Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Meydey posted:

So with my revolving door at QB since Luck died, I have the following options:

Hoyer @ Buffalo (only QB on roster)
Alex Smith @ Oak
Tyrod @ Hou
Brock @ SD

Just dropped McCown, NYG def, and CJ2k so have roster spots open
I need to win, or 2 other teams to lose to make the playoffs.
Recommendations?

Alex Smith has a really awesome schedule and might be worth getting. I would pick up him and Brock.

Teeter posted:

Finished this season 2-10 and have been out of playoff contention for weeks now, but at least I've managed to play spoiler. My second win came last week and prevented someone from getting the final playoff spot. I've also been able to snag almost every replacement RB due to reverse standings for waivers. I've had Charcandrick, DeAngelo Williams, Rawls, and Spencer Ware. I will be getting David Johnson this week, and will try getting Draughn as well. I want to make sure that waivers are a wasteland for the playoff teams that remain.

gently caress fantasy forever

This. This is how you play fantasy football.

SeannieDarko posted:

Who's the QB add here? I have Tyrod, but I don't like him against Houston D/ST

Fitzpatrick @ NYG
Cutler vs. SF
Osweiler @ SD
Mariota vs. Jac

I need a home run here as I have to win to get into the playoffs.

Fitzmagic has been a surprise play. I'd be comfortable with either him or Osweiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So since we are speaking of desperation pickups of Pryor, when should i pick up Josh Gordon?

Edit: But seriously, I need to keep him for next year before he breaks the single season receiving record.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Listening to a bunch of podcasts today, you may have to pay up a bit for Shaun Draughn if you want him now.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 1, 2015

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Alex Smith has a really awesome schedule and might be worth getting. I would pick up him and Brock.

This. This is how you play fantasy football.

Fitzmagic has been a surprise play. I'd be comfortable with either him or Osweiler.

Awesome. I was leaning towards Fitzmagic myself.

I also own Luck. Is he even worth rostering at this point?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SeannieDarko posted:

Awesome. I was leaning towards Fitzmagic myself.

I also own Luck. Is he even worth rostering at this point?

I wouldn't unless there's nothing else to worry about.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm at a loss. Cutler or Tannehill? On one hand Tannehill is playing a nice game against Baltimore's porous D, on the other hand he's got a new OC that wants to run the ball more. Cutler had a decent game against a tough defense in lovely weather and he's playing SF.

Also this decision would be unimportant if I didn't sit one of my studs back in week 2. Don't sit your studs, folks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RCarr posted:

So since we are speaking of desperation pickups of Pryor, when should i pick up Josh Gordon?

Edit: But seriously, I need to keep him for next year before he breaks the single season receiving record.

Josh Gordon isn't playing again hth

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

I'm at a loss. Cutler or Tannehill? On one hand Tannehill is playing a nice game against Baltimore's porous D, on the other hand he's got a new OC that wants to run the ball more. Cutler had a decent game against a tough defense in lovely weather and he's playing SF.

Also this decision would be unimportant if I didn't sit one of my studs back in week 2. Don't sit your studs, folks.

Probably Cutler, for now and rest of season, though it's close this week.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
While we are on the QB discussion, which of these losers should I pick up to replace noted loser Matt Ryan? I also have Brees but he has a rough matchup this week and I need a win for a first round BYE.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Like Jets or Houston D/ST ROS?

Houston has looked pretty solid lately...

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Teeter posted:

Finished this season 2-10 and have been out of playoff contention for weeks now, but at least I've managed to play spoiler. My second win came last week and prevented someone from getting the final playoff spot. I've also been able to snag almost every replacement RB due to reverse standings for waivers. I've had Charcandrick, DeAngelo Williams, Rawls, and Spencer Ware. I will be getting David Johnson this week, and will try getting Draughn as well. I want to make sure that waivers are a wasteland for the playoff teams that remain.

gently caress fantasy forever

This was me but in the process of sowing the waivers with naught but salt I managed to claw up from 1-6 to 6-6 thanks to my cartel of startable waiver RBs. Now I have a glimmer of a shadow of a fart of a chance to make it into the playoffs this week if certain other teams gently caress up just right

but hope is for losers and I'm more concerned about making sure the guy ahead of me who just lost Chris Johnson doesn't pick up David Johnson on the waiver

Broken Box fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 2, 2015

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

MrSargent posted:

While we are on the QB discussion, which of these losers should I pick up to replace noted loser Matt Ryan? I also have Brees but he has a rough matchup this week and I need a win for a first round BYE.

Cutler at home vs. the Niners

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

coronaball posted:

Cutler at home vs. the Niners

That's what I was thinking, thanks.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
My main league just had its first rage quit. Last place team dumped their entire roster for players on IR. I'm torn between hoping the commissioner undoes it since I can't pick up all the good players (and out of fairness/playing by the rules, I guess), but I could really use the ones that I have room for.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Hah any reason in particular for the rage quit? But yea, your commish should undo the transactions, lock his roster, and boot him.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

ZIGfried posted:

Hah any reason in particular for the rage quit? But yea, your commish should undo the transactions, lock his roster, and boot him.

No idea aside from being in last place with no shot at the playoffs, he's been in our league for years. It happened at like 1 in the morning his time, so I guess it could be a "I got really drunk and will change my mind in the morning" things, but we'll see. If he did it consciously then yeah he shouldn't be in the league. I told the commissioner I'm stashing Hilton and JJ Watt (the only guys I really could use) until he makes his decision, because he's pretty checked out of the league this year and I don't want anyone else to have them while we wait for him to check his email.

