Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

sassassin posted:

Swtor has a better story because you're never made to wash dishes as part of the essential quest line.

There are a few noteworthy highlights, but this is how 90% of the Swtor quests play out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
It's been awhile since I played KOTOR but I'm pretty sure even that game had a handful dumb "kill 10 wamprats" or "collect bear wookie asses" quests

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's been awhile since I played KOTOR but I'm pretty sure even that game had a handful dumb "kill 10 wamprats" or "collect bear wookie asses" quests

Collect the skulls of 10 relatively innocent or defenseless-by-comparison mortals to further the agenda of your master

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
So I solved my problem -- turns out in middle earth failed to queue means your account is effed and requires some resolution or use a different account...go figure.

Now I am getting error 201 and trying to reinstall using steam. Man, why am I trying so hard :iiam:

Reinstalled using steam -- all problems solved. Now who wants to run through middle earth?

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 27, 2015

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

DigitalMocking posted:

Its been a while.

drat, did you buy it at launch, play for half a year and never come back even for free to play? What level are you? Welcome back, feel free to post your char name or whatever server you're on for free stuff and help if you need any.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

extra stout posted:

drat, did you buy it at launch, play for half a year and never come back even for free to play? What level are you? Welcome back, feel free to post your char name or whatever server you're on for free stuff and help if you need any.

That's pretty much exactly what happened.

Bunch of wow friends hopped over, started playing, all went back to wow. My character won't load for some reason, so I'm rolling new on Landroval this weekend.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hammerstein posted:

There are a few noteworthy highlights, but this is how 90% of the Swtor quests play out.

When was the last time you played swtor? The 'kill x things' quests tend to be bonuses you can ignore on the way to clicking on 3 consoles surrounded by those things.

Murder is rarely necessary, just borderline unavoidable.

Lotro on the other hand will make you kill innocent deer before you can save Helm's Deep.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

sassassin posted:

Lotro on the other hand will make you kill innocent deer before you can save Helm's Deep.

:airquote:

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Silverload is open to transfers tomorrow, y'all.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

alucinor posted:

Silverload is open to transfers tomorrow, y'all.

So is our kin leader going to be ready to transfer the Nazgun in the morning? Sounds like we're free to go to Landroval since I haven't heard anything about it filling up.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ruffz posted:

So is our kin leader going to be ready to transfer the Nazgun in the morning? Sounds like we're free to go to Landroval since I haven't heard anything about it filling up.

If your join date in the kin matters to any of you then wait for the kin to go first, if not then go whenever and ask for a re-invite. Not sure if Denethor is going to be around soon or not. Make sure you click not just the characters you want but also the account shared stuff, it includes mithril coins and other expensive/valuable in game currencies.

edit

Also I just caught this, you wouldn't happen to be Ithorin, same name with one letter off, who I have marked as "gear crafter" on my friends list and hasn't been online since it was level 65, would you? I think the char was a captain.

SUPER EDIT

Just so everyone knows all of the 75% off expansion pack sales on Steam end in 9 1/2 hours from when I type this post, didn't check the official site to see if their sale is on the same time frame.

Also all mounts in the store seem to be half off today only.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 1, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm an Euro time and as of 9:50 am Landroval is not being presented as an option. I have Bullroarer and Palantir.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

ruffz posted:

Checked this morning...still not a move option. Will check this evening when I get home.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

So far all I'm getting are options to transfer to Bullroarer or Palantir too.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

The two interns they have left working on the game are probably busy getting everyone else coffee.

Can someone link to or post in here a good primer for legendary weapons? There's a lot going on with them and I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. Currently have my first legendary at level 40, and the tracker says that it's at max level. Do I deconstruct it now or is there something else I should be doing?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Always deconstruct legendaries and upgrade to newer ones.

The system works exactly the opposite of how you'd expect it to.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

So just constantly replacing your legendaries until you hit 100? What level should I get the legendary to before I deconstruct it?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Litany Unheard posted:

So just constantly replacing your legendaries until you hit 100? What level should I get the legendary to before I deconstruct it?

Honestly, pre-100, it doesn't really matter. I decon my max-level legendaries at 31 or 60 (depending on how many I haven't started I have sitting in my inventory). You generally want to do it at 1, 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, or 60 though. 31 is a good breakpoint because it gives you something different, but I've completely blanked on what it is (I think you get one of the trait scrolls or whatever).

If I was you, as you're leveling up, I'd decon them however often is needed (at the next (x*10)+1 level) to keep your inventory from overflowing with extra legs. If you don't have legs waiting, then just keep dumping exp into them. Fill up all of the slots. All the exp runes will be nice.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
lvl 31+ on LIs let you get a legacy scroll out of it, which really isn't too important when you're leveling but it also helps you stockpile XP runes so that when you upgrade your weapon (every 5 levels or so usually) you can max it out immediately.

Most classes can use a level 60 class item without issue until 85+ and getting a couple level 100 people and murdering the Turtle shouldn't be too bad after the move. I know for Captain I basically used a lvl 60 1st age emblem until I made a lvl 85 1st age when the Erebor stuff came out. Not sure if the lvl 85 symbols are still really cheap in skirmish camps, but for classes like captain and champion you can probably get away with a lvl 60 until 100. The extra points for legacies is more useful than having higher base stats, especially if your legacies are all % based.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Didn't they say they were changing legendaries so you wouldn't deconstruct them all the time? I seem to recall someone mentioning they didn't see that as how they'd be used (somehow...) and legendary items were meant to be yours for a long time and grow with your character.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Options are up, and I can move all my duders from Brandy to Landroval. Are we go for Landroval?

