Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Litany Unheard posted:

It has not. I'm logged in and about a dozen or so people have left the kin by transferring.

Which isn't a big deal unless you get something from having an earlier join date or whatever.

Edit: And another question - I've started finding minor/major essences, but don't have anything to slot them into. Are these worth holding onto for any reason or should I just vendor them?

I'm just looking to avoid causing inconvenience with having to have my roster readded to the kin when I can just wait for a few and transfer over then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
Would help to know your steam name.....

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Oxphocker posted:

Would help to know your steam name.....

Enzenx posted:

Hit me up on steam when you move the kin over and we can get with a gm to do the renaming bit. Steam name is same as here.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Transfer started....anyone have an estimate on how long it takes? It said I'd get an email when it's ready.... so far it's been 5 mins...

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oxphocker posted:

Transfer started....anyone have an estimate on how long it takes? It said I'd get an email when it's ready.... so far it's been 5 mins...

I did it earlier this afternoon and still haven't gotten an email. It's been at least 6 hours probably 8.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Took me about 45 minutes for mine to fully complete.

Also feel free to watch http://www.twitch.tv/bludborn the test server for 17.1 / the new hardware if you'd like. He's a sponsored streamer or whatever the word is, so you can win 15 bucks in points just by watching and typing in a keyword when it asks you to.

edit

News from the test server: I barely stayed on ten minutes so not much news, but someone (trolling or otherwise) said the ability to add a forge or work bench to your house was in.

Things I can actually confirm are in: Really good looking set of Ithilian cosmetics for the Yule fest will be coming, it's the crescent moon around a tree of Faramir's folk. Saw a back shield, a pony, a war-steed skin, and some kind of winter fur shawl thing.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I found an answer on the forums:

Frelorn posted:

If after 6 hours you have not received an email, it is safe to log in and the transfer will either be completed or failed. If it did fail you can contact CS and they will be able to help get the transfer through.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I can't feel bad about my characters needing six to eight hours to transfer when it's been months since I last played seriously and it'll probably be months before I play seriously again.

Meclin
Dec 3, 2011

I'm on the way too! Was online when the kinship poofed.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

So has the kinship moved yet?

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Transfer complete....sign in for invites...I will be on for at least the next 15-20 mins...

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Litany Unheard posted:

I found an answer on the forums:

Hey thanks! You're right it worked. I'm in successfully. Gonna badger hoboknife to join the kin now :P

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

We need to choose a new kin house...elf, dwarf, man, or hobbit.... I will try to get one that's mostly empty so we can pack it with goons...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'd prefer not to hit my head on the door frames and also not to look like a pretentious rear end in a top hat. Man!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
A hobbit one again or anything with/near a fishing spot would probably get my vote

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I have a Captain in the 80s who I burnt out on due to the slow nature of levelling plus the general malaise of Dunland (I should have listed to you all and skipped it but I can't help myself) and Rohan. I guess it's a question of whether I can be bothered completely redownloading the client to move him or if I just start again at some indeterminate point in the future.

Meclin
Dec 3, 2011

So I put in to xfer my Silverlode characters right after the kinship transfer started. Now I get "queue errors" when I try to log into Landroval even though I already have characters there. Is that normal until the transfer process of my guys is complete?

I just wanted to log in the guys I already placed there for invites to the kin.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oxphocker posted:

We need to choose a new kin house...elf, dwarf, man, or hobbit.... I will try to get one that's mostly empty so we can pack it with goons...

Don't the Dwarves have a cool lake island house? I've never been to dwarf housing so that could be fun. Elves are such tools.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Meclin posted:

So I put in to xfer my Silverlode characters right after the kinship transfer started. Now I get "queue errors" when I try to log into Landroval even though I already have characters there. Is that normal until the transfer process of my guys is complete?

I just wanted to log in the guys I already placed there for invites to the kin.

You'll probably be locked out until the transfer completes..

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Don't the Dwarves have a cool lake island house? I've never been to dwarf housing so that could be fun. Elves are such tools.

