Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath complete!

And I'd like to claim JURNAL for the autumn leaves on the Malifuax bases and on Kirai's kimono. (I tried crushed red pepper on the bowmen's bases ...but I'll be removing that soon.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Leperflesh posted:

these Photobucket links don't load for me. Generally photobucket embeds break within hours: I reccomend imgur.

e. and now they're loading, but the point stands, you might want to rehost so they're still here on Tuesday.

Ah ok, I didn't realise photobucket could be that much of a problem. I've rehosted on imgur. Thanks.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

I tried doing a day of the dead style skull. It didn't work.

Still, Orks don't need to culturally appropriate anything when their culture is perfect already - the Orks are the pinnacle of creation.

24 hours

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

no theme

One of these days I'll not work all the time, and actually have time to paint.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

One of these days I'll not work all the time, and actually have time to paint.

Got help us when you actually start to paint, then, because that figure is gorgeous.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Holy poo poo, it is the last day! I thought I oathed something already, thanks MSP for the heads up!

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one The Dragonslayer. Cool mini or not miniature for the game Wrath of kings. 32mm scale.

At least it's only 9am there...

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING one soda pop minis super dungeon explore monster

Gods this month has been awful. I almost forgot about oathing! Speedpaint day ahoy!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

As well as the autumn leaves, free-handed a skull icon for the Jurnal

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
Actually had these finished for a while but been too forgetful to take pictures. Amazingly hard to get a username on with just a phone.

No theme this month.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I have come to the realisation, again, that the most stressful part of the month is the stupid amount of time and effort it takes me to achieve a set of pictures that:

1) Are in focus.
2) Are not obscured by shadows.
3) Are not over exposed to the point of LENS FLARE ON ALL THE THINGS.
4) Are willing to be uploaded despite things that worked fine last time being a bitch. This month I had to change browsers for some reason.

The following pics are a result of considerable trial and error eventually involving my wife volunteering to hold her phone torch over the models while I sit the camera on the tabletop and very carefully press the button. I think I needed to put another coat of matt varnish on these, I swear they are less shiny in reality. Oh my god it should not be so hard to snap a few pics. Anyway.

Oath Complete!

The Medusa.

The Triton-X.

My First Neverborn. You didn't need to see that guys foot, right? Again, they look less shiny in person.

I was planning to do Day of The Dead style freehand skulls and stuff on the back of Angel Eyes' cloak, but I suck at freehand and all of those folds were not helping so I bailed on that idea.

Overall I'm happy with how everything turned out this month even if taking pics of it was ridiculously frustrating. I need to go learn how to do photography. But hey, I think my painting is improving!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Getting back on the wagon. Twelve hours should be enough. Oathing one Wereshark for use as a Kings of War Beast of Nature. Reaper Bones, 28mm.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
We ever get a judge's ruling for last month?

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE

Challenge

His necromantic scroll has a skull!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Welp... Oath Complete!

I tried to do the theme on this gal, you guys tell me...
*linked to painfully big*

Theme:
I attempted a Day of the Dead face paint on my scary vampire girl, who is kinda a scare-tactics infiltrating assassin. You know, she's already in that "BOO!" position with that ridiculous stance.

Don't know if I like it. I was not able to do the intricate designs that google image search provided since her face is quite small.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Not getting mine done tonight. On the other hand Fallout 4 is great!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Getting back on the wagon. Twelve hours should be enough. Oathing one Wereshark for use as a Kings of War Beast of Nature. Reaper Bones, 28mm.

I was considering making mine into unit filler for some naiads, but that is also a great use for it.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
Oath Complete!

I'm Claiming Day of the Dead Theme Challenge for the festive skulls shown here:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Complete! Claiming Jurnal on the leaves drawn on the Oiran!

First off, my Oiran. She's done up in mostly the same color scheme as my Yan Lo crew (originally developed as a more subdued, deathly version of my Ten Thunders colors, but now I'm porting it over to Rezzers), so I figured fall foilage might go well with her - sort of an end to vitality vibe. My mistake I think, was trying to draw leaf spines when I don't have any brushes thin enough :downs: I might go back to this later and try to clean it up.

