Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Yes for Trypticon. Boo for late 2017 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Sockser posted:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

i've never been more proud to be a part of the democratic process.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
In your collective face, people who wanted one of the worse other options.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I received Devastation as a gift and so far it seems fun despite Devastator being ridiculouslyoversized in game. Surprised there hasn't been much talk about it here.

I think there was when it came out. I just got it thanks to the poster that gave the $17.99 link (thanks guy!). I have a feeling it's more common for Devastator to be portrayed as larger than the sum of his parts than not, so that seems par the course.

I'm playing through the game on medium difficulty and Bombshell is absolutely kicking my rear end. I wonder if I can start at the beginning again but with my item/leveling progress intact so I can grind my stuff up enough to make up for my lack of skill at this game...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I received Devastation as a gift and so far it seems fun despite Devastator being ridiculouslyoversized in game. Surprised there hasn't been much talk about it here.

There's a thread in games about it, I think most people went there. Seems like a good game, but I know from experience that I'm really bad at Platinum games, If it was a Souls game I would have been all over it like a Magnus Armor.

Sockser posted:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Vote was rigged, insider bias.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Goldskull posted:

Yes for Trypticon. Boo for late 2017 though.

Jesus seriously? We're gonna be over a year into President Trump's reign before we get our awesome robot dinosaur?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

So the Facebook page says, Id've thought next year and they'd have started doing things with all three, this was just to establish the pecking order but I guess not.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
That's how long the development and production process takes

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'd always had an estimate in mind of like 6 months early design, 12-18 design and development (we usually start to see and hear about stuff in here), 6 months to manufacture then ship.

I just assumed they were out of early design and into the design process. But inversely, there is a bay fart cloud over next year, so a titan in late 2016 felt unlikely (I assume fort max is before the movie, then it shifts into movie toys while titan masters trickles out for 12 months)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

That's how long the development and production process takes

I was gonna say "Well Victorion didn't take that long!!" but I am guessing Trypticon is something new vs toothpaste-colored repaints of existing figures :v:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Victorion also still isn't even out.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

catch22 posted:

I'm playing through the game on medium difficulty and Bombshell is absolutely kicking my rear end. I wonder if I can start at the beginning again but with my item/leveling progress intact so I can grind my stuff up enough to make up for my lack of skill at this game...

It's not even necessarily lack of skill. Weapon drops and forging are part of the difficulty curve. You're meant to grind, a lot.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

therealjon_ posted:

Or even up for preorder

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Sizone posted:

It's not even necessarily lack of skill. Weapon drops and forging are part of the difficulty curve. You're meant to grind, a lot.

To a ridiculous degree. Once you get past the presentation it's really not a very good game, mainly due to the grind, but people will defend it because it's Platinum. I guess something is better than nothing, though, since we're never getting another High Moon game.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Dear Secret Santee,

I'm sorry my local Vintage stock got a bunch of rad transformers in after I bought you your stuff. Like Energon Omega Supreme, Primus, and a bunch of Prime guys. Hopefully you like what you get anyway.

On a related note I just picked up Gen Sky Byte and that one shark battleship thing Thew did a multi-person review on for $6 each. yay. Especially yay because the other Voyagers were $10.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I was gonna say "Well Victorion didn't take that long!!" but I am guessing Trypticon is something new vs toothpaste-colored repaints of existing figures :v:

therealjon_ posted:

Other posted:

Or even up for preorder

When isshe supposed to be available, anyway?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

She is part of the 2016 line, probably the last squirt of combiner wars before the titanic returns

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

When isshe supposed to be available, anyway?

I've heard around April or so

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Keldroc posted:

To a ridiculous degree. Once you get past the presentation it's really not a very good game, mainly due to the grind, but people will defend it because it's Platinum. I guess something is better than nothing, though, since we're never getting another High Moon game.

git gud scrub

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So just looked it up, and it's Energon Sharkticon, which is a redeco of Sky-byte. So I just bought Sky-byte twice.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Anora posted:

So just looked it up, and it's Energon Sharkticon, which is a redeco of Sky-byte. So I just bought Sky-byte twice.

You have it backwards: Sharkticon was a new mold for Energon that got redecoed as Sky-Byte for some Botcon thing, and also fuckin' sweet to boot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey if anyone needs CW Defensor I have a complete set of the six bots still in package I am selling for $115 shipped.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Spiderdrake posted:

I'd always had an estimate in mind of like 6 months early design, 12-18 design and development (we usually start to see and hear about stuff in here), 6 months to manufacture then ship.

