Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

NecroMonster posted:

I finally broke down and decided to do some Metroid power armor paint job retextures and couldn't get photoshop to read the .bbs's even after installing the plug in and that's the end of my story

First off.. you should be working with .dds files. If you're perchance trying to edit the .bgsm material files directly you're going about it all wrong.
Secondly so long as you're using the plugin available from here: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop you shouldn't be having any trouble opening the .dds files.
Thirdly, once you do get your .dds files edited, go get the Standalone Power Armor Paint Compiler so you don't need to overwrite an existing paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

that hotline miami music replacer is pretty good though it's not a full replacement yet
also it'll start goin' nuts when you get jumped by some bloatflies or whatever too which is kinda weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV4SoGK-QCY

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
is it possible yet to make a giant synth gorilla mount

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Colonial Air Force posted:

Yeah, of all the mods I've picked up from this thread, that one is absolutely the most utilitarian. Why the hell wasn't that in the actual game to begin with?

I do think that craftable ammo should be in the game but I also feel like the game just shits ammo at you. Perhaps the junk ammo from New Vegas can make a comeback?

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 1, 2015

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I do think that craftable ammo should be in the game but I also feel like the game just shits ammo at you.

I played vanilla survival at first using all ballistics and I was short on ammo for most of the play-through. Think that's more with survival enemies being bullet sponges more than anything though, and I didn't play a sneaky guy.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Is there a mod to hide the ugly hats/helms and let me see my glorious beehive hair at all times yet?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Colonial Air Force posted:

Yeah, of all the mods I've picked up from this thread, that one is absolutely the most utilitarian. Why the hell wasn't that in the actual game to begin with?

I seem to remember another craftable ammo mod, one that didn't need NMM. Was there something wrong with that one?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kea posted:

Also though I cant remember off the top of my head there are commands to set an items rotation, google them up and you can make it lovely and level.

That would be SetAngle x (and y) 0 I think, awesome.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Babe Magnet posted:

Is there a mod that lets me finish Curie's personal quest but not have her be a synth. She's just so loving boring like that. Ideally, and I'll probably end up doing this when the GECK comes out, I'd have a choice to put her in different robot bodies like maybe a cleaned up gen2 synth or a white assaultron, that would loving own.

I feel your motherfuckin' pain.

So far all I've done is mod her human appearance to be less fuckawful but yeah I'd perfer she be a robot.

My fantasy mod would be one that turns Curie into a holotape that lives on your pipboy and you can upload her into robots to make them companions, that way you get all the badass robot destruction and a sweet french maid GlaDOS voice-over.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if it would be possible to copy or remake from scratch the script from the stealth armor from Old World Blues to use her voice files so you could have her voice but not have to give up a companion slot.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I'd like a mod that dumps the ammo of a gun into the inventory of the enemy so I don't need to pick up every gun.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gromdul posted:

No, my opinion is more valid. You, sir, are the idiot.

Got a link to the hello kitty mod? I'd love a bright pink minigun. Or all guns. Hell, a mod to paint guns would be amazing.

I should get into modifying textures. I am an illustrator, but my 3D experience is fairly limited. Any advice? I know we can't do meshes yet, but I can take a stab at textures and maps.

What's the best software for editing them? Photoshop?

We can do meshes. Download Nifskope and Bethesda Archive Extractor and you can extract/edit NIFs.

Motherfucker posted:

My fantasy mod would be one that turns Curie into a holotape that lives on your pipboy and you can upload her into robots to make them companions, that way you get all the badass robot destruction and a sweet french maid GlaDOS voice-over.

Bloody hell, Bethesda, where is that GECK? :argh:

Along the same lines, why can't I put Curie to run Freedom Radio? 11,000 voiced lines and you didn't think to add that, Bethesda?

Zodium fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 1, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zodium posted:

Bloody hell, Bethesda, where is that GECK? :argh:

Don't worry, they'll get it out just in time for everyone to lose interest in the game.