God drat that sounds cool, wanted to log in and check where this is but I'm locked out while another 6 chars transfer.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's on this map

But I don't think it's a kin house. The one in the Southwest seems good.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I'm a big fan of hobbit holes but a dwarf dwelling could be cool. Short races have superior aesthetics for some reason.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Transfer complete, took 34 minutes. Didn't get an initial email, same as last time, but you get a detailed email as soon as it finishes. If you use gmail it'll probably be in the 'promotional' tab. Time to make new Landy friends, see if I can find kins with a vent/team speak and get to know some allies better.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Found a housing zone almost completely empty... Knotheim in the dwarf homesteads. We have the kin house in the middle...get in fast so we can fill up the zone.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I do love me some dwarf houses. The giant statues and crystals are just cool.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
So, if I transfer multiple servers to Landroval (only seem to be able to do it one server at a time), is stuff going to get overwritten or anything?

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Haerc posted:

So, if I transfer multiple servers to Landroval (only seem to be able to do it one server at a time), is stuff going to get overwritten or anything?

Nope. Everything storage-wise will be crammed in and overflow if it wont fit and any characters you transfer with a name that already exists will get a number appended to the end and a free rename token.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Cool, thanks.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I have the island house! It's tiny but cozy and hobbit needs nothing more. I'm looking for two cool small yard decorations.

Also if anyone has these maps: Archet, Breetown, Annuminas, and Ettenmoors, could you mail them and I'll mail them back? It's all I need for that deed. I'm gonna drop the rest of my maps in the kin. They're free TP pretty much.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

Bringing back Titostan (49/Champion) after at least 5 years away? I have no concept of time anymore, but I'm playing again, just transferred over.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

My transfer finished so I logged in to take a look and I've lost the dwarven house I had. Did anyone else lose what personal houses they had?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I have the island house! It's tiny but cozy and hobbit needs nothing more. I'm looking for two cool small yard decorations.

Also if anyone has these maps: Archet, Breetown, Annuminas, and Ettenmoors, could you mail them and I'll mail them back? It's all I need for that deed. I'm gonna drop the rest of my maps in the kin. They're free TP pretty much.

How do maps work? You just pick them up and they check off? Are they consumable because I don't want to waste them.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

M_Sinistrari posted:

My transfer finished so I logged in to take a look and I've lost the dwarven house I had. Did anyone else lose what personal houses they had?

Everyone who transfers loses their house...but you get reimbursed the cost and your items go to the house escrow until you buy a house again..

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

I hope I can find another lakeside shire villa!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Do houses still require rent and if so does escrow delete stuff after a few months? I don't wanna build a house if I can get bored and come back a year later to lose all my stuff.

ps invite me, steam name "khora" I think

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 2, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

effectual posted:

Do houses still require rent and if so does escrow delete stuff after a few months? I don't wanna build a house if I can get bored and come back a year later to lose all my stuff.

I was gone for like four years and all my poo poo was in escrow when I came back.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

Oxphocker posted:

Found a housing zone almost completely empty... Knotheim in the dwarf homesteads. We have the kin house in the middle...get in fast so we can fill up the zone.

Is this set? I transferred with my old Kin name, A Big Swarm of Bees, and grabbed the Knotheim kinship house at 5 Stonemirk. Happy to dual share it with Nazgun, if that's desired. Otherwise I'll probably dump the Kin and ask for a Nazgun invite.

Edit: Boo Eloel!

Edit2: Holy cow the activity is blowing my mind. Last couple times on Imladris there was less than 20 people.

alucinor fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 2, 2015

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

I got my favourite house back. My address is 4 Wending Way, Sprouting, Shire Homesteads. Other hobbit nerd goons are invited to move into Sprouting too! You can come fish off my private dock if you want.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How do maps work? You just pick them up and they check off? Are they consumable because I don't want to waste them.

Yup. It's a deed that advances as soon as you have the appropriate map in your inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

I ended up getting a deluxe house in the kinship's neighborhood. I couldn't get my old address which sucks since it was one of the odd ones where it's a bit bigger than the usual deluxe, but I got a close enough one. Just so anyone's wondering, all my house stuff was in the house storage chest even though it was packed to over capacity instead of over at the escrow guy.