Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

I like the kitty logo :3:

I mean, it's no "werewolf wearing Jorts", which is the gold standard for gun company logos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

My Black Friday haul:

Mad Max PS4 - $20

Until Dawn PS4 - $16

Sony Gold Wireless Stereo Headset - $30 (christmas gift for my brother)

Raiders of the Lost Ark Bluray - $5

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade bluray - $5

Band of Brothers bluray - $10

Uncanny X-force complete collection volume 2 - $17

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
My board game group had a Christmas event – I sold two games but ended buying three:

Predator Legendary Encounters
Spyfall
Ticket to Ride 10th Anniversary Edition

+ a bunch of card sleeves. The Predator one alone has 700 cards.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I know it's probably mediocre at best, but I mean come on, $35 (7" Kindle Fire)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Oh my god, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

Those poor cows.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

dreesemonkey posted:

Where?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Amazon had them as a thanksgiving/black friday deal. I imagine they sold probably 14 billion.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

dreesemonkey posted:

It's not amazing for gaming but it's great at most other tablety things.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

big mean giraffe posted:

It's not amazing for gaming but it's great at most other tablety things.

I was surprised by how well it ran Goat Simulator and Five Nights at Freddy's.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
This flexible tablet holder is way better than it has any right to be, for only costing $7.50. I bought a bunch of them for christmas.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

blarzgh posted:

This flexible tablet holder is way better than it has any right to be, for only costing $7.50. I bought a bunch of them for christmas.

That's so suspiciously cheap, I actually want to confirm just once more that they're really that great. The clips for the tablet are strong? The clamp and flexible arm are strong?

My parents both have iPads and if these can hold them safely at lots of angles (maybe not FULLY extended horizontally or something), they might find these a lot of fun.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
I bought a holiday to Morocco, now back in depressingly cold, windy and raining England :(

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hydrocodone posted:

That's so suspiciously cheap, I actually want to confirm just once more that they're really that great. The clips for the tablet are strong? The clamp and flexible arm are strong?

My parents both have iPads and if these can hold them safely at lots of angles (maybe not FULLY extended horizontally or something), they might find these a lot of fun.

They're not "great", just alot better than $8.

It really only works if the tablet weight is vertically above the clip. Its not a "clip anywhere, bend any way" solution, and plus the clip and arranging the arm itself takes a little bit of forearm strength, so don't know if would be great for older people.

It's more of a 'hands free' thing. My 10", 1.25lb Lenovo tablet doesn't quite test this things resolve, but I bet if you get up towards 2 pounds, it will.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought some dog treats and a tent from Woot.

Also apparently someone spent $10 on me again. You're welcome, Mr. Lowtax.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Thank you!

Latitude Ocotpus
Nov 17, 2009
Came back from my holiday with more spending money than I thought so...

To go with my new Italian espresso cups

To replace my current Docs - time to retire them after 2 year almost constant wear.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

WugLyfe posted:

Got a raise, murdered a huge chunk of student loans :shobon:

I just ordered that bag too. They had it on Touch of Modern for $200 and on Black Friday they had a deal that got me $50 in credit for ordering it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Because I want to get back the conversational German I had when my grandparents were alive. 25 years of not speaking or reading it really takes its toll.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

flosofl posted:

Because I want to get back the conversational German I had when my grandparents were alive. 25 years of not speaking or reading it really takes its toll.

Watch every episode of Derrick.

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Please do not feed poinsettias to animals, its not good for them and I dont want PI to yell at me.

flosofl posted:

I'm trying to learn German now too! I've been using the DuoLingo app to teach myself the basics, and the HelloTalk app to practice with people in Germany, who also get to practice English with me :)

And both apps are free!! If you want HelloTalk to translate more than 25 messages a day for you, you can pay $9 per year for a premium account. Or you can google it, or just talk less. But $9 per year is a steal.

