Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Silver Chariot Requiem is loving awesome, in theory, and it looks cool

e: also, yes, the way hot pants goes out is completely obnoxious as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i do like the idea that stabbing yourself with the arrow again just gives your stand another power because you already have a stand, but stabbing the punchghost itself does really hosed up things

i just wish that the implementation of that latter idea was handled better

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I also like how gold experience requiem's power fits as a power up to what giorno could do before. Before, he could punch someone with enough life that they would experience everything in slow motion as their body has too much life in it and can't cope I guess or whatever, and unfortunately giorno forgets he can do this but the requiem ability feels like a callback to that since it punches diavolo with enough life to keep him perpetually in an unending state of death, always experiencing the pain of death and manipulating his soul and body to warp all over the world and continue to experience death for all of eternity

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope when they animate part 5 that they handle rolling stone differently because I already had problems with the ending of part 5, and then it goes into rolling stone which feels like the equivalent of if part 1 ended with jonathan fighting doobie, or 2 ended with joseph fighting donovan

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'd actually started typing something in a prior post about seeing a lot of potential in the rolling stone part after everything else that goes down. Pretty sure I've said the same sorta thing before in here, anyway.

I'm very tired right now so I can't think of the best way in which to describe it but I suspect that my affinity for it is more of a reach or is something filled in by my hope for what it'll be when it's re-translated. It's frustrating to look at it now and think "this should be really poignant, and I really want it to be, but it's not totally working just yet." I like the idea of it.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Rolling Stone feels like foreshadowing that was forgotten about until the end and they didn't want to waste created pages so they jimmied it up to also act as a sort of epilogue

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"There are some things I just kinda have fun drawing. Previously, I really enjoyed doing the character Polnareff's hairstyle, the original Jousuke's hairstyle, Killer Queen's whole design, and Soft & Wet's ears. Those sort of drawings where you draw them up with a "swish swish", I go "Ooh!" from the impression it gives myself. This time, I have a lot of fun drawing Yasuho-chan's skirt and don't want to let anyone else draw it, but whenever I do draw it, I always think the flowers on the skirt have got to feel lumpy on her butt so she can't sit down. Are you okay, Yasuho? I'm a little worried."

I love Araki
(JoJolion Vol 5 author comment)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wow, part 5 is much more existential than I initially thought. Not that the current translation conveys anything at all. With that being said, I have a better appreciation for it now. Also this is a vlog style video with a hipster-looking dude, so watch out I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc_udNXRtw

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC5fBN9Mvlo

Today's video is Pucci with C-Moon. We've not seen a single thing about this version because he was exempt from the tournament for having no partner.

Yesterday's was Josuke Part 4, which owned but he was playable in Demo 1 so it wasn't all too new.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADMg2bJW1vw

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Dec 1, 2015

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Okay drat, Pucci looks really rad. I was a little hesitant about them splitting him into two, but it seems worth it to flesh both of them out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pucci C-Moon/MiH seems really well made. Ascending to Made in Heaven changes his entire skill set and even his DHA. Great stuff.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgOh6vUcjKs

Tis the season, Jojos.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xWmKnsmSeM

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

well then.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Araki does it again.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I wasn't sure if it was ok to link the full thing (I mean, it's not translated anyway) but it looks interesting as always.

I love this:

Heaven's Door comes out of the closet

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 4, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I saw the whole thing too.
It's more Rohan involved than usual. Looks like a great one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gimme that poo poo and I'll translate it myself... On my next day off... When I'm not playing Xenoblade.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbbVnH1-i0w

Another tourney stream. Use the timeline preview to skip to the good stuff.
They show some Poker gameplay later on and some bonus DHA stuff

e: A talk through by the dude who translates the magazine scans for EoH about the Poker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvXO1HcbGg

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Dec 4, 2015

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Anime thread response: am i broken for liking the design on Diver Down?