Next up is my Nothing Beast from Tara's crew. My brother suggested blue as a decent color suggesting "oblivion", and I think it's working well here.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Under 15 posted:

Oath Complete!

The new camera is a little too good. A little blur would probably help things.

This really modern mini on an old school Goblin Green base is giving me tonal whiplash and I love it. Nice job.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Camera doesn't want to cooperate, but oath complete!

No journal this month, as the shark cannot stop for harvest festivals. I've since removed that static grass on his arm.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete! And not a minute too soon....

The journal is the orange leaves on Mr. Pumpkinhead's base, which I swear I painted that color. (The color balance is weirdly off on these pics, owing to the fact that my Totally Legitimate™ license for Photoshop just died and I haven't installed GIMP yet. Let me know if you need better pics, but I won't be uploading them tonight 'cos I gotta go lie down.)

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO
I, dmnz, oath that I will paint these 10 Orc Big'uns for December. Games Workshop 28mm.

First oath time. I figure I'll start over optimistically with 10 models in the silly season..

edit: oh so American Samoa is on the *other* side of the date line.
I guess I'm oathing these guys again tomorrow..

double edit: picture taken on correct side of dateline now.

dmnz fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 2, 2015

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

The Journal is the freehand skull painted on one of the shields. I think this was my first time freehanding skulls without going for an intentionally orcish look.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!
Two Tiger Soldiers, from Corvus Belli/Infinity in 28mm

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of December, two Objective sets (One Riddler Puzzle, Loot, Ammo Crate and Titan Canister in each) and one pack of Safe Boxes (two models in the MDF pack) all for the Batman Miniature Game by Knight Models, 32mm scale.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, LordAba, hereby oath for December 5 gants (games workshop, 30-32mm heroic scale?), a pugilist (On the Lamb, 30mm scale?), and a Dahon (Soda Pop, 30mm).

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for the month of December 6 zombies and one survivor from Zombicide Rue Morgue and a 10mm Gandalf and 10mm Saruman by Cooplestone Casting.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a Harbinger and tadpole tim from Dark Sword Miniatures for the month of December

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, having learned nothing about budgeting one's time last month, oath to paint the following miniatures in the month of December:  (1) Orc Field Chirurgeon (in 2 parts); (1) Anirion, Wood Elf Wizard; (1) Townsfolk Strumpet; and (1) Jeff Corey's character from Conan the Destroyer Leisynn, Mercenaries Mage!  All 28mm; the orc is from Kromlech, and the rest are Reaper Bones.  (Bases to be added later.)

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
R.S. Gumby oaths 31 bedouins (a 15mm army for DBA, by Essex)

Hi oath thread! I haven't been painting much lately, so to remedy this I'll throw paint at a DBA army. For those familiar with the game, it's I/6c Early Bedouin, and just 12 stands as the army lacks options. But it has camels!

Germ
May 7, 2013

I, Germ, do solvenly oath to paint these 2 Eldar Hornets by Forgeworld and this Dark Eldar Venom by Games Workshop, all 28 mm

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Hi everyone,

First I was in the US for a week, busier than I thought visiting my mom
Then I was jetlagged for half a week with no energy
Then I had gastroenteritis and didn't have the energy to do anything (from being up most nights)
So today is my first day 'back' and I'll start with catching up on November's Oaths. Of course the finished ones already count for you, this is just bookkeeping so make sure your Oath is OK and in the spreadsheet. I'll do the December Oaths in a separate post and continue catching up with the various photo albums.

Danimo posted:

For November I Oath 4 plastic models from Zombicide, by CoolMiniOrNot. In particular: Kim, Shannon, Phil and Amy.

Galaspar posted:

For November, Galaspar oaths one Thunder Warrior

He's a heavy kitbash of GW parts.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath 3 Mantic Ghouls 28mm and 1 Confrontation Starter Set - Dragon Altar Terrain Piece.
FYI, the Ghouls are not partially painted but rather a failed attempt at zenithal priming.
s'all good man, I can see what you were going for

Lord Thrust posted:

For November I, Lord Thrust, oath one 28mm Forgeworld Sonic Dreadnought.

Uroboros posted:

Going to make an oath addition.

1x Ultramarine Devastator Sergeant with all weapon options.
5x ultramarine Devastators magnetized for all weapon options.
Retracted as requested Nov 23, 2015 02:07

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo oath three goblins and three trolls from Mantic Games, 28mm.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a Scorpion Neuromancer from Rackham for the month of November

Zark the Damned posted:

A bit late and pretty compact this month, I've mostly been working on assembling and tidying up minis for future months. Anyway:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for November 2015:
1 RT-Era Predator

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Overprepared Villager with Pitchfork AND Torch, (1) Hellhound, and (1) Pumpkinhead-Skeleton-Scarecrow Thing with Scythe by the end of November! All 28mm, Reaper Bones, zenithal primed as seen below.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath this aquarium piece to use as terrain for the 3 days left i have of November.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath this Reaper Bones evil swordsman guy

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, oath to paint the following model:

One Nomad Wildcat, Corvus belli Miniatures, 28mm

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath 1 Ork Bikerboy, 28mm GW:

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Holy poo poo, it is the last day! I thought I oathed something already, thanks MSP for the heads up!

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one The Dragonslayer. Cool mini or not miniature for the game Wrath of kings. 32mm scale.

At least it's only 9am there...
Ah the benefits of that American Samoa time zone :)

Ledgem posted:

OATHING one soda pop minis super dungeon explore monster

Gods this month has been awful. I almost forgot about oathing! Speedpaint day ahoy!

Uroboros posted:

We ever get a judge's ruling for last month?
No, I was too busy to get the photo album together but will be doing that by the weekend.

Arson Fire posted:

Ah ok, I didn't realise photobucket could be that much of a problem. I've rehosted on imgur. Thanks.
Thanks for taking the time to re-upload them, and thanks Leperflesh for pointing it out in the first place. Yes, Photobucket kinda sucks nowadays, Imgur is the preferred image host for most forums. I wish Google Photos would figure out people want to host individual pictures on forums, as I have to upload my pictures twice now.

Schmetterling posted:

I got mail!

My major prize from last thread, a fancy airbrush!
Along with a literal handful of fancy brushes from earlier this year!

Thanks to the thread sponsors that make these prizes possible :3:
Awesome! I was wondering about these :D

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Right, deep breath time.....

I, Grey hunter, do hereby oath for this last month of this year -

12 Scourge Evicerators,
2 Eagle Gunships,
2 Raven B Dropships,
All Hawk Wargames, 10mm.

1 Timecast bridge
4 scratch built focal point markers, maybe including all the other random stuff, plus some barbed wire.

I may not use all the infantry, but I'll include them here for completion.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 3, 2015

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Oath!
Two Tiger Soldiers, from Corvus Belli/Infinity in 28mm

Did I get approved? :f5:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Death Marshal, Guild faction of Malifaux by Wyrd Games!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I, Felime, Hereby oath one Fire Giant Bodyguard from Reaper, one Kovnik Malakov from Privateer Press, and one Wasteland Warrior from Dark Age.

it's my first oath so I better not gently caress this up.

Felime fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 5, 2015

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Time to close out the year with a big batch. I counterspin, oath Xerxis 1, 6 Incediari, and a modified Titan Sentry

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of December, two Objective sets (One Riddler Puzzle, Loot, Ammo Crate and Titan Canister in each) and one pack of Safe Boxes (two models in the MDF pack) all for the Batman Miniature Game by Knight Models, 32mm scale.

Psst! I think my oath got missed...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

Psst! I think my oath got missed...

Nah, it's not been missed. Krush was catching up on November's backlog and hasn't started December yet.

Reminds me, I need to pull my stuff together and get my Oath on...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December 2015:
8 Dwarfs from OathSworn Miniatures
2 Metalbeard Warriors from Titan Forge
6 Treasure Markers, 5 from Ristul's Market and 1 from Reaper Bones
1 Space Hulk Terminator from GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath addition, one 25mm Type V Demon by Fractured Dimensions.

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for the month of December 6 zombies and one survivor from Zombicide Rue Morgue and a 10mm Gandalf and 10mm Saruman by Cooplestone Casting.

• Locked thread