Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madbullogna
Jul 23, 2009

KillHour posted:

If he's telling you he's uncomfortable with an open relationship, you need to either be monogamous or sever. You don't want to get into the situation where one person views the relationship as more serious than the other person.

Bomrek posted:

...Good luck. I've been in your shoes and in his shoes and it's hard either way. I can't tell you how to act but you must act decisively.

Avalinka posted:

... You may just need to define the rules more clearly too, to reduce any misunderstandings (or even just reduce the fear of misunderstandings)

Thanks all. I would definitely have no problem being exclusive if that works better for us. Hell, we spend so much time together we almost are as we barely have time for others in the mix, heh. I think Avalinka's comment about us not having a long established relationship to serve as a foundation of trust probably plays a big role as well.

We talked some more last night after having dinner and date night, and I think things are on the right track. We decided we both want some uninterrupted 'us time' as well to help sort things out, so we're taking a trip to DFW next weekend to focus on us and what we ultimately want. I believe we're veering towards monogamy, which I think will work better, particular for him. We both expressed our belief that almost any challenge can be overcome, or at the minimum a workaround found, if you're willing to put in the time and commitment that it needs. We shall see.

Thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.
I figured at some point it would be a good idea to have condoms, so I went to CVS and there is nothing there that's just labeled "condom". It's all stuff like "super thin!" and "good feelings super pack!" and "magnum!" and I'm like... I just want some normal condoms. Where do I get those?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Because there's no such thing as a a normal condom. You have to try out different kinds to see what fits and feels good.

Measure your dick and go here:

http://www.condom-sizes.org/condom-size-chart/condom-size-chart

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

KillHour posted:

Because there's no such thing as a a normal condom. You have to try out different kinds to see what fits and feels good.

Measure your dick and go here:

http://www.condom-sizes.org/condom-size-chart/condom-size-chart

People without dicks also buy condoms, in which case just buy a couple of different kinds/sizes that seem fun?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Crystal Geometry posted:

People without dicks also buy condoms, in which case just buy a couple of different kinds/sizes that seem fun?

Nulshit is a dude.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 22, 2015

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Kofi Annan posted:

My wife and I recently acquired a super hot early 20s FWB, and the experience has led us to the understanding that we, now approaching our 30s, know jack all about 20 year olds.

So, uh, she's like 22 and you're like 28 and this is some enormous generational age gap to you? :psyduck:

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I don't lose an erection after orgasm and can keep it up for as long as she wants it afterword. Is that anything to worry about?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

No.

Edit: Unless you maintain an erection for more than 4 hours. Don't do that.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

feedmegin posted:

So, uh, she's like 22 and you're like 28 and this is some enormous generational age gap to you? :psyduck:

Please do not trivialize the difference between those who watched Doug on Nickelodeon and those who watched the Disney reboot.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Shine posted:

Please do not trivialize the difference between those who watched Doug on Nickelodeon and those who watched the Disney reboot.

Man I just feel that much older now :smith:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Shine posted:

Thanks. Now I have to go kill myself because I'm an old.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

You wanna feel really old, there are people with drivers' licenses these days who were born to people I graduated highschool with.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

KillHour posted:

Edit: Unless you maintain an erection for more than 4 hours. Don't do that.

Does it fall off or something if that happens?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Does it fall off or something if that happens?

Yes. Quite literally.

I do not recommend clicking this link.

:nms: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3192523/ :nms:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

KillHour posted:

Yes. Quite literally.

I do not recommend clicking this link.

:nms: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3192523/ :nms:

Okay, who gets gangrene on their dick and then refuses treatment for it?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Indeed, I'm furious that article just ends there. Fool must have got readmitted somewhere.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Since this comes up occasionally have some notes from a class a friend of mine taught.

Some shops to buy rope from:

http://www.renaissancerope.com/
http://www.jaderope.com/
http://www.twistedmonk.com/
http://mocojute.com/
http://www.esinem-rope.com/
https://fetlife.com/users/796639/posts/1795461 - This post has a shitload of places to buy rope listed.

Good books:

Shibari You Can Use by Lee Harrington
More Shibari You Can Use by Lee Harrington
Complete Shibari: Land and Sky by Douglas Kent
Two Knotty Boys Showing You The Ropes by The Two Knotty Boys

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

OwlFancier posted:

Okay, who gets gangrene on their dick and then refuses treatment for it?

Eh, it'll get better by itself.

The worst story I heard is a guy who injected cocaine into his dick to get a longer erection. And boy, did he. It lasted for :siren:3 days:siren: and he ended up losing his dick and his leg due to gangrene.

