Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Fejsze posted:

Ready the pitchforks and torches: I was not a big fan of Be Our Guest. The staff at the entrance were rude, part of our order was forgotten and took forever to finally show up, and the sandwich was very 'meh.'

However the decor was cool (west wing) and the "grey stuff" was super good. So a decent 6/10 overall.
This is almost exactly how I felt about BOG, except I thought the grey stuff, while good, wasn't even in the top five desserts I had during my last visit to WDW.

Staff outside was rude, server was nice but inattentive/too busy, and food took forever to arrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Is be our guest breakfast worth it for the breakfast (not on dining plan), or just for getting in early?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Is be our guest breakfast worth it for the breakfast (not on dining plan), or just for getting in early?

I think BOG is only ever worth it at dinner.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
All of our experiences have been the opposite. Food has arrived relatively quickly. I did complain about the fries and they changed one of the sandwiches last time where it looked like someone sat on it but overall we have been happy with the food. The staff outside is meh, understandably they are dealing with people that are pushy and aggravating as hell because they want to complain about not being able to walk in at their leisure to eat.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I looked at what people posted about breakfast there and it looked horribly overpriced.

I did breakfast at Sci-Fi Dine-In at HS and thought it was fantastic. Haven't done both, so can't compare, but would reccomend Sci-Fi on its own merits.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

demonR6 posted:

The staff outside is meh, understandably they are dealing with people that are pushy and aggravating as hell because they want to complain about not being able to walk in at their leisure to eat.

That's understandable, I did see quite a few people come up and be incredulous that they couldn't do walk-ups, so that would get tiring. But the condescension and aggressive refusal to check me in without my whole party (1 other person) standing directly in front of them (even though my I pointed to my sister who was taking pictures of Belle's house a whopping 15' behind me) set a sour mood going in, especially since once I checked in I still had to wait ~20 min to order, so what did it matter if I checked in 30 seconds before my party caught up to me?

Honestly, the attitude of the majority of employees has not been "magical" this trip. I've made sure to go to guest relations and complement the ones who have gone out of their way to be kind or do special things, but I'm not used to that being the extreme rarity it has been this trip.

Maybe it's a little burnout from 9 days of unexpectedly crowded parks, but if my first two trips had been even remotely like this I don't know if this one would have happened at all. It's a shame.

Mudcrab Merchant
Dec 28, 2008

Please pay in exact change.
Breakfast is way overpriced, but I did really enjoy the food.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I was underwhelmed with the wait to order food at BOG as well. I definitely prefer the pre-order online option as I've done it both ways before. I really like the food there. The braised pork with potatoes is really good. I didn't have any experience with rude CMs but my friend did. She saw how a CM dealt with some teenagers with Down Syndrome that got separated from their group. The CM was literally making fun of the way the kids talked and telling them she couldn't help them. My friend stepped in and also alerted management.

And of course, we had a run in with management due to my son's knee incident. Everyone was beyond polite and helpful, especially the PhotoPass photographer who was standing right next to us when it happened. After my son was ok, I had an adrenaline drop and started crying from the stress of the situation. This kind woman just kept hugging me and telling me everything was going to be ok. She was wonderful as was the other photographer that jumped in the planter and was talking with my son to keep him calm.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Fejsze posted:

That's understandable, I did see quite a few people come up and be incredulous that they couldn't do walk-ups, so that would get tiring. But the condescension and aggressive refusal to check me in without my whole party (1 other person) standing directly in front of them (even though my I pointed to my sister who was taking pictures of Belle's house a whopping 15' behind me) set a sour mood going in, especially since once I checked in I still had to wait ~20 min to order, so what did it matter if I checked in 30 seconds before my party caught up to me?

