Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
ok then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That is not how I saw Dahhhd leaving the pattern. :dogbutton:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ok, just 1 gearheartd

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

dont spit in it!

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

WELL DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
God the loving music in this is so good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Poor Hanzee

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Mighty fine police work letting the bad guy just walk out the back door like that.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I love the resigned look on Ed's face.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

QUIT STARING AND GIVING HIM REASON TO BE CONCERNED, you pudgy bastard.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Aw... I wanted to see how the haircut turned out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Maybe yell that the Indian Murderer just ran out the back and his gun is out of ammunition, that might be a thing that a real person would do after the cops bust in.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

wtf these episodes are great

this epsidoe ended like 3 or 4 times for me god drat

all hail the new true detective, fargo; season 2; may the new king burn brightly

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Parasol Prophet posted:

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
"We thank you--"

"Shut up."

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
There's still two episodes left goddamn.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I thought they were gonna make friends

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I didn't realize there were only two episodes left!

I thought we had more time :ohdear:

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Any chance these are related to the end of last week's episode?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Rorobb posted:

Any chance these are related to the end of last week's episode?

yes

Also, dodds eyes when he gets tased are great

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Dodd talking about Samson as he's hanging Ed, then Hanzee juuuuuuuuuuuuust avoids the haircut.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

"I just wanted a glass of water."

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That was some of the best drat television I've ever seen. The drum music at the end was incredible. The initial interactions between Peggy and Dodd at the cabin were amazing and Dunst is seriously pulling off the craziness.

Hanzee tries to get out of the life and someone gets the jump on him for the first time in forever, poo poo luck.

I wonder what will happen with Ed missing the meet with Milligan and the top enforcers for the Gerhardts being dead. I have so many drat questions that I want answered immediately. poo poo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The only part that was a little eye rolly was the deus ex newspaper pointing Ed to Mike Milligan and revealing who the Indian was to that gas station guy. Other than that, it was great and that Samson reference was awesome.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Welcome to another episode of the Peggy Blomquist Show

we're moving now, things are flowing. Not trapped anymore! :dance:

well ... i-i mean that was our home

Hey Dodd

don't gently caress with actualized women

KoRMaK posted:

lol at mike and ed talking on the phone making a deal

they are both so polite and professional
If I kissed you on the lips when we meet would that be inappropriate?

Did we ever see Ed tell the Gerhardts where to meet him before he called Mike? If not, I wonder how they'll get back in the mix.

Also hope the guy who complained that this season isn't as much of a straight-up Fargo hommage as the last one enjoyed the lake line as much as I did.

Mons Hubris posted:

Dodd talking about Samson as he's hanging Ed, then Hanzee juuuuuuuuuuuuust avoids the haircut.
so good

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Dec 1, 2015

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

... the golden age of television is going strong, and it isn't ending (s3 is paid for!)...

Age of Aquarius ACTUALISE

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I started getting really tense when You're The Inspiration was playing as Ed was shopping. It seemed ominous. Then it played through to the scene where Peggy was in the cabin and I could feel it was leading up to something.

It was the alarm on my phone. I forgot to turn it off when I woke up three hours early.

Thanks for listening to my story.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Hawley on season 3
http://zap2it.com/2015/08/fargo-creator-season-3-noah-hawley-solverson/

quote:

Speaking to the 2015 TCA summer press tour audience, Hawley jokes that “Fargo” Season 3 is headed … to the future!

“We’re on the UFO. Yeah,” says Hawley with a laugh. “I mean I like to joke, it’s going to be, you know, this space station ‘Fargo’ in the year 2555.”

But in all seriousness, Hawley has thought about a third season and whether or not it will be connected to the first two seasons.

“I think I like the idea that, you know, you watch the first three episodes of year one, and you thought, well, it’s actually not connected to the movie at all,” says Hawley. “And then in the fourth hour, you realize that it was connected to the movie on some level, and that this second year is sort of very literally connected to the first year. So I feel like there will always be some connect, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be pivotal. It can be tangential, and but that’s as far as I’ve really thought about it.”

He later adds that despite Seasons 1 and 2 featuring the Solverson family, he doesn’t “think there always has to be a Solverson.” “I think that it’s a big world with a lot of stories in it,” says Hawley.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Whew, what a crazy episode. Maybe Milligan and crew go to the hotel Ed told them to meet at, and the Gerhardts tail them there then shoot it out?

I just hope Hanzee didn't kill Peggy's sweet little lesbian friend. She did her best dammit! Hopefully Hanzee only kills those who act blatantly racist towards him.

Peggy not catching on at all when her friend asked where she was for the fourth time shows just how far off the deep end she's gone, in my opinion. I think she's gotten more inept as the show's gone on, which is an interesting diversion from Lester in season 1 who became more and more actualized as a sociopath. I think she really has just been some level of full-blown crazy this whole time, and after the big fight at her house all the screws have come loose.

Oh, and barring things taking a really crazy turn Ed and Peggy will get to live! I mean, they'll be in jail for a looong time, but they'll be alive. This is Fargo though and anything's possible, for instance I'll never stop laughing if Lou gets Ed to do some kind of sting operation with Ed still going to the hotel while Weekend at Bernies-ing Dodd.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

PotatoJudge posted:

I want to be married to actualized Peggy. She gets poo poo done and supports her man.

yeah, I disliked her in the pilot but she's ride or die now and I love it

sout
Apr 24, 2014

hon you gotta stop stabbing him

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

yeah, I disliked her in the pilot but she's ride or die now and I love it

I thought she was dead as soon as she looked up from the tv. Then seeing Ed's purple puffy face while he was in the noose... I didn't think I'd get so attached to these two but they're awesome. Definitely digging their style.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I like how Dunst sells the craziness in a way where it looks like even Peggy doesn't really know what she's gonna do before she does it, the scene where she stabbed Dodd was so great.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

In an alternate universe, Dodd and Peggy would've been perfect for each other.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RC and Moon Pie posted:

"Goin' crazy down there at the lake."

Haha favorite part of the episode. Also more subtle joke: the guy mistakenly thought Hanzee was looking for a woman, which was what Buscemi's character was looking for when the original line came up.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
The split-screen in this keeps getting more and more ridiculous, and I love it! This has to be the first time I've seen it used to show two people sitting right next to each other. Ed in the phone booth sliding up in the middle of the screen was also great.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Parasol Prophet posted:

As a barber, this had me very excited. Dunst did a poor job of fake cutting in the early episodes

Howling Man fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 1, 2015

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
e: misspost

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

SimonChris posted:

The split-screen in this keeps getting more and more ridiculous, and I love it! This has to be the first time I've seen it used to show two people sitting right next to each other. Ed in the phone booth sliding up in the middle of the screen was also great.

How quickly we forget Mike and his buddy cruising in the car in split screen with a Kitchen brother on each side as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My only complaint about this show is that I don't think there's been a single oofta and we're already 8 episodes in.

Well, I mean, ya know.

• Locked thread