Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Yeah the premium T-28/85mm has like 3.2 second aim time and significantly worse track bloom than the tech tree T-28, it just seems clunky as hell. The T-28's weird speed and mobility was one of the things that made the enormous size and lack of armor bearable, and that's lessened in the premium as well.

Edit: Is the Skoda T-40 premium any good, or at least adequate? I own a Schmalturm which I do not particularly enjoy due to the horrible mobility.

I think I actually own every tier6 premium except the T-40 and the Japanese Tiger :negative:

I enjoy tier6 a lot, in general.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Bought

Now I'll play it in January when I'm done with Tomb Raider and Fallout.

Unless PANSY finally decides to log on to WOT for a change.

Honestly I love buying all of these premiums. It just makes me sad that there are certain tanks that I have no chance of ever obtaining - not even the ones like the M60 or IS5, I mean the weird-rear end tanks like the Clownshie or the Hydro or the V/VI -

OR MY loving SHERMAN BETA YOU WORTHLESS PIECES OF poo poo IN MINSK

"no record of that account" indeed.

For whatever reason I didn't log in during the time they were giving away the Te-Ke, and that kind of chafes.

KaiserSchnitzel fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 1, 2015

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I got the Pz IV Hydro, whenever I play it, someone always asks about the weird hatchback.

Its mobility ain't great, it has worse hull armor than the Ausf. H so every poo poo gun pens you frontally, but on the upside, it has a rear transmission so at least all those frontal pens don't blow out your engine :shrug: Also takes longer to reload than the current Ausf. H.

But it has pref MM so I can always show it off in a Churchill III platoon or whatever :v:

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 1, 2015

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
berlin quartet crews aren't as good as female crews, right? they get free bia, 100% major qualification and 0% on the first skill, correct? i can't remember. so no instant 6th sense?

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tankopedia/T67/

this looks more like the panther under thick canvas than the t67

oh wg

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 1, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

stephenfry posted:

berlin quartet crews aren't as good as female crews, right? they get free bia, 100% major qualification and 0% on the first skill, correct? i can't remember. so no instant 6th sense?
Correct. But their BIA is compatible with regular BiA which isn't true of Sisterhood of Steel afaik.

quote:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tankopedia/T67/

this looks more like the panther under thick canvas than the t67

oh wg
The 59-Patton has the same placeholder graphic.

That version of the tankopedia is pretty drat cool and I like that they've added collections of tanks for beginners and bads who want to improve.

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 1, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
T-28 with an 85mm? Oh man, oh boy...

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Correct. But their BIA is compatible with regular BiA which isn't true of Sisterhood of Steel afaik.

Sisterhood of steel doesn't work with normal bia. I haven't done it but the most efficient use of them would be splitting them up and using them as commanders, drivers, and maybe gunners and using regular pleb crew members in the remaining roles.

In the long term this does make these Berlin crews arguably better than the girl crews but most crews don't get that much training.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

T-28 with an 85mm? Oh man, oh boy...

LOL it seems they just realised they have unleashed on the world most op t4 med since matilda and are frantically working to stop distribution... on Eu server you can't purchase due to technical issue. Well played WG as usual..

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Desuwa posted:

Sisterhood of steel doesn't work with normal bia. I haven't done it but the most efficient use of them would be splitting them up and using them as commanders, drivers, and maybe gunners and using regular pleb crew members in the remaining roles.

In the long term this does make these Berlin crews arguably better than the girl crews but most crews don't get that much training.
oh of course, you can now retrain between roles. I really want a KV-5 commanded by a dog enthusiastically charging up to and booping one and all. even the radio operator would not be able to hide the glee from his scarred, eyeless face

speaking of, did anyone succeed with requesting an exception to return the KV-5 they "sold"?

e: my fantasy is stillborn http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index...37#entry9659237

Infected posted:

The Comet is a bad tank, the Su-122-44 is just as bad and lacks a turret. They should keep the WTE-100 in the game and restore it to its original state.
senpai will never notice you if you try too hard

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 1, 2015

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

stephenfry posted:

senpai will never notice you if you try too hard

Please continue to misunderstand my posts, it makes you look really cool and good. Maybe you should team-up with ZombieLenin.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Infected posted:

Please continue to misunderstand my posts, it makes you look really cool and good. Maybe you should team-up with ZombieLenin.