I agree with you 100%.. their reason for wanting the entire party ready is just so they can shovel you in and out of a restaurant that is usually very busy. As a former server, it was really lovely when they sat an incomplete party where someone inevitably showed up ten minutes late and threw me into a spin because no one wanted to order while they waited for that rear end in a top hat Frank who was getting his rear end in a top hat waxed for Friday night partying. Mostly every restaurant now even off property will not sit you until the entire party is there. We had that happen for my in-laws birthday dinner and just recently for our department lunch at Capital Grille. Either way they should never have had an attitude though and should have explained. Definitely no excuse having to wait 20 minutes to order. The last three visits to BOG we pre-ordered and the food was there within a few minutes of us being seated.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I think my only problem with BOG was not having a clue where the silverware was at all. I had my rose and was looking for a seat, and waited for someone to clean the table - and idly chatted with them, but realized after I had nothing to eat with and no clue where to look. I do wish there was a place setting on the tables - but it was lunch so maybe that's why. I had a better clue when I went back there for breakfast. I don't think I would repeat the experience next time with a group, but if it was just me, probably I would get an ADR.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Lunch is more akin to herding cattle at BOG.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

So despite the GR bullshit, insane crowds, and my body fully giving up after 10 days (I no longer posess visibile ankles, my calf completely locked up this morning, and I'm pretty sure I have trench foot) I really don't want to go home.

On the ME bus now, already trying to figure out when I can swing another trip...

Big thanks to Braksgirl for helping me plan and book the trip. Made the process super stress free, and everything ended up going much smoother than if I'd booked it all myself.

Fejsze fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 21, 2015

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

It was my pleasure to help! Operation: Get Goons To Disney is going still strong. :D

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Braksgirl posted:

It was my pleasure to help! Operation: Get Goons To Disney is going still strong. :D

Is it horrible that I'm picturing 'Operation Dumbo Drop' as the movie this would most resemble?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Why? Have you seen my Photopass pics?

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Braksgirl posted:

Why? Have you seen my Photopass pics?

Nope, just mine :-P

E: Also, I'm picturing you as Donald Glover in this scenario. I'm a strange man.

Fejsze fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 22, 2015

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Fejsze posted:

Nope, just mine :-P

E: Also, I'm picturing you as Donald Glover in this scenario. I'm a strange man.

People have told me how much we resemble each other.

So...I'm just throwing this out there. I know we have a few CMs and APs/locals here. Y'all all probably know that I run a blog and podcast about Disney with some of my friends and I'm looking for some new posts for that. I was wondering if any CMs would want to give me some tips that you wish every guest knew about. It needs to be family friendly and I can either credit you or not, depending on your preference. It doesn't have to be anything shocking, just as a CM, what could a guest do to make your life easier?

Also, is there a topic that someone would like covered that they'd be willing to share?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
If trip is on the 4th and my luggage tags havent come yet does that mean my roommates lost them?

edit: oh... they sent mine to my friend. wweeirrrddd

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

There's been a lot of issues with the luggage tags lately. I put your address in when I set it up initially so I don't know why they sent them to her.

You can still let DME handle your luggage if you want. You just need to get a baggage claim ticket from your originating airport when you check your bag. When you get to Orlando, go to the DME area and give them that baggage claim ticket. They'll pick up your bags for you. Or you can get your bags yourself and bring them to the DME loading area. Either way.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Im going to handle my own bag.

I just like the tags. My old one broke :[

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Braksgirl posted:

So...I'm just throwing this out there. I know we have a few CMs and APs/locals here. Y'all all probably know that I run a blog and podcast about Disney with some of my friends and I'm looking for some new posts for that. I was wondering if any CMs would want to give me some tips that you wish every guest knew about. It needs to be family friendly and I can either credit you or not, depending on your preference. It doesn't have to be anything shocking, just as a CM, what could a guest do to make your life easier?

Also, is there a topic that someone would like covered that they'd be willing to share?

Feel free to PM me and I will be happy to contribute in any way I can.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
How do I tell which Universal park has early entry for people staying on site?

Im staying offsite, and therefore want to hit rope drop at the *other* park

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Their Guest Services number is 407-224-4233. They don't post the hours on their website for that.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Braksgirl posted:

My CM buddy can get you some people who work in Guest Relations if you want to shoot me a PM with your info.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Fejsze posted:

Ready the pitchforks and torches: I was not a big fan of Be Our Guest. The staff at the entrance were rude, part of our order was forgotten and took forever to finally show up, and the sandwich was very 'meh.'

However the decor was cool (west wing) and the "grey stuff" was super good. So a decent 6/10 overall.

