Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I like Roy, and Marisa's hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.

Onmi posted:

Old poll, I'm sure there's many upsetting things here.

An upsetting reminder of the way Eiji Kaneda draws limbs.

That said, I Like Roy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Better than 13 and 14's art

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Looper posted:

Better than 13 and 14's art

What the gently caress!?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what's wrong with the limbs

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

AND HER HAIR IS PINK.
The art style in 13 put me off at first, but I came to begrudgingly respect it. My dream design team would be Kozaki for the faces, and Senri Kita for non-dumb outfits.

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

AND HER HAIR IS PINK.

Manatee Cannon posted:

what's wrong with the limbs

Maybe it's not the limbs per se, but I always thought the official art for FE6 made some of the guys look a little stubby. And then the dude made dlc Ike and everything made sense.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hahaha. I forgot how Awakening Ike looked. :allears:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

Old poll, I'm sure there's many upsetting things here.

Japan apparently has some good fuckin taste in myrmidons is my takeaway from this

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

If we ignore the order and just take it as an incomplete "characters that are good" it's not a bad list at all, depending on your opinion of Roy, Ninian and maybe Eliwood.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

That list is a mix of both good (Eirika, Ephiraim, Hector, Lute) and bad (Roy, Eliwood) taste. It's OK.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

booksnake posted:

sure I'll get upset (ish)

Rutger and Marisa beating Lyn is some horseshit. Why is the one who gets an entire prologue section worth of mandatory character development less popular than the ones who basically don't talk because of their stoicness and poo poo

gently caress it's because people didn't like the forced tutorial isn't it

Or it's because if people only played one game and had to pick their favorite, those two have weaker competition than Hector, I guess
it's because lyn is kind of boring

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

Then why on Earth did they like Roy?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there are some interesting ideas in there and she has some supports that work but for the most part the game glosses over the most interesting parts of her character and has her be tsundere for hector

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

Then why on Earth did they like Roy?
iunno, roy isn't a bad character. he's cute and has some fun lines. everyone in this thread just played a really lovely translation where nobody had any personality, roy or otherwise.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Lyn is OK but not top 10, then again so is Eliwood so :shrug:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Roy is one of the only lords who could believably lead an army

Lyn has good critical hit animations and this is pretty much the most important criterion

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They added lyn's prologue in the us version, iirc.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

noooo...?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
they changed lyn's age in the US version, iirc

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

She's a myrmidon though and thus is actually super cool.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tae posted:

No, it was just skippable in the Japanese version if you linked a copy of Binding Blade.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I want to like Marisa but she's always gotten dismal STR rolls for me

I've never had a good marisa, especially when she's up against goddamn Joshua

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Roy sucking completely prevents me from liking him. At least his dad tends to err on the side of mediocrity

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Hivac posted:

Joshua really has avaliability going for him. Which is something that tends to be brought up, like for the longest time Sety with Holsety was considered "The best, why would it not be the best?" and he is great and I always go for him but Holsety Arthur is objectively better, due to having a horse and coming in the first chapter of the second generation.

Also as an aside, looking through Tumblr Emblem, I- and most other hackers I showed it too, took one positive from it. It sure as gently caress makes us feel more confident about our own writing. Because there's always that feeling, especially when you're working with existing characters like Bwd or Arch or Zahlman, that you wonder if you're loving up and can't smell your own poo poo. And then something like this comes along and it becomes a bright beacon of.... It's like that one Winnie the Pooh comic, when Piglet is feeling depressed so Pooh takes him to just stare at Eeore so he can feel better about himself.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So can I take this as confirmation that Erk is now agender?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Onmi posted:

Joshua really has avaliability going for him. Which is something that tends to be brought up, like for the longest time Sety with Holsety was considered "The best, why would it not be the best?" and he is great and I always go for him but Holsety Arthur is objectively better, due to having a horse and coming in the first chapter of the second generation.

Also as an aside, looking through Tumblr Emblem, I- and most other hackers I showed it too, took one positive from it. It sure as gently caress makes us feel more confident about our own writing. Because there's always that feeling, especially when you're working with existing characters like Bwd or Arch or Zahlman, that you wonder if you're loving up and can't smell your own poo poo. And then something like this comes along and it becomes a bright beacon of.... It's like that one Winnie the Pooh comic, when Piglet is feeling depressed so Pooh takes him to just stare at Eeore so he can feel better about himself.

Either Forseti!Arthur or Forseti!Ced is the best Forseti user.

(But we can all agree that the third candidate for Forseti is the worst of them all.)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

When did Ike replace his arm with a blade?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Butt Ghost posted:

When did Ike replace his arm with a blade?

Nanomachines.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Onmi posted:

Also as an aside, looking through Tumblr Emblem, I- and most other hackers I showed it too, took one positive from it. It sure as gently caress makes us feel more confident about our own writing
does your hack have any gay people in it

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Endorph posted:

Inquiring minds wish to know.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

*furrows brow*

*eyes narrow as I look at this post*

*nostrils flare in anger*

"is that a meme?!" I say as spittle flies from my mouth

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

AND HER HAIR IS PINK.

Onmi posted:

Restoration Queen was a really good idea with not so good execution, so it's really just a matter of overcoming the second part.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hivac posted:

marisa has always turned out a lot better than joshua for me, and thus I like her more

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Manatee Cannon posted:

marisa has always turned out a lot better than joshua for me, and thus I like her more

I had a Joshua once who still had 8 strength at level 20.

loving joshua.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zore posted:

I had a Joshua once who still had 8 strength at level 20.

loving joshua.

This is my Marisa and often Joshua. Every. loving. Time.

I also tend to have horrible luck with Vanessa. Tana usually turns out way better. I actually had a Vanessa who was worse than her loving sister aka Queen Mediocre. Even factoring in promotion bonuses, it was sad.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vanessa just has a bad strength growth compared to tana I think

you can kind of mitigate it by making her a wyvern knight, but pierce can only do so much

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but are there gay people in onmi's hack..

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
gay blood pacts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

General Morden posted:

gay blood pacts
legalized in all 50 states