Well, the norms anyway. Then it'll just be the legion of freaks working on their "clean dicks XL" mods.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Amstrad posted:

First off.. you should be working with .dds files. If you're perchance trying to edit the .bgsm material files directly you're going about it all wrong.
Secondly so long as you're using the plugin available from here: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop you shouldn't be having any trouble opening the .dds files.
Thirdly, once you do get your .dds files edited, go get the Standalone Power Armor Paint Compiler so you don't need to overwrite an existing paint.

Time to paint boobs on power armor, post it to nexus, and enjoy the lovely comments.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I do think that craftable ammo should be in the game but I also feel like the game just shits ammo at you. Perhaps the junk ammo from New Vegas can make a comeback?

I like it less for the amount of ammo I can make, and more because I can convert ammo so I don't need 3 different types of the same weapon.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Is there a console command to spawn in cats?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Michaellaneous posted:

I'd like a mod that dumps the ammo of a gun into the inventory of the enemy so I don't need to pick up every gun.
I think that's more of a bug actually. AFAIK the ammo in an enemy's inventory is all your supposed to get. That picking up a gun on the ground yields you a full magazine of ammo when taking it from their inventory doesn't is an oversight.

It feels almost like cheating to do that.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Inverness posted:

I think that's more of a bug actually. AFAIK the ammo in an enemy's inventory is all your supposed to get. That picking up a gun on the ground yields you a full magazine of ammo when taking it from their inventory doesn't is an oversight.

It feels almost like cheating to do that.
it doesn't yield a full magazine of ammo, guns have magazine capacity values that aren't transferred to the corpse and part of why "manual reload" mods work in the first place

there's no sane way to do this using any sort of scripting so enjoy the extra rand(1, magazine size) bullets i guess

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Amstrad posted:

yeah I meant .dds sorry. thanks for the help tho.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Panniculus Rift posted:

Is there a console command to spawn in cats?

I THINK it would be..
code:
player.placeatme 001d168f 1 

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

Kea posted:

I THINK it would be..
code:

No, that was a giant DEATHCLAW!!!! :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2605/

I've been hoping for something like this.

E: "i have seen people make Adolf Hitler for fallout 4 but there not very good so heres my attempted " http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3926/

This community sucks.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 1, 2015

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Barracuda Bang! posted:

I'm not seeing much of a difference.

That gives me an idea too. Someone should make pictures like all those cat ones except with deathclaws instead.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Barracuda Bang! posted:

Pretty sure It wasn't but I should have said 001423AC

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I would like a mod that lets your dog wear goggles :shobon:

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

-Troika- posted:

I would like a mod that lets your dog wear goggles :shobon:

Dogmeat can allready wear goggles, put them in his inventory and a button will light up sayign equip, hit it and bam, doggles. He can also wear scarves!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

By default, only ~1% of monsters are actually eligible to be legendary (rarity factor 1). This mod basically raises that cap to almost 100% (rarity factor 0.01)

So you may have two or more legendaries per enemy group! Note: This doesn't affect whether a legendary will spawn in the first place, there's another mod for that.

I've also included a completely untested esp that sets the rarity factor to 0. This may cause a legendary singularity. You have been warned.

100x: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/legendary_spawning_eligibility_x100.esp
Uncapped: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/legendary_spawning_eligibility_uncapped.esp

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

By default, only ~1% of monsters are actually eligible to be legendary (rarity factor 1). This mod basically raises that cap to almost 100% (rarity factor 0.01)

So you may have two or more legendaries per enemy group! Note: This doesn't affect whether a legendary will spawn in the first place, there's another mod for that.

I've also included a completely untested esp that sets the rarity factor to 0. This may cause a legendary singularity. You have been warned.

100x: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/legendary_spawning_eligibility_x100.esp
Uncapped: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/legendary_spawning_eligibility_uncapped.esp

Thats odd because on Very Hard I usually get one legendary per decent sized group.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

By default, there's this asinine "DR factor" that actually multiplies most damage by 6.666... times for calculating damage reduction. For most users, this causes the annoying trend of enemies being completely impervious to anything except explosive weapons (something I haven't quite found the reason of, yet.)