Oh man, totally agree. Lunch at BOG was a poo poo show when I went at Halloween. Although the worst part was the staff when you order. This woman named Marty berated us and our friends for ordering in an order she didn't prefer. She barked at our friend, "I need your entree, appetizer and dessert!" Then my wife asked for a manager, explained why Marty was being a bitch and she was relocated to a non-ordering station for the rest of her shift.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Is the credit card I put down for my hotel room incidentals linked to my MB?

Cause I don't want to be able to pay with my MB. Or at least i want to be aware that I can

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

BlueBayou posted:

Cause I don't want to be able to pay with my MB. Or at least i want to be aware that I can

Best to check with the front desk about this. They can set it so your MB won't be able to pay for things.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

BlueBayou posted:

I set mine up with the front desk when I checked in, it didn't have anything linked when I arrived by default.

Curious why you don't want to pay with MB, it made things super convenient.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Fejsze posted:

I set mine up with the front desk when I checked in, it didn't have anything linked when I arrived by default.

Curious why you don't want to pay with MB, it made things super convenient.

Hrm... true.

I guess Im worried about sticker shock at the end

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

BlueBayou posted:

Hrm... true.

I guess Im worried about sticker shock at the end

As long as you keep track of what you're spending (you get receipts with every MB transaction) there shouldn't be much sticker shock.

I do wish there was a way to view your current MB balance through the MyDisneyExperience app.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

nimper posted:

As long as you keep track of what you're spending (you get receipts with every MB transaction) there shouldn't be much sticker shock.

I do wish there was a way to view your current MB balance through the MyDisneyExperience app.

That would be very handy. I just went by the front desk every few days and asked for a folio and double checked the charges. Still ended up adding up way quick, but I don't think I spent anything because I had the magic band that I wouldn't have otherwise.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Friends went to Biergarten at EC for Thanksgiving, they go every year.. Normally is $21 adults, $15 for children this year they get the bill and they decided to charge $40/pp no Vaseline. They would not honor the annual passholder discount either. Same menu, no indication of the price. Bravo Disney. Ooh yeah, also he does a vlog for a website that does reviews on Disney.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

demonR6 posted:

Friends went to Biergarten at EC for Thanksgiving, they go every year.. Normally is $21 adults, $15 for children this year they get the bill and they decided to charge $40/pp no Vaseline. They would not honor the annual passholder discount either. Same menu, no indication of the price. Bravo Disney. Ooh yeah, also he does a vlog for a website that does reviews on Disney.

Biergarten is 37.99 for adults and 19.99 for children. A very quick Google found that. On top of that, on Disney's site itself, it says annual passholder discount is not available on special events: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/dining-discounts/

Sounds like your friends need to do better research if they are vlogs for a Disney review site.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Uh, yeah, the buffets have all been around ~40 a head for dinner for a while.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Yeah the cheapest buffet is Trails End and that one is like 27.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

We did Ohana a few weeks ago and even with my friend's Tables In Wonderland discount it was still $30 each. It was breakfast so not technically a buffet, but still.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I knew AP discounts are not available on holidays or special events, I pointed that out because we learned that a couple of years ago when we tried using them on a holiday at one of the restaurants. I also mentioned this to the wife who works with the guy about the pricing on the buffets. You would think he would know though because they go every week.. twice in fact, once with the kids and a second day for the vlog! I need to get into that racket he gets invited to special events and other neat stuff. Doesn't get paid a dime to do it but still free anything I will take.

Braks how was Ohana? We want to go there for my birthday coming up..

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
I haven't been to biergarten in a few years and even then it was around $40/person. It's alright on dining plan but I wouldn't pay that much normally to have a kinda awkward meal with a bunch of people I don't know.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

demonR6 posted:

Braks how was Ohana? We want to go there for my birthday coming up..
Not Braksgirl, but... Which meal?

Ohana is freaking amazing for dinner, probably my second favorite after Restaurant Marrakesh. Don't know about breakfast - we ate breakfast next door at Kona Cafe instead, which was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Am going to Ohanna for my B-day dinner on Monday

Can't contain excitement

:D