Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

have any other republican candidates been on infowars before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Jones and Trump just sucking each others dicks now

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

All the folks saying the DNC is trying to hide the debates to protect Clinton is ignoring the fact that Clinton is really loving good at debates.

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014

Rocks posted:

have any other republican candidates been on infowars before?

Hasn't appeared as a presidential candidate though.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

“If he carries this message into the general election in Ohio, we’ll hand this election to Hillary Clinton,” Matt Borges, chairman of the state’s Republican Party, told the paper.

“It would be an utter, complete and total disaster,” added South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, who is polling below 1 percent in the GOP race. “If you’re a xenophobic, race-baiting, religious bigot, you’re going to have a hard time being president of the United States, and you’re going to do irreparable damage to the party.”

Please note: in this context Lindsay Graham is not implying that Trump is a religious person who is also a bigot, but rather saying that Trump is bigoted toward religious people because he's not sufficiently violently fundamentalist evangelical christian.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

added South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, who is polling below 1 percent in the GOP race

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smiling Knight posted:

All the folks saying the DNC is trying to hide the debates to protect Clinton is ignoring the fact that Clinton is really loving good at debates.

She's really not. Fortunately for her she doesn't have any particularly strong debaters among her few opponents.

The person who scheduled the debates is a close Clinton ally. If Clinton thought more debates would be positive for her, there would be more, period. In past years there were many more. Now it's all about reducing the number of "Wall Street 9/11!" moments.

The Republicans are holding more debates, started earlier, and have them at times with high viewership because they should benefit polished insider candidates like Bush and Rubio. As it turned out, this was correct: support for Trump, for example, fell after most of the debates. But Bush is a tire fire and Rubio isn't as polished as he should be, so they haven't fully reaped the benefits of their strategy.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

H5N1 posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

December 15th is going to be unbelievable!

Christmas is coming 10 days early this year!

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

She's really not. Fortunately for her she doesn't have any particularly strong debaters among her few opponents.

The person who scheduled the debates is a close Clinton ally. If Clinton thought more debates would be positive for her, there would be more, period. In past years there were many more. Now it's all about reducing the number of "Wall Street 9/11!" moments.

The Republicans are holding more debates, started earlier, and have them at times with high viewership because they should benefit polished insider candidates like Bush and Rubio. As it turned out, this was correct: support for Trump, for example, fell after most of the debates. But Bush is a tire fire and Rubio isn't as polished as he should be, so they haven't fully reaped the benefits of their strategy.

Debates usually benefit candidates who are trailing as a quick way to make an impact and pick up ground. Rubio did this when he clowned Bush. But somehow nobody can touch Trump.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
She might be good at debates but its too high risk for not enough reward. She's already way ahead of Bernie and debates won't help her pad that lead. They would, however, give Bernie a chance to rise in the polls by catching her in a bad moment.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

Vladimir Putin posted:

Debates usually benefit candidates who are trailing as a quick way to make an impact and pick up ground. Rubio did this when he clowned Bush. But somehow nobody can touch Trump.

Trump is impervious to facts and reality. It's hard to touch someone who spends their life floating on a luxurious cloud over the rest of the huddled masses.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ivor Biggun posted:

This is just sad.

I think Cher might need to be rebooted.

Some of Trump's hour-long rallies get like 100k views within a week or two.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
Has Alex asked Trump about his Chem trail policy yet?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Kasich super-pac is now hitting Donald Trump with.... FLIERS!

http://static.politico.com/25/78/4333818749cf8454da548abdc753/ndfa-immigrant-hipocrisy.pdf

Because the only thing people like more than lovely political ads is junk mail.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
of course alex jones named his son rex, like a dog

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Logikv9 posted:

I'm gonna gently caress america

The Republicans have a way of shutting that whole thing down

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
There's no way the Kasich anti-Trump ads are anything but a parting shot and a gift for whatever GOPe candidates are left when he decides it's time to pack it up.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Vox Nihili posted:

I thought the republicans held less debates this cycle because they gave a soapbox to the loony brigade last time around? I mean, it didn't work clearly, but I thought that was the plan?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 22, 2016

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Kasich super-pac is now hitting Donald Trump with.... FLIERS!

http://static.politico.com/25/78/4333818749cf8454da548abdc753/ndfa-immigrant-hipocrisy.pdf

Because the only thing people like more than lovely political ads is junk mail.

What a lovely ad. This almost reads as an advertisement for Trump. It highlights his argument that he's against illegal immigrants, but likes Hispanics just fine, and then the best they can get is a quote from 1990 and another quote that sounds super speculative (and is poorly written - "Trump company"? C'mon).

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

HappyHippo posted:

I thought the republicans held less debates this cycle because they gave a soapbox to the loony brigade last time around? I mean, it didn't work clearly, but I thought that was the plan?
Whoever your favored candidate, the debates were scheduled to gently caress him (or possibly her.)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

:getin:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rush has become the Trump and Cruz show. Thinks Cruz is in position to take over IF Trump falls, but the closer we get to Iowa, the less likely that appears.

Rush used to think Cruz was going to catch fire with younger conservatives, now he believes Trump has the 'millennial' vote, which could be yooooge for Trump.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol how can the number one republican candidate be on motherfucking infowars. I am losing my mind.

also I am surprised Carson didn't get on first.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lol how can the number one republican candidate be on motherfucking infowars. I am losing my mind.

also I am surprised Carson didn't get on first.

So for the unenlightened what makes info wars so bad?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SpRahl posted:

The original 9/11 truthers

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Look at the numbers Trump is pulling on his rallies (ctrl + f "full). As far as modern politics on youtube goes, that poo poo's nuts.

e: The one from 2 weeks ago in Fort Dodge has 560,000 views.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SpRahl posted:

New York magazine described Jones as "America's leading conspiracy theorist",[17] and the Southern Poverty Law Center describes him as "the most prolific conspiracy theorist in contemporary America."[18] When asked about these labels, Jones said that he finds himself "proud to be listed as a thought criminal against Big Brother".

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

SpRahl posted:

I don't think it's fair to call it "bad" given the many, many hours of hilarity that Alex Jones has given the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir-WabG3EJ8

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb! is here in MN today but you need to give at least $500 to attend :(.

I'm disappointed that I can't go but I can see why they'd need to make the price of entry high since the venue can't handle Jeb!'s legions of adoring fans.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

:siren: Pirvate Memo Lays Out How the GOP Would Deal With Trump as Its Nominee :siren:

Edit:

Basically the memo says a Trump nomination isn't a complete disaster and Trump could even, maybe, put together a winning coalition in the general.

link to memo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/memo-on-donald-trump-from-ward-baker-to-nrsc-senior-staff/1898/

edit 2:

quote:

“Trump has been gaining Democrat adherents and he’s solidifying GOP cohorts who feel they’ve been totally ignored by the Washington Ruling Class,” Baker writes. “If the environment aligns properly, Trump could win. It’s not a bet most would place now, but it could happen.”

Montasque fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 2, 2015

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

SpRahl posted:

https://vine.co/v/e9KPWaXLuiX

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
When Trump becomes president, we'll finally get the B-roll footage of the fake moon landing.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 22, 2016

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Montasque posted:

:siren: Pirvate Memo Lays Out How the GOP Would Deal With Trump as Its Nominee :siren:

Edit:

Basically the memo says a Trump nomination isn't a complete disaster and Trump could even, maybe, put together a winning coalition in the general.

link to memo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/memo-on-donald-trump-from-ward-baker-to-nrsc-senior-staff/1898/

edit 2:

What's most interesting is that the memo was dated from September. Regardless of what we've been saying about the predictability of the polls early in the season, the GOP establishment saw the writing on the wall early--or at least felt the need to address it very early on.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If anyone was waiting to get a tattoo until you found the right one, there ya go.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Cantorsdust posted:

What's most interesting is that the memo was dated from September. Regardless of what we've been saying about the predictability of the polls early in the season, the GOP establishment saw the writing on the wall early--or at least felt the need to address it very early on.

To be fair they had memos like this for many candidates. What is telling to me is how the GOP, or at least the writer of the memo, doesn't really fear a Trump nomination, and instead wisely concludes that you can use the rebellious energy of Trumpism to get more seats in the Senate.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Two things Republicans and metal have in common: terrible production and design

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

a shameful boehner posted:

Two things Republicans and metal have in common: terrible production and design

Also, both servants of Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

SpRahl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_q8F_qazbI

e; fb

• Locked thread