted:

Ignoring that of course there is zero precedent for UAF = anti fascist, don't they see an issue with outright stating that a vote against fascism is a vote against us?

How much of this GOP base is literally on board with literal fascism advertised as such?

I'm guessing nearly all of them, as long as the fascism is directed towards cucked SJWs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I guess joke's on them if they get their way then, because this wouldn't be a takeover where the ruling class changes

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
This baby parts selling talking point is such bullshit. It costs me $50+ dollars to shop a snake cross country and none of the packaging needs to be medically sterile or as carefully temperature controlled.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Ignoring that of course there is zero precedent for UAF = anti fascist, don't they see an issue with outright stating that a vote against fascism is a vote against us?

Is it just me, or is there an Eco in here?

quote:

During World War II, the Americans who took part in the Spanish war were called "premature anti-fascists" – meaning that fighting against Hitler in the Forties was a moral duty for every good American, but fighting against Franco too early, in the Thirties, smelled sour because it was mainly done by Communists and other leftists. . . .

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

All this talk of fascism is reminding me of this interesting article about how various leftist groups failed to stop Hitler in Germany, which had one of the most powerful labor movements in the world at the time. It also talks about how Hitler's rise was not "inevitable", but came about through a variety of factors.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2015/11/nuremberg-trials-hitler-goebbels-himmler-german-communist-social-democrats/

quote:

The Central Committee overused the phrase “fascism” to the point of meaninglessness. As far as they were concerned, the German state had become fascist in 1930 when Hindenburg’s presidential cabinet took over. Indeed, the KPD leadership considered all other parliamentary parties to be variants of fascism, telling its members that “fighting fascism means fighting the SPD just as much as it means fighting Hitler and the parties of Brüning.”

The KPD took its position from Moscow, basing itself on the theory of “social fascism” that fascism and Social Democracy were not opposed but in fact functioned like “twin brothers,” as Stalin had once argued. In the context of deep capitalist crisis, it was Social Democracy — holding back the workers from fighting capitalism — that constituted the “main enemy.”

EDIT: removed incorrect information. Thanks to evilweasel down below. Read it last night and should have re-read.

quote:

...Chancellor von Papen dissolved the SPD-led government in Prussia, the largest state in the republic. The SPD had already organized workers’ militias for precisely such a situation, the so-called Iron Front, a year earlier. But when faced with an actual confrontation the party leadership abandoned armed resistance, instead urging calm and restraint.

The German trade union confederation (ADGB) followed a similar path. Many trade unionists were also SPD members and supported the lesser evil strategy, tolerating Hindenburg’s government in hopes of stopping the Nazis through constitutional means. Consequentially, they also refrained from calling for a general strike in Prussia in 1932.

Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels, however, was very much aware of the implications of July 20. As he recorded in his diary a few days later: “The reds have been defeated. Their organizations did not put up any resistance. The reds have missed their moment of truth. There will not be another.”

quote:

After January it was too late, Hitler and the Nazis had already defeated the strongest labor movement in the world. The KPD, the SPD and the trade unions were summarily outlawed and decimated. Their members met again, often for the last time, side by side in the first concentration camps erected by the new regime.
:smith:

Bullfrog fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 30, 2015

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
What's a Monday without those wacky college hijinks:

quote:

This is my only warning. At 10AM Monday morning, I’m going to the campus quad of the University of Chicago. I will be armed with an M-4 carbine and two desert eagles, all fully loaded. I will execute approximately 16 white male students and or staff, which is the same number of time McDonald was killed,” wrote the commenter, who posted with the initials “JRD” and a Chicago Bulls logo, according to the police report. “I will then die killing any number of white policeman in the process. This is not a joke. I am to do my part and rid the world of white devils. I expect you do the same.

Can deagles even be dual-wielded? I'd imagined the kick (especially the off-hand) would gently caress up those assassin skills.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Silver Nitrate posted:

This baby parts selling talking point is such bullshit. It costs me $50+ dollars to shop a snake cross country and none of the packaging needs to be medically sterile or as carefully temperature controlled.

We're talking about human babies.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bullfrog posted:

...and the moderate Social Democrats didn't fight against the dismantling of their labor rights.

That's not at all what that quote says. That quote says that, effectively, the labor organizations did not launch a revolt or a general strike against the dismantling the state government for one of the german 'states' (think the Federal government dismantling New York's state government). That government was controlled by the Social Democrats and revolting would probably have been the better move in hindsight, but it's not correct that what was going on was the dismantling of labor rights. What was going on was the dismantling of a part of the government that the Nazis did not control as part of their efforts to smash each base of political power not under their control.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Can deagles even be dual-wielded? I'd imagined the kick (especially the off-hand) would gently caress up those assassin skills.

not with out breaking your wrists.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It wouldn't have made any difference if the radicals had worked with the SPD. The conservative parties were the kingmakers and they chose the NSDAP over the SPD.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Smells like a false flag to me

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

:rolleyes: everyone knows you can only dual wield the Berettas

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Hennepin County PD announced that the four white supremacists who shot into the crowd are each being charged with "rioting with a deadly weapon" while the triggerman netted an additional three counts of felony assault with bodily harm.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
You know they make Desert Eagles in calibers other than .50AE right?

