Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Warn Him

Also I'm so glad to see so many people enjoying this game, I know a lot of people have said it, but I think this is one of telltales finest products, hell I'll even say that I believe it it the best they've made, even better than the Walking Dead Season 1. While TWD did a good job taking you on the magic feel bus, it definitely had some peaks and troughs in terms of quality and the ability to deliver on its emotional impacts. TFTB on the other hand, at least to me, has one consistent premise, which it sticks to well and really develops its group of characters. When it comes to the choices, both games make enough "impact" choices to make things interesting, but I think Tales gets points for making the "non-impact" choices more fun an engaging than TWD. The "Blow his Mind v.s Break his Heart choice" and picking Loader Bots loadout being a great example of this for Tales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Shoot him in his stupid traitor face.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
There's a bomb in that briefcase, fam

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Shoot him, we can't risk him blowing up our precious money.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Warn him right in his stupid traitor dad face

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Warn him. Better keep him alive.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Alright, couple things. First, I realize yesterday I might have been unintentionally pushing hard for people to let Felix bite it, so this morning I'm gonna bust out an argument for warning him.

Does he really deserve to die? He is essentially Fiona's father, and the worst he's done is become overcome with greed that he wanted the money for himself. We don't know what kind of life he lived before he met Fiona and Sasha. Maybe he feels he deserves this. Have you guys never had a lapse of judgment?

Second, just saw this post last night:

Samovar posted:

Also, I hafta admit, I'm not impressed with the model-movement in this scene. People don't actually... seem to weigh anything in the way they move. There's no momentum.

... and yeah, the Telltale game engine kinda runs on wishes and pixie farts. I don't think it's changed a single iota since The Walking Dead so this game is rife with graphical glitches and some weird animations... a lot of people snapping into place. I really hope Telltale invests in something better. Their games could look so good.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I'd be surprised if they ever changed the engine even since their Sam & Max days.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm changing to Warn Him because we're better than that, Flowey.

Also yeah, I've heard some people say that this game really shows the weaknesses of their current engine at times. Maybe after Minecraft, they can work on a new one.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Warn him. Sure, he stole the loot, but he's family. Plus it'll be so much fun stealing it back! :D

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Kaubocks posted:

Alright, couple things. First, I realize yesterday I might have been unintentionally pushing hard for people to let Felix bite it, so this morning I'm gonna bust out an argument for warning him.

Does he really deserve to die? He is essentially Fiona's father, and the worst he's done is become overcome with greed that he wanted the money for himself. We don't know what kind of life he lived before he met Fiona and Sasha. Maybe he feels he deserves this. Have you guys never had a lapse of judgment?

Second, just saw this post last night:

... and yeah, the Telltale game engine kinda runs on wishes and pixie farts. I don't think it's changed a single iota since The Walking Dead so this game is rife with graphical glitches and some weird animations... a lot of people snapping into place. I really hope Telltale invests in something better. Their games could look so good.

This argument is completely blown out of the water when he draws a gun on her in the first place and then leaves her in the middle of the road to die.

Thus, I change my answer to double shoot the bastard.

psluuthor
Oct 29, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a small gun.

Can't guns of any size be reloaded? Or is it a disposable gun that you just throw in the bin after you fire it once? I figured that for some reason she only has a single bullet with her, which seems odd. Is ammo so scarce that she only carries one bullet?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Small gun, one bullet.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I'm going to vote pragmatically and say don't let him blow up. If he blows up, the money dies with him. Kill him or warn him, we at least have a chance of keeping the money.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Fiona only has one bullet. She said herself that she's not a fan of guns, so it's really only for extremely dire situations.

psluuthor
Oct 29, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Small gun, one bullet.

Don't see how that has any relevance to what I was asking but whatever. Do you think I'm not aware that it is a derringer pistol and is a single shot weapon? Cause I'm aware of that, but I don't see how that has anything to do with her being able to reload it at some point. I thought maybe I was missing something here but never mind, wish I hadn't brought it up now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm just fuckin' with ya, buddy. Felix just gave her one bullet. The gun is meant as an emergency measure.

