Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

strong bird posted:

its gross to see a boob or a butt ithgho.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Neither I nor workplace Google know what the gently caress that means.

In This Horny Goon's Humble Opinion, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Nice bat settler renamer with lots of options
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2017/

also nudity is a moral evil and these godless nexus deviants will suffer eternally for their transgressions inshallah

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Delsaber posted:

All of these are useful, but I've stopped using Optimized Vanilla Textures (along with the recommended LOD mod) because of extended load times. One of the newer versions might solve that problem though, and anyone running the game on an SSD probably won't notice.

Definitely noticable on an SSD also, but I'm going to try the BSA version and see if it helps.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i don't think anyone has ever said nudity is amoral

but going out of your way to add nudity to your video game "for no reason" is really really really loving weird

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
~~~immersiooooon~~~

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I want to like the texture optimization project because it does give much better FPS. But it does horrible things to load times, and the author just acts baffled that it doesn't run perfectly for everyone then blames it on people having HDDs, saying it's their fault for having such cheap hardware. Which is hilariously dumb for a mod designed to make the game run better on less expensive hardware.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I use optimized textures, but only those for interiors. It helps with FPS indoors (the worst areas of the game), without killing my load times to bad.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I want to like the texture optimization project because it does give much better FPS. But it does horrible things to load times, and the author just acts baffled that it doesn't run perfectly for everyone then blames it on people having HDDs, saying it's their fault for having such cheap hardware. Which is hilariously dumb for a mod designed to make the game run better on less expensive hardware.

Holy poo poo so that's what's making my load times totally unreasonable? God. loving. drat it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I posted this in the other thread but holy poo poo this mod is the motherload of terrible: idiot savant to idiot slut

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I posted this in the other thread but holy poo poo this mod is the motherload of terrible: idiot savant to idiot slut
I find it endlessly hilarious that mods like this get near universal praise in the comments, but stuff like mods that make hacking less of a chore have people complaining that the design of the game is being broken and no one should use it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

my spergmersion

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

i don't think anyone has ever said nudity is amoral

but going out of your way to add nudity to your video game "for no reason" is really really really loving weird

Are you normally this obsessive over video game boobs

Also, for people who were asking about it: apparently it is totally possible to change weapon ammo types and receivers and such as demonstrated by this mod that gives the .44 a .38 receiver
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4173/

And unrelated to that, here is a mod that I think I am totally gonna use because I lose dead bodies all the time. This mod adds drugs to highlight corpses with a Skyrim style detection effect.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4138/

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

greatBigJerk posted:

I find it endlessly hilarious that mods like this get near universal praise in the comments, but stuff like mods that make hacking less of a chore have people complaining that the design of the game is being broken and no one should use it.

Thats because you are only allowed to comment on mods balance wise, the admins of the site are incredibly zealous about deleting comments like "what the gently caress are you doing with your life"

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Ugh. The guy who did this art, Shadman, has a bunch of weird people making mods for him for FO4 and also he is a hugely creepy pedophile.

I first noticed this stuff when looking at the screenshots on the front page. Someone's character had Shadman drawing on his vault suit and I was like "wait a minute..."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I agree it is terrible, it should be Ignorant Slut

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Azhais posted:

I agree it is terrible, it should be Ignorant Slut

Jane! :argh:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

This is based on Shadman art

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

that mod's page posted:

This mod changes the name of the perk "Idiot Savant" to "Idiot Slut".
It changes the annoying laughs into sexy slut moans.
It changes the Idiot savant figure that pops up on your screen into a horny slut.
It changes the description of the perk to: "You're not stupid! Just... horny. Randomly receive 3x XP from any action, and the lower your Intelligence, the greater the chance."

lmao

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I'm waiting on a dirty underwear with realistic skid marks mod. These people aren't clearing skeletons out of their bedrooms, you know none of these nasty fuckers wipe.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Colapops posted:

Are you normally this obsessive over video game boobs

Also, for people who were asking about it: apparently it is totally possible to change weapon ammo types and receivers and such as demonstrated by this mod that gives the .44 a .38 receiver
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4173/

And unrelated to that, here is a mod that I think I am totally gonna use because I lose dead bodies all the time. This mod adds drugs to highlight corpses with a Skyrim style detection effect.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4138/

I spent loving 30 solid loving minutes last night trying to find a Legendary Raider who was goo-ified by a Mirelurk Queen next to a loving stream in the middle of a giant pile of green scrub and bushes. Thank you for posting this.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Weapon Balance Overhaul got an update to 1.3: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

