Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

SFD please check our forum for pvp team stuff

I really wanna do this and hope I'll be able to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

There's always team red :wink:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So I just found a thing in my bank that can turn scepters into pretty princess wands, which obviously I want to use immediately. It says it's a consumable that applies it to "any weapon", though. Does that mean I can only ahve it on one scepter, or I apply it to one and then can make any other scepter look like it?

or sceptre for the british

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

There's no barrier for it.

The "teams" can have members added and removed and need a min of 3 people. You can be on multiple teams, so it's pretty much the same as its been since HoT launch. We have a bunch set up already from former ToL teams.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

There's always team red :wink:

is that a sex thing?

Visidan posted:

There's no barrier for it.

The "teams" can have members added and removed and need a min of 3 people. You can be on multiple teams, so it's pretty much the same as its been since HoT launch. We have a bunch set up already from former ToL teams.

Nice ok

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

So I just found a thing in my bank that can turn scepters into pretty princess wands, which obviously I want to use immediately. It says it's a consumable that applies it to "any weapon", though. Does that mean I can only ahve it on one scepter, or I apply it to one and then can make any other scepter look like it?

or sceptre for the british

You can use it once on one scepter, and it will unlock the skin for you to use on any number of sceptres for the Low Low Price of 1 transmutation charge (only 150 gems for 3 in the Black Lion Store!)

edit: that's per subsequent sceptre, not every sceptre forever.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

is that a sex thing?

Team red can be a lot of things, but I'm gonna draw the line at butter.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Brain In A Jar posted:

You can use it once on one scepter, and it will unlock the skin for you to use on any number of sceptres for the Low Low Price of 1 transmutation charge (only 150 gems for 3 in the Black Lion Store!)

edit: that's per subsequent sceptre, not every sceptre forever.

And you can buy those scepter skins very cheap on the trading post, so don't spend a transmute on them if you want to use them for another skin. Just buy another of those consumable skins.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

You can also "Break apart" the item into a transmutation charge and the skin if you don't already have the skin.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Destroying the item out of your inventory will also unlock the skin as I discovered yesterday.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Clearly you can do anything at zombocom.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

^^^^ Fire trait only applies to fire auras, but you can use runes of radiance for longer duration of all auras ^^^^

Light (still the same)

Shocking

Frost

Fire

Magnetic

These look like the Morrowind shield spell effects.

Tiny fireballs, tiny orbital strikes, weak sauce auras, and buffed legendary effects? CONSISTENCY.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Lol thieves got nerfed, you can't steal without a target now.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

Lol thieves got nerfed, you can't steal without a target now.

What the gently caress are you going to steal from, the air?!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

What the gently caress are you going to steal from, the air?!

If you have boons on steal, yeah you can do that.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

first glider skin i kinda like, head and shoulders themed.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I've done it. I've achieved Maximum Sparkle Pony Princess Power

it don't get any sparklier than this folks

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I've done it. I've achieved Maximum Sparkle Pony Princess Power

it don't get any sparklier than this folks

HoT cleared. Time to unsub until the next expansion.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you guys need space in SFD feel free to remove me, my PC is dead and my cat has cancer so fixing it is not a priority right now, don't know when I'll get back on if at all for the next few weeks/months.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Alteisen posted:

If you guys need space in SFD feel free to remove me, my PC is dead and my cat has cancer so fixing it is not a priority right now, don't know when I'll get back on if at all for the next few weeks/months.

Sorry about your kitty, i just lost mine on thanksgiving to cancer.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Xand_Man posted:

You can also "Break apart" the item into a transmutation charge and the skin if you don't already have the skin.