DeafAssassin
Feb 25, 2014
Warn him

Twiggymouse
Mar 4, 2013

Well, take this with a grain of salt, but
Save the bullet for somebody/thing worth it, and tell Felix before all that money goes up in smoke.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Don't let the bomb kill him. Warn him or shoot him. Either way is fine.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Warn him! Felix is the closest thing to family Fiona's got*, and even on a planet like Pandora, shooting your family in the face and/or letting them get blown up is pretty messed up.

*Except for Sasha, I guess? Whatever, you know what I mean.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Solovey posted:

even on a planet like Pandora, shooting your family in the face and/or letting them get blown up is pretty messed up.
Ellie would like to have a word with you.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Apply bullets judiciously to his face

psluuthor
Oct 29, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

Fiona only has one bullet. She said herself that she's not a fan of guns, so it's really only for extremely dire situations.

In that case, I imagine she wouldn't shoot him. He's no immediate threat to her, and he'll likely get blown up anyway if she does nothing, so shooting him seems like an unnatural thing to do for someone who shys away from guns to begin with.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm just fuckin' with ya, buddy.

Oh, okay. gently caress you.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
He did this to himself. There's no reason to draw on him, he deserves that much. But if he wants to butter his own bread, I guess he's gotta eat it.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
We might as well warn him. It just doesn't really feel right wasting a bullet on him.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Save the bullet, warn him

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
WARN HIM!

Also hey Kaubocks, is there any way you can link these videos on polsy or something? The sidebar suggestions are getting pretty open with poo poo that happens way later on.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 2, 2015

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

WARN HIM!

Also hey Kaubocks, is there any way you can post these videos on polsy or something? The sidebar suggestions are getting pretty open with poo poo that happens way later on.

uh oh

On it right now.

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up. All links in the OP should now direct to polsy versions.

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 2, 2015

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
WARN HIM!

Not cause he don't deserve a face blast of fake bomb, but cause it keeps options open. We need wild poo poo to keep happening.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Save a bullet, watch him explode

No need to waste our one shot when Felix is so willing to do the job for us!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Warn him.

Even though he's likely to call Fiona's bluff as a desperation play.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

since we had issues with this last time (:colbert:) I would like to remind people that they have one day left to vote on a choice

For a little extra content, here are some recordings of Handsome Jack inquiring about Zer0. There's very little backstory to be had about him. Is he a human? Alien? ...a ghost?! :iiam:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

How did you not end that sentence with "I'unno"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I dunno

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
Warn him. He might be a bastard, but he at least deserves to be warned what his greed is going to cost him. If he doesn't listen, on his own head be it.

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum
Shoot him

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I've counted up the votes! The results are:

Warn Him - 39
Taunt Him - 6
Shoot Him - 16

Looks like deep down inside you guys care about our parental figure after all. :D

I'll be recording the rest of this episode soon, so I'd like to explain how I'm going to handle this. Several of the episodes feature a choice right at the end. In this case, there's about 10 minutes left of gameplay which isn't so bad, but some episodes will only have maybe a minute tops left after the choice. I want to keep each episode as they're own separate entities, so to say, so I don't want to have those last few minutes lead directly into the start of the next episode of the game. I also don't want to just upload a 1-to-10 minute video because those would feel really short and broken up, especially for people watching these videos after the fact.

So what I'm going to do is -- once I've recorded the end to this episode -- edit the ending onto #1-5: The Race, take down the video that's currently up, and reupload it with the last bit of the game attached to it. The beginning parts will be the same, maybe a tweaked line of commentary or two if I feel like I could have done something better, but for the most part skippable if you've already watched it. What I will do is provide a timestamp for those who just want to jump right to where we made our choice.

It's a little convoluted, I admit, but I'll like the finished product a lot more when everything is said and done and it beats trying to vaguely ask you guys what you want to vote for before you can see the context of it.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
This is a good way to do it.

And belatedly, I really want Sasha and Rhys to genuinely like each other but there's no way that most of that back and forth isn't a couple of con artists oozing into each others good graces for the sake of getting an edge. Certainly on Sasha's part, Rhys is coming off more genuine and emotional the way Kau's playing him. I think Fiona really is a little bit fond of Vaughn, though. She wouldn't die for him or anything but he's sweeter than a sack of puppies, everyone should be fond of Vaughn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Vaughn is an innocent little babby who must be protected at all costs

• Locked thread