I've decided to raise this damage factor to 1, except it made armor loving worthless, so I changed the exponent from 0.365 to 1.0, which actually made armor work again, and surprisingly, changes the armor system to something like Morrowind's.

Critters were no longer impervious, but neither was I. Explosive weapons were no longer the only damage source I had.

Some people might find the idea of actually being killed on Normal somewhat offensive, though, so I have made a version that sets the DR factor to 0.5, making armor twice as effective as advertised.

1x: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/armorscaling_1x.esp
2x: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/armorscaling_2x.esp

Dogmeat has the least HP out of all the NPCs, which is somehow unsurprising. I have decided to make dog armor have actual armor on it.

armored dog armor: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/dogsarmor.esp

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

By default, there's this asinine "DR factor" that actually multiplies most damage by 6.666... times for calculating damage reduction. For most users, this causes the annoying trend of enemies being completely impervious to anything except explosive weapons (something I haven't quite found the reason of, yet.)

I've decided to raise this damage factor to 1, except it made armor loving worthless, so I changed the exponent from 0.365 to 1.0, which actually made armor work again, and surprisingly, changes the armor system to something like Morrowind's.

Critters were no longer impervious, but neither was I. Explosive weapons were no longer the only damage source I had.

Some people might find the idea of actually being killed on Normal somewhat offensive, though, so I have made a version that sets the DR factor to 0.5, making armor twice as effective as advertised.

1x: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/armorscaling_1x.esp
2x: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/armorscaling_2x.esp

Dogmeat has the least HP out of all the NPCs, which is somehow unsurprising. I have decided to make dog armor have actual armor on it.

armored dog armor: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/dogsarmor.esp

Yet again I have never come across this explosives only problem playing on very hard.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Be fortunate that your game somehow forgot that the DR factor even existed

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Kea posted:

I THINK it would be..
code:

Yes, thank you!

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Be fortunate that your game somehow forgot that the DR factor even existed

Thats the thing, I've never heard of this issue before either, none of the people I know who have the game have had this problem.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, that's the first I've heard of that issue as well, and I hung around the Bethesda bug report forums a lot when my game glitched out and crashed every time I went to a certain area.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Testing out the weapon mod editing functionality of FO4Edit.
NOTE: The weapon mod editing of FO4Edit is not completely tested (duh) and may cause complete singularities within the game engine. Use at own risk.

Based on and shamelessly stolen from The Iron Rose's Weapon Overhaul mod. The contents of this esp are free to steal wholesale.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp

Changes:
-"Assault Rifle" renamed to "Heavy Rifle"
-Heavy Rifle automatic reciever damage and rate of fire increased
-"Combat Rifle" renamed to "Assault Rifle", changed caliber to 5.56mm
-Assault Rifle automatic reciever damage and rate of fire increased
-Deliverer changed caliber to .38

-Heavy Rifle drum capacity increased from 80 to 100
-10mm Pistol magazine size changed from 12/24 to 16/32
-Combat Shotgun magazine size changed from 8/12/32 to 5/7/12
-Submachine Gun magazine size changed from 50/100 to 30/60
-Institute laser gun base magazine size changed from 30 to 45

-10mm Pistol base damage changed from 18 to 20
-Pipe Gun base damage changed from 13 to 14
-Double Barrel Shotgun base damage changed from 45 to 72
-Combat Shotgun base damage changed from 50 to 56
-Hunting Rifle base damage changed from 37 to 52
-Pipe Bolt Rifle base damage changed from 34 to 45
-Pipe Revolver base damage changed from 24 to 30
-Minigun base damage changed from 8 to 15
-.44 Revolver base damage changed from 48 to 50
-Gatling Laser base damage changed from 14 to 20
-Laser and Institute laser gun base damage changed from 24/21 to 30/30
-Plasma base damage changed from 24+24 to 30+30
-Junk Jet damage at full charge changed from 40 to 80
-Missile explosion damage increased from 135 to 200 (hopefully)
-Fat Man explosion damage increased from 450 to 600, full damage radius decreased from 300 to 225
-MIRV full damage radius decreased from 250 to 200
-Submachine Gun base damage changed from 13 to 16

-Minigun rate of fire slightly increased for standard and triple barrels,
-Minigun rate of fire significantly increased for accelerated barrel, but damage bonus is removed
-Gatling Laser Charged Barrel rate of fire increased, damage bonus decreased
-Institute reciever damage penalty removed, higher end reciever damages slightly increased
-.44 Revolver rate of fire increased across the board
-Submachine gun damage penalty removed
-Submachine gun rate of fire slightly decreased
-10mm Automatic recievers' rate of fire increased
-Pipe Gun automatic recievers' rate of fire decreased
-Spread coefficient for Double Barreled Shotgun reduced to 20% (long barrel) and 40% (short barrel)
-Spread coefficient for Combat Shotgun reduced to 25% (long barrel) and 50% (short barrel)
-Combat Shotgun base rate of fire increased
-Combat Shotgun automatic reciever rate of fire drastically increased

-.38 rechamberings now increase rate of fire for all applicable weapons
-.308 rechambered Assault Rifle ROF decreased
-.308 rechambered Pipe Revolver ROF decreased, but damage increased.
-.50 rechambered Pipe Bolt/Hunting Rifle ROF decreased, but damage dramatically increased

-Player-equippable melee weapon damage values raised by 2.0x to 3.0x across the board, to compensate for hilariously slow melee swings
-NPC-only heavy melee weapon (anchor, fire hydrant) damage values raised by 1.5-2.0x

-Various semi-auto weapon rates of fire significantly increased (heavy rifle, assault rifle, 10mm pistol, pipe gun)
-Various weapon weights reduced to compensate for junk inflation

Thanks for this.

I had no idea that you could simply replace a property, e.g. weight into speed. Cause originally I tried to make a high rof minigun weeks ago and was stuck when I couldn't find out how to change the speed.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 1, 2015

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
F4SE is out!
http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Im still messing with this current list of mods for the OP, hopefully I'll get it updated today.

Here is a Perk point per level mod, someone was asking for it earlier. (requires F4SE)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3938/

Edit:

Mod Organizer 2 is out.
https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 1, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I was literally in the process of incorporating this into my legendary scaling mod as you posted :P

I'll credit you on the mod page for helping me out? Along with Doctor Schnable for pointing me there a few days back.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/218/

In other news, I finally did a complete overhaul of my weapon crafting mod. Fixed a ton of bugs, added the Syringer and the Railway Rifle, and the biggest change of all is that it now uses a custom weapons station!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1224/

E: also with your permission I'd like to incorporate wholesale your modification edits in your weapon rebalance mod. I likely wouldn't change much, hence the reason I'm asking. I would of course also give credit too.

e2: I made more changes than I thought, the result is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 1, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Still unable to find where workshop buildable area is defined. Anyone know or have any luck with this?

Edit: Lots of people suggesting it might be a global limit and the reason it is different is due to settlements being at different heights relative to sea level. Will be interesting to know if this limit is changeable (once found)

Kea fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 1, 2015

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Kea posted:

Still unable to find where workshop buildable area is defined. Anyone know or have any luck with this?

Edit: Lots of people suggesting it might be a global limit and the reason it is different is due to settlements being at different heights relative to sea level. Will be interesting to know if this limit is changeable (once found)

there are a couple mods that are expanding them on the nexus already, check those.

with MO2, anyone else getting this error message when opening it?

"failed to initialize plugin C:/Mod Organizer/Fallout4/Plugins/pyCfg.py An unexpected C++ exception was thrown in python code"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

LumberingTroll posted:

there are a couple mods that are expanding them on the nexus already, check those.

Ahah I didn't see them when I searched before, I should have thought to look in the individual cells, I looked everywhere else! Finally I can expand hangmans alley up high as well as a few other places.

• Locked thread