So, uh, don't do that.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Was just about to do it but you talked me out of it

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Fallorn posted:

I don't lose an erection after orgasm and can keep it up for as long as she wants it afterword. Is that anything to worry about?

You have been cursed with the ability to forever smash that pussy.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Agoat posted:

You have been cursed with the ability to forever smash that pussy.

*Disclaimer: don't do this more than four hours without letting it rest.

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!

Fallorn posted:

I used to be able to do that, then I got old.
Make the best of it my son, kick her back doors in, then swap condoms and go to the front, and keep going until you both run out of lube, natural or artificial. It's a gift you will lose, so do what you can, while you can.
The best I can do now is gently ease my penis into her pussy, like a limp eel into a squid.
Hammer on while you are young!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

You don't lose it forever, it will still happen off and on. Really just depends on a few things, which could be different for everyone.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 28, 2015

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Hello thread. After being with the same partner for years, I'm single again. Just have a few questions about being with a new partner since it's been ages (I'm a female, for reference).

1. I'm allergic to latex, but Skyn condoms loving suck. Are there any other brands that are latex-free but feel better? This is especially for the man's benefit, as all condoms feel the same to me but most of the guys I've been with have hated Skyn (often to the point of losing their boners :ohdear: )

2. What about condom-safe lube for an extremely sensitive vagina? I used either coconut or olive oil for ages, but was bareback in a monogamous relationship and didn't have to worry about the condom degrading. Haven't had much luck with water based lubes though, even sensitive skin Astroglide gives me BV almost immediately afterwards.

3. If a monogamous relationship did form with someone, how long should condoms be used before I give the "I use BC, I'm STD free, let's ditch the stupid condoms" talk? I'm sure it varies, but saying it too soon makes the girl sound like she's either irresponsible or baby-daddy hunting.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I can't believe you guys hate Skyn. I recommend it over regular condoms even when nobody has a latex allergy. Are you using a drop of lube on the inside?

Astroglide makes terrible lubes, I feel you on that. Pick up a sample pack of non-drugstore stuff from Babeland or Condom Depot. Silicone lube is much lubier (technical term) but also it will straight-up murder you if you use it over hardwood, tile, in the shower or tub, etc.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Cuckoo posted:

Hello thread. After being with the same partner for years, I'm single again. Just have a few questions about being with a new partner since it's been ages (I'm a female, for reference).

1. I'm allergic to latex, but Skyn condoms loving suck. Are there any other brands that are latex-free but feel better? This is especially for the man's benefit, as all condoms feel the same to me but most of the guys I've been with have hated Skyn (often to the point of losing their boners :ohdear: )

2. What about condom-safe lube for an extremely sensitive vagina? I used either coconut or olive oil for ages, but was bareback in a monogamous relationship and didn't have to worry about the condom degrading. Haven't had much luck with water based lubes though, even sensitive skin Astroglide gives me BV almost immediately afterwards.

3. If a monogamous relationship did form with someone, how long should condoms be used before I give the "I use BC, I'm STD free, let's ditch the stupid condoms" talk? I'm sure it varies, but saying it too soon makes the girl sound like she's either irresponsible or baby-daddy hunting.

1. Female condoms. They feel significantly better for the guy, still protect against STDs, and I know there are some non-latex ones out there. Plus there's no sizes, and you can put it in at the start, so there's no awkward fumbling happening later.

2. "Pjur Nude". I have no first-hand experience with this formula, but Pjur is a good brand and you seem to be exactly who they're considering with this.

3. You should both get tested, just to make sure neither of you is asymptomatic, but after that, go for it. That's one of the best parts about being exclusive.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 2, 2015

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

Cuckoo posted:

Sliquid is pretty rad, look at them?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

hoobajoo posted:

3. You should both get tested, just to make sure neither of you is asymptomatic, but after that, go for it. That's one of the best parts about being exclusive.

I agree that being exclusive rules and mutual testing is a good idea. The question was more "when" than "if", like I heard some men get spooked away if you bring up that talk too quickly after becoming official together.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Cuckoo posted:

I agree that being exclusive rules and mutual testing is a good idea. The question was more "when" than "if", like I heard some men get spooked away if you bring up that talk too quickly after becoming official together.

I would kill for this scenario. My gf is so terrified of pregnancy she is on the pill and insists on condoms as well as thinking about additional contraception methods to add (she isn't good with statistics).

