Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah Carnage is tied up and so is my earlier pick Dracula since he's comatose in a SHIELD facility. So I have no clue who it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's the REAL Wade Wilson, who wasn't actually Deadpool or T-Ray.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

when's taskmaster gonna show up in the duggan series
i need my dp/task fix and re-reading the way issues aint enough (hey, he managed to capture that pairing pretty well!)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Fereydun posted:

when's taskmaster gonna show up in the duggan series
i need my dp/task fix and re-reading the way issues aint enough (hey, he managed to capture that pairing pretty well!)

He showed up during the Spider-Man team-up issue.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Taskmaster made a very recent appearance in All New Wolverine #2.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh wait it's Madman. He handed Deadpool the letter knowing he couldn't resist handling that job personally, and he can make his text box yellow.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Duke Igthorn posted:

Oh wait it's Madman. He handed Deadpool the letter knowing he couldn't resist handling that job personally, and he can make his text box yellow.

I think the implication was it was Terror Inc that beat up the rear end in a top hat stepdad

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Whoever it turns out to be better actually do the Vince speech in the comic.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I just read the 4th OSHC and was Shiklah deciding she was going to take over the world touched upon somewhere else? Like in some secret wars thing I didn't read.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I'd laugh if it turned out to be one of the dead presidents from the first arc.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Hey, remember 8 loving months ago when I said I was going to do an article that ranked all the Deadpool writers from worst to best? Well, after the article being shoved into the backburner a bunch of times, then being put on the shelf by my editor as a rainy day thing to post for when the movie was getting closer, it FINALLY got published.

Here it is. All the Deadpool writers ranked.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

The storyline about zombie US presidents (foreshadowed in Uncanny X-Force, funny enough)
When was this? I don't have the collection handy. (the Deathlok arc?)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 9, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Hey, remember 8 loving months ago when I said I was going to do an article that ranked all the Deadpool writers from worst to best? Well, after the article being shoved into the backburner a bunch of times, then being put on the shelf by my editor as a rainy day thing to post for when the movie was getting closer, it FINALLY got published.

Here it is. All the Deadpool writers ranked.

This is good stuff. I can't wait to see it reposted on imgur without attribution and most of the text cut off.

Oh, you refer to Deadpool Pulp as Deadpool Noir once, fyi.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

redbackground posted:

When was this? I don't have the collection handy. (the Deathlok arc?)

The one where they're in the future. Deadpool antagonizes Future Punisher and when Frank's ready to kill him, Deadpool mentions that doing so would screw up the timestream. Frank asks Hank Pym if Deadpool is important to history and he says, "There's that whole thing with Zombie Nixon."

Lurdiak posted:

This is good stuff. I can't wait to see it reposted on imgur without attribution and most of the text cut off.

Oh, you refer to Deadpool Pulp as Deadpool Noir once, fyi.

Thank you and thanks for the catch.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh yeah, you might wanna mention Hastings writing Gwenpool in your part about him, too. Unless you left that out intentionally.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It's more that Gwenpool wasn't even a thing when I wrote that entry.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oohhh yeah.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Cool article! I also could have sworn that Duggan said Posehn would eventually be coming back to cowrite with him. I have a strict web filter and it's hard to look up in my phone but I'm pretty sure it was a cbr article about the post Secret Wars series. Again something that might not have been revealed when you wrote it though.
Oh here I found it.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/interview-duggans-deadpool-deals-with-the-pressures-of-high-profile-heroics

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 9, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's a fun challenge for Gavok. Please nobody help him even if you know answers. And no cheating! I'm leaving you on the honor system here.

List everything wrong or completely out place with this "Infographic" that some stupid somebody made.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

X-O posted:

Here's a fun challenge for Gavok. Please nobody help him even if you know answers. And no cheating! I'm leaving you on the honor system here.

List everything wrong or completely out place with this "Infographic" that some stupid somebody made.

Let's see if I missed anything.

1) Wade wasn't raised in Ohio and he didn't have a dysfunctional family. That was a false memory created by Butler (who is featured on this page so the guy should have known better). Wade's parents are established to be from Canada and the glimpse into their home showed that they were probably a stable household.

2) I don't recall the specifics of Wade's cancer, but it was definitely a bit more widespread than just his brain.

3) His speed stats should be much higher and why does he have anything for energy projection to begin with?

4) He's not immune to telepaths. He's only immune to Cable.

5) Um... don't remember him having super strength. He has peak human strength.

6) That's not Copycat. That's some space princess (or whatever) from Deadpool Corps with the same skin and hair color.

7) Nobody should recommend Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe.

8) Who the gently caress is Daniel Wayne?

I'll give the inclusion of a hammer as one of his weapons a pass because of that story where Loki made him think he was worthy to lift Mjolnir.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, when I saw that yesterday, I was like, "Wow. I'm no Deadpool expert, and I can see that there's so much wrong with that.".

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Also, Spider-Man is not listed as a combination Lover, Friend and Ally.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 11, 2015

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Gavok posted:

4) He's not immune to telepaths. He's only immune to Cable.

5) Um... don't remember him having super strength. He has peak human strength.

I thought it wasn't so much that he's immune to telepaths, more that until recently his head was full of broken glass and trying to read his mind would mostly get you Loony Toon reruns via a bad acid trip?

The writers forget that he doesn't have super strength sometimes, or have no idea what peak human is. In the Cable & Deadpool run he picked up a full grown man and crushed his vertebrae with only 3 fingers.(#13, totally worth a reread if only for how much fun the artist is having drawing him in a trenchcoat and fedora)

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Yeah, Deadpool doesn't seem to make friends as much as he decides who he's friends with and then lets them know, frequently by kidnapping. Taskmaster at least hasn't fully given in to the Stockholm syndrome yet.

Missing from his friend list: Siren, Blind Al, Rhino, his wife, his daughter, and Agent Preston, all of whom he's kidnapped. He's kidnapped or at least tied up all of his listed friends/lovers/allies except for Death. Apparently Wade's abandonment issues are so crushing that abduction is just how he shows he cares!

redbackground posted:

Also, Spider-Man is not listed as a combination Lover, Friend and Ally.

He's kidnapped Spider-man both as Peter Parker and in costume. ...and stripped his unconscious body.

Dr. MonkeyThunder fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 11, 2015

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I went to DeadpoolCore.com the other day, and signed up.

Today, I got an e-mail about the #12DaysOfDeadpool. The video is great, and I can't wait for the new trailer.

Also, can anyone identify what site is #6 (December 19)?

Day 1 is at Entertainment Weekly.

The promotion of this move is just awesome. :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
As much as I'm enjoying the new book the really sudden almost casual Oh it's Madcap, Madcap's the traitor reveal felt...off? Like it has to be a build up to a bigger pay-off or something about the way that came about feels weird to me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It also has teleportation listed as a power, when that was just a device he had, and hasn't used in years.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Deadpool teleporting and using a hammer were both things that were in the Deadpool videogame. That's probably where the person who made that got it from.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

It also has teleportation listed as a power, when that was just a device he had, and hasn't used in years.

For a while when he was psychically linked with Nate he could bodyslide

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The Spider-Man/Deadpool comic starts up this week, so here's the history of Spider-Man and Deadpool crossing paths in comics and beyond.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I was expecting this to read like another "misplaced" issue but it really didn't. Which is fine because I enjoyed what those issues bring to the main storyline, but overall feel that they are a little weaker. I really liked this one.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

My theory on what led up to that future:

Deadpool finally found out about what he did to his parents. More importantly, he found out that Preston knew and kept it from him, which caused a huge rift. No longer trusting Preston, Deadpool took Ellie away so he could raise her himself. They lived in the monster kingdom for a while and Deadpool had another daughter, this time with Shiklah. At some point, probably after a bad experience with Shiklah, he realized that he couldn't raise Ellie in such a horrifying environment. He abandoned Shiklah and Warda, which led to even more bad blood. Shiklah snapped and lashed out, which led to Ellie's death. Whether intentional or unintentional, Shiklah is to blame and it caused a war between her and Deadpool.

Preston is still around after all these years and is currently hunting down Deadpool 2099.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You know, since alternate universe/future Deadpools have come up, I've always wanted to see Deadpool interact with an alternate version of himself that never got cancer and never went into Weapon X and stayed a completely lovely mercenary his whole life. I'm pretty sure even with the endless memory-loving he's gone through, there still was a period where he was a remorseless, powerless killer for hire with a non-crazy brain, and even back then he was considered really good at what he did. It'd be kinda neat to see what path that Wade (or Jack, if you want to ruffle feathers) took, and how Deadpool would deal with this version of himself (Probably by killing them.)

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 20, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

You know, since alternate universe/future Deadpools have come up, I've always wanted to see Deadpool interact with an alternate version of himself that never got cancer and never went into Weapon X and stayed a completely lovely mercenary his whole life. I'm pretty sure even with the endless memory-loving he's gone through, there still was a period where he was a remorseless, powerless killer for hire with a non-crazy brain, and even back then he was considered really good at what he did. It'd be kinda neat to see what path that Wade (or Jack, if you want to ruffle feathers) took, and how Deadpool would deal with this version of himself (Probably by killing them.)

Going by the Kelly run and Monty's visions, Wade would have settled down with Vanessa had it not been for the cancer. I seem to recall the same story showed that Wade secretly had a conscience as shown by how he enacted one of his merc missions.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Man, your memory is way better than mine.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I'm working on a listicle of 15 obscure trivia facts about Deadpool and it involved revisiting Joe Kelly's Heroes Reborn: Remnants. That is... such a weird little one-shot.

For those who haven't read it (which I imagine is everyone but three people on Earth), it's a comedy team comic about the aftermath of all the major heroes leaving Counter-Earth. It turns out that Heroes Reborn Swordsman is in fact Heroes Reborn Wade Wilson and he's the last Avenger left to defend the world. But technically, it means Deadpool has been an Avenger since the mid-90's. A Deadpool, but Deadpool nonetheless.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

From here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-gerry-duggan-deadpool-2099-sabretooth-slash-fest

quote:

How far have you plotted in advance? It's honestly amazing how many things you've foreshadowed in past issues that we haven't even seen play out yet. Ellie having the X-gene, the mysterious woman Deadpool saw when he died fighting Washington in issue #6 of the previous series, Shiklah's planned war with the human world, etc. I can only assume there's some kind of master plan at work and that you're around for the long run.

I think your question was answered partially above. We have more Deadpool story than we know what to do with. I think we have a basic sense of where the story is about 50 issues from now. It's not where Deadpool is now. In 2099 you will see several glimpses of the future by way of the past. Because we work so far ahead we can plant seeds for eagle eyes. We showed you Zenpool a year before you met him again. You'll see a bit more of that in the coming 2099 stories. Some of your questions will be answered sooner, some later -- or perhaps not at all.

Yes, good. Very good. Marvel let Duggan write Deadpool forever please.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I will be happy when Duggan & Posehn have not only written the most Deadpool, but have written most of Deadpool.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

15 Random Things You Didn't Know About Deadpool

Tried to go as obscure as possible here.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

15 Random Things You Didn't Know About Deadpool

Tried to go as obscure as possible here.

You did a pretty good job, those are some obscure-rear end facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So the current storyline right now is that Deadpool is going after Sabretooth because he thinks he's responsible for the death of his parents. Obviously he isn't, but there is the whole thing about Sabretooth being responsible for the death of Copycat. Usually that part of their past is swept under the rug, but she's a bit of a bigger deal thanks to the movie and she appeared an awful lot in flashbacks in the Deadpool wedding issue. There's also the plot point that a lot of Deadpool's adventures never actually happened and were really part of Butler loving with his head.

I'm wondering if part of this story is going to outright say that the Return to Weapon X storyline from Frank Tieri's run never actually happened. Copycat never died and is in fact still out there.

• Locked thread