Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
de_seaside was a fun map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
The amount of "awpers" in LE/LEM eu match matching is loving ridiculous.

"Guys, do we need that 3rd awp, it is t side and..."
"gently caress you" x 3.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bpower posted:

"gently caress you" x 3.
5 AWP is decent T side strategy on de_dust2.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

bpower posted:

"gently caress you" x 3.

Least it's not gn2. Games lately have been a never-ending cycle of 4 AWP buys--> die to a p90 -->lose 2 eco rounds--> 4 AWP buys.....

why 4? Because I always buy an AK to compensate and never get to pull out my sweet af AWP :(

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I'd like to see a pro tournament that was specifically cs_ maps only. Like, explicitly say it's absolutely not serious, make it charity or something, then let the pros loose on maps they probably haven't even seen in years.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Noobs think buying an AWP every round is the best way to carry in counter strike. But they are wrong. The best way to carry in counter strike is P90 + dualies every round regardless of how much money you have.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
mag-7 + p250 is more my style

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Generally I find bad players buy AWPs a lot because it's the only way they can get kills against better players since it requires no spray control and lovely aim even if you just camp

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the nova should have a scope on it

surc
Aug 17, 2004

BabeLiker90 posted:

Generally I find bad players buy AWPs a lot because it's the only way they can get kills against better players since it requires no spray control and lovely aim even if you just camp

Look this one time I camped spawn and all the enemies ran in one at a time and messed up their peeks and I got an ace you just don't get how pro I am you scrub

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Awesome Welles posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/shinobi_cs/v/20394736

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

holy poo poo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oh hey, this was the kid that started talking poo poo to silent9m during their game against Method.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Awesome Welles posted:

saw a guy one tap a guy from CT mid on inferno to the hay in T spawn.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kwilty posted:

saw a guy one tap a guy from CT mid on inferno to the hay in T spawn.

I've done it from A site to pit. Nova owns.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
CSGO's rng is majestic.

e: Wtf is this last page? Hooray nuke's anniversary on a tech demo that somehow a bunch of idiots thought was a real cs game. Has this thread run out of things to talk about? More crazy kill clips please.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 3, 2015

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I can complain about people abandoning a match within the first 5 minutes if you want :allears:

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
Any tips for getting out of DMG? Does anyone here use the custom crosshair script in an autoexec file? I've been using the static CS1.6/CS:S crosshair.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

nosl posted:

Any tips for getting out of DMG? Does anyone here use the custom crosshair script in an autoexec file? I've been using the static CS1.6/CS:S crosshair.

Sensitivity, graphical settings and crosshairs have nothing to do with your rank. Think about ways you can help your teammates and thus help your team win and think about where you're putting your crosshair when you turn around corners - try to keep it at head level.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
On the other hand, lower your sens, get global.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

BabeLiker90 posted:

Sensitivity, graphical settings and crosshairs have nothing to do with your rank. Think about ways you can help your teammates and thus help your team win and think about where you're putting your crosshair when you turn around corners - try to keep it at head level.

This is what I've been doing and I've been steadily ranking up. People at this rank seem obsessed with resolution and low settings and custom crosshairs, but I ask them how long they've been in this rank and they say like a year :lol:

I should be out in a day or so.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

BabeLiker90 posted:

Sensitivity... have nothing to do with your rank.

well hold on now.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

No, he's right. We are all global, regardless of sensitivity and rank.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Turn my sensitivity down make it stop hurting

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Xenaero posted:

Has this thread run out of things to talk about? More crazy kill clips please.

My ratio of crazy kills have gone down by quite a bit after I switched over to mostly playing esea.

But eh, I tried: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmsCgD8wvdA

Enjoy bad spit and mediocre aim!

kalstrams posted:

This video has left me emotionally confused.

shhh bby it'll be fine

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 3, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This video has left me emotionally confused.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

mcvey posted:

well hold on now.

You can make anything work with enough time and practice though perhaps a lower one helps. I use probably the lowest sens in this thread (1.4).

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

BabeLiker90 posted:

You can make anything work with enough time and practice though perhaps a lower one helps. I use probably the lowest sens in this thread (1.4).

You've opened a pandora's box that cannot be closed

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Jeza posted:

You've opened a pandora's box that cannot be closed

0.6 at 800 dpi

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
.9 @ 400 what do i win?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

henne posted:

.9 @ 400 what do i win?

Carpal Tunnel.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
I don't think I properly turned off hardware acceleration on Windows. When I upgraded my PC I switched fully to Linux and lowered the DPI setting on my mouse to compensate for the elevated inherent sensitivity within the new OS, and began ranking up faster since my aim was more accurate, but now I worry that I have no basis for judging sensitivity since your sensitivity combined with DPI probably differs from mine. Is this accurate?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

BabeLiker90 posted:

Yeah for sure but I think there are probably less people that are good at the game while using a high sens over something normal y'know? Hiko and f0rest might use 1600edpi or whatevs but they're huge outliers.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

well hold on now.

Remind the class who's better than you with probably three times your sensitivity again???????

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Anywhere between 20-80cm for a 360 is playable. Falling outside that is pretty unusual. Mild acceleration is also fine (not Windows), but has a bad reputation. Also be aware that people have different setups, so what is normal for some isn't normal for others. I use a small mousepad and almost never move my arm when using my mouse.. I aim entirely using my wrist using it as a pivot. Not many people do that, but it seems to work OK for me. My mouse hardly ever moves out of a 15cm square box in the centre of my mousepad, and I've seen others who sweep their mouse across like 40cm to do a 180.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Xenaero posted:

Remind the class who's better than you with probably three times your sensitivity again???????

That is cold blooded.:yoshi:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Xenaero posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Boy oh boy do I love biweekly sens talk.

(1.25@500)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
500dpi? no wonder you're ______

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

500dpi? no wonder you're ______
DMG

• Locked thread