What do you mean by this? I'm pretty sure the way I'm reading it is incorrect.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nice Anet, our names are starting to look like lovely websites without popup blockers on, real pertinent information to display prominently, after all I might be gravely concerned if I run across a lower league scrub :jerkbag:

(apologies to kerrhze for being my example)

e: oh gently caress off

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 2, 2015

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The real crime here is that my mithril rank isnt showing up next to my name.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I feel like Heart of Thorns is in the running for the dumbest purchase I've made all year.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
It's obnoxious that it displays constantly whether or not you have the person targeted unlike the other tags. I could see displaying it automatically in HoTM maybe, but I don't give a poo poo about seeing it when I'm out and about. But I guess they need to take every opportunity to remind people about esports because the banner on the load screens and event in the upper right of the screen aren't enough.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I blame wooden potatoes for the downfall of this game. he have the ears of the dev and he seem to be more concern of having gw2 be super gw1 and ripping apart everything that made gw2 good. now with raids, "the grind" and flair to mark the Jews noobs I feel like heart of thorns was made to impress the guy who said "pve that isn't poo poo" at pax south. and their loving up at it.

but this is my irrational thought.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 2, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

so this is what crushed bone dye looks like on balth outfit.

alternatively I think I just found what would match the Immortal skin set

Lonk fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 2, 2015

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Cyron posted:

I blame wooden potatoes for the downfall of this game. he have the ears of the dev and he seem to be more concern of having gw2 be super gw1 and ripping apart everything that made gw2 good. now with raids, "the grind" and flair to mark the Jews noobs I feel like heart of thorns was made to impress the guy who said "pve that isn't poo poo" at pax south. and their loving up at it.

but this is my irrational thought.

If not him directly, then others like him with this attitude. There's always a crowd rooting for MMOs to be more exclusive, more difficult, and more timesink intensive. It doesn't matter if the game is nothing of that sort to begin with: they'll call for it to be more hardcore anyways. What happens if they get their wish? Well, Wildstar was explicitly tailored to their fantasies, and it bombed because very few people actually will do and enjoy that kind of content. Wildstar's developers have been spending a lot of time and money trying to backpedal from this failed model, and it only cements the fact that spending too much time appeasing these people is a bad idea.

GW2 isn't just making the mistake of humoring these types, they've suddenly changed the game's entire model to fall in line with their demands. Big timesinks, high difficulty, and lots of exclusivity were never central features of the game until now, and it's giving most players terrible whiplash.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Guest2553 posted:

What do you mean by this? I'm pretty sure the way I'm reading it is incorrect.

Nah,I was wrong. I must have misread the store in wardrobe prompt.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

CLAM DOWN posted:

Nice Anet, our names are starting to look like lovely websites without popup blockers on, real pertinent information to display prominently, after all I might be gravely concerned if I run across a lower league scrub :jerkbag:

It could be worse, you could be super scrub like me and not even be high enough rank to queue for ranked sPVP.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

CLAM DOWN posted:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I feel like Heart of Thorns is in the running for the dumbest purchase I've made all year.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Definitely thinking the same. Maybe the dumbest in a few years.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

this bothers me too. as a person who does a lot of pvp this pissed me off as soon as i entered the lobby. a few minutes ago i entered a map to fight the shatterer and they show up in pve maps too. really anet?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ok I'm bothered enough by this to post on reddit. Thanks anet.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Normally we should probably take this with a grain of salt, but judging by everything else they did with/since the expansion, I can't help but worry too.

At the very least, I'd like some of what they are smoking :v:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
It's probably to promote GW2 eSports more. You can even get prestige rank as well :v:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah well, if the answer is "esports", please refer to my comment about smoking things. :haw:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Got to agree with that, there is no reason for that icon to be visible and in such numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Oh my god there's practically nothing exclusive about GW2.

This is like any MMO's endgame where there's nothing to do except run old content for its own sake, or grind for... what exactly? A little pvp tag next to your name (which is pretty dumb tbf)? You feel alienated because some people will have a shinier tag? Or a single set of raid armour? Or because you can't world complete in a week then do nothing until season 3?

None of the ~rewards casual players are denied~ have any value at all. Unless you're bafflingly compelled to have all your percent completions add up to a nice, comforting 100 at all times I guess.

For the record, I have no legendaries, about 50% world completion and haven't even touched the raid.

• Locked thread