Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

do you guys upgrade bloodtinge at all? im not sure if i want to ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

I did once for a specific build but I have the most fun with just STR/ARC

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

only if you really want to use certain guns but otherwise it's pretty worthless. ppl thought it improved the window you had for counters at first but it just slightly improves gun damage

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It's good with a specific bloodtinge build based off the repeating pistol/evelyn and the Chikage (and now the bow blade and bloodletter).

If you're not using one of those weapons it isn't worth leveling up at all.

Dec 26, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

It's good with a specific bloodtinge build based off the repeating pistol/evelyn and the Chikage (and now the bow blade and bloodletter).

If you're not using one of those weapons it isn't worth leveling up at all.

pretty much yeah

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bloodborne should be arriving tomorrow, any quick tips for my first run?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If you have a good pair of headphones , plug them into PS4 for maximum enjoyment.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

choose the cane

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Parrying is your friend.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Take a step forward, and let us cleanse these foul streets

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the saw cleaver is bad rear end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The beast claw w/ beast embrace rune....holy shiz.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

The beast claw w/ beast embrace rune....holy shiz.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i motherfucking love the boomstick hammer lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

All the starting weapons are cool and good, Cane is my favorite but starts weak, Saw Cleaver is probably the most versatile

Parry everything with your gun

No, really, drat near every non-giant-boss enemy can and should be parried

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beating Rom without killing any spiders is so much fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Beating Rom without killing any spiders is so much fun

youre supposed to fight the spiders? dont they just keep respawning?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

There's a finite amount per wave. The first time I playef the game I would kill all the spiders each time but I've since realized this is like 10x harder bc it gives rom way more chances to attack you

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

more spawn when rom teleports but you can clear them out between ports .

e:fb

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going backwards through the BSB area and it feels wrong

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i continue to like chalices more and more the more times i play through them on new characters, but the addition of npc summons is great. they're kind of useless as far as dealing damage, but I feel like it's always way more entertainment than 1 insight is worth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I chatted with the minigun man and had a nice time but his friend ticked me off and it was all for naught. Ah well

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

be aggressive and 9/10 times trying to back away to heal will get you killed so dodge around or behind enemies usually. also you only get the mats to take 1 weapon to +10 in the normal game so choose wisely

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

be aggressive and 9/10 times trying to back away to heal will get you killed so dodge around or behind enemies usually. also you only get the mats to take 1 weapon to +10 in the normal game so choose wisely

It should be said that you get enough in one playthrough to make a few +9 so just choose wisely with the final upgrade item

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my advice to a new player is to have fun. the dash dodge is the best poo poo in the world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

my advice to a new player is to have fun. the dash dodge is the best poo poo in the world

I love it so much

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

I chatted with the minigun man and had a nice time but his friend ticked me off and it was all for naught. Ah well

I hate the two hunters to the left of the Vicar boss room. Well the guy with the spear anyway. gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the mechanic where you take double damage for being hit while dodging/attacking is the dumbest loving poo poo ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just downloaded Patch 1.08. Wonder what the tweaked?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I just downloaded Patch 1.08. Wonder what the tweaked?

They're fixing an exploit where you could access the dlc for free

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Benny D posted:

They're fixing an exploit where you could access the dlc for free

are you joking

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

are you joking

I looked it up and that's what it is. I guess if you coop with someone who has the DLC you would just get the DLC key once they loaded the DLC area

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im at blood starved beast. he is v annoying. of the four bosses ive faced so far, all have been hard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im at blood starved beast. he is v annoying. of the four bosses ive faced so far, all have been hard

There's a funny trick to bsb that I won't tell you until you've beaten him. But it's cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

I hate the two hunters to the left of the Vicar boss room. Well the guy with the spear anyway. gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

they were a bitch to put down.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DELETE this post

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

hahaha thats awesome. ive got him down to 25% so its just a matter of time now

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The first time I beat him I had In Training helping me and thought he was insanely difficult but now when I see him in chalice dungeons I laugh because it's like a free kill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

The first time I beat him I had In Training helping me and thought he was insanely difficult but now when I see him in chalice dungeons I laugh because it's like a free kill

He's way harder online because it's impossible to dodge any of his attacks as a helper because the lag makes him just zip around he room like sonic the hedgehog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or at least it did when I was on wireless. I've since moved to wired and online has been a lot smoother