Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I wouldn't be surprised if they bring up this prophecy again at some point. I always thought it was silly that Boros would show up so quickly after the prophecy was announced (even they mention that they didn't expect it to be so soon). I don't mind if they don't touch back on this and keep going with the narrative that Boros was this amazingly destructive being that got two-punched by Saitama, but if ONE kept this in their back pocket it can be an interesting callback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That's what makes it hilarious about the prophecy. Yeah if you think about it Boros send his goons and the heroes did have a bit of trouble with them.(til Metal Bat found the weakness) I mean it was a big rear end ship that was going to level the city to nothing. Plus didn't Boros get a prophecy himself that he would find someone really strong to fight?

Boros was definitely a huge threat. I mean don't you guys recall that Boros took more than one punch to be beaten? :v: Hell I think even Saitama was surprised Boros shook off that punch like it was nothing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Shindragon posted:

That's what makes it hilarious about the prophecy. Yeah if you think about it Boros send his goons and the heroes did have a bit of trouble with them.(til Metal Bat found the weakness) I mean it was a big rear end ship that was going to level the city to nothing. Plus didn't Boros get a prophecy himself that he would find someone really strong to fight?

Boros was definitely a huge threat. I mean don't you guys recall that Boros took more than one punch to be beaten? :v: Hell I think even Saitama was surprised Boros shook off that punch like it was nothing.

First punch hit his armor, his armor was destroyed. He died in one punch after.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Didn't the prophecy just get mentioned a while ago? In the chapter the HA is giving Genos and Saitama their hero names the prophecy department guy is upset they're wasting time on this instead of looking into the prophecy

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Saitama's not the One Punch Man because he finishes every fight in one punch, it's that he CAN do it. He threw several punches at Boros, but it wasn't until his final one that he put any amount of effort into it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Boros barely tanked a normal-series punch and died to a serious-series punch. The fact it took Saitama two punches shows that Boros was strong enough that even Saitama underestimated him initially.

e: ^^^I forgot about his consecutive punches

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I don't think Boros' prophecy ever came to pass either. He was told that there is a worthy opponent on Earth, but I don't that was meant to be Saitama, since he would never be able have an even fight against him. Perhaps he was meant to find someone close to his power, not that someone like that would be a big deal to Saitama.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's the punch that shattered the armor, a punch before launching his combo, his combo, and then a "serious" punch.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Don't forget though, even though Boros tanked one punch (thanks to his super armor), Saitama still wasn't impressed.

And even more than that, Saitama was more annoyed than anything with Boros after he let him play around a bit.

Saitama was nice about letting Boros go all out, but it's not like Saitama was impressed about it. If anything it pissed him off because it showed that even someone who was this strong still couldn't give him any sort of challenge.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

El Burbo posted:

I don't think Boros' prophecy ever came to pass either. He was told that there is a worthy opponent on Earth, but I don't that was meant to be Saitama, since he would never be able have an even fight against him. Perhaps he was meant to find someone close to his power, not that someone like that would be a big deal to Saitama.

I figured it was a trap. Boros himself said his crew thought the alien was lying to get rid of them, he just didn't realize it was true in a permanent sense.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Things in opm seem to follow genre convention whenever saitama isn't around so probably not.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Saitama could've easily killed Boros in one punch, he just held back to let the guy have his fun before getting extinctified.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I always liked this shot, cause it looks like he's purposefully missing or just grazing boros. I'm not sure if that's the intended effect but it matches the rest of the tone of the fight to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think the prophecy still has yet to come into play if it ever does at this point. She said 'The Earth is in trouble!!!' not the city. So if it gets brought back up I'm expecting it to be something bigger than Boros. Maybe about three more arcs off if these scales from House of Evolution, Sea King, Boros, and Garou are to be believed.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The association absolutely still thinks the prophecy is still active. That's why they called that meeting of all the heroes and villains that also attracted Garo. I just re-read the Boros arc today too and the prophecy was stated to be sometime within the next six months.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Brainamp posted:

I always liked this shot, cause it looks like he's purposefully missing or just grazing boros. I'm not sure if that's the intended effect but it matches the rest of the tone of the fight to me.

I think it's partially that and also Saitama just having zero actual fighting training so he's kinda just flailing his arms around there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zerilan posted:

I think it's partially that and also Saitama just having zero actual fighting training so he's kinda just flailing his arms around there.

Flailing arms, you say????

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Brainamp posted:

He's just throwing normal punches. A punch you or I would throw, haha.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

ChaosArgate posted:

The association absolutely still thinks the prophecy is still active. That's why they called that meeting of all the heroes and villains that also attracted Garo. I just re-read the Boros arc today too and the prophecy was stated to be sometime within the next six months.

Oh drat, I totally missed that. Nevermind.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Matoi Ryuko posted:

He's just throwing normal punches. A punch you or I would throw, haha.

Yea I always figured his "normal punches" was the kind of punch that a layman would throw, without much proper form or technique involved, as opposed to his one "Serious punch" that would be more attune to what a boxer or some trained professional would throw.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Saitama's normal punches are sort of a child/totally untrained person's punch, but also I think of them as sort of an obligation punch. Like, "I guess I should punch this guy." The serious punch is "yeah, this guy actually needs a punch".

E: well, Boros got it because Saitama basically got where he was coming from and it was kind of a respect thing.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 1, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Normal punches are just casually thrown from his shoulder with no real regard for form, but with an actual intensity that is lacking in his regular punches. Serious punch he adopts basic form and utilizes more than simple shoulder and elbow movement.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

pixaal posted:

First punch hit his armor, his armor was destroyed. He died in one punch after.

No he took a ton of punchs but was just able to regenerate from them.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How much time has passed since the prophecy was first made?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
You won't see anything past a serious punch because Earth would be destroyed and everything will be over.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No problem, they just need to collect the dragonballs and wish it back

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Zzulu posted:

No problem, they just need to collect the dragonballs and wish it back

He could jump off the moon and make it to namek by the time he needed to take a breath.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He could jump off the moon and make it to namek by the time he needed to take a breath.

Does Saitama even need oxygen / air at this point? When he was punted to the moon by Boros, he didn't seem to be holding his breath or otherwise suffering for lack of air.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

JosephWongKS posted:

Does Saitama even need oxygen / air at this point? When he was punted to the moon by Boros, he didn't seem to be holding his breath or otherwise suffering for lack of air.

He's just so fast, he didn't even have time to need air.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

JosephWongKS posted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama's so strong, I bet he could even beat JOHN CENA!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Saitama's so strong, I bet he could even beat JOHN CENA!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

That video is great.

Kind would like to see Max do a video on Saitama, a la his superman videos.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Source??????

bondster
May 6, 2007

http://youtu.be/VYvMOf3hsGA

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Worth noting that it's not possible for a normal human to hold their breath in outer space, so Saitama's organs are super strong too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Danke, Sean.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

RatHat posted:

Worth noting that it's not possible for a normal human to hold their breath in outer space, so Saitama's organs are super strong too.

And how can a human being be strong enough to punch a hole in a mountain??? That's impossible!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Anime confirmed for Mob Psycho 100 :toot: