Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

dreesemonkey posted:

Since the product recommendation megathread was archived, can anyone recommend a decent flashlight? I have a ton of the lovely harbor freight free LED flashlights, so uhh something better than that.

How much do you want to spend? Fenix Lights stuff is generally great but they have a million options at a ton of different price points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

bunnielab posted:

How much do you want to spend? Fenix Lights stuff is generally great but they have a million options at a ton of different price points.

Probably under $40 or so.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

dreesemonkey posted:

Probably under $40 or so.

http://www.ledlenserusa.com/t2-427.html

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I will say I have a whole bunch of Lenser flashlights and they're all great. Awesome fit and finish and very reliable. I'm very pleased by the quality.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I will say I have a whole bunch of Lenser flashlights and they're all great. Awesome fit and finish and very reliable. I'm very pleased by the quality.

Agreed, unfortnuately they're really hard to find in the US ever since Coast stopped licensing them.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Early Christmas Present to myself.

Had the 3.0 version for awhile now and they are still holding up well. Warm as can be, even when you're not moving around much in sub 30 Degree F weather. Even when they get wet, they keep the heat in.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VendaGoat posted:

Early Christmas Present to myself.

Had the 3.0 version for awhile now and they are still holding up well. Warm as can be, even when you're not moving around much in sub 30 Degree F weather. Even when they get wet, they keep the heat in.

I own some 4.0 stuff, and just looking at the picture is making me sweat. That stuff is crazy warm.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Picked up one of these

As much as I like hoodies I hate wearing 2 hooded items when it rains (my Goretex jacket has a hood too). Track jackets seem like a good compromise.
I admit though it's no 1984 year Sarajevo Olympic Commemoration Model Training Jacket, but it's close enough for me to complete my Sasha cosplay.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

colas posted:

I think Amazon has dibs on the cylinder so...rhombus?

I got some copyright infringement coffee. Maybe it's not close enough because Master Shake had a straw.

I'm confused how coffee beans can be "extra strong"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

Light roast is stronger but, then again, is hardly smoother because it has more acid.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I bought this Oster Versa blender yesterday because it had a really nice discount. It was supposed to get here today but it got delayed, and I was mad before I realized I don't have any use for a blender at all anyways.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts posted:

It's a marketing gimmick to sell crap coffee at an inflated price

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Dec 1, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

No sizes for my fat rear end :negative:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Josh Lyman posted:

No sizes for my fat rear end :negative:

Weird that they've only got up to a 33-inch waist on this one. Availability is a crapshoot by the time anything goes on clearance, but usually they run to at least 36 or 38.

Worth mentioning: if you have access to a .edu email address, they've got a 20% student discount.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

Man, I've been looking for something like this so I can hook up my Playstation TV to my kitchen television (a portable Salora from the early eighties) now that I've no use for it in the living room anymore (i.e. I played through Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops on it) but all the ones I've looked at are like four times that price. :tipshat:

e: Oh, according to the reviews it's utter poo poo.

Well, I got it about 2 weeks ago and it work really well, able to convert both image and sound from my laptop and computer to RCA composite. I could even change my screen resolution and the converter just adjusted itself and kept displaying. Maybe some people who bought it got duds, but mine's OK so far. I also suspect that some reviewers don't understand that composite is by nature going to look like poo poo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ema Nymton posted:

Maybe some people who bought it got duds, but mine's OK so far.

That's the thing with cheap Chinese poo poo: it's cheap because there's literally no quality control. The name-brand stuff comes from the same factories, built with the same parts (although since they are also Chinese, you get the same thing nested), but with better quality control. The discarded units are probably thrown in the bin these come from :newlol:. This is why you can have 30% satisfied users and 70% people who just couldn't get the poo poo to work, because the actual design isn't defective. (I don't know about this particular item and can't be arsed to check again).

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 08:55 on Dec 2, 2015

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Flaggy posted:

The only one I found online is going for $547 is this correct?

That sounds about right i paid 2800 DKK

It's made by hand in Denmark where the min. wage is like $20 and they claim it takes them 3 weeks.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
My credit card points now have an expiration date :(

I can redeem them for amazon gift cards, and they have a special on them this month! :c00lbutt:

Gonna wipe my rear end with my credit card points! :v:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

VendaGoat posted:

SAME:

(Ice Cream Maker attachment for our Kitchenaid mixer)

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

blarzgh posted:

SAME:

(Ice Cream Maker attachment for our Kitchenaid mixer)

Okay, this is super obvious and in the instructions, but when you use it, lock the bowl in place and start the mixer BEFORE pouring your ice cream mix in. A dumb mistake we made about the third time when we thought we remembered the process and didn't check the directions.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

The Chuck Taylor II's I got on the Converse Black Friday sale just arrived. My first fresh pair of Chucks since like 2004. These are incredibly comfortable, they have a cushy insole, a nice lining and a padded tongue, plus a nice minimal look that's much more modern than the old ones. I'm flatfooted and I do love my Onitsuka Tigers but the arches in those shoes murder me. Chucks give me the support I need -- absolutely none.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^I really wish they'd make a solid black version of the CT IIs

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

poop dood posted:

The Chuck Taylor II's I got on the Converse Black Friday sale just arrived. My first fresh pair of Chucks since like 2004. These are incredibly comfortable, they have a cushy insole, a nice lining and a padded tongue, plus a nice minimal look that's much more modern than the old ones. I'm flatfooted and I do love my Onitsuka Tigers but the arches in those shoes murder me. Chucks give me the support I need -- absolutely none.

Got my wife a pair of white chuck IIs. She loves them. It's a really solid update to an iconic but altogether terrible (function wise) design.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Placed an order for the Duo Coffee Steeper.

I have a French press right now and it makes fine coffee, but there are a few things I'm not crazy about with it and I'm hoping this will solve all my issues. Got one of their nice mugs for free with a coupon code too, plus an additional basket for brewing loose leaf tea. Very excited for it to arrive!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

The Aphasian posted:

Okay, this is super obvious and in the instructions, but when you use it, lock the bowl in place and start the mixer BEFORE pouring your ice cream mix in. A dumb mistake we made about the third time when we thought we remembered the process and didn't check the directions.

Excellent, thanks! I'll remember this post immediately after I forget for the first time.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

For my money, flushable wet wipes are loads better than any type of regular toilet paper.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Wanamingo posted:

For my money, flushable wet wipes are loads better than any type of regular toilet paper.

I am no where near old enough to participate in this conversation.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Wanamingo posted:

Too bad the companies all pretty much just lie when they say they breakdown just like toilet paper.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/21/huge-10-ton-fatberg-removed-chelsea-sewer-london

quote:

A 10-tonne lump of wet wipes and fat has been removed from a sewer in Chelsea, west London.

The toxic lump of congealed fat and household waste – known as a fatberg – was 40 metres long and so heavy that it broke the 1940s-era sewer.

For your sake, I hope you don't have a septic tank that you'll have to pay to replace when all those wipes back up the system.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein posted:

Too bad the companies all pretty much just lie when they say they breakdown just like toilet paper.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/21/huge-10-ton-fatberg-removed-chelsea-sewer-london

For your sake, I hope you don't have a septic tank that you'll have to pay to replace when all those wipes back up the system.

I've read about that before, isn't the problem mostly just people flushing the kind that aren't supposed to be flushed? Not every wet wipe on the market is designed to break down.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Wanamingo posted:

I've read about that before, isn't the problem mostly just people flushing the kind that aren't supposed to be flushed? Not every wet wipe on the market is designed to break down.

Nope. Even the flushable ones will gently caress poo poo up.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
This is a terrible development, as wiping your rear end with wet wipes is the best and cleanest way to finish a poop

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

poop dood posted:

I know Chuck Taylor sizing is its own beast, but are the Chuck II's sizing the same as regular Chucks?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pron on VHS posted:

This is a terrible development, as wiping your rear end with wet wipes is the best and cleanest way to finish a poop

It's true :(

Fix your poo poo, Cottonelle

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i don't like having a moist butt though

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I just toss them in the trash?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

App13 posted:

I just toss them in the trash?

So your bathroom smells like poo poo all the time? Gross.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Pron on VHS posted:

Bidets are not just for brothels, barbarians

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

hackbunny posted:

Bidets are not just for brothels, barbarians

Was going to say, I thought Europeans were big on bidets?

Also WTF UK, haven't you heard of putting grease traps on sewer lines running out of food service businesses? That's something even we backwards-rear end Americans understand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Geoj posted:

Was going to say, I thought Europeans were big on bidets?

Also WTF UK, haven't you heard of putting grease traps on sewer lines running out of food service businesses? That's something even we backwards-rear end Americans understand...

I think the articles I've read on it before talk about the tons of illegally run food places plus the residential properties that give no fucks.