Edit: Also, with the DuoLingo app you can tell it you already know some of the language and it will test you and then you can skip the beginning lessons

Mushinronsha has a new favorite as of 05:41 on Nov 30, 2015

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Polaroid Snap and some film, far too excited for this.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Why is the other one $80 more? Because it uses ink?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

blarzgh posted:

It's more of a 'hands free' thing. My 10", 1.25lb Lenovo tablet doesn't quite test this things resolve, but I bet if you get up towards 2 pounds, it will.

Hmmm...if it holds your Lenovo tablet, do you think it could hold an Amazon Fire HD 10"? Welp, only $7.50, I'm getting it as a stocking stuffer for my girlfriend since I bought her this:

It was a Lightning Deal this morning for only $170.

I was actually a little upset, because I had already bought her this on Friday when it was on sale for $150:

The FIre HD 8.

So now I've got to return that once it gets here tomorrow. I'm 99% sure she'd prefer 10" over 8". :heysexy:

I also got this:

as a gift for a charity that helps battered women and their children who are on the run/hiding from their abusive exes. It was on the list for the family my GF and I were assigned., It was also a lightning deal for only $35! Includes all the expansions!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Coffee And Pie posted:

It amazes me that the Polaroid name has risen from the dead. This was my last Polaroid camera from back around 1978. I can still smell the developer that gets squooshed over the print when you pulled it from the camera.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They should use the Polaroid Snap in the Memento remake coming out

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Dick Trauma posted:

It amazes me that the Polaroid name has risen from the dead.

Well, don't hold your breath on that. Apparently GoPro is suing them because their "life camera" thing looks like GoPro's new action camera. As in they're both just cubes.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

colas posted:

Why is the other one $80 more? Because it uses ink?

Probably because this one has only a viewfinder (no screen) and a traditional non-mechanical lens cap.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Well, don't hold your breath on that. Apparently GoPro is suing them because their "life camera" thing looks like GoPro's new action camera. As in they're both just cubes.

First Apple patented round things, now GoPro has patented cubes and squared things? What shapes do we have left?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Magic butter? Is it a mini churn?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
pretty sure its for weed

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

overdesigned posted:

pretty sure its for weed

"herbal butter"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

overdesigned posted:

pretty sure its for weed

Googled "Magical Butter", and I can't actually tell which way this ones going. On the one hand it bills itself as "Eat to TreatTM WITH Healthy Herbs!". So, obvious joke there. But then it does the whole sunday morning infomercial "ITS TOTALLY HEALTHY AND WILL CURE YOUR FATASSNESS!!" thing.

So...probably made for actual herb butter, but works great for weed anyway :shrug:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

It is. Basically, I have a prescription that works super well at killing migraines (9 months free!) but my wife has a visceral reaction to the smell. So rather than stink out the house for a day at a time and/or be glued to the goddamn stovetop making oil, this seemed to be a better solution for convenience. Less messy, and the one I used at a friend's house was able to handle itself really well without too much babysitting. Even has a self-clean feature.

Probably going to try making butter-based sauces/toppings with it too. Had a steak a while back with a fuckin' nuts sage and brown butter sauce, would love to recreate that.

e. for reference, the dispensary where I live only sells flower. No edibles, oil, or tinctures.

GonadTheBallbarian has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Nov 30, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

Christ, another reason not to buy a GoPro.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

PCOS Bill posted:

I bought some dog treats and a tent from Woot.

Also apparently someone spent $10 on me again. You're welcome, Mr. Lowtax.

Who'd you piss off this time, Mr Bill? Enough to spend money too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Cyber monday sale hit me in the feels.

I loved this movie growing up, and having a piece that's damned near identical to the original is amazing.

Couldn't pass it up for 50% off.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I heart bacon posted:

Who'd you piss off this time, Mr Bill? Enough to spend money too.

Dunno, a GBS sadbrains must have had their SSDI check hit early this month

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

Christ, another reason not to buy a GoPro.

What's the first reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

new headphones since one side went out on my old ones ages ago and these were a lightning deal.

different earpads i saw recommended which are hopefully more comfy.

20th anniversary ps4 controller since it finally went on sale.

an iphone cable, because you can never have enough.

and just cause 3, because apparently it's coming out tomorrow.

thanks cyber monday.