Can you Euros please take this poster back and give us more GiantHurtBall?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Hellsau posted:

you don't understand his """"needs"""" and wouldn't be able to appreciate him to the fullest. pearls for (american) swine etc.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

Hellsau posted:

Hey Colon(ial)Friend have you ever seen that cool(tm) and good new anime show based on a manga book ? It's called TerraForMars and its about people being shot into space to go back to mars after it got terraformed by ugly cockroachman (I think they might have mutated or something its all very unclear) but its like theyre very offensivly "urban" looking but thats Ok...because Japan.

My point is we have to overcome the bugmen from mars as united goonhood lets not fight eachother but try to fuse our genes with super cool spiderbugmagic power genes...then we can launch into space and fight the evil "urban" cockroachfolk from mars and claim it for SA.

I also really like the churchill III because it goes relatively not fast but counters this by shooting rather quite not slow.

I miss a tank like this in armored warfare...in armored warfare you end up either going fast but shooting slow or going slow and shooting slow. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with another Tank game but then I realise if you want to fight spaceurbancockroachoffensivestereotypemenfrommarsinspace you have to know misery you have to dehumanize yourself and face the bloodshed..you have to become the bearer of pain and suffering only then can you truely achieve the ultimate tank form..you can become the tank.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

GiantHurtBall posted:

Hey Colon(ial)Friend have you ever seen that cool(tm) and good new anime show based on a manga book ? It's called TerraForMars and its about people being shot into space to go back to mars after it got terraformed by ugly cockroachman (I think they might have mutated or something its all very unclear) but its like theyre very offensivly "urban" looking but thats Ok...because Japan.

My point is we have to overcome the bugmen from mars as united goonhood lets not fight eachother but try to fuse our genes with super cool spiderbugmagic power genes...then we can launch into space and fight the evil "urban" cockroachfolk from mars and claim it for SA.

I also really like the churchill III because it goes relatively not fast but counters this by shooting rather quite not slow.

I miss a tank like this in armored warfare...in armored warfare you end up either going fast but shooting slow or going slow and shooting slow. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with another Tank game but then I realise if you want to fight spaceurbancockroachoffensivestereotypemenfrommarsinspace you have to know misery you have to dehumanize yourself and face the bloodshed..you have to become the bearer of pain and suffering only then can you truely achieve the ultimate tank form..you can become the tank.

:agreed:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I'll take credit for improving the thread.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Infected posted:

I appreciate your fascination with me, and your acknowledgement I am coolest one here.

As I am apparently your nexus of sublimation for both your Eros and Thanatos, I have some godlike words of wisdom for you...

If this kind of thing keeps coming up for you, and you think lots of people "misinterpret" your posts it's probably you.

If you think lots of people are intentionally doing this, you should probably post about it here.

Also, it's not okay for you to fantasize about your mother.

Important gameplay question:

I'm at work and wondering whether or not the x3 event is still going on. In many ways x3 sucks, because I feel the need to play every tank I'm grinding, regardless of whether or not it's fun.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nice job buying yourself a new avatar btw

but could you teach us more about germans naming their artillery tanks after grills?

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

:nsa:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Why did you buy a new avatar ZombieLenin :(

edit: there we go!

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 2, 2015

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I've gotten my way up to the Tier V SPG on the Soviet tier (SU-122A), with the upgraded howitzer. It does a shitton of damage, but the long reload time makes it a little bit unforgiving--I've gone a couple rounds now where I'm not really able to hit anything at all. A lot of the time I end up in a position where my team has enemies spotted within my range, but some intermediate obstacle is keeping me from getting a clear shot. Is this a matter of knowing the map better and setting up so that I can point my reticule at choke points? Other times I'll have a clear shot at someone, but they'll move away/into cover by the time I finish aiming and the shot completes its travel time. I like being able to severely screw up TOGs and other huge heavies, but those seem to be the only things that I can hit reliably. How can I SPG better with this thing?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
By going through the KV-2.

The SEA shop is rebelling and selling the t-34-85 M for its first advent day instead of the T-28 premium.

The Rudy is still on sale from last month for another few days.

Why even bother putting the t-34-85M in the store.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gotta catch em all!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I didn't realise the T-28 had ever lost a gun, check out the little peashooters it's left with. Glad I went up the line before it was removed.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Psykmoe posted:

I got the Pz IV Hydro, whenever I play it, someone always asks about the weird hatchback.

Its mobility ain't great, it has worse hull armor than the Ausf. H so every poo poo gun pens you frontally, but on the upside, it has a rear transmission so at least all those frontal pens don't blow out your engine :shrug: Also takes longer to reload than the current Ausf. H.

