Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Howling Man posted:

S2 has been way more fun for me than S1. I just enjoy the characters and heck, the weather is so nice in the 70's in those parts.

Rewatching the S2E1 and I want the third season to just be about Rye.

i really liked rye and was excited to see more of him, so uyou can imagine my disapointment when he died in the first episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

rediscover posted:

i really liked rye and was excited to see more of him, so uyou can imagine my disapointment when he died in the first episode

There's straight a line used by Kieran Culkin in the trailer for s2 that doesn't get used in the actual episode, meaning we could have gotten slightly more Rye!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I dunno. I really thought season 1 was just aces.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Howling Man posted:

S2 has been way more fun for me than S1. I just enjoy the characters and heck, the weather is so nice in the 70's in those parts.

I agree. I thought Season 1 was really good but I ended up taking a break watching it and finished it up later. This season I can't wait for the next episode to come. There's just so much to be interested in even though there's not a super complicated true crime plot. Just a ton of great character development and a solid, interesting story about two crime families going to war and the people caught up in the middle of it.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

NowonSA posted:

Fargo Season 3: Origins of a Belt Buckle. I wouldn't be surprised if they delve into the past of a character we see die in season 1 or 2 though.

I totally expected Malvo to end up being the Undertaker in the last episode.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Officer Farva posted:

I totally expected Malvo to end up being the Undertaker in the last episode.

he would be a child in 1979

Jake Armitage
Dec 11, 2004

+69 Pimp

rediscover posted:

I was a child in 1979. Billy Bob was well into his 20s.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

rediscover posted:

I highly doubt that Malvo and Molly are close in age.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

rediscover posted:

In this world, a child killed the mob boss of the Fargo area in 1951.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Going solely on actor ages, Billy Bob Thornton is sixty years old right now, which means he would have been in his late fifties when they filmed Fargo Season 1, which took place in 2006. Assuming Malvo was also in his late fifties in that season, season two takes place 27 years earlier in 1979, which would mean Malvo would have been around thirty for all of this. So it's not crazy to think he would have been kicking around as a killer in the timeframe of the second season, but he's working out of Reno in 2006 and doesn't seem to know the lay of the land in Fargo or the greater midwest area so it doesn't make a ton of sense for him to be in KC doing jobs in Sioux Falls if that's the case.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Malvo is a specter of death that exists outside of time. He is as he has always been.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Him being the devil makes more sense than him being almost a no-name contract killer considering how talented he is, and how long he's presumably been doing it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ror posted:

I really like Bear's actor and character but I keep imagining him as Brett Gelman going full Deliverance and now I kind of wish that's what it was.

For the whole season my friend and I are convinced that the Kitchen Bros are clones of Gelman.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Stairmaster posted:

Him being the devil makes more sense than him being almost a no-name contract killer considering how talented he is, and how long he's presumably been doing it.

Thats part of the reason why I was disappointed in the resolution to season 1. I liked when Malvo had some sort of otherwordly evil nature to him, but then it just turned out that he was just a petty rear end in a top hat.

Anyway I'm trying season 2 and I'm loving it 5 episode in. The butcher shop just burned down. God I hope Peggy and Ed both die.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thats part of the reason why I was disappointed in the resolution to season 1. I liked when Malvo had some sort of otherwordly evil nature to him, but then it just turned out that he was just a petty rear end in a top hat.

I don't know, I loved Malvo's belated revelation that he'd underestimated Lester and that he was no longer the predator. In his final face-to-face with Gus when all he can do is bare his teeth, it's his admission that he's trapped, cornered and helpless and all he can do now is put on a desperate show of aggression. To me that was a perfect end to him, he was so used to being the top dog/getting his own way that he got complacent and lost his edge.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I now want Season 3 to be in Fargo, Vietnam.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know, I loved Malvo's belated revelation that he'd underestimated Lester and that he was no longer the predator. In his final face-to-face with Gus when all he can do is bare his teeth, it's his admission that he's trapped, cornered and helpless and all he can do now is put on a desperate show of aggression. To me that was a perfect end to him, he was so used to being the top dog/getting his own way that he got complacent and lost his edge.