Lot's of interesting changes, and now also to laser weapons. Now includes various ROF changes, changes to the benefits of ammo-changing receivers, less spread on the combat shotgun, etc.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i have the busty mod installed because i like my ladies curvy.

so if you dont like it, i hope it angers you. angrily and stuff.

the sound replacer for guns is nice though, adds a lovely punch to it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/130/

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

SneakyFrog posted:

If this doesn't produce the ear-ringing crack that renders all use of headphones painful than it's a garbage 'realistic' mod :colbert:

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

Zodium posted:

Playing around with batch files for spawning bigger raids than what the game will throw. There are surprisingly few static items around settlements to use as spawn points. :(

Settlers vs. Gunners. (Settlers lose.)

I was looking into it earlier today but it seems a nightmare without proper modding tools

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I would like a mod the bypasses lock picking and hacking if you have the perk for that difficulty and dumps you into the mini game if you do not. I will have to wait for the creation kit for something like this, yeah?

(And as a companion mod a legendary difficulty that can't be bypassed but gives mad loot for that container)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

there should be a mod that granted settlers X experience levels per day based on happiness so there's an actual point to boosting it, couldn't SKSE determine where NPCs are in an area and gently caress with their values accordingly?

something like

<50 happiness: gently caress you
50-59 happiness: +1 level per day
60-69 happiness: +2 levels per day
blah blah blah
95-99 happiness: +10 levels per day
100 happiness: +20 levels per day :w00t:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Level per day? That seems excessive, but then again I'm still in the early-mid game

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

jacking up the enemy level spawning, it seems enemy levels can go upwards of 250 which means they just take a swing at your settlers and they vaporize no matter how much armor they have since they're all level 2 with 30 hp

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

there should be a mod that granted settlers X experience levels per day based on happiness so there's an actual point to boosting it, couldn't SKSE determine where NPCs are in an area and gently caress with their values accordingly?

something like

<50 happiness: gently caress you
50-59 happiness: +1 level per day
60-69 happiness: +2 levels per day
blah blah blah
95-99 happiness: +10 levels per day
100 happiness: +20 levels per day :w00t:

Happiness over 85 is a myth

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Magmarashi posted:

Happiness over 85 is a myth
apparently the key is a one person settlement with lots of jukeboxes and a fractal of cat pictures

or just go to graygarden if you get the bug

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

The Iron Rose posted:

In other news, I finally did a complete overhaul of my weapon crafting mod. Fixed a ton of bugs, added the Syringer and the Railway Rifle, and the biggest change of all is that it now uses a custom weapons station!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1224/

No melee or unarmed weapons? :argh:

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
no dotdotdot makes long item names less annoying to deal with.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Roadie posted:

no dotdotdot makes long item names less annoying to deal with.

This problem seems to mostly affect Germans.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

This problem seems to mostly affect Germans.

It's not Germany's fault you're not naming your weapons after Fiona Apple album titles.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

apparently the key is a one person settlement with lots of jukeboxes and a fractal of cat pictures

or just go to graygarden if you get the bug

As far as Im aware jukeboxes and cat pictures do nothing, I cheesed it with like 20 tier 3 clinics.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

FadedReality posted:

No melee or unarmed weapons? :argh:

It's a gigantic pain to add all of them, but I will at some point in the future.

Inverness posted:

Weapon Balance Overhaul got an update to 1.3: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

Lot's of interesting changes, and now also to laser weapons. Now includes various ROF changes, changes to the benefits of ammo-changing receivers, less spread on the combat shotgun, etc.

Glad you're liking my mod! Huge thanks go to Anime Schoolgirl, I adapted a ton of his/her changes to weapon mods.

still need to rebalance melee weapons I think, they're a tad too powerful right now. Also think next time around I'm going to change the SMG's ammo to .38 to differentiate it a bit and hopefully make it more worthwhile to use. I kinda shy away from that sort of dramatic change however, might make it an optional file instead just because it seems a little drastic almost.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
Any mods out there that let armor bonuses for stuff you're wearing apply while in power armor? All my stuff is pocketed so my carry weight actually drops when I enter power armor. Its really annoying to jump in mech suit and suddenly I'm over-encumbered.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Azhais posted:

deathclaws with giant swinging dicks running at you

WHEN

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Sorus posted:

I would like a mod the bypasses lock picking and hacking if you have the perk for that difficulty and dumps you into the mini game if you do not. I will have to wait for the creation kit for something like this, yeah?

(And as a companion mod a legendary difficulty that can't be bypassed but gives mad loot for that container)

They don't bypass it but there are a couple that make them un-failable. Pin position doesn't matter just turn and only one word on a terminal. Still have to enter the minigame but not play it. I did these because gently caress those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

SneakyFrog posted:

Its cool, I guess, but for once vanilla sounds fine to me. Now an energy weapons sound overhaul I can get behind.

• Locked thread