Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

honda whisperer posted:

Is there anyway to make slowing down in super cruise less frustrating? The auto braking seems close enough that I want to let it do it but it's off enough that I'll overshoot or stop to early almost every time. Sitting there trying to micro manage a throttle that moves on its own gets old quick.
In the control settings, bind a key to 75% throttle. Cruise toward your target at full throttle, then press that key when the countdown gets to 8 seconds. Boom, your throttle is now in the optimum position and you don't have to do a goddamn thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sard posted:

I've posted this before but here it is again: ED should go further with what it takes from I-War 2. Supercruise is almost exactly the same as the interplanetary "linear displacement drive" mode from that, but even with LDS some trips could take a while. So they added a form of minor jumping where you could warp from any Lagrange point to any other Lagrange point in the system. Not only does this add convenience, it adds logical traffic bottlenecks close to planets. The current middle-of-nowhere events like conflict zones and security checkpoints could and should be shifted to these L-points. Suddenly civil war would matter a lot more as it disrupts travel in the afflicted system. Pirates would have better places to lurk, and smuggling would have more consistent scan risks. Best of all, in I-War 2 you'd sometimes have a spectacular traffic accident when a huge ship exits into a smaller one.
This sounds good. It funnels travel through natural choke points without rendering the journey trivial. Honestly that's ideally what I'd like to see, mechanics that encourage more interactions on the whole. That's part of what makes the galaxy feel a bit dead at the moment, there could be a civil war or pirate scourge going on in the system, but it's purely optional whether you give a poo poo or not. It doesn't really affect your journey at all.

Michael Brookes posted a while ago they're looking into microjumps, so maybe you'll get your wish.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 2, 2015

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Helter Skelter posted:

In the control settings, bind a key to 75% throttle. Cruise toward your target at full throttle, then press that key when the countdown gets to 8 seconds. Boom, your throttle is now in the optimum position and you don't have to do a goddamn thing.

Except constantly adjust to point at the target and then scream because you slowed down too much because you were an idiot and approached perpendicular through a gravity well instead of swinging outwards and approaching the station head on. It's not that I hate the downtime, it's that it requires a strangely annoying amount of attention while not being entertaining, and also being on the alert for when you get interdicted 1.1m out and are throwing 200ls sideways when you submit.

I don't even mind having to stay pointing at the course, I mind the throttle fuckery and automatic slowdowns because I am bad at gravity (v bad). Though given how god drat stupid computers are for slow speed docking maneuvers maybe we don't want them adjusting speed and heading in supercruise.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I don't even mind having to stay pointing at the course, I mind the throttle fuckery and automatic slowdowns because I am bad at gravity (v bad). Though given how god drat stupid computers are for slow speed docking maneuvers maybe we don't want them adjusting speed and heading in supercruise.
If you are at 75% throttle you literally never have to touch it until you're out of supercruise and coming in to land. loving with it is just adding to your problems.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Helter Skelter posted:

If you are at 75% throttle you literally never have to touch it until you're out of supercruise and coming in to land. loving with it is just adding to your problems.

Bullshit. I've lost count of how many times I've overshot a station by letting the throttle rest in the magic blue zone of 75%. I'll be sitting fine at 6-7 seconds on approach and then I'll hear the engine whine up without even touching my throttle and if I don't immediately zero it out I will drop to 3 seconds and overshoot the station. It doesn't matter what angle I've approached from, where the planet is or how far out from the sun it is. Probably half of the time I'm approaching a station I overshoot even while trying to keep the counter at 08 or 09 versus 6.

Sard posted:

I've posted this before but here it is again: ED should go further with what it takes from I-War 2. Supercruise is almost exactly the same as the interplanetary "linear displacement drive" mode from that, but even with LDS some trips could take a while. So they added a form of minor jumping where you could warp from any Lagrange point to any other Lagrange point in the system. Not only does this add convenience, it adds logical traffic bottlenecks close to planets. The current middle-of-nowhere events like conflict zones and security checkpoints could and should be shifted to these L-points. Suddenly civil war would matter a lot more as it disrupts travel in the afflicted system. Pirates would have better places to lurk, and smuggling would have more consistent scan risks. Best of all, in I-War 2 you'd sometimes have a spectacular traffic accident when a huge ship exits into a smaller one.

