Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Lori posted:

This is the exact opposite of really dumb:

This got even better when I looked at the name. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
On the other hand, here's something amazing the Random New World can come up with. It's taken me a lot of tries to get something this fantastic, but I absolutely love it :allears:

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
There is a wierd button on the troop interface with no tooltip. It also shows up on the fleet interface and seems to overlap with some of the text there. I can't see that it has any function for me in my game as Milan. Anyone know what it is?

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

The icon for the animist religion makes this even better somehow :allears:

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Mygna posted:

The icon for the animist religion makes this even better somehow :allears:

How are you able to see the RNW? It's just fog of war for me on the nation selection screen.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Lori posted:

On the other hand, here's something amazing the Random New World can come up with. It's taken me a lot of tries to get something this fantastic, but I absolutely love it :allears:

I can't quite make it out, what's that blue blob? And do either of them have interesting national ideas or whatnot?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Sistergodiva posted:

How are you able to see the RNW? It's just fog of war for me on the nation selection screen.

In options you can select no Terra Incognita in lobby.

The coolness of this procedural generation gives me a lot of hope for Stellaris, even if there is no actual sharing of tech involved.

Also, does anyone know what DLC gives out the new advisors? Cossacks content pack doesn't seem to do it.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

Hryme posted:

There is a wierd button on the troop interface with no tooltip. It also shows up on the fleet interface and seems to overlap with some of the text there. I can't see that it has any function for me in my game as Milan. Anyone know what it is?
It looks like it might have to do with natives or Horde looting, but I'm not sure.

Sistergodiva posted:

Disable Terra Incognita in the lobby.

Tomn posted:

I can't quite make it out, what's that blue blob? And do either of them have interesting national ideas or whatnot?

Burning Empire. No, not really. :smith:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Holy poo poo, Sabaton DLC.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holy poo poo.

HOLY poo poo

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

:downsbravo:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Paradox, you magnificent bastard.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OK so they changed the way messages work when they pause the game, so that they automatically unpause the game when you dismiss them, and I find that really annoying. Is there some option to change it back to the way it used to work, or do I just have to deal with it?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Funky Valentine posted:

Holy poo poo.

HOLY poo poo

That's a hell of a reference. I also see Vinland on the western continent, is it possible to have the crazy scenarios and stuff on the normal new world map?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

OK so they changed the way messages work when they pause the game, so that they automatically unpause the game when you dismiss them, and I find that really annoying. Is there some option to change it back to the way it used to work, or do I just have to deal with it?

Try the custom message settings where you previously set if an event would pause your game or not? This will seriously annoy me too if we can't remove it. That, and all the bugs that come with a new patch...

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I thought they changed that with 1.13 nonbeta patch, my game has been annoying me in that way for at least a few weeks. I'd also like to be able to revert to the previous behavior if there's a way.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

e: nevermind.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 1, 2015

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I don't get it, what's the reference?

Also, found a bug straight off the bat, some of the unique nations that can happen in a fantasy setting are "noculture" instead of being, say, Norwegian in the case of Vinland, or maybe they wanted to go with Vinlandian? Vinlandic? Vinnish? Who knows, but they ain't got cultures.

Edit:

Nvm, they have norwegian as their primary culture, but you have the option of changing them to noculture for some reason? I don't know why.

fishception fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 1, 2015

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
It used to be that your game would stay paused after you dismiss a popup, now it unpauses automatically.

Has anyone had any luck with the new fort models? I console commanded my way to getting them with a few teams and they look identical to the old ones, are they just bugged?

e: I def have them too:

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Trying to get first come first serve but it seems like the estates don't play well if your capital is an island? My capital is in the Caribbean and the Caribbean is in North America but for some reason the merchant guilds don't think they have any territory. The blue in the second picture is them.

I've let months tick over but they're still at 0% territory. I'm not sure why the clergy and nobility know they have territory but the merchants don't.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 1, 2015

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
I'm pretty disappointed that merchant republics don't get estates but at least you can form Italy as a republic now

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Pretty happy with that to be honest, they were pretty objectively the best form of government before, with all sorts of bonuses other types don't get. It'll even them out a bit if they don't get estates.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Koramei posted:

Pretty happy with that to be honest, they were pretty objectively the best form of government before, with all sorts of bonuses other types don't get. It'll even them out a bit if they don't get estates.