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

I would kill for this scenario. My gf is so terrified of pregnancy she is on the pill and insists on condoms as well as thinking about additional contraception methods to add (she isn't good with statistics).

Wow sorry, that sucks. Condoms in an LTR would be a dealbreaker for me.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Crazyeyes posted:

With typical use, at least according to wikipedia, there's roughly a 1/11 chance that a couple using only the (combined) pill will get pregnant within the first year. That seems like a pretty good reason to be worried to me. It also seems like a good reason to not bother with the pill and go straight for an IUD or the implant, especially if you know you won't want any children in the immediate future.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Cuckoo posted:

Wow sorry, that sucks. Condoms in an LTR would be a dealbreaker for me.

I have been trying to get her into the IUD/slow release method so my case is stronger. Currently she is, shall we say inconsistent with her pull. Different time of day, doesn't take the placebos because "they don't do anything anyway" so she never establishes a routine, sometimes her insurance screws up and she can't get more on time so she's off it for a few days, etc. All that considered the condoms are probably for the best...maybe?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Cuckoo posted:

I've never heard of any guy complain about the opportunity to stop using condoms. Like, what would even be the problem?

Crazyeyes posted:

I have been trying to get her into the IUD/slow release method so my case is stronger. Currently she is, shall we say inconsistent with her pull. Different time of day, doesn't take the placebos because "they don't do anything anyway" so she never establishes a routine, sometimes her insurance screws up and she can't get more on time so she's off it for a few days, etc. All that considered the condoms are probably for the best...maybe?

Sounds like you're on the right track; if she's super worried about getting pregnant, but can't take the pill correctly, it'd be best to get a form of birth control that has less upkeep to it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hoobajoo posted:

Like, what would even be the problem?

I'm gonna go with "a baby."

Not saying it's a rational fear if you're using BC responsibly, but it's probably what's going through their heads.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Crazyeyes posted:

It sounds more like she's bad at taking the pill daily but actually really good at prob & stat. There's no "maybe" about the need for condoms there. Something long-term definitely sounds better for her.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

I'm gonna go with "a baby."

Not saying it's a rational fear if you're using BC responsibly, but it's probably what's going through their heads.

No reason not to have the conversation, at any rate.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

hoobajoo posted:

I've never heard of any guy complain about the opportunity to stop using condoms. Like, what would even be the problem?

This behavior may be less likely in men but some people are SO paranoid about Baby that they don't want to stop using condoms for a long time, if ever, even if alternate forms of BC are involved.

Babies are an enormous risk, and there are definitely cases of women getting themselves knocked up on purpose (one of my exes had a child conceived that way). Also technically no form of birth control is 100%, babies included, and I can see some guys being haunted by the "what if". That's what makes handling the whole thing so awkward. If they want to use multiple forms of protection, it may feel less good but they are technically being extra-careful. Also, it is their own body and they have a right to handle such a thing however they want. Still, once again condoms suck.

That's why I bring it up but always feel weird and wonder what the "right time" is - it's never fun and I don't want to come across as a spermjacker.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
A 1/11 chance each year isn't exactly some remote paranoid possibility, and many couples last many years while still not wanting kids. Well more than 11 people read this very thread, it's probably not good to give birth control advice that will end of with some fraction of them pregnant. I agree with Anne Whately - it sounds like she *is* good at statistics, and the people assuming birth control alone is fine (while accompanied by a typical and not-superhuman level of discipline) are the ones who are doing it wrong.

It's doubly so for women who would not personally wish to have an abortion - if you're comfortable with the idea then that's fine as a fallback, but if not it makes a lot of sense to be cautious beyond the 9% chance per year level.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 2, 2015

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

hoobajoo posted:

No reason not to have the conversation, at any rate.

Yeah. The guy may still want to use condoms and such to better avoid having some stupid rear end in a top hat baby, but even in that case I don't think he would take crazy offense to his girlfriend saying, "I'd like to take a pill and and then you put your dick in me and cum. Thoughts?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I think the Pro Choice vs. Pro Life talk is just as important (and just as ugly, if not moreso) and should probably happen at the same time. You could take like 3 different types of BC and still have some astronomically tiny chance at pregnancy. That's just how it is. Having a game plan for the worst-case scenario is as important as prevention. If you have opposing views on abortion and sleep with each other anyway, there's not much you can say if you end up with a terminated pregnancy/child support.

I have built in birth control in the way that endometriosis and PCOS have probably rendered me infertile and BC was taken continuously just to keep the symptoms under control, even after my last ex had a vasectomy. v:v:v