Rocco_Saint
Nov 30, 2015
I also am on Brandywine and am just starting to get back into the game. I'm hoping that joining a goon kinship will lead to the same enjoyable social experience that it has for me in Eve and H1Z1. So is there any reason to wait or should we just go ahead and transfer to Landroval tonight?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

We've decided on Landroval so the only reason to wait is if you're in the kin already. If you transfer before your kin does then you'll have to be reinvited.

Thanks everyone for the info on legendaries. I will proceed to do whatever and not really worry about it until I hit 100.

Rocco_Saint
Nov 30, 2015

Litany Unheard posted:

We've decided on Landroval so the only reason to wait is if you're in the kin already. If you transfer before your kin does then you'll have to be reinvited.

Thanks everyone for the info on legendaries. I will proceed to do whatever and not really worry about it until I hit 100.

Thanks for clarifying man. I'll transfer my trove of alts over tonight when I get home from work. See you on.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Right I'm in the process of doing it too! From Silverlode to Landroval [EN-RE]

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ronpaul_its_happening.gif

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I guess I'll be waiting on the "all clear" that the kin is moved before going anywhere myself.

extra stout posted:

Also I just caught this, you wouldn't happen to be Ithorin, same name with one letter off, who I have marked as "gear crafter" on my friends list and hasn't been online since it was level 65, would you? I think the char was a captain.

My main character is Ithoran, a 100 guardian. I also have an 85 captain Ithorano that's a farmer/cook. My only character that I've done any real gear crafting with is Velga my Burglar, where I'm one tier behind the current maximum on weaponsmithing.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Oxphocker posted:

Checked this morning...still not a move option. Will check this evening when I get home.

Hit me up on steam when you move the kin over and we can get with a gm to do the renaming bit. Steam name is same as here.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Didn't they say they were changing legendaries so you wouldn't deconstruct them all the time? I seem to recall someone mentioning they didn't see that as how they'd be used (somehow...) and legendary items were meant to be yours for a long time and grow with your character.

It's a level 100 thing. One of the LI guys (I think it's the relic one) will have an option to imbue a legendary item. You can do this for level 100 LIs, at which point all of the legacies become independent - they'll have their own max rank and IXP tracks. You can raise the max rank using star-lits and empowerments up to some cap, and they can raise the cap.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Transfers are up.

And count me as another vote for not spending any gold or much time on legendaries til you get a 100 first age, just replace them every 10 levels and check out your options each time for legacies, determine which are abilities you use the most often. Consider all your legendaries before the 100 first age to just be educational tools on the system. Also if you keep that recycling snowball going you'll have a gently caress ton of big exp runes at 100.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Litany Unheard posted:

TDLR of my post above:

Just decon them at 31. The IXP runes you'll get are very useful, stockpile them in the bank. If you're overflowing, decon at 21. If you're underflowing, let them level up a bit more to 41/51/60.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Enzenx posted:

Hit me up on steam when you move the kin over and we can get with a gm to do the renaming bit. Steam name is same as here.

Please disband the existing kinship on Landroval to free the name up for the real kinship. Anything else is a needless complication. Anyone that gets disbanded will come here to find out what's up if they don't know already.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Brave New World posted:

Please disband the existing kinship on Landroval to free the name up for the real kinship. Anything else is a needless complication. Anyone that gets disbanded will come here to find out what's up if they don't know already.

There's a concern that someone could jump on the name if it's left open, so they want to time the change so as to minimize the window.

I don't know why anyone would do that, though. Some ex-EVE weirdo trying to stick it to goons, maybe?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Currently playing as Kahran, a 53 Captain working through Moria. Excited to have people to talk to who know poo poo.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Litany Unheard posted:

There's a concern that someone could jump on the name if it's left open, so they want to time the change so as to minimize the window.

I don't know why anyone would do that, though. Some ex-EVE weirdo trying to stick it to goons, maybe?

Weirder things have happened. Some pubbies hold grudges for a lot longer than what is healthy.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Figured to ask before I start clicking things, but has the Kin moved over yet or no?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I pushed the button because I like pushing things. I figure I'll just rejoin the kin with my new elf champ I rolled on Landroval anyway but now I have all my alts to stare at as well!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

Figured to ask before I start clicking things, but has the Kin moved over yet or no?

It has not. I'm logged in and about a dozen or so people have left the kin by transferring.

Which isn't a big deal unless you get something from having an earlier join date or whatever.

Edit: And another question - I've started finding minor/major essences, but don't have anything to slot them into. Are these worth holding onto for any reason or should I just vendor them?

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 1, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ruffz posted:

Weirder things have happened. Some pubbies hold grudges for a lot longer than what is healthy.

GM Kitsune could still be watching us. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I wasn't aware you could see your join date anywhere. I don't really care about that, but I play at weird hours and I'd rather just get automatically re-added to the kin instead of hoping someone's online at the right time.