Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
Some festive cranberry sauce sludge from a workplace Thanksgiving luncheon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

They don't make menses loaf like they used to.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Ulfhednar posted:

Some festive cranberry sauce sludge from a workplace Thanksgiving luncheon

This looks infinitely deep and reminds me of the final scene in Terminator 2 when they lower Arnold into the lava.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Fit & Active indeed

twoday posted:

This looks infinitely deep and reminds me of the final scene in Terminator 2 when they lower Arnold into the lava.

It wasn't lava, you meathead.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My favorite part was when Evil Terminator and Good Terminator argued with each other about stealing the ring

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Data Graham posted:

My favorite part was when Evil Terminator and Good Terminator argued with each other about stealing the ring

Not as good as the part where the Good Terminator discovered the power was within him all along, and, with the help of his friends, he could unlock the happiness hidden away in the realm.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Ulfhednar posted:

Some festive cranberry sauce sludge from a workplace Thanksgiving luncheon.

Why cant people just make cranberry relish in a food processor and be done with it? It takes all of 10 minutes to make an absurd amount of the stuff and requires no cooking.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Minarchist posted:

Why cant people just make cranberry relish in a food processor and be done with it? It takes all of 10 minutes to make an absurd amount of the stuff and requires no cooking.

I know a guy that makes it with chopped cranberries, lemon juice, and probably some sugar too. Low heat on a pan. It's seriously awesome. Smoke turkey with cranberry sauce and a cheese like Havarti makes an awesome sandwich.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Minarchist posted:

Because, Khorne prefers his dishes done the old fashioned way.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Even cooked cranberry sauce is overall about twenty minutes, never above medium. I've made it three times in two weeks, I can't get enough.

I don't understand how anyone could decide to make something for other people while OBVIOUSLY being horrible at it. Just make something else, if you possibly loving can.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Kibble and stitched flesh, my favorite.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
No pizza rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpxBe6Amhk

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm more of a Pizza Goering, but I feel that there might need to be some pizza rules.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The perfect leftover turkey sandwich has some very specific qualifications:

Maybe doesn't belong in this thread (not for me certainly), but it probably does for some people so you're welcome

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Horrid

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Add some loose corn and we can talk

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Maybe it's because I like a subway sandwich with tuna, olives and banana peppers... but I'd hit it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Data Graham posted:

Maybe doesn't belong in this thread (not for me certainly), but it probably does for some people so you're welcome

If you could fit that in your mouth without spilling everything out, I can see the turkey being redundant. All those pickle slices and olives would totally overwhelm the meat.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Data Graham posted:

What the gently caress, if you tip this sandwich half the toppings are coming off. Many already have. poo poo design. F-

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I removed them for the demonstration photo :colbert:

Structural containment isn't that big an issue if you're attentive. The secret lies in not ever putting it down once you've taken the first bite. Even if this happens:

:buddy: Ah sandwich, at last you are mine

:byodame: And here at the end of our tour is our development department. This is Data Graham.

;-* :) ;-* :) ;-* :) Hello

:buddy: Welcome aboard *toasts with sandwich, shakes everyone's hand southpawed*

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

I removed them for the demonstration photo :colbert:

Structural containment isn't that big an issue if you're attentive. The secret lies in not ever putting it down once you've taken the first bite. Even if this happens:

:buddy: Ah sandwich, at last you are mine

:byodame: And here at the end of our tour is our development department. This is Data Graham.

;-* :) ;-* :) ;-* :) Hello

:buddy: Welcome aboard *toasts with sandwich, shakes everyone's hand southpawed*

If I was on a tour and it ended with you eating that sandwich I would not be pleased

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Brawnfire posted:

What the gently caress, if you tip this sandwich half the toppings are coming off. Many already have. poo poo design. F-

The pickles are so dry that they can actually resist the sheer stresses involved with sandwich tipping. A-

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

If I was on a tour and it ended with you eating that sandwich I would not be pleased

Ya don't gotta be crazy to work here... but it helps!!! Ha! Ha! *bites massively into sandwich, pickles and olives drop to the floor with a soft plp, plp*

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

I want a slice of that. It's crazy as hell, but I'd get up in there. Not a meat likers, it's a meat lovers pizza.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EZipperelli posted:

Just saw this beauty in the freezer section of Wal-Mart:

:barf:

I literally just had these a few days ago, they're actually not bad. They're just mozzarella poppers with Dorito crumbs on the outside.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
A mexican place just settled near where I live, which is kind of unique since in general Mexican stuff is kind of rare to get here.
I tried their singular burrito which was already pretty loving big, but good (and as belgian take-aways goes, comes with fries), and by local standards really cheap.

They also offer a "Senor Gigante" - the giant burrito. They dont actually have any advertising pictures, but I am getting one of those tomorrow and will report with pictures.

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 00:05 on Dec 2, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fishstick posted:

A mexican place just settled near where I live, which is kind of unique since in general Mexican stuff is kind of rare to get here.
I tried their singular burrito which was already pretty loving big, but good (and as belgian take-aways goes, comes with fries)

They also offer a "Senor Gigante" - the giant burrito. They dont actually have any advertising pictures, but I am getting one of those tomorrow and will report with pictures.

On the way home from vacation yesterday we stopped at a gas station somewhere in Georgia and they had a refrigerated giant burrito for sale. I don't remember the name (it was a pun like Granderito or Giagantirito or something like that), but it was about the size and shape of my forearm between the wrist and elbow.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

On the way home from vacation yesterday we stopped at a gas station somewhere in Georgia and they had a refrigerated giant burrito for sale. I don't remember the name (it was a pun like Granderito or Giagantirito or something like that), but it was about the size and shape of my forearm between the wrist and elbow.

I checked this place out for the first time ever earlier today, and their normal beef burrito was about that size. It was actuallly good though - fresh salad, tomatoes, good sour cream, and obviously the random loose beans and corn.
And since belgian it came with lovely fries.

Looking forward to that gigante tomorrow.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah too much mayo but done right those are basically top tier sandwiches

This on the other hand...

I feel like if an employee served that in Disney world they'd be drug out back and flogged

Not gonna lie, spreading nutella / peanut butter & sliced bananas on brown sugar cinnamon pop-tarts is dope.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I would also eat the bacon + egg pop-tart as well, if it skipped the American cheese.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I would also eat the bacon + egg pop-tart as well, if it skipped the American cheese.

What, are you a communist?

Turds on kale.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Fishstick posted:

Turds on kale.

Turds on cabbage.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

tribbledirigible posted:

Turds on cabbage.

Trouble and Eek.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Fishstick posted:

Turds on kale.

You are a lucky person to have never even seen kale.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I'm reporting live from the intersection of aspic/terrines and the Hot Dog wars. I present to you:

The Chicago Hot Dog Terrine

Here is the disgusting recipe if you Hot Dog Hitlers want to give it a go.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Eponine posted:

I'm reporting live from the intersection of aspic/terrines and the Hot Dog wars. I present to you:

The Chicago Hot Dog Terrine

Here is the disgusting recipe if you Hot Dog Hitlers want to give it a go.

:3: I like the bee.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

cash crab posted:

:3: I like the bee.

How dare you mention the bee and not the adorable penguin?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

OctoberBlues posted:

How dare you mention the bee and not the adorable penguin?

:ohdear: I got excited about the bee and forgot to mention it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Looks like that birds and the bees talk ended in an abortion.

• Locked thread