Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Isn't it supposed to come today? It is workday in Sweden now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I think I've seen 3 pm CET.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Does Paradox give some extra DLC with the preorder of Cossacks or did they gently caress up and send me two keys by mistake?

Edit: Looks like both my keys are valid, that's a nice black friday sale.

Tahirovic fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 1, 2015

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Bad things about working the afternoon shift: EU4 DLC come out exactly when I start work :(

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

Star posted:

I think I've seen 3 pm CET.

Yeah, from the Pdox store: "PLEASE NOTE THAT EUROPA UNIVERSALIS IV: COSSACKS IS RELEASED TUESDAY DECEMBER 1st 2015 (AT 3:00 PM CET). "

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Hm, one thing I can't find in the patchnotes is something that Wiz mentioned having planned before: buffing New World provinces above the current wasteland of worthless 1/1/1 shitholes. Am I blind or did that project not make it in?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Welmu posted:

Yeah, from the Pdox store: "PLEASE NOTE THAT EUROPA UNIVERSALIS IV: COSSACKS IS RELEASED TUESDAY DECEMBER 1st 2015 (AT 3:00 PM CET). "
Aren't all games always released at the same time of day on steam?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Guildencrantz posted:

Hm, one thing I can't find in the patchnotes is something that Wiz mentioned having planned before: buffing New World provinces above the current wasteland of worthless 1/1/1 shitholes. Am I blind or did that project not make it in?

He said it in a bunch of places so it should be in, but I don't see it in the patch notes either.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
My game is patching.

I assume I have to wait for the Steam release at 1PM PST? Not that it matters, since I'm at work.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

3 PM CET not CST. Cossacks should be live in 10 minutes.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
One thing they forgot to do is add a 5% Siege advisor.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Tahirovic posted:

One thing they forgot to do is add a 5% Siege advisor.

Speaking of which, I'd start taking Espionage if there was an idea that reduced the enemy's effective fort level. Just throwing that out there.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Cossacks content pack is up but no Cossacks expansion :(

Edit: nevermind, shows up in search but not in EU4's DLC listing, thanks gaben.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
No, its there.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/373370/

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Sheep posted:

Cossacks content pack is up but no Cossacks expansion :(

Edit: nevermind, shows up in search but not in EU4's DLC listing, thanks gaben.

Both up for me.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

It's up. :getin:

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Will CK2 conversions work in 1.14? Do they work now? When was the last time they worked?

I've never done one before, but I have a pretty neat CK2 game going on right now and I'd love to port it over.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

Shroud posted:

Speaking of which, I'd start taking Espionage if there was an idea that reduced the enemy's effective fort level. Just throwing that out there.

Don't talk crazy!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

A new launch screen?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
The agressive expander achievement still only has 1 g :argh:

e: the new launcher is way slicker drat

Koramei fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 1, 2015

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
God drat both Nogai and Kazan have a 10+ development province. Now I need to find a hack to get my achievement going

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Revoke your core and raise it like any true nomad would.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

quadrophrenic posted:

Will CK2 conversions work in 1.14? Do they work now? When was the last time they worked?

I've never done one before, but I have a pretty neat CK2 game going on right now and I'd love to port it over.

I haven't checked it this time around, but the converter usually lags a bit behind EU4 patches before it's up and working again, and sometimes even then it's only working in a base technical sense.

My main complaint about this is that the Hashashin flag is OP and you can only get it through a converted game.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

lol

Having to restart the game for each new world is throwing a wrench in my "reload new worlds until I get a perfect one for my strategy" plan. I will say the reloads seem an awful lot faster than they used to be though.

e: aw sick the province name I suggested on twitter made it in :getin:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone pick up the Sabaton music pack, because holy poo poo.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Does it have a cover of Casus Belli?

MESSING WITH THE HRE, CASUS BELLI

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Already encountered some exciting new bugs - primary one is Ghost Monarch Points, spend points on an idea group? They do not go away! Apart from for the purpose of buying new ideas. For buying ideas your proper number of points is tracked but you have a bunch extra that the game happily allows you to spend on technology, development, etc.

Also tag resetting, I decided to start a game as Vinland (High American technology Norwegians with Norse religion who appeared as a 40 development country in the northern part of Not-America). Reload the save game and they are now the Cherokee, though still high tech and Norse.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is anyone else finding Horde unity impossible to manage?

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

I only had time to check out the launcher this morning, but I really liked what I saw. No more going into my documents to change from fullscreen to windowed or to change the resolution which is nice. Can't wait to see what was actually added in-game.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I keep wanting to buy this game every time there's a steam sale, but I know you need that DLC. Skipping Cossacks for now, and just getting the major expansions costs $45 on the big sale, which if it gave me as much joy as EU3 did, would be worth my money (except Divine Wind, why'd I buy that?), or its possible I'll open it up and decide that learning another Paradox game is beyond me, and never play again. When are we going to get EU4 (in)Complete so I can at least feel like I'm getting in at a reasonable price point and not missing anything essential?

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

Is anyone else finding Horde unity impossible to manage?

I had a lot of trouble keeping them under control as the Timurids, but I can't confirm whether that's a problem with the mechanics itself or just the Timurids being an exercise in putting out fires.

The pope better give me a goddamn meadal for colonizing this thing.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

Deport The Irish posted:

The pope better give me a goddamn meadal for colonizing this thing.

I've been playing around with Random New Worlds and I keep seeing that thing a lot. It kind of kills my buzz for it with the finite tiles. Hopefully the community will make a buttload. :smith:

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
This expansion has made the Timurids feel like an even bigger fire, and everything I do is like pouring petrol onto it.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Shovelmint posted:

I keep wanting to buy this game every time there's a steam sale, but I know you need that DLC. Skipping Cossacks for now, and just getting the major expansions costs $45 on the big sale, which if it gave me as much joy as EU3 did, would be worth my money (except Divine Wind, why'd I buy that?), or its possible I'll open it up and decide that learning another Paradox game is beyond me, and never play again. When are we going to get EU4 (in)Complete so I can at least feel like I'm getting in at a reasonable price point and not missing anything essential?

It's worth $65 (the $45 plus Cossacks - may as well get the expansion anyway, rather than re-relearn the game).

And we can't get "complete" because they keep doing expansions (which is a good thing), but you could get Extreme Edition which is like $16.

E: Nevermind, that's not what I thought it was.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 1, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any idea when Amazon will have it up for sale?

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
This is really dumb:

This is the exact opposite of really dumb:

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Lori posted:

This is really dumb:

:stare: They should have sent a poet.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

It's the seam of the world, where God stitched each end together.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
imagine the war over that main strip of colonial land in an MP game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's the Red Line, that small Cyprus-shaped island behind it is Raftel and is where One Piece is located.

• Locked thread