If you're losing and mad I don't get why you'd dump your team, it only helps the teams that have been pounding on you the whole season. Do what the other guy recently posted and try and make those people lose instead.

e: I'm particularly mad about it because he's going up against two teams in week 13 and 14 that I'm directly competing with for the last playoff spot

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 2, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What a douche that dude is an infant. There are no byes left. The commish should undo his moves, put in his best players and lock the team.

Then find a replacement owner.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
My team is beat to poo poo and probably won't make playoffs, but I can't decide who gets my last WR spot: LaFell or Davante Adams?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Kingtheninja posted:

My team is beat to poo poo and probably won't make playoffs, but I can't decide who gets my last WR spot: LaFell or Davante Adams?

Flip a coin but instead of catching it, make sure you miss and it hits the ground.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I'd go Lafell. Adams is poo poo.

Raveen
Jul 18, 2004
Snagged David Johnson off waivers. The thing is Lamar Miller got dropped for Lacy. The next two weeks don't matter for me since I've locked a bye in the playoffs for week 14, so weeks 15 & 16 are what I'm looking at. We can only have 3 RBs and mine are DJ, Ingram, and McFadden. Should I drop anyone for Miller?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Maybe. Who would you be dropping?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
What kind of dumb league restricts you to 3 RBs? Or do you mean that you can only start 3?

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
I have a feeling that Gronk will play this week, and it'll be announced last minute as a dick move.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Someone please talk me out of adding Miami's D against the Ravens instead of starting Seattles D vs Minnesota just because I also own Adrian Peterson.

gently caress it, I'm doing it. Any defense who's facing Schaub and Buck Allen with Kamar Aiken as your premier WR is bound to put up points.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who would you want ROS in non-ppr?

Ryan Mathews or Tevin Coleman?

Raveen
Jul 18, 2004
We can only have 3 on the roster and can play up to 3 with the flex.. It is a pain in the rear end since you really can't handcuff, so I didn't get Freeman when Coleman went down at the start of the season. Its just a $10 work league and I think the commish did it since it "people were really hoarding RBs last year". I think it does kind of let everyone have a pick of ok RBs off the waivers so it does keep it competitive, but it does make you have choices like my last post.

Raveen fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 2, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Someone dropped Marshawn Lynch in my deep bench double flex league...

Paging Seahawks Insider Benne: what are the odds Lynch plays again this season?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Lynch will only comeback for real life playoffs. He's exactly one week removed from sports hernia surgery, so he'll be out for another 3-4 weeks if all goes well.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I have Rivers but don't really want to play him against Denver.. just picked up Tannehill, but Alex Smith and Fitzmagic are also there on waivers.. would you play either of them over Tannehill this week or am I going into serious overthink mode

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Is the Saints D kinda fixed with Rob Ryan gone? Like is Jameis not an automatic streamer next week? I expected a bigger game from Hoyer.

Again, I know it's 2 weeks out, but is Jameis v. NO a no brainer vs. Palmer v. Min?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

Someone dropped Marshawn Lynch in my deep bench double flex league...

Paging Seahawks Insider Benne: what are the odds Lynch plays again this season?

Approximately the same as him returning in 2016 (zero)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Varg posted:

I have Rivers but don't really want to play him against Denver.. just picked up Tannehill, but Alex Smith and Fitzmagic are also there on waivers.. would you play either of them over Tannehill this week or am I going into serious overthink mode

I wouldn't trust Tannehill any week, much less one week with an interim OC. Just play Rivers.

BigFactory posted:

Is the Saints D kinda fixed with Rob Ryan gone? Like is Jameis not an automatic streamer next week? I expected a bigger game from Hoyer.

Again, I know it's 2 weeks out, but is Jameis v. NO a no brainer vs. Palmer v. Min?

Did you watch the Saints last week? That D is as dogshit as ever. Hoyer just isn't that good.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011

BigFactory posted:

I watched the game and they still looked terrible.

Texans D was on fire and Houston went up by two touchdowns in the first quarter after which they kinda stepped back and started farting around.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Benne posted:

Approximately the same as him returning in 2016 (zero)

I've been holding onto Marshawn because our league is stupid and has a week 17 championship, and I am holding onto the slim hope that he might be back (and playing) that week. Is this a stupid plan?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Vargo posted:

I've been holding onto Marshawn because our league is stupid and has a week 17 championship, and I am holding onto the slim hope that he might be back (and playing) that week. Is this a stupid plan?

Why bother? Rawls is playing well and if they have a playoff spot clinched by then there's no incentive to rush Lynch back.

It's a drat sports hernia. 3-4 weeks is a generous prognosis. Cut your losses and find someone who can actually play right now.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Looking at Rest of Season matchups, who's more worth the stash, Hasslebeck or Hoyer? I'm leaning Hasslebeck.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Thanks Benne. I'll just continue to sigh and scroll past him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm pretty sure I have to sit Gurley this week and plug D. Johnson in. StL QB/playcalling has been beyond inept and I just can't trust him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Benne posted:

Did you watch the Saints last week? That D is as dogshit as ever. Hoyer just isn't that good.

Cam is going to destroy that defense this week. I can't wait.

• Locked thread