Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well... If your like me and on imperials... You skip the flight tokens because "gently caress me if I feel like dueling against an A-Wing right now." :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Siets posted:

Well... If your like me and on imperials... You skip the flight tokens because "gently caress me if I feel like dueling against an A-Wing right now." :v:

Look at this scrub over here. A-wings for whatever reason seem a lot easier to take down in walker assault than fighter squadron but I could just be running into really bad pubbies there.

Also I killed Darth Vader with an R5-D4 droid the other day and it was the best thing I've ever done in a game ever.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
It's just that in walker assault everyone slows down to strafe people on the ground and it makes them targets

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

spiralbrain posted:

You can decide to fly more often than command an ATST and even more so than an ATAT. Players seem to run right past the flight pickups from what Ive noticed.
Something makes all the idiots grab the airspeeders in Turning Point this early though. I've just played a game where we were at the last point as rebels trying to capture it and I'm in an airspeeder cutting off their reinforcements and we're making great pushes and ticking away at it to half before I finally got taken down after a 15+ killstreak and several at-sts, then I have to watch as idiot after idiot crashes the airspeeders directly into wreckage at the control point on their first pass while trying to shoot into it, literally 4 in a row. We never get the momentum to push through as reinforcements come too quickly, and we meatgrind for several minutes and lose as everyone complains 'that last point is way too hard guys'.

Tip for new people: Literally all you have to do if you're going to crash into something in an airspeeder is press up on the d-pad. Make strafe runs directly at ground level at at-sts if you want and then as you're about to crash into them just press up and you fly right over it and continue on your merry way. (don't know which F key it is on keyboard)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

spiralbrain posted:

Imperials seem to run right past the flight pickups from what Ive noticed.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Tim Burns Effect posted:

drat, did they change something about how they do matchmaking in the patch or is just literally everyone playing Turning Point? There's like nobody playing in any other modes and I wanna play the new map in Fighter Squadron :smith:

(I'm on PC and am in the southeast US if that matters)

Seemed to be a little jacked for me too, like only 50 people were online. Droid run would only put me in the same fresh lobby with a few people, and walker assault even plopped me in a half empty room that took a minute to fill. (No probs going straight into full games usually)

Real answer :rip: game is dead only 20 people online goons called it :rip::rip:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"Oh man, I can't wait to play the new game mo- oh, right. I didn't preorder. Well, R6 Siege it is"

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Today I met a hacker on my own team. He had something like 35 kills inside the first uplink. I decided that I would troll him by standing directly in front of him all the time.

Turns out he also has the ability to DC a player from the EA servers.

Yay anti-cheating.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Why would they change it the map cycle so that you play each side before switching? Why not just make it one match per map but scramble the teams so it's random what side you play each time instead of a stupid flip flop?

Are they ever going to make a good decision?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Chomp8645 posted:

Why would they change it the map cycle so that you play each side before switching? Why not just make it one match per map but scramble the teams so it's random what side you play each time instead of a stupid flip flop?

Because random every time in a game where maps are getting biased towards one team or the other due to knowing how to play now is dumb and will make people mad if they keep getting the 'wrong' team successively, also all of their unlocks in Base Command and many of the challenges are dependent on being a particular team so letting someone randomly end up being imps 5 times in a row when they need to kill at-sts is just going to be bad and not fun.

The fact that there's now 5 WA maps so its an actual cycle every time and you'll end up playing them all as both sides would be a fine solution to leave it at, except for the fact that who the gently caress sits there for 10 games of WA in a row (ok it was me at launch, but not now), and once they add another map its back to square one again.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Chomp8645 posted:

Wtf, this is the best decision they made. All it needs now is to do a little comparison at the end to see which team played better. Whose walkers got further, etc

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Origin makes you download the DLC manually? Weird

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So Turning point is pretty fun, played it as both sides. Only the one map is pretty weak though, how hard would it be to modify the walker assault maps for turning point? :v:

Jakku is an awesome map, looks great, especially the skybox. Holy wow.

Are there any new blast maps or is it just turning point? That's weak.

SaltLick posted:

I know right?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

SaltLick posted:

Not for me? All I did was start Origin up and it downloaded both a 250ish meg update and then the dlc both

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I like some of the new spawns, but man it makes hoth really rebel sided. I think imperials really have to win the a-wing vs tie interceptor battle in phase 2 to have a solid shot at winning.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
After a week hiatus I've come back to the game and it only became more apparent to me how frustrating and shallow the game is. At least the grenade spam has been fixed somewhat but every game I got in was two or three players on the enemy team with upgraded Explosive Shot, using it and then hiding until it recharges.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
A Wings feel just a slight touch slower at turning than I remember. Other than that, they seem to be the same old bullshit. :suicide:

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

I think the reason is they don't want to break up those who queue with buddies and want to play on the same team. I also wouldn't want to be "randomly" assigned to the same side multiple games in a row. I prefer playing as the rebels, so 4 games in a row as an imp would get kinda old.

Rob Haldorson fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 2, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Chomp8645 posted:

Hahaha there were so many goons posting in the thread asking for exactly this change. I don't really care either way.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So if I was smart enough to not pre order but dumb enough to buy the season pass already, I don't get jakku right away? I'm still at work.

And of course I didn't pay $10 extra for the best gun either so I guess I am the king idiot.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

So if I was smart enough to not pre order but dumb enough to buy the season pass already, I don't get jakku right away? I'm still at work.

And of course I didn't pay $10 extra for the best gun either so I guess I am the king idiot.

