Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Almost certainly digital, unless somehow there's enough demand for 1000s of copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
photos have been submitted. sorry you have to look at them.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

elgarbo posted:

Almost certainly digital, unless somehow there's enough demand for 1000s of copies.

Yeah I figured. I work in commercial printing in New Mexico. We are actually about to pull the trigger on a digital press. I am pretty impressed with the quality of the current gen digital stuff.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
My photos have been submitted. I included zero that I consider lovely.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
Question about how these images are going to be weeded out: Are they being selected as a unit of 5, or individually? I'm trying to decide if I should submit a single style/subject, or a mixed bag.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Sent some photos out. Awaiting further instructions.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

LogisticEarth posted:

Question about how these images are going to be weeded out: Are they being selected as a unit of 5, or individually? I'm trying to decide if I should submit a single style/subject, or a mixed bag.

I can't speak for how ansel autisms will be curating this thing, but basically it's worth remembering that at a minimum you'll have two photos printed in a double page spread. So you need to have at least two images that will work well together. That doesn't necessarily mean they need a unified theme (although Mr Autisms can possibly offer more direction in this regard.) Beyond that, it's up to you.

To offer some perspective, some submissions have shown a strongly unified theme. Some have gone beyond that and asked that specific photos be printed together. Others have thrown out a random mix. It's entirely up to you to decide what work you think will be the best representation of your work.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Remember! Roughly two days left to submit your terrible photographs!

We've got a pretty sweet representation so far, but still lots of people who showed an interest in participating are yet to send in their stuff. Don't be the fool who misses out on being published in such an esteemed publication because they forgot about a deadline.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Sent in mine a couple days ago. Forgot to post here that I'd done so.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I'll be emailing mine tonight.

MythObstacleIV
Oct 27, 2007

640509-040147
I sent mine a while ago as a google drive link since the zip was still too huge. I don't know if that works or not. :/

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I'll send mine tonight. It might be a good idea to put the file name convention ansel requested in the OP.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

The deadline is the 5th. Is that the beginning of the day or end of day ?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Submitted my five images.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Submitted my stuff in the form of a Dropbox link :shobon:

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I sent mine in a few days ago.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bobmarleysghost posted:

The deadline is the 5th. Is that the beginning of the day or end of day ?

I'm gonna call it 11:59 PM on the 5th, Pacific standard time (-8), which should be advantageous to most people not living on the Pacific.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

MythObstacleIV posted:

I sent mine a while ago as a google drive link since the zip was still too huge. I don't know if that works or not. :/

Same, my LF scans are like 10k on a side.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Thoogsby posted:

It might be a good idea to put the file name convention ansel requested in the OP.

Should we resend our submissions if we shamefully hosed this up ?

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

hosed up submissions go to the "bart radfucker" zine which will only be printed so they can be filmed being thrown into a dumpster and burned

a cyberpunk goose fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 3, 2015

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
I got mine in two days ago, and they too were forced into a google drive.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

:stonklol:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I sent mine in not long after submissions opened

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I submitted a bit ago.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Submitted a dropbox link for mine.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Mido posted:

hosed up submissions go to the "bart radfucker" zine which will only be printed so they can be filmed being thrown into a dumpster and burned

Cool, maybe we can get an update on Professor Dahlia.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Ill curate the bart radfucker zine. I won that drat contest. emailed my photos in. :snoop:

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.
Submitted. This is hard.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
submitted stuff

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
Sent mine 4 days ago and completely forgot it!

I'm taking a shooting trip to a very remote island this month and part of the next, so I'll just say I'm game with whatever layout you guys choose for my pics since I'll probably won't be able to collaborate in due time.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Submitted mine a few days ago.

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

Submitted my photos. They made me realize I need to take more photos while walking around aimlessly.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sent.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
sent

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Less than 24 hours until deadline! Make it happen.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
sent

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

daspope posted:

Submitted my photos. They made me realize I need to take more photos while walking around aimlessly.

I usually force myself to go shoot when I have down time. I usually just drive my car somewhere park and get out and walk around aimlessly.

Also my stuff was sent in about a week ago, but still just posting sent.

Minkee fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 6, 2015

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
Submitted with Drive links. As the plan was to submit the print-ready images, I applied standard sharpening for matte paper. If I hosed up there let me know and I can resend.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Submitted mine with a dropbox link. No idea how to prep my files for print so let me know if I need to make changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
Is there anything you need to do with images to get them digital "print ready", do printers work better with colour spaces other than sRGB or anything?

• Locked thread