That's the thing I don't get about people that saw him as a sort of devil figure. He is setup almost explicitly as an animalistic predator. That's the gist of most of his anecdotes, the power dominance games he plays, how he champions people that embrace their inner desires. The most intellectual thing about him is his studies of the random folks he tries to influence, otherwise he's a profoundly instinctual person. He meets a random person, he decides to kill someone. He's given a job to help a man being blackmailed out, he decides to take over the blackmail scheme. He is in the middle of a months long undercover operation that has nearly gotten him married to maintain his cover, and he instantly decides to kill everyone the second Lester steps to him. And his death is ultimately that of an animal. He rips himself free of a bear trap, and he's killed while helpless in his den. The narrative could not be clearer on his role. He represents something we left behind to build the world we have. And his ability to ignore convention to do what he wants gives him a certain short term effectiveness over people that are constrained by our rules and hang ups, but he still dies the death of an animal and everyone moves on with their life. There's a reason we don't act like he does by and large, and it has nothing to do with weakness.

e: I mean come on, he even convinces that stupid kid at the motel to piss in his boss' car to express his independence.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 30, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What is it with this show and girls sticking their thumbs up guys asses?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

That's the thing I don't get about people that saw him as a sort of devil figure.

Basically, their train of thought on that was "Wouldn't that be a cool reveal?"

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
There was also the way he magicked his way out of a basement, but that's neither here nor there.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Still laughing at Carl Weathers.

I'm talking about the camaraderie of men, kid. The hard to define male bond, born in the age of the neanderthal when men still hunted mastodon with flint in spears.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
Season 3 will be a young Danson in the 50's. Back from WW2 and gets caught up chasing someone who's run afoul of the wrong people.

Season 1= Fargo the Movie w Demons
Season 2 = Miller's Crossing w Aliens
Season 3 = No Country for Old Men w Bigfoot

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

rejutka posted:

He hasn't mentioned stew once. :argh:

I keep waiting for an absence in the series to be explained away by his hosting of a stage fighting workshop.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Holy poo poo didn't realize Lou was Keith Carradine from S1. I loved both characters, but now I love one like 3 times as much? What's happening? It also clears up one particular complaint I had about this season, which was that I thought this season's cop character was too much like that dad cop from before. D'oh.

Also Ed might turn out to be a badass but he doesn't have some mobster past. He's been shown to be totally over his head even when we see him dealing with stuff all by himself.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Question: Is Peggy and Ed's house the same house Lester owned in S1?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Question: Is Peggy and Ed's house the same house Lester owned in S1?

Nah, their house is out in the middle of nowhere, while Lester's was in town.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Lester lived in Bemidji, Ed and Peggy live in Luverne.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyway I'm trying season 2 and I'm loving it 5 episode in. The butcher shop just burned down. God I hope Peggy and Ed both die.

On the contrary, I love it when otherworldly evil people die in hilariously unfitting ways (for example, being iced by a mailman)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

hypothetically i was a criminal and was going to miss the episode at 10. how long until it's up on streaming websites or for download?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Peggy done gone off the deep end.

Dodd tries to sell Ed on the good citizen story, which he's not having.

Howling Man posted:

I actually have to think back about what happened in Season 1 (Malvo, Lester, Molly, Colin Hanks, "Tha Widah Hess"). I'll remember what went on this season easily.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Peggy is the best, followed closely by Dodd's accent

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There lurks Red Man in the shadows.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Peggy's actualizing.

There better be a woodchipper somewhere.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

fuuck i missed 15 minutes

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I noticed last week that ed was playing hangman with himself in the phone booth. And revealing where he is going.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Foot's on the other shoe now!

Oh, Peggy.

e- Holy poo poo. She threatened to stab him again by not saying "No, thank you." :lol:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
holy poo poo peggy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare: Be polite Dodd, she's nuts

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Holy poo poo my pecs hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU