Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

What about the oil cooler?

Track pack has that. Tech pack doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Top Hats Monthly posted:

but it's duh cah of the yeah

You're thinking of the 6th gen Camaro

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Mange Mite posted:

You're thinking of the 6th gen Camaro

...whoops. I've still heard a lot of negatives about it and it kinda surprised me to be car of the year, especially with the vision issues

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

fknlo posted:

Track pack has that. Tech pack doesn't.

So you can get it without the R? Are the track pack and tech pack mutually exclusive?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Top Hats Monthly posted:

...whoops. I've still heard a lot of negatives about it and it kinda surprised me to be car of the year, especially with the vision issues

That's literally the only gripe I've heard about it. Every review so far has raved about the car, and then added "shame about the FoV, though" at the end.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

KillHour posted:

So you can get it without the R? Are the track pack and tech pack mutually exclusive?

Yes they are. Stupid Ford 'packages'.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

Yup! I think my biggest gripe with the GT350 is that you can't even get the premium radio setup with the track pack. Such a minor gripe, but the stock radio setup is ugly as poo poo.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Top Hats Monthly posted:

a dump truck of money gets you anything to be car of the year

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

fknlo posted:

Yup! I think my biggest gripe with the GT350 is that you can't even get the premium radio setup with the track pack. Such a minor gripe, but the stock radio setup is ugly as poo poo.

There are people that have done Sync 3 installs from the base radio on other current model Fords. I was looking it up the other day when I decided there's no way I'd go tech package over the track package. Upgrading the stereo, even with OEM Ford parts, should be super simple on a Mustang.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
VW of America sales down 25% last month :laugh:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Dislike button posted:

VW of America sales down 25% last month :laugh:

What percentage of their models aren't they allowed to sell?

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

davebo posted:

What percentage of their models aren't they allowed to sell?

Last I read, about 20% or so of their US sales had been TDI models.

So a 25% drop is really not that bad, means their diesel scandal hardly affected their gas sales.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Guinness posted:

So a 25% drop is really not that bad, means their diesel scandal hardly affected their gas sales.

I don't think the general car-buying public really gives a poo poo. I would bet that even if they were allowed to sell the diesels, they still wouldn't suffer much of a drop. I know people working in car insurance that were just like, "well it's just a recall, no big deal!" when they heard the news. I wouldn't put it past the general public, which has even less knowledge and interest in the subject, to care enough to affect VW in any significant way.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Never underestimate the monumental apathy of the American public.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Guinness posted:

Well, the article I read indicated a 60% drop in passat sales, and I highly doubt they were selling 60% of the passats with diesel.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

They also had a stop sale on some gas engines due to the camshaft issue.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BraveUlysses posted:

Well, the article I read indicated a 60% drop in passat sales, and I highly doubt they were selling 60% of the passats with diesel.

its not 60% but probably more than you think, only because the four cyl gas passat was so bad compared to the competition for so long, and the vr 6 is like a 36k car, so the only reason to look at a passat was the diesel. they also rrfreshed it this month so maybe supply was disrupted.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Guinness posted:

Never underestimate the monumental apathy of the American public.

Not only apathy, but the complete lack of ability to connect a news story with the real world. I dropped a VW smog joke at a lunch with a half dozen co-workers a few weeks ago. One guy chuckled, and everyone else just looked puzzled, and had to have it explained to them, after which they were sort of like "Oh, yea, I remember seeing something about VW stuff on the news".

So they saw the news, but since it didn't directly impact them in any way, their brains just chucked it out the window onto the compost heap of everything else that doesn't immediately affect them in the next 15 minutes.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Somebody managed to wreck a Koenigsegg Agera R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYPl-vM8CN0

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Has there been any recent news on CarPlay and Sync 3, now that Sync 3 is actually shipping?

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
New Volvo S90 has been revealed. I think it looks nice. Wagon should follow soon

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast

smackfu posted:

Has there been any recent news on CarPlay and Sync 3, now that Sync 3 is actually shipping?

Still no ETA from what I've seen. Who knows when it'll get integrated, if ever.

That is one hot Volvo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Humbug posted:

New Volvo S90 has been revealed. I think it looks nice. Wagon should follow soon

How Chinese is Volvo nowadays?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Humbug posted:

Side profile is too generic, looks like an Audi.

Front looks great, as does the interior.

The rear... I dunno man, it may grow on me, but it looks silly.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

Mange Mite posted:

How Chinese is Volvo nowadays?

Chinese ownership, and a plant for making Chinese market cars in China. Volvo headquarters, design, R&D and most plants for the rest of the world is still in Sweden i think. The sedan at least has some details to make it more Chinese-friendly for sure, but if it keeps the big car platforms alive, i couldn't care less. I wonder if the S-Class, A8, A7 6- and 7 series etc would all be around if it wasn't the Chinese love for big sedans?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Humbug posted:

Front looks like the current BMW 3 series, side profile looks like any other Euro luxury car

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ford sold jaguar and volvo to different companies.

you wouldn't know it though.

All you have to do is pick how tall of a grille you want.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
Still waiting on Android Auto on Sync3. :(

Humbug posted:

Looks nice, but big.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'm excited for a big Volvo wagon in the US, this is a good thing even if it looks like a Jag and Audi

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Big sedans won't die at the high end of the market, having a separate passenger compartment legit feels way nicer and more isolated than a wagon or SUV.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Wheeee posted:

having a separate passenger compartment legit feels way nicer and more isolated than a wagon or SUV.

There's no reason SUVs or wagons can't also sport that feature.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Humbug posted:

Looks like a Swedish Passat, but with slightly more hood and a brassier grill.

Jury's out on the rear end. Should have just made it more like the old S60 and called it a day.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I think the new Volvo looks great; it's the most squared and slabby of the current offerings. The tail is also surprisingly well done.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kimbo305 posted:

There's no reason SUVs or wagons can't also sport that feature.

There generally is; you want to be able to fold the rear seats and have a full height compartment all the way through, not a narrow opening like you're left with on sedans with folding seats.

At least, you want that if you're hauling something big enough to need a full-size SUV with the seat folded. Unless it's something flat like a picnic table I guess.

Comedy option would be a vertical barrier that folds down on top of the seats, but that's getting a bit silly (plus you need a hole for the center mirror to look through).

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
That assumes the SUV in question is supposed to be practical in the first place - there are already plenty that aren't

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Wheeee posted:

Big sedans won't die at the high end of the market, having a separate passenger compartment legit feels way nicer and more isolated than a wagon or SUV.

They make limousines out of SUVs too

For example the Range Rover Black

heated game moment fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 3, 2015

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Enourmo posted:

There generally is; you want to be able to fold the rear seats and have a full height compartment all the way through, not a narrow opening like you're left with on sedans with folding seats.

At least, you want that if you're hauling something big enough to need a full-size SUV with the seat folded. Unless it's something flat like a picnic table I guess.

The compartment doesn't have to be amazingly integrated into the plastic interior work. Even if it were, I don't see it as a hard option to supporton the assembly line. You could build the same compartment up front between sedan or wagon and just loose full-passthrough for stuff like skis.

That said, I'm not aware that SUVs have overtaken sedans in the prestige look department for the Chinese market, so the point about sedans being special stands.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Even in small cars the sedan versions have a different, in some ways superior, interior feel.

Sedans being more popular than wagons and hatchbacks in North America isn't just due to marketing or appearance.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I don't know about that, I've owned sedans, hatchbacks and wagons and the body style had very little to do with the 'feel' of the interior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Wheeee posted:

Even in small cars the sedan versions have a different, in some ways superior, interior feel.

Maybe sitting in the backseat, if you have some amount of peripheral sensitivity to space above and behind your head, but from the front seat, the build should feel identical except for when you shoulder check and look past the C-pillar.