So do estates seem to be more of a buff than a burden?

They concern me as throwing a serious wrench in the works of building big.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
wiz, I think you gave the dlc the wrong name

this isn't the cossacks, this is the rebels

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

JerikTelorian posted:

So do estates seem to be more of a buff than a burden?

They concern me as throwing a serious wrench in the works of building big.

I haven't built up to a huge empire yet but I think it'll be okay. Adding provinces as you conquer isn't very hard (it's just another part of the core/autonomy/missionary/rebels etc steps), the main trouble about them is managing the interactions and events, and I don't think those will get any (or much, at least) more complicated at a huge size vs being small. The hardest part about them I think is that they've been integrated into a ton of the normal events- peasants are getting uppity, enforcing serfdom gives nobles influence. Promising trader gives burghers influence, etc. So you can't just stick the estates in their own corner of the game and optimize it there, they will demand your attention pretty constantly and get impacted by other things you're doing.

And the bonuses can be huge. Half price advisers whenever you want them, decent generals, free points, manpower, money etc. It'll probably be confusing as hell for all of us for a while, but once we get used to their events and work out when the right time is to get the bonuses, estates will be extremely strong. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and it really is a pretty good thing to do in the frequent downtime the game gives you.

The DLC seems pretty great so far. I'm kind of eh about the random new world as it is right now; the tiles get repetitive, not enough island chains, not enough super continents etc, but the foundation for it is super solid this time around so modders and future patches will sort that out and then some I'm sure. The UI changes make the game feel a lot more polished (although there are a few buggy parts), the diplomatic feedback is amazing, and I'm very glad that hordes still seem fun to play, and potentially powerful but still hard.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 1, 2015

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
I'd just like to say the Sabaton DLC owns, everyone go buy it now.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Welp I totally forgot this was coming out today and forgot to schedule PTO and was completely unaware of anything related to Sabaton being in it. Four more hours till I can dick around in random new worlds and headbang to DEATH IN THE SHAPE OF A COSSACK BATALLION

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
alright giving the new DLC a try and I've already gotten into trouble with the estates, with the clergy gaining over 80% then seizing control of the entire nation...I want to knock them down below the threshold but I don't see a mechanic to do that. Anyone have any ideas on how to lower their influence by choice or do I have to wait a period of time for it all to go away.

Also Sabatron music pack owns bones.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

If there's one thing I wish for, it's some function to let me "lock in" or favorite a RNW seed to use across multiple playthroughs. I just generated a really awesome looking one on an Ironman game I want to give up on and would like to use it for a playthrough that isn't going to totally suck.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Bravo, paradox

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Do rebels that hold onto provinces for long enough eventually force their demands? I've got these revolutionary rebels that want to change me into a Constitutional Republic (yes please) before 1550, and I have no way of getting them to the rest of my provinces.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Rebels can transport themselves without a fleet I think

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Also how do you give Estates more land? My Clergy is sitting at 0/10% and I have no idea how to give them more land.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a youtube video or something showing off the new music pack. I don't have my PC properly set up so I won't be buying the DLC for a while anyway, but I like to try and do a preview of the music packs when I can

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

gfanikf posted:

Any idea when Amazon will have it up for sale?

Also curious about this since I've got a lot of credit I'd like to use.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
It's a few Sabaton songs, kind of a "Best Of" collection. Extremely jarring when you're listening to nice calming doodling on an acoustic guitar and then Gustavus Adolphus comes on.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Christopher Lee Crusader Kings 2 Music Pack when?

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Also how do you give Estates more land? My Clergy is sitting at 0/10% and I have no idea how to give them more land.

The production tab has an Estates section you can assign provinces with.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Open the building tab for a province. There's a estate section there.

Anyone know what the icon with like an eye and a house is, above the row with forced march, etc?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's a few Sabaton songs, kind of a "Best Of" collection. Extremely jarring when you're listening to nice calming doodling on an acoustic guitar and then Gustavus Adolphus comes on.

Oh, like literal Sabaton songs? I thought they would be original pieces for the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Click on a province and open the window that shows the buildings in the province. There should be an estates button below the buildings. e: This is also where you can revoke the province if it already belongs to an estate, so you can lower their influence to avoid them taking over.

Staltran fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 1, 2015

• Locked thread