Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
hey so uhhhh

we just had a brawl on Forest Colony that went down to the wire and featured p. much all kinds of styles of play

I think brawling is back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Splatcats work, It's like i'm in 2013 all over again.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Pattonesque posted:

hey so uhhhh

we just had a brawl on Forest Colony that went down to the wire and featured p. much all kinds of styles of play

I think brawling is back?

:gowron:

That would be awesome if true.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm trucking around in that "founder reward" centurion.

I'd say witness me but I'm pretty mediocre.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Every time I play its true.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

:gowron:

That would be awesome if true.

The structure bonuses on things like Atlases are so insane and the SRM changes such a buff that I think it might be?

I plowed my way into eight mechs and they couldn't kill me before the rest of the team set upon them. it was pretty baller

Kazvall posted:

Every time I play its true.

this patch basically directly benefits Kazvall in like a million ways

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
That's... a lot of balancing on the mechs, I've gotta admit.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Actually had a pretty good brawl with a bunch of Marauders earlier. Those things are not XL friendly at all.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I don't want to overstate things -- this is just the first day -- but try it and see for yourself. definitely feels like a big difference

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The C-Bill boost is a pretty good QOL improvement too.

But yeah, it seems like brawling might be undergoing a revival, based on the handful of games I played tonight. Might.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Every patch has people trying different things. Initial games show promise, but I'd like to see how things play in a couple weeks.

That said, SRMs are muuuuuch better and that in of itself is a huge.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
More SRM love makes me tempted to dust off my griffin 2N

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

What's a good splat cat build?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Oh my goodness Atlas. Yes.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I will say; the Cent-AH with the new SRM velocity/spread values and its reshuffled quirks is real fuckin' tight. Give it a shot if you have one.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

As for marauders, this seems to be working out pretty well so far:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=347&l=c9b7d908564bca80e00aa087eb32264d5c9d7a48

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Great Beer posted:

Oh my goodness Atlas. Yes.

I played a round with you on Mining, where you complimented some guys [BEER] tag. I don't remember if we won, but I do know that I learned that the Huggin is mean as hell. I'm a bit confused on it's quirks though. +25% missile cooldown and 5% SRM 4 cooldown. Does that mean that the Huggin only gets 5% cool down on SRM 4, or 30% cooldown? I've also learned that the Huggin with S-SRM 2 and BAP will gently caress up a Cheetah's day pretty quick. you can only harass non-lights, but god drat that Cheetah's going to loving die faster than it should.

I've been doing great in the Pirate's Bane and 1E. The only problem I'm having is with assaults. Stopping and starting is a huge pain in the rear end now. It's also made Alpine and Therma worse than before, unless playing conquest.

Someone save me from tier 2. Youtube "super stars" as far as the eye can see. I don't want to play against Kanajashi and his cronies anymore.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
oxide owns

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Repo Man posted:

I played a round with you on Mining, where you complimented some guys [BEER] tag. I don't remember if we won, but I do know that I learned that the Huggin is mean as hell. I'm a bit confused on it's quirks though. +25% missile cooldown and 5% SRM 4 cooldown. Does that mean that the Huggin only gets 5% cool down on SRM 4, or 30% cooldown? I've also learned that the Huggin with S-SRM 2 and BAP will gently caress up a Cheetah's day pretty quick. you can only harass non-lights, but god drat that Cheetah's going to loving die faster than it should

Im pretty sure my team lost that one. Glad to hear the huggin is still mean as poo poo, I liked that mech. I need to get better at stalkers. Theyre so painfully slow.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Great Beer posted:

Im pretty sure my team lost that one. Glad to hear the huggin is still mean as poo poo, I liked that mech. I need to get better at stalkers. Theyre so painfully slow.

Every assault is so drat slow now.

Best match in the Huggin was near 1K damage. Seems to play similar to how it did pre-patch. Just run into a group and start firing at anything alive. You can definitely still focus down a lone assault, the occasional heavy, or any other stupid light that thinks you should be an easy kill. The SRM buff helps it a lot. I just wish it had 1 energy mount for a backup small laser or something. I burn ammo way too fast.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The Repo Man posted:

Someone save me from tier 2. Youtube "super stars" as far as the eye can see. I don't want to play against Kanajashi and his cronies anymore.

