Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

ghetto wormhole posted:

What's the word on the netcode/tick rate now? Any better? I did all the Situations quick but I have to write a paper so I haven't had the chance to do any PvP matches.

Same as beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Robo Reagan posted:

is the game still a buggy piece of poo poo because if not it's going to own

I've got stuck totally unable to move, it started a round only spawning one player on a team so it was 1v5 and it gives you 0 xp and 0 renown if you get stomped.

newmans_owned
Nov 26, 2015

Home Of The Hottest WADs On The Net
if you buy a copy of this on Green Man Gaming, is it purely a Uplay-only key or does it work with Steam? the asking price is considerably reduced if you buy it from GMG.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

newmans_owned posted:

if you buy a copy of this on Green Man Gaming, is it purely a Uplay-only key or does it work with Steam? the asking price is considerably reduced if you buy it from GMG.

Pretty sure they're just Uplay keys, or it would list Steam as the DRM as well. Steam will launch Uplay regardless for Ubi games so it's not like there's a way to avoid it.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Only way to get non-steamworks games on Steam is by buying them on Steam. I'm pretty sure there are no exceptions.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 1, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Publishers/Developers who have their games on Steam can give out Steam keys even for non-Steamworks game. But it pretty much only happens with indie games where the main distribution platform still ends up being Steam.

As far as UPlay games go, acquiring the game through Steam is the only option.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Am I wrong or did they remove the little speaker icon and name that appears when people talk? It was buggy before and showed the wrong name half the time anyway, but now it's even more difficult to mute the Russian guy in every game with an open mic.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Working fine for me.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Has Ubisoft commented on network latency?

The biggest threads in the official forums and reddit are solely regarding network performance. Yet, for whatever reason it's turned into an argument with self-proclaimed network engineers proclaiming there's more too it than just tick rate and we must be downloading something!

Of course, this isn't true, our pings are low and every other game CSGO, Battlefield have increased their tick rates. Yet, Ubisoft development is completely mute on the matter. Way to be involved in the community guys!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Got this for free with my new video card, though I have next to no one on my uplay list because :steam:

Feel free to add me, Handsome Ralph

I usually play evenings in EST.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 5, 2015

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

shalcar posted:

I'm playing on PC and the game is forcing me to some sort of controller scheme where I have no mouse and all the prompts are for controller buttons when I don't even have a controller plugged in. I can't even get into the options menu because it's mapped to some trigger button with no way to navigate there.

Is this normal? Can I force it to mouse and keyboard somehow or is this just another Ubisoft thing?

The game thinks you've got a gamepad plugged in. Check your windows controls thingy to see if Windows also thinks you've got a gamepad plugged in.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Handsome Ralph posted:

Got this for free with my new video card, though I have next to no one on my uplay list because :steam:

Feel free to add me, whodares86

I usually play evenings in EST.

Just check out the Camping The Stairs Mumble, we have a channel Rainbow Six Siege

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Scoss posted:

I have a 360 controller plugged in and had no such issue, fwiw. Unless you're talking about like, flight sticks, in which case that's a weird bug!

This happens if I touch my racing wheel all the time. It's very annoying.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Someone tell me the latency is fixed and I'm free to spend my money.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Great Beer posted:

This happens if I touch my racing wheel all the time. It's very annoying.

having my flight stick, rudder pedals or things like that plugged in will cause tons of issues with various games.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Just wanted to say that most of the Operator videos are pretty dope.

I think my favorites are Fuze, Castle, and Doc so far. Blitz has a pretty terrible operator video, but I'm just going to assume his was a joke video.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

You should always bum rush shield guys and melee them. Knocks the shield away and then you shoot.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Revitalized posted:

Just wanted to say that most of the Operator videos are pretty dope.

I think my favorites are Fuze, Castle, and Doc so far. Blitz has a pretty terrible operator video, but I'm just going to assume his was a joke video.

Twitch and Sledges are terrible. Sledges is entirely him sucking at his one job. :v:

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

afkmacro posted:

You should always bum rush shield guys and melee them. Knocks the shield away and then you shoot.

Move towards them whilst shooting, it will knock them about long enough for you to close the distance.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

afkmacro posted:

This is a terrible idea that will largely get you killed.

Just throw a C4 charge instead. Kill the shield guy and his teammate using him as cover.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
nvm i can read

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Vengarr posted:

This is a terrible idea that will largely get you killed.

Just throw a C4 charge instead. Kill the shield guy and his teammate using him as cover.

Not in casual :smug:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Now it said 0xp 0 renown to both me and my frtend for a victory :confused:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
How does this work on the Bone?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
This game is a loving blast with goons.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

sbaldrick posted:

How does this work on the Bone?

Wondering this as well from any other console plebs in the house.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Situations are easy renown alongside the 800 free tutorial renown. You can set yourself up with 2 attackers and 2 defenders in 30 minutes or so by playing the first 5 or 6 situations and getting all of the alt. objectives.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Charles Martel posted:

Wondering this as well from any other console plebs in the house.

I bought it on PS4. game owns.

Matchmaking and latency seem fine to me. Not too many weird deaths/kills this morning but there were a few out of the dozen or so matches I played. Also the terrorist hunt where you have to defend a hostage for 4 waves is the best one.

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Got this on ps4. I suck right now. Gonna finish the situations later before I try online.

Anyone else's gold weapon skin pack code not working? Mine is coming up used or invalid.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

flickmaker posted:

Anyone else's gold weapon skin pack code not working? Mine is coming up used or invalid.

Mine did a few times too. Eventually it worked when I redeemed it from inside the game's shop option.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

I never played the beta but I'm super hyped to play another rainbow six game. If any Xbone goons want to play my GT is 'Paroxysmal K'

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ah gently caress it, bought it based on seeing people I've enjoyed playing BF4 with post in this thread. Looking forward to some tacticlol.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

The Russian guy with the machine gun has the best intro video I've found so far. Any other good ones? This is how I choose unlocks.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

AbortRetryFail posted:

The Russian guy with the machine gun has the best intro video I've found so far. Any other good ones? This is how I choose unlocks.

He's also pretty good in game, surprisingly. He is the definition of "overwhelming firepower."

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

AbortRetryFail posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpXAznOgiCg

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Still have a spreadsheet for Siegefolks, although that was more for the beta. Can update it or make a new one.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Anyone on XB1 having an issue of not being able to find a single game?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Interstellar Owl posted:

Anyone on XB1 having an issue of not being able to find a single game?

Matchmaking will probably be hosed until at least tomorrow, pro game is to get some buds together and run private thunt probably

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Matchmaking will probably be hosed until at least tomorrow, pro game is to get some buds together and run private thunt probably

Last night at launch I was having no issue finding matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Why does this game keep putting me in Brazilian servers? How do I change my region?

• Locked thread