But it has pref MM so I can always show it off in a Churchill III platoon or whatever :v:

The Hydro is my favourite tank because of how rare it is and how pubbies almost always point it out and makes me feel special

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Bleremiah posted:

I didn't realise the T-28 had ever lost a gun, check out the little peashooters it's left with. Glad I went up the line before it was removed.

The 57mm Zis-4 is a perfectly fine gun even on the higher tier T-34, the T-28 is just a pretty horrendous platform for it because it's neither very good at soaking damage while machinegunning, nor particularly stealthy, its camo is bad and it has mediocre gun depression.

The Churchill III or KV-1/57 option can really take a beating and the T-34 at least has some modicum of camo, isn't the size of a train car and has some gun depression. It also doesn't get oneshot by 105mm derps every time. They're decent platforms for a decent gun :v:

Also, the premium T-28E/85mm is a slow turd compared to the unrealistically zippy tech tree version. It probably takes longer to aim in that 85mm than it takes the other guy to aim in a 105mm HE shell with the awful aimtime and soft stats too :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

The Hydro is my favourite tank because of how rare it is and how pubbies almost always point it out and makes me feel special

There's actually another rare premium vehicle like that, but it's a tier 8 so it makes way more credits.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

There's actually another rare premium vehicle like that, but it's a tier 8 so it makes way more credits.

And it is a beautiful tank to behold.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Welp, I caved in and updated the game. I hope I can trick Emy into playing again too, we were a great tier6 team.

I don't suppose srb is still around somewhere? :v:

So what's with these Proving Ground and Rampage mode things anyway?

Edit: Nevermind, I don't have tier10s to do Rampage anyway

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 2, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agrajag posted:

I get this quite often with my Beta Sherman. But not as often as I would if instead of letter-number salad it had a cool name like HYDRO.

JuffoWup posted:

Especially ever since the HD version dropped.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Descar posted:

LOL it seems they just realised they have unleashed on the world most op t4 med since matilda and are frantically working to stop distribution... on Eu server you can't purchase due to technical issue. Well played WG as usual..

Psykmoe posted:

Yeah the premium T-28/85mm has like 3.2 second aim time and significantly worse track bloom than the tech tree T-28, it just seems clunky as hell. The T-28's weird speed and mobility was one of the things that made the enormous size and lack of armor bearable, and that's lessened in the premium as well.

So is this tank good or poo poo? It is still for sale for 10 more hours and it is tempting me with its craziness.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's probably bad but I don't have any proof of this besides what's on tanks.gg

There's also this. (trigger warning: QuickyBaby)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPBFWBmipQ

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 2, 2015

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I can't see the T-28E/85mm as being particularly pleasant to play. In any case, it will be significantly worse than the old tech tree T-28/85mm was.

It's slow (35kph compared to 45kph on tech tree), it weights TWICE as much as the tech tree version on the same engine, it has greater track bloom and its aim time is also awful.

You get 160 alpha with solid pen out of the deal, which is going to two-shot most tier4s on good damage rolls and isn't incompetent when tiered up.

But the T-28 is a huge target that gets full penned by HE so being slower and clunkier than the tech tree version is worse than you think. At least the alpha lets you limit exposure.

The T-28 hull also generally has crap camo for a medium.

You'll be fighting your own tank a lot to make use of the good gun.

On the upside you get 10m extra view range and a little more armor, enough so that when you're top tank, 75mm derps probably won't wreck you :effort:

If you're literally just after the 85mm, the SU-85B reloads it 4 rpm faster :v:

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 2, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

fu

JuffoWup posted:

fu too

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
After not playing all year, seeing the Metro meta alive and well does give me a sense of order and stability.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I bit the bullet and bought the T-28E partly for the novelty, partly for the gold, and partly to free up space in my barracks.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
When the gently caress did the JT88 lose preferential matchmaking?? This is ludicrous! Nevermind, people are incompetent and I just noticed their errors today for the first time.

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 2, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The T-28 premium is great. It only goes 35kmph, but it gets up to speed quickly, and the gun is really nice in #snapshotmeta. Don't try to aim fully because you're going to miss and it takes 5 seconds.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

When the gently caress did the JT88 lose preferential matchmaking?? This is ludicrous!

Wait what the gently caress? God drat it Wargaming, if you're nerfing premium tanks now then nerf the loving E-25 you stupid pieces of poo poo.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I bought the T-28 Premium because gently caress it. $10

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Y'all a bunch of consumer whores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Enjoy you're tanks is what I'm saying.