Correct, early Jakku was preorders only.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Well with the maps not really balanced, giving you a random team each time would sometimes be really lovely. Static switching does mean that eventually with 5 maps you'd play each side, but like someone said you can't always expect people to play 10 rounds in a row. Also when they release the next map you have the old problem again. The teams don't seem to change too much between side switches, so you also get that feeling of doing better than the other team did, while 5 rounds later you don't get that.

Also seeing less charge card usage, though unsure if that is just all the spergs being out in the new map or the fix making people more conservative.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Reverse Centaur posted:

Yeah. Ideally you pre-ordered the day before. But some of those who pre-ordered on GMG didn't get the early jakku thing either.

Sucks but it'll be out for you in a week. I wouldn't say king idiot.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Reverse Centaur posted:

You will earn the gun as you play, and they will stay scrubs because they only use a single, OP weapon. Someday you will have that weapon, and they will still be scrubs. And on that day the trenches will run red with blood.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Reverse Centaur posted:

So if I was smart enough to not pre order

After we go and explain to the Americans how smart Canadians always preorder over in the PS4 thread you post this?!?

And you earn the gun at level 25 so it's pretty much $10 for a couple emotes.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Jakku is also a great example of how useful speeders can be with a super open outdoors map and no enemy fighters to contest them

not very

Speeder-bikes are purely in the game so other people can ride them and then you get to hear all the cool sound effects as they swoop past.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
I think my favourite part of Jakku is how much the black Shadow Trooper armour stands out against the desert, allowing strafing run after strafing run in the airspeeder targetting the ones who are probably getting most mad.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mister Chompers posted:

After we go and explain to the Americans how smart Canadians always preorder over in the PS4 thread you post this?!?

And you earn the gun at level 25 so it's pretty much $10 for a couple emotes.

Ssshh, I don't expect people to actually remember what I posted in the past!

I did pre-order for 30% off, then cancelled, then impulse bought it on PSN when I got that $15 credit. So yeah I really am king idiot.

I like the game though :wookie:

MotorCityBadBoy
Nov 15, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

So Turning point is pretty fun, played it as both sides. Only the one map is pretty weak though, how hard would it be to modify the walker assault maps for turning point? :v:

Jakku is an awesome map, looks great, especially the skybox. Holy wow.

Are there any new blast maps or is it just turning point? That's weak.

I know right?

There's a new smaller map set on Jakku, Goazan Badlands, for the LESSER game modes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

MotorCityBadBoy posted:

There's a new smaller map set on Jakku, Goazan Badlands, for the LESSER game modes.

Ah, good deal.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

The slightly tighter spread on the bowcaster is decently nice. I'm messing around with using it inside and with jetjumps outside, and results are decent. Probably be the next thing people are complaining about, but at least it is pretty easy to accidentally kill yourself with it unlike barrage.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

The Jakku map is by far my favorite on Fighter Squadron solely because it makes it fun to fly close to the ground all the way across as opposed to little clusters of stuff like on Sullust or Hoth.

Honestly this may be heresy but I'm having WAY more fun with Fighter Squadron than I ever did with the space battles in Battlefront 2. Of course the best thing would be if we got large-scale space battles with these mechanics but who knows.

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

Tim Burns Effect posted:

The Jakku map is by far my favorite on Fighter Squadron solely because it makes it fun to fly close to the ground all the way across as opposed to little clusters of stuff like on Sullust or Hoth.

Honestly this may be heresy but I'm having WAY more fun with Fighter Squadron than I ever did with the space battles in Battlefront 2. Of course the best thing would be if we got large-scale space battles with these mechanics but who knows.

40 v 40 on/around the surface of the Death Star or a Super Star Destroyer.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Played my first match ever. Endor WA, on Imps. 5 seconds in, I see a shiny blue thing, so I grab it. Buddy tells me it's a walker pickup, push 4 to purge rebel scum. Ok, I can do that. Oh hey, I have a grenade launcher? Cool. Buddy tells me to go to some offline point. I stumble around a stump and find a dozen angry green ants that start tickling me with blaster fire. I push 1 and they all die. gently caress yeah! Every time I start to walk away, the ants come back and I have to purge them with grenade fire. By the time Luke cuts me out of my walker, I have 32 kills and a chatlog of angry rebels upset about me. Game owns, 10/10

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Am I trippin or is Drop Zone just treated like another drat team deathmatch

I swear to God it's always me and at most 2 other players guarding the pod and everyone else just fucks off to MLG 420 PROSCOPE_XXX every day

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
This is easily the most poorly balanced game I've ever played. It's fun, but it's starting to get a bit annoying how impossible it is to win as Imperials on Walker Assault. You have to have retardedly unbalanced teams skillwise to even have a chance

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The Jakku map is amazing. Did one match of Turning Point from each side, and the feeling of meatgrinding through those series of wrecks was peak Star Wars. They sound design of the dying Super Star Destroyer is on point too, it sounds like the scream of god. You can fly your airspeeder past the still burning engines of that crashed regular SD too.

So, so good. Here's the crashing SSD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfIPxduRUIU

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 2, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Whats the trick to fighting AT-ST's? I feel like I will hit it with everything I got: rockets, lasers, grenades and barely dent it. Someone on my team will shoot it with a pistol and the drat thing explodes

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
You want ion torpedo. Ion grenade isn't so good anymore and ion shot is... OK but the boost isn't enough to warrant dropping something murdery.

Or just kill it from a fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Every time someone posts Endor WA I think "hmm yes it does look a lot like Washington State"

• Locked thread