You ain't hitting poo poo, but .357 magnums aren't going to break your wrist (unless you have really weak wrists).

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

zoux posted:

We're talking about human babies.

No we aren't.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

They're truly enormous pistols, which absorbs a lot of the recoil impulse.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Luigi Thirty posted:

The Hennepin County PD announced that the four white supremacists who shot into the crowd are each being charged with "rioting with a deadly weapon" while the triggerman netted an additional three counts of felony assault with bodily harm.

Five counts of assault. Everything is second degree too.

Federal hate crime charges could be coming still but I'm not holding my breath.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/11/30/charges-possible-against-4-men-in-4th-precinct-protest-shooting/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Crain posted:

You ain't hitting poo poo, but .357 magnums aren't going to break your wrist (unless you have really weak wrists).

Don't feed the gunchat. It'll all end in tears

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i'm reading the fouad ajami response to huntington and god drat it's depressing to look at this 25 years later knowing that huntington and his fascist buddies won. every single country/example he cites in 1993 has been a colossal failure, thanks to the neocons

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 30, 2015

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Crain posted:

You honestly think that the person who made the original claim/post knows this? What are the odds that someone supposedly bringing 2 Desert Eagles is thinking anything else other than "herp derp big gunz" ?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CNN would like to inform you that Freddie Gray is the son of an illiterate heroin addict.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

CNN would like to inform you that Freddie Gray is the son of an illiterate heroin addict.

Ann O'Neill, repeat winner of the National Headliner Award for writing, is into quirky characters doing crazy things in colorful places. She loves a good trial.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

He was no Gentle Loner.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Aerox posted:

He was no Gentle Loner.

Gentle loner who violently assaulted women, c'mon, get it straight.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
SOMETIMES, you guys. He SOMETIMES assaulted women, God!

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Smells like a false flag to me

Well they arrested a guy for it so it can't be that false. Here's a non paywalled article:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-university-of-chicago-gun-threat-met-20151130-story.html

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/30/opini...linkId=19171737

basically, the kid and a bunch of others are suing obama and the administration for not doing enough to get off oil/natrual gas/etc and helping climate change.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 30, 2015

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

sweet jesus what is this

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dr. Tough posted:

Well they arrested a guy for it so it can't be that false. Here's a non paywalled article:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-university-of-chicago-gun-threat-met-20151130-story.html
A crisis actor, clearly

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CortezFantastic posted:

sweet jesus what is this

Minstrelsy.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Trump: Black pastors secretly want to endorse me, but those dastardly BLM protestors scared them away from it.

Ohio plans to not only defund Planned Parenthood, but any group who affiliates with anyone who even suggests that abortion is an option, which, read broadly, would include rape crisis centers, hospitals that provide abortions to save the life of the mother, and even insurance agencies that have plans that cover abortion.

The New Yorker's Ken Auletta says what we already know

All that hubbub for nothing. But let's stoke fear anyway!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Every day my political platform of "let's release the virus from twelve monkeys" is looking better and better

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Christ, that's gonna be one expensive shooting. Desert Eagles go for like 1500 a pop, don't they?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He never released the name of the pastors, does he believe that there's some kind of Negro Hive mind they tapped into to get the warning out to every single pastor in America or something?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Epic High Five posted:

He never released the name of the pastors, does he believe that there's some kind of Negro Hive mind they tapped into to get the warning out to every single pastor in America or something?

Unlike Carson, Donald Trump is smart enough to know that a good writer shouldn't ever show the monster. Nothing he can say in a stump speech is as racist as what his supporters can conjure from their own imaginations.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Silver Nitrate posted:

Five counts of assault. Everything is second degree too.

Federal hate crime charges could be coming still but I'm not holding my breath.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/11/30/charges-possible-against-4-men-in-4th-precinct-protest-shooting/

I haven't followed this story too closely, but how the hell is firing into a crowd not considered attempted murder?

Am I missing something here?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

It's fine as long as you unlock the dual-wield perk, just gotta level up some.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

richardfun posted:

I haven't followed this story too closely, but how the hell is firing into a crowd not considered attempted murder?

Am I missing something here?

Need to show that they were the ones who fired during that confrontation in order to charge them with attempted murder. I'm sure they're doing that now, but they can make the charges that have been filed stick and keep them in jail based on those charges during the attempted murder investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Thump! posted:

Christ, that's gonna be one expensive shooting. Desert Eagles go for like 1500 a pop, don't they?

I'd be surprised if the person who wrote that even owned a gun.

• Locked thread