Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I got two tickets, bowl seating. I entered the lottery for two tickets, my friend I'm going with entered for two, and so did his wife. They both got denied.

Now to shop for airfare. It's damned expensive but we have friends who live there so at least we won't have to pay for lodging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It looks like another presale for 3-day tickets is happening at 10am mountain time today.

e: or not, needed a special code to get in

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 19, 2015

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Got two tickets for the first night. Now to try and save enough for the plane ticket :woop:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Was able to get two tickets for Saturday and Sunday. I HAD 3 day pass tickets in my cart, but the website hosed up and ended my session during checkout.

Gonna be driving out from Nebraska, so no airfare to worry about, but I'd better get the hotel booked now.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

They were out of the three day passes four minutes in.

I'm still hitting the refresh button, trying to force tickets into existence, but I'm sure it's all over.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hopefully this is an actual reunion, and not just a one-off set of shows. Would really love to see a full tour (every year forever)

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

Hopefully this is an actual reunion, and not just a one-off set of shows. Would really love to see a full tour (every year forever)

Since the rumors of a reunion turned out true, I'll spread more here - word is they'll be kicking off a small tour (I heard 16 cities) with a few festival appearances (Bonnaroo for example).

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

Hopefully this is an actual reunion

We'll know if they open the show with "Friends"

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer
I'M FHACKIN GOIN FACK YEAH

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I've seen plenty of poop ship closers, how about a poop ship opener?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

I've seen plenty of poop ship closers, how about a poop ship opener?

The lights dim. Ice Castles begins playing over the PA. The crowd goes nuts. The boys come on the stage about two-thirds of the way through and immediately rip into the Grobe just as Ice Castles ends. I hope they don't start with Fiesta or Exactly Where I'm At.

I'm so excited. I can't believe I not only get to see Ween again, but I get to see them in Colorado for two nights in a loving row.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 21, 2015

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Comedy option I think that they will open with "waiving my dick in the wind".

Also, Deaner just uploaded this

https://youtu.be/8k2Eg8fcG_4

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Has anyone received tickets yet? I'm waiting for mine.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

me your dad posted:

Has anyone received tickets yet? I'm waiting for mine.

got mine yesterday

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I was so frantic during the checkout process that I forgot to select a different delivery method than the default "flash seats" one, so I got mine delivered electronically through their janky website/app.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
DWG Thanksgiving soundboard.

http://www.chocodog.com/chocodog/thanks.zip

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

me your dad posted:

Since the rumors of a reunion turned out true, I'll spread more here - word is they'll be kicking off a small tour (I heard 16 cities) with a few festival appearances (Bonnaroo for example).
They just announced they're playing at Okeechobee Music & Arts Festival in Florida in March.

It'sreallyhappening!

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
And another 3-night gig in NYC

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

BANME.sh posted:

I saw that. I'm about a four hour drive from NYC but I've got no regrets getting tickets and a flight to Colorado instead. If I didn't have kids I'd make it to NYC too but seeing them for the first two nights in Colorado is much more preferable to me :)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BANME.sh posted:

The Ween Facebook page only announced one on April 14, where are the others? As someone who lives in NYC, though, I will seize this opportunity with gusto.

Edit: They posted one for April 15 as well, so the third one is probably the 16th. I hear Terminal 5 is kinda crappy for concerts, but it's Ween. They could have it in a giant toilet bowl and I'd still go.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 9, 2015

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
If such a venue existed I'm sure Ween would be the first band to play there

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
ween.com is where i got the info from. they list the 14th, 15th and 16th.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

JAMOOOL posted:

If such a venue existed I'm sure Ween would be the first band to play there

That would be more GWAR (RIP Dave Brockie) than Ween.

gently caress I'm so excited for the Denver shows.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

me your dad posted:

That would be more GWAR (RIP Dave Brockie) than Ween.
Have a weird Gwar cover of Birthday Boy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mA4220YqaM

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tickets got sold out within seconds of them going on sale. Ah well, I'm sure one or both of them will need the money again.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Was looking for something to do for NYE and saw that Deaner is playing in Chicago.

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/974981

$150 though, jesus.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I just got into Ween in TYOOL 2015.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

sout posted:

I just got into Ween in TYOOL 2015.

Welcome :horse:

Has anyone not gotten their tickets for the Colorado shows? I'm still waiting for mine and I've read others who have received them.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

Harminoff posted:

Was looking for something to do for NYE and saw that Deaner is playing in Chicago.

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/974981

$150 though, jesus.

I believe it is open bar that night, so likely worth it. He is also playing the night before for $40.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Deaner is playing live on ustream taking requests for $5

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brownie-troop-fishing

Playing unreleased songs as well!

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 6, 2016

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Dean uploaded Ween's entire Lollapalooza (2006?) set on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El6grEHSlJw&t=840s

Music starts at 14:00

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Man, it's super upsetting knowing how small the chance of getting to see these guys in the UK is. Curious to see if the band will reform after these shows or keep doing their weird solo performance where they play Ween stuff separately. I haven't gotten around to their 2007(?) album yet but people seem pretty lukewarm towards it so maybe I shouldn't be too excited at the prospect of a new record, but I don't really expect one anyway.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
La cucaracha isn't bad.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

sout posted:

Man, it's super upsetting knowing how small the chance of getting to see these guys in the UK is. Curious to see if the band will reform after these shows or keep doing their weird solo performance where they play Ween stuff separately. I haven't gotten around to their 2007(?) album yet but people seem pretty lukewarm towards it so maybe I shouldn't be too excited at the prospect of a new record, but I don't really expect one anyway.

IDK Deaner was playing some unreleased DWG songs the other night and people thought it was b-sides from God Ween Satan or The Pod so I'm pretty excited about that.

Also, he's live again over at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brownie-troop-fishing

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

sout posted:

Man, it's super upsetting knowing how small the chance of getting to see these guys in the UK is.

I hear you, I only saw them once (well, twice, back to back nights) here in Australia. Still the best gigs I've ever seen by any band ever. They only played one song on both nights (Fiesta), otherwise it was basically close to 3hrs both nights of completely different setlists - value for money! The best part was finishing work the night of the second gig and walking to the bar to have a few pre-gig drinks and walking right past Gener who was out taking photographs of the city. Stopped and chatted/photos etc with him for nearly 10mins, he was super chill and friendly. More than any other band in the world I'd want to see them again.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Got my tickets in the mail yesterday for Colorado :woop:

Deaner is streaming something crazy right now - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brownie-troop-fishing

It's 2:00 pm. It sounds like Salem's Pot but with a faster drum beat.

Christ this is so loving good. I wish he'd release a solo album like this.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 9, 2016

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

all this after deaner hit up crowdfunding to pay for a van for his house band

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I hope anyone here who needed tickets paid attention to the sale yesterday.

:derp: two weeks to go :derp:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Deaner just posted that he has counted 94 songs rehearsed for the 3 night residency, with no song to be repeated. I know that's the usual MO, but god drat they're doing it right and Im stuck on the other side of the world :( you guys going are going to need to provide some drat good reviews....please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

With any luck, there'll be tapes.