I just assumed they were out of early design and into the design process. But inversely, there is a bay fart cloud over next year, so a titan in late 2016 felt unlikely (I assume fort max is before the movie, then it shifts into movie toys while titan masters trickles out for 12 months)

I was wondering if they had maybe started development on the hush hush and were using the poll to decide which one to release first but I guess not.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

git gud scrub

Is it possible to be good at endless menu trash loot navigation? Is that secretly what all the Platinum fanboys excel at?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow, this little dude looks awesome.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

Does it split apart?

If not then it's just an expensive action master. The real devastator can do that exact same pose.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shut up, Taco.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Invictus posted:

I love chibi devi what is his real name, I want to buy one?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just want people to know that you can make Transformers guys in Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's no 100% exact but it's 98% of the way where.

the mechs also transform which helps with the transformers themed thing. They also explore an environment straight out of 1980's science fiction and battle dinosaurs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

strangehamster posted:

I love chibi devi what is his real name, I want to buy one?

Toy-something devastator, don't remember the full name, he's on bbts

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Also at BBTS are the G1 color repaints (with new heads) of the movie Dinobots:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS24847&mode=retail

These are probably going to show up at TRU or Amazon, right? I want to get them, but at that price, not so much.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
The Grimlock in the set is the voyager Grimlock. Leader Grimlock is, if you can get over his oddly elongated dino mode, a much, much better figure.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Luchacabra posted:

These are probably going to show up at TRU or Amazon, right? I want to get them, but at that price, not so much.

If I didn't have the molds already it's honestly not too bad a price. 2 22 dollar voyagers and 3 15 dollar deluxes.

So expensive but not TFCC expensive. It's Japan prices basically. It should honestly be a hundo.

Sadly HTS doesn't have them from what I saw merely the movie closer color set. A shame because free shipping and 20% off with CYBER as a coupon code. And Chop Shop, Buzzsaw, and Legends Shockwave are in stock. I just ordered Choppy as that Buzzsaw is kind of poo poo compared to even the Data Disk one, and I have Deluxe FoC Shocky. Sadly no Pipes or Jetfires there. And even GEEWUN Slingshot was out of stock. So just Chopshop. I got that Alligatorcon from Impossible Toys for 25 shipped and he is basically worth that. With a slightly higher grade of plastic, a couple more pegs, and some ratcheting joints he would kick all the asses. Instead he is merely pretty neat.

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Captain Rufus posted:

If I didn't have the molds already it's honestly not too bad a price. 2 22 dollar voyagers and 3 15 dollar deluxes.

So expensive but not TFCC expensive. It's Japan prices basically. It should honestly be a hundo.

Sure, it's not ludicrous, but I bet Amazon will have a better price in general if they carry it. And they might even have a sale price going into Xmas.

Also, I'm still trying to catch up with regular TF stuff. I just now got Motor Master, and have Silverbolt on the way from Amazon's fifteen dollar Black Friday sale, so I can finally actually form a full combiner. I've had the limbs of those two guys since this summer.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Captain Rufus posted:

? Listing for 149, (2*22) + (3*15) is 89.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm still waiting for leader Starscream to drop below 30 bucks

I've got a feeling that we'll be seeing the leader sized coneheads and then I'll be kicking myself for not having the full team.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Luchacabra posted:

They're all over Canada, I think they were $100 at TRU for BF (That's CDN, so about $75 USD)

Every thread about them on cybertron.ca is so loving full of salt it is glorious

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've got a feeling that we'll be seeing the leader sized coneheads and then I'll be kicking myself for not having the full team.
oh no what would you do without one of the 27 different starscreams

oh right OCD right

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Rufus posted:

Sadly HTS doesn't have them from what I saw merely the movie closer color set. A shame because free shipping and 20% off with CYBER as a coupon code. And Chop Shop, Buzzsaw, and Legends Shockwave are in stock. I just ordered Choppy as that Buzzsaw is kind of poo poo compared to even the Data Disk one, and I have Deluxe FoC Shocky. Sadly no Pipes or Jetfires there. And even GEEWUN Slingshot was out of stock. So just Chopshop. I got that Alligatorcon from Impossible Toys for 25 shipped and he is basically worth that. With a slightly higher grade of plastic, a couple more pegs, and some ratcheting joints he would kick all the asses. Instead he is merely pretty neat.

Thank you for reminding me. I don't want anyone from that Legends wave except Shockwave, and he's sold out at BBTS unless you buy a case or a set of whatever.

Out of curiosity, did everyone who wanted a Combiner Wars Viper get one? I'm fishing for my Secret Santee but can't remember if they expressed an interest.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I got one, still in it's box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bought Menasor for $70. He's okay, I guess. How do I make him cooler? There's some weird manner of transforming his shoulders, isn't there?

E:
Also, how cool is Offroad? The set I bought came with Brakeneck, which is cool, but goddamnit I hate the reused molds in CW, and Offroad only exists elsewhere as Ironhide, right?

Sockser fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 2, 2015