Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I've read the manga and thus far the only thing I've disliked about the anime is how they switched up the sequence of events in the second half of the Sea King arc.

Everything else has been solid gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Typically anime will boost the manga sales so newcomers will join us on the 3 separate threads SOON. Then read Mob Psycho 100 because it's great and subversive without being annoying.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

On the Genos bit, he didn't get any acid on his head, and thats the only part of him that has something that can't be replaced (specifically the brain the outer bits can be replaced.)

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Really? There were some deep gouges on the back of his head that matched what was done to his shoulder.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Nobody's actually disliking the show dude, and you don't have to complain about the show if you read the manga :)
I'm sure he meant the people pointing out of the "flaws" compared to the manga and honestly, I too don't want to be finding these "flaws" when watching the anime either.

I'll probably read the manga after the anime is done but nothing will get me to read the manga and ruin the surprise of the anime. To me, this first time anime experience is way more valuable than experiencing the material in its "true form".

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I read the murata redraw manga (Love ONE's writing but I find it hard to look past the art) and watch the show. The show does not disappoint me. I love the show, even if it wasn't exactly what I expected. In my mind somehow Saitama always had a higher pitched voice, closer to Luffy in One Piece. What we got is not bad in the slightest, and now that I go back and re-read things I start to hear the anime voice instead of what I used to imagine. The ONLY complaint I could have is an echo of what others have said - in the sea king arc the impact of the fatty's rant against superheroes has more impact when it's DIRECTLY after the finishing blow, and by putting the mail segment before it reduced that impact. Other than that tiny little niggle I cannot express any disappointment with the show at all.

But some of the 'extra chapters' are just amazing and not seeing them animated is extremely disappointing.

Here is one example of the extra chapters.

I link to it because a) I highly doubt it'll make it into the anime and b) it only includes characters we've seen or are never seen outside the extra. Which means it won't spoil anything about any upcoming episodes.

I would absolutely perform unholy acts to see the thumb trick turned into a post-credit scene or something, because I always find it hilarious as gently caress.

khy fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 1, 2015

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Zettace posted:

I'm sure he meant the people pointing out of the "flaws" compared to the manga and honestly, I too don't want to be finding these "flaws" when watching the anime either.

I'll probably read the manga after the anime is done but nothing will get me to read the manga and ruin the surprise of the anime. To me, this first time anime experience is way more valuable than experiencing the material in its "true form".

Yeah basically this, also I vastly prefer anime to manga anyway

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I like the manga a bit better, if only because I really really enjoy Murata's art, even if it takes awhile. After the disappointing look of the Eyeshield 21 anime, I'm just glad that something Murata-drawn is actually getting adapted incredibly well.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's an old saying that opinions can't be wrong, but having an opinions that means you're not maximising the amount of One Punch Man in your life is objectively wrong.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Personally, I am glad that new One Punch Man content is being created, and prefer this to seeing an adaptation to content that already exists

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

The one thing I'm sorta disappointed about was the sequence where the Sea King grabs Genos and tosses him into the wall wasn't done like the original. That was such a wonderful scene.

Yeah, the scene loses some punch when they have the Sea King gleefully running towards the wall. I prefered the original "Throw at wall" "Immediately follow up with a high speed punch" all in one motion presentation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

Personally, I am glad that new One Punch Man content is being created, and prefer this to seeing an adaptation to content that already exists

:agreed:
not all of the extra chapters are that great, so i'm more game to taking a chance on new material from ONE, rather than getting a mixed bag of the existing extra chapters.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Made the best mii brawler.

His face gets a little wonky when he hits something cause I had to get the perfect vacant look for the neutral face...

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Actually, I just noticed something I that was locked in the last episode. Does anyone think that management of the Hero's Association seems way more professional than how they shown in the manga? They might have did the same thing in the manga, but animated with voice acting they look very serious about everything about heroes supporting them from the back.

* Mask, we found Genos. He's at a ramen shop with a Class C hero.
* We are putting you at level S because we are able to connect you to a scene where lots of power was demonstrated as being used. We know it was probably you, but it was you, right?
* The one guy sent in Saitama into the Sea King fight after a long and thoughtful pause that was way more deep feeling than the manga. The guy had to make a call right away that if his gut feeling was correct in sending a solution to the problem and not causing more casulties. In the manga, it felt like he gave information to a random person without thought.
* The warning the guy in glasses gave Sneck seemed way more insidious instigating rather than a matter-of-fact statement. "Yes, that S-Class totally outclassed you but that C-class has the potential to outclass you really fast because HE'S A FIGHTING GOD" (or to something of that nature.
* The same guy in glasses, in the last episode, was talking to the higher ups, who obviously just read reports, that Saitama should be B because not only he wants to but Glasses knew how powerful Saitama is from monitoring and reports.

I guess what I am saying is that the businessmen behind the HA feel much more amazing than in the book. It might be the fact it's easier to animate and provide voice work for the toils of white collar businessmen than animate heroes fighting, but when one of your own just totally removes that drat smirk from Mask when showing the screenshots the business recorded says a lot more about the quality of the work they do.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well, this is some sort of support staff, not the actual incompetent leader jerks. I guess someone did have to do the classification and reporting, we just never really saw them in the manga.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
JAM Project - Shoot the Monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_E45f3llDI

This was a second song that came with The Hero.

Theowulv fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 2, 2015

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Someone made a much better One Punch Man Fallout 4 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQG6n35PKuI

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Shugojin posted:

Well, this is some sort of support staff, not the actual incompetent leader jerks. I guess someone did have to do the classification and reporting, we just never really saw them in the manga.

From memory, weird dude with funny nose is competent (I don't think he's shown up yet?), but the ultimate board are idiots. Below him seems more competent. Also they seem to have NERV command centre for some reason?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Jintor posted:

From memory, weird dude with funny nose is competent (I don't think he's shown up yet?), but the ultimate board are idiots. Below him seems more competent. Also they seem to have NERV command centre for some reason?

The reason is basically "it's cool." I mean, they had to draw these people somewhere. Might as well be the shadow realm: now with computers!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

EVIR Gibson posted:

Actually, I just noticed something I that was locked in the last episode. Does anyone think that management of the Hero's Association seems way more professional than how they shown in the manga? They might have did the same thing in the manga, but animated with voice acting they look very serious about everything about heroes supporting them from the back.

I guess what I am saying is that the businessmen behind the HA feel much more amazing than in the book. It might be the fact it's easier to animate and provide voice work for the toils of white collar businessmen than animate heroes fighting, but when one of your own just totally removes that drat smirk from Mask when showing the screenshots the business recorded says a lot more about the quality of the work they do.

It's mostly got to do with written to animated media I think, since in the drawn format they get like a single panel to get across what they are trying to do, but in an animated one we get a lot more detail from their emotions and thoughts. I think the anime is the spirit of what those panels were meant to convey, but wouldn't be able to without being a really boring read.

It's a good compromise.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Started watching this, anyone else has problems with the Daisuki player? It's like distorted on the bottom on the screen and it's messing with the frames.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Theowulv posted:

JAM Project - Shoot the Monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_E45f3llDI

This was a second song that came with The Hero.

Is the ost available anywhere yet, or are these just teasers and its being released later?

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Is the ost available anywhere yet, or are these just teasers and its being released later?

The cd for the OP came with a second song, as did the ED, however as far as I can tell, no soundtrack teasers have been released yet.

http://onepunchman-anime.net/goods/music.php?page=op

And on that note, this guy has a few covers(they sound pretty close) up on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7G3MTNxBjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTrJo1P9pXQ

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
I'm not reading the manga because it's ongoing and I don't like experiencing a story with a manga release style where your getting just a bit of an "episode" every month or whatever.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The anime is just as ongoing

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

tiistai posted:

The anime is just as ongoing

It's every week though, and in bigger chunks. And then once this season is over, I can forget about the show until the next season starts, and then I can again watch it every week, and then forget about it again, and so on.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The next season is going to take years lol

You should just read the stuff its really good, there is a full arc past where the anime stops and it is the best one even with lovely drawing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll never forget One Punch Man.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
People should at least read the two chapters following what's likely to be the final episode.

That said, can't really fault someone for wanting to wait when both Murata and ONE's update schedules are so erratic.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
What if Murata and ONE also teamed up for Mob Psycho? I know it's ONE's baby, but holy crap if that happens it would probably blow One Punch Man away. Mob Psycho is like the diametric opposite of One Punch Man, where instead of a normal dude become a super then getting bored with it, it's a super dude trying to become normal enough so that he can enjoy a normal everyday slice-of-life thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nah. Mob Psycho should just stay ONE's. It's what he does for a living, let the man have his job.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

mob psycho's already getting its own anime tho

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mob Psycho looks really drat good by the time you catch up, his environment work is stellar (it has moments early on of pretty good too).

It doesn't need the Murata job.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I couldn't picture Mob Psycho having a different art style. The crude style gives it a children's cartoon feel to it, which fits it well considering the story is primarily about an emotionally stunted middle school boy growing up and becoming more comfortable with who he is.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Licensed Rider

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mob Psycho looks really drat good by the time you catch up, his environment work is stellar (it has moments early on of pretty good too).

It doesn't need the Murata job.

Yeah but it'd look nice.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

El Burbo posted:

Licensed Rider

lmao I just noticed he apparently has a firearms license as well. All the licenses.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AnonSpore posted:

lmao I just noticed he apparently has a firearms license as well. All the licenses.

00Rider?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
To be fair that is the logical progression of his power...

His final form is a dude who drives a tank legally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motherfucker posted:

To be fair that is the logical progression of his power...

His final form is a dude who drives a tank legally.

Justice Tank Tread Crush just doesn't have the same nuance as Justice Crash though.

• Locked thread