This actually sounds really fun.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

LCL-Dead posted:

Bullshit. I've lost count of how many times I've overshot a station by letting the throttle rest in the magic blue zone of 75%. I'll be sitting fine at 6-7 seconds on approach and then I'll hear the engine whine up without even touching my throttle and if I don't immediately zero it out I will drop to 3 seconds and overshoot the station. It doesn't matter what angle I've approached from, where the planet is or how far out from the sun it is. Probably half of the time I'm approaching a station I overshoot even while trying to keep the counter at 08 or 09 versus 6.
If you have any example systems I'd like to check them out.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chrysophylax posted:

As someone else suggested, come join us on IRC! We're glad to answer any questions.

Don't be afraid to ask here, either. The game has a lot of arcane knowledge we've accumulated that we're glad to share.

Thanks for the invite. Next time I sit down for some serious space truckin' I'll hop in and annoy you goons with my annoying newbie questions.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Sard posted:

how do we make this happen?!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Post a suggestion on the official forums or reddit, the devs don't read this forum.

Probably better on the official forums to be honest, that way it can't be aggressively downvoted and might actually attract some discussion.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
I'll put something up on the official forums later today when I'm back home, but I have to admit I'm not too optimistic. This seems like something they would have thought of and already dismissed, maybe because it looks too much like copying another IP. It would need some tweaking too of course- some systems are so populated with stellar bodies, some kind of cutoff or limit would be needed so there weren't too many L-points. Just the L1 and maybe L2 for jumps. As well as requiring filters in the navigation menu, and resolving how to handle traffic safety because of

Cathair posted:

Hell yeah! A parked megafreighter in front of a Lagrange point
Although this would really incentivize being in the bigger freighters. Like being the rear end in a top hat in a Hummer in a pileup of little smartcars.

Sard fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 2, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I could get behind some improvements in super cruise -- I don't want it gone since the current implementation isn't "toss it out" bad imo.

Using nav beacons the way Lagrange points in IW2 worked would be spectacular.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
OK, time for another round of screenshots from my journey to the galactic edge!

Link to part 2

Exploring the Outer Arm, Part 3

Another Earth-like planet! This time, I made this nice horizon-screenshot to celebrate the coming of Elite: Horizons.

Here, write this info down so you can land on it as soon as atmospheric landings are possible! (:v:)

This planet has lots of Oxygen, but also lots of other, not so breathable stuff. But at least it's a terraforming candidate!

Doesn't look like the poisonous hellhole it is from space, doesn't it? Uhh, wait a moment...

That's better! Now you can actually look at the planet, instead of my ship blocking the view.

At this moment, I'm not even in the Outer Arm yet, I'm still travelling through the void between the two outer arms of the Milkyway.

Still about 5-6k light years from the edge.

Around this time time I found that. Sadly I hadn't yet found a safe passage across the void, so I jettisoned the cache a couple minutes later, out of fear my jump range may be dropping too far. (And yes, now that I'm back in safety I do realize how insane that sounds, but welp. Space madness.)

Now the void was not full of Earth-likes or terraformables like the Perseus Arm or even the Outer Arm, but I found lots of little metal globes like this one.

Now some of those have no atmosphere, so I guess I should use my beta-access to try and land on some of those.

At least in the Horizons-beta I can try out what happens if my buggy falls into lava. I'm not sure I want to try this after Horizons goes live...

And another Earth-like!!! This one is special, thanks to the

giant glacier right there.

I even looked at it really close.

Reeeeeaaally close.

Another nebula to spice things up.

And another Thargoid-planet.

Considering how this is basically the perfect world for Thargoids, I'm suddenly reminded of how alien alien thoughts have to be.

Because only an alien mind could consider ashen continents and oceans the color of liquid poo poo beautiful.

Didn't stop me from going sky diving for a bit. Of course, even if Horizons allowed me landings on this one, I think I'll pass.

A message from the darkness: Planets in the outer reaches of dim brown dwarfs will never not look spooky to me.

Also by now I'm finally deep in the Outer Arm of our galaxy.

Still a couple thousand light years to go before I hit the edge, though. :shepface:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 2, 2015

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Sard posted:

Not only does this add convenience, it adds logical traffic bottlenecks close to planets. The current middle-of-nowhere events like conflict zones and security checkpoints could and should be shifted to these L-points. Suddenly civil war would matter a lot more as it disrupts travel in the afflicted system. Pirates would have better places to lurk, and smuggling would have more consistent scan risks.

I'm pretty sure based on the fact that nav beacons exist at all that Frontier originally intended to do something like this and ultimately decided against it. It's a shame, because you're absolutely right that the lack of natural chokepoints that players have to pass through is a huge design flaw. A big part of the reason E:D feels so lifeless is that there's nowhere sensible to actually encounter player or NPC traffic.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

Capn Beeb posted:

Are shield bank cells worth it in the Vulture? I've got an A and B shield generator on, going with a pair of As put me over my power threshold by .10MW so I probably don't have enough wiggle room to squeeze one in anyway :v:
Currently, yes, absolutely. I keep it powered off until I need it. Powering it up shuts off one of my weapons.

1.5 will make this strategy no longer work, so it will require more creativity if it's still worth doing at all.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sard posted:

This honestly sounds way better than what we got. Smuggling would have to be given superior dividends to make up for this though- or have ways of hiding your cargo.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

LCL-Dead posted:

i think when this happens it's because your relative reference point has shifted to the wrong thing (usually when you get closer to a moon than the planet on your path in) and your ship computer is now trying to calculate your speed relative to the moon that's relatively heading away from you. Next time it happens, if you get time, look in your left panel and see what the frame of reference marker is on.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
I quite enjoy Resource Extraction Zones for that exact reason. The constant NPC traffic in/out feels natural and makes for a fun experience. I wish I'd seen more community events for mining/hunting pirates that like one to build the station a few weeks ago. The game felt pretty alive then!

I think my biggest complaint about supercruise is Interdictions. It's an unfun mini game that is too heavily luck dependent and seems fairly buggy. Having been doing Robigo runs like crazy, I've lost count of the number of times I've been nearly to an evasion only to have the escape vector throw itself behind my ship, or had the entire UI shake violently for a moment during the mini game.

e: With 1.5 looming and Fail-if-Scanned missions going in, will the best way to approach those be a ship built for silent running and heat sinks, or just gitgud at boosting into the mailslot and not going splat? I've been practicing the latter across recent Robigo runs, but I still can't quite make it all the way through 15-20 stations without getting scanned once or twice.

2 SPOOKY fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 2, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Nelson Mandingo posted:

This honestly sounds way better than what we got. Smuggling would have to be given superior dividends to make up for this though- or have ways of hiding your cargo.
Well, you only have to stop them scanning you for as long as at takes to get away, so how about : Shielded bulkheads. A bit heavier and costlier than lightweight bulkheads, and don't offer any additional protection, but increase scan time by 100% (*number plucked from the top of my head).

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
I won't say Eve did this right, because I do actually like the supercruise mechanic more than Eve's warping mechanic (you have to warp to something, you can't just hop into warp and fly around until you find something you want) - but one thing that fell out of that warp mechanic that I thought was nice was the chokepoints. This game could use something like gate camping.

It kind of already has that in the nav beacons, but there's no reason for players to ever show up at one. I really do like how the NPC interactions in those play out, though.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Stanko-Prussian posted:

i think when this happens it's because your relative reference point has shifted to the wrong thing (usually when you get closer to a moon than the planet on your path in) and your ship computer is now trying to calculate your speed relative to the moon that's relatively heading away from you. Next time it happens, if you get time, look in your left panel and see what the frame of reference marker is on.

Not entirely sure what you're talking about with the frame of reference marker to be quite honest. I don't just fly in the general direction of the station I'm going in. The mouse widget is on and I place it directly in the center of the station contact on the hud and adjust to keep it centered as I close in. Sometimes I'll arc up and around to get a better view of what side of the planet the station is on but that's about as flashy as I get with my sc travels.

Helter Skelter posted:

If you have any example systems I'd like to check them out.

Next time it happens I'll write down the system names as they come along. Should be tonight as I jump from Hudson back to Khaleesi space to turn in merits.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

LCL-Dead posted:

This is my experience, as well. Rarely does the 75% throttle take me from 8 seconds to Ready to Disengage. I typically have to alternate between zero throttle and bursts of 75% throttle while I go from 7 seconds to 3 seconds to 14 seconds to 7 seconds to 3 seconds to Disengage. If I'm smuggling, I'll go the long way and cut between the station and the planet, wait until I'm about to pass between them, and then slowly point my ship back towards the station so that I can disengage facing the station entrance.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
My reaction lately hasn't been to juggle the throttle. I'll drop it just a pinch when I hear the engine pitch change as the engine pitch always signals the eventual overshoot but instead of zeroing out I just bee-line for the planet and pass over it, using the gravity well to drop my speed faster as I angle back towards the station.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

What color scheme are you using here? I plotted the one you posted earlier and it came out very different, much more blue and green. I've been trying to replicate this in the HUD color website in the OP but no luck!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

forkbucket posted:

What color scheme are you using here? I plotted the one you posted earlier and it came out very different, much more blue and green. I've been trying to replicate this in the HUD color website in the OP but no luck!

Not having the game up right now to check in, it looks like something close to
code:
<MatrixRed> 1, 1, 1 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 1, 1, 1 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 1, 1, 0 </MatrixBlue>

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

2 SPOOKY posted:

e: With 1.5 looming and Fail-if-Scanned missions going in, will the best way to approach those be a ship built for silent running and heat sinks, or just gitgud at boosting into the mailslot and not going splat? I've been practicing the latter across recent Robigo runs, but I still can't quite make it all the way through 15-20 stations without getting scanned once or twice.

Silent running and chaff do not appear to affect NPC scans, so unless they change that you should just become a pro mail slotter.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Silentrunning 100% does help stop scans but it's not the mode itself, it's when your ship is iced over. Silentrunning just helps you get there. You also need to be iced BEFORE the scan starts, once the scan has started if you're not a few seconds from jumping out then it's too late.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Dessert Rose posted:

I won't say Eve did this right, because I do actually like the supercruise mechanic more than Eve's warping mechanic (you have to warp to something, you can't just hop into warp and fly around until you find something you want)

Uh I thought you could? That's how people would have item stores in the middle of nowhere. You couldn't hit a fast speed and fly around aimlessly but you could click on a random point and end up there.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

You can only warp in straight lines between pre determined points, you can't just set an arbitrary destination.

You can I think create a bookmark at a spot during your warp and then warp back to that. So technically you could stop almost anywhere that's a straight line between two other points and by constantly doing that, given enough leeway, you could probably work your way out to an arbitrary point in space eventually... depending how high your tolerance for loving around is.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Space Skeleton posted:

Silentrunning 100% does help stop scans but it's not the mode itself, it's when your ship is iced over. Silentrunning just helps you get there. You also need to be iced BEFORE the scan starts, once the scan has started if you're not a few seconds from jumping out then it's too late.

That seems impractical for a mission stacked smuggling run, icing over on the approach to the slot. So I guess the answer is get better at diving into the slot ASAP. :rip:

In that vein, do people generally fly wide around the station till they're on the slot side, line themselves up, and then go full speed at the slot with adjustments as necessary? Half the time I find myself flying around the edges of the station and then trying to make it into the slot at a bizarre angle and that gets me scanned.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

2 SPOOKY posted:

That seems impractical for a mission stacked smuggling run, icing over on the approach to the slot. So I guess the answer is get better at diving into the slot ASAP. :rip:

In that vein, do people generally fly wide around the station till they're on the slot side, line themselves up, and then go full speed at the slot with adjustments as necessary? Half the time I find myself flying around the edges of the station and then trying to make it into the slot at a bizarre angle and that gets me scanned.

Step 1: Approach the planet in from "above" the orbit of the station.
Step 2: Drop in between the planet and your target, such that you are between the planet and the station when you disengage. You will at least have a view of the mailslot.
Step 3: Aim for a spot in front of the mailslot, you'll usually be good if you put the station at the 12 o'clock mark on your target radar.
Step 4: FA off, pivot so you're facing the station.
Step 5: Once you're lined up on the mail slot, FA on, slam your throttle to 100%, and boost for your life.
Step 6: You're a smuggler once you've successfully not smeared yourself across the back of the station.

If you gently caress up your supercruise drop and are not facing the entryway of the station, turn tail and jump back into SC until you can get your approach right. Scans are almost always a function of "amount of time you spent loving around near the station".

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

LCL-Dead posted:

Not entirely sure what you're talking about with the frame of reference marker to be quite honest. I don't just fly in the general direction of the station I'm going in. The mouse widget is on and I place it directly in the center of the station contact on the hud and adjust to keep it centered as I close in. Sometimes I'll arc up and around to get a better view of what side of the planet the station is on but that's about as flashy as I get with my sc travels.

Next time it happens I'll write down the system names as they come along. Should be tonight as I jump from Hudson back to Khaleesi space to turn in merits.

Your frame of reference marker indicates the thing you're working out your speed relative to, and it's the closest big thing to you, so if you exit out of the sphere of influence of a planet and hit another SOI of a moon or something, even if you're flying a straight line, it bollocks up your relative speed or something. someone can definitely explain this better than me.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

tooterfish posted:

You can only warp in straight lines between pre determined points, you can't just set an arbitrary destination.

You can I think create a bookmark at a spot during your warp and then warp back to that. So technically you could stop almost anywhere that's a straight line between two other points and by constantly doing that, given enough leeway, you could probably work your way out to an arbitrary point in space eventually... depending how high your tolerance for loving around is.

This is right. You could spend some time getting bookmarks to "safe spots".

Then people would have to probe you out.

It was all very fun, but what I'm saying is that no matter what, you initiate warp to somewhere in Eve; in E:D you just kick into supercruise and do whatever.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Not having the game up right now to check in, it looks like something close to
code:
<MatrixGreen> 1, 1, 1 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 1, 1, 0 </MatrixBlue>

This was close but not quite right either. I got closest with this even though it's not perfect:

code:
<MatrixGreen> 0.57, 0.42, 0 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.79, 0.42, 0 </MatrixBlue>
(I still want you to post yours Libluini :buddy: )

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

forkbucket posted:

OK, now I'm confused, the one I posted came directly from my XML-override file. It's literally the one I'm using right now. :confused:

Search for the folder Frontier Developments, make sure it's the oldest one labeled exactly that and not the other, newer one. You find it in your local AppData folder. Inside that one, go under Elite Dangerous/Options/Graphics. There should be a XML-file labeled GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml. If not, open your Windows-text editor and copy this inside:

quote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<GraphicsConfig>
<GUIColour>
<Default>
<LocalisationName>Standard</LocalisationName>
<MatrixRed> 0.21, 0.29, 0.93 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0, 1, 0 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 1, 1, 1 </MatrixBlue>
</Default>
</GUIColour>
</GraphicsConfig>

Save as GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml. Don't forget the last part or you just create another text file!

Now when you start the game, the override-file just overrides whatever Frontier is doing and you should get the white/yellowish colors you wanted.

forkbucket posted:

(I still want you to post yours Libluini :buddy: )

And I just did. :v:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 2, 2015

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Libluini posted:

OK, now I'm confused, the one I posted came directly from my XML-override file. It's literally the one I'm using right now. :confused:

Search for the folder Frontier Developments, make sure it's the oldest one labeled exactly that and not the other, newer one. You find it in your local AppData folder. Inside that one, go under Elite Dangerous/Options/Graphics. There should be a XML-file labeled GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml. If not, open your Windows-text editor and copy this inside:

Save as GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml. Don't forget the last part or you just create another text file!

Now when you start the game, the override-file just overrides whatever Frontier is doing and you should get the white/yellowish colors you wanted.

And I just did. :v:

Welp, I'm an idiot. I've been editing it in the steam folder, which is why it looked weird I guess! Just found the right directory and edited the override file there.

EDIT: Wait something still isn't right. I'm so confused, I just cannot figure this HUD thing out.

yours:

mine:

forkbucket fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 2, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ah yes, now that you're showing both together, I've just remembered: I've changed my HUD multiple times since then and I don't know which one is the white anymore. :v:

Completely forgot this, but to be fair: It has been literally months now since I had this one.

Try one of these, one of them should be the right one: (Otherwise I have hideous green in my list of UI-recolors, but you can't read some text with that one, so I withheld it for now.)

quote:

Alternative HUDs

<MatrixRed> 1.32, 2, 2 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> -0.85, 0.19, 1.44 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.08, 0.23, 2 </MatrixBlue>

<MatrixRed> 1.32, 2, 2 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> -0.85, 0.19, -1.12 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.08, 0.23, 2 </MatrixBlue>

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

tooterfish posted:

If the task is already so tedious why are you even doing it though? I just don't get the compulsion to grind optimally even if you end up having the worst time ever.

Because mission stacking only further aggravates an already existing problem. Chain intedrictions happen even if you've only got one or two missions, or even no missions if you're hauling any amount of cargo.
I haven't done Robigo/Sothis or any form smuggling missions in over a month, I've mostly been mining and I'll get interdicted 3-4 times just trying to make the 300ls trip to the station. And god help you if you're allied to a power.

Hell I've been chain interdicted by loving sidewinder NPCs for my "highly valuable" limpet drones.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

It was neither of those, but I had no idea you could make things so vibrant and I now settled on this:

<MatrixRed> 1.5, 1.5, 2 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 2, 1, -2 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 2, 1, -2 </MatrixBlue>

Which I'll probably change in a week anyway :v: Today's time has been spent 50/50 between warping slowly towards the Lagoon nebula and futzing with the HUD. Thanks for being patient Libluini!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

forkbucket posted:

It was neither of those, but I had no idea you could make things so vibrant and I now settled on this:

<MatrixRed> 1.5, 1.5, 2 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 2, 1, -2 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 2, 1, -2 </MatrixBlue>

Which I'll probably change in a week anyway :v: Today's time has been spent 50/50 between warping slowly towards the Lagoon nebula and futzing with the HUD. Thanks for being patient Libluini!

Meanwhile, I compared some of my color schemes and tried to reconstruct the white/yellow one I had first.

So if you want to try, this one is a bit closer to the one in my old screenshots:

quote:

<MatrixRed> 0.11, 0.28, 0.42 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 0, 0, 0 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 0.84, 0.51, 0.01 </MatrixBlue>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Libluini posted:

Meanwhile, I compared some of my color schemes and tried to reconstruct the white/yellow one I had first.

Ok, slightly edited mine and I'm officially very happy with how it came out. Thanks for the help Libluini, and sorry for the HUD derail.

Here's the color scheme for anyone interested:
code:
<MatrixRed> 1.25, 1.25, 2 </MatrixRed>
<MatrixGreen> 1, 0.15, -2 </MatrixGreen>
<MatrixBlue> 1.25, 0.7, -2 </MatrixBlue>

• Locked thread