I'm in Tier 2 and I've barely fought "notable" community members, although I see some familiar faces pretty often.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I'm tier 3. How do I go back to 4 so I can beat up bads again

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Great Beer posted:

I'm tier 3. How do I go back to 4 so I can beat up bads again

Tier 3 means you get to fight tiers 1 -5.

If you want to deliberately drop then sorry, it's designed to basically only go up over time unless you're truly awful.

I guess you could try machinegun only Maulers or something. Spend everything else on gauss ammo so you explode faster.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

sebmojo posted:

What's a good splat cat build?

catapult A1 loaded with SRM6's only. still suffers from the 'hey shoot all my weapons off' arms

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

novaSphere posted:

I'm in Tier 2 and I've barely fought "notable" community members, although I see some familiar faces pretty often.

play solo queue a lot? last night our group kept running up against tryhard groups.

brawling is better but long range laser alpha is still there. Did I hear right, did gauss get a ROF nerf?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

A Curvy Goonette posted:

agreed. having a team lose 48-12 in 28 minutes is a vast improvement from 48-3 in 15 minutes and honestly improves the entire experience for everyone

Have you tried not playing on 2fort?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

play solo queue a lot? last night our group kept running up against tryhard groups.

brawling is better but long range laser alpha is still there. Did I hear right, did gauss get a ROF nerf?

Yeah, I don't know the exact time but Gauss ROF is slow as poo poo now.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Anita Dickinme posted:

Yeah, I don't know the exact time but Gauss ROF is slow as poo poo now.

You can get a gauss shot off once every 7-10 seconds. I think that's pretty close to where it should be.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Gauss cooldown is 6 seconds -- I believe it used to be 4.5.

Dual gauss will probably still be a thing, but single gauss is too slow to compete.

The Grid Iron got double nerfed with the gauss change and its reduced quirks -- hope you didn't buy one!

Also, here is how Paul Inouye, the game's lead designer, builds a Catapult-K2:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/185249-looking-for-catapult-builds-and-tips/page__p__4848953#entry4848953

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Coolwhoami posted:

Splatcats work, It's like i'm in 2013 all over again.

I rebuilt my Crow with 6xSRM5 and like 550 missiles and a smpl filled with heat sinks and just ran around making GBS threads on people. The new missile speed makes you almost able to hit poo poo reliably.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
who do I contact to get a refund on my grid iron?

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Willfrey posted:

'hey shoot all my weapons off' arms

fwiw this part rules when you're in a jesterrible and the only things in the arms are gag flamethrowers while you have three large pulse lasers in the torso.

Gonna leave that autocorrection in.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

Gauss cooldown is 6 seconds -- I believe it used to be 4.5.

Dual gauss will probably still be a thing, but single gauss is too slow to compete.

I was including the charge and hold time. Single gauss might be fine if you can back it up with LPL or ERPPCs, but it certainly won't work as a lone big gun, but then it wasn't that great before as a single big gun.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

2 tons of ammo for 2 uac5s stored in the CT, an XL225, mixing MPLs with LLs, and AMS. What a bad mech.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Great Beer posted:

2 tons of ammo for 2 uac5s stored in the CT, an XL225, mixing MPLs with LLs, and AMS. What a bad mech.

Speaks to how he thinks the game is played, and why balance is such trash.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
that catapult goes 60 kph with an XL engine

it would lose to literally every other mech in the game

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

that catapult goes 60 kph with an XL engine

it would lose to literally every other mech in the game

Yes, but 64 Kph is the canon speed so this build is fluff accurate and

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
My crow goes over 100 and can poo poo out 30 missiles every 3? seconds. Paul is bad at the game he is supposed to be DESIGNING. Anyone see the problem?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
new battle of Tukayyid even this weekend

https://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Good, I need more squawk boxes

• Locked thread