I can't stand Annasui, though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like how annasui keeps getting dumped on because he's not a good person

Diver down has a cool design tho

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

annasui was mean to f.f. and is thus banished to the poo poo Zone

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Diver down is cool af, Annasui has some moments at the end but yeah, not a good brojo. Upon a re-read, part 6 also has a worrying lack of Hermes.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Annasui was Araki compensating for a career's worth of dropping the ball with female characters by condensing it into one poorly written dude.

The only bad thing about Hermes motherfucking Costello is that there wasn't enough of her

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
The only bad characters in part 6 are Annasui and Jotaro, but maaaaaaaan Annasui was a doozy and he had way too much screentime for having literally 0 character development. I didn't much care for Weather Report but at least his powers were interesting and had cool implications, whereas Annasui could just punch things through other things, which also eventually included people I guess.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought annasui was supposed to be the butt monkey who kept getting his rear end handed to him while occasionally getting to do cool stuff

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FF is Part 6's punching bag because she gave up her life for Annasui

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I didn't really mind Annasui but nothing about his character really made any sense. By the end, Diver Down was a completely different stand then it started as, and Annasui's whole reason for being in jail (being obsessed with taking things apart, including his girlfriend) is never brought up ever.

Would absolutely take Foo Fighters any day of the week over him though. Foo Fighters was my fav so of course Araki had to kill her..

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

FF is Part 6's punching bag because she gave up her life for Annasui

Foo Fighters didn't have to experience the effects of bohemian rhapsody

hmm

Actually I wonder how FF would experience bohemian rhapsody

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To this day, I still sometimes say "That poo poo ain't Disney" about things I disapprove of.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah Annasui really sucked, but I liked Weather Report a lot when I read Part 6. His Stand got to do crazy poo poo and his Mysterious Character Romance status went out the window once it's revealed he's actually a huge dick. He also gets a string of great fights. Creating his Original Character to beat Bohemian Rhapsody is amazing, he makes his opponent catch his own arm on fire by having his opponent punch through his clould Stand and the air resistance + friction sets it on fire, and his final fight with Pucci is killer.

Weather has Heavy Weather going constantly so Pucci removes the uses of his eyes with White Snake so he can't be turned into a snail then Weather counters by dropping the air temperature so the blood on the ground freezes and forms stalagmites that Pucci cant see it all in hopes of trying to impale him on them.

Part 6 has some real good poo poo.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 5, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Momomo posted:

I didn't really mind Annasui but nothing about his character really made any sense. By the end, Diver Down was a completely different stand then it started as, and Annasui's whole reason for being in jail (being obsessed with taking things apart, including his girlfriend) is never brought up ever.

When Weather is out picking up chicks he describes Annasui as a murderer to gently caress with him and ruin his chances with them. :colbert:

Anyway Annasui is the worst, which is why I enjoy him once they escape prison because he spends the rest of the series getting owned. He's terrible in the prison though, and FF definitely should have let him sacrifice himself instead of saving him.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Moltrey posted:

I liked Weather Report a lot when I read Part 6. His Stand got to do crazy poo poo and his Mysterious Character Romance status went out the window once it's revealed he's actually a huge dick.

Part 6 has some real good poo poo.

When Weather "wakes up" there's a real chance of him just snapping and going nuts and I love it. Also pucci hyping his apocalyptical final power did a lot to make him interesting.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Alopex posted:

Annasui was Araki compensating for a career's worth of dropping the ball with female characters by condensing it into one poorly written dude.

The only bad thing about Hermes motherfucking Costello is that there wasn't enough of her

The loving ending to Sportsmasters battle. That will never loose it's edge

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:stare:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

thats probablyu how its gonna be localized

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
"My sister was killed by a man named E.A. Sports."

"Behold my power, Challenge Everything."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just name him Sports! after the Tim & Eric song.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

"My sister was killed by a man named E.A. Sports."

"Behold my power, Challenge Everything."

i love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Bad Seafood posted: