Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Fister Roboto posted:

Has anyone else noticed nations breaking their alliances for no reason? I started out as Jianzhou, with Korchin as an ally. I went to war with Haixi without calling in my ally, and when I annexed them my alliance with Korchin just vanished into thin air. I didn't get a message that they broke the alliance, they don't have a peace treaty towards me, and I don't have a relations penalty against them for breaking the alliance. It's like I was never allied with them in the first place. Is this a bug?

Did you form Manchu?
Forming Manchu changes your religion, which cancels all your allies. That's what happened to me, but the worst is now I'm stuck with the boring Confucian religion instead of cool and awesome Tengri. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So I kinda don't care for estates.

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun
So it doesn't seem like colonial nations form in Australia anymore. They did before, right? Didn't notice anything in the dev diaries about it.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
http://hastebin.com/raw/onuqexuzot

I put together a quick list of Tengri syncretic bonuses from poking around in the game files since I couldn't find it anywhere online. There are some really cool bonuses for the religions that are difficult to get: Coptic, Nahuatl, Zoroastrian, etc.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Pellisworth posted:

How balanced/fun/useful estates are I really can't say yet

Yeah I don't know how I feel about them quite yet. They didn't seem like a major problem in the first 20 years or so of a test game, but they also didn't seem to give out huge bonuses worth earning. The exception being my Muscovite Boyars and their 15% manpower recovery (which I imagine exists for all Eastern techers in some form?), that's boss as hell.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chickpea Roar posted:

Did you form Manchu?
Forming Manchu changes your religion, which cancels all your allies. That's what happened to me, but the worst is now I'm stuck with the boring Confucian religion instead of cool and awesome Tengri. :(

No but I figured out the problem, it's because Korchin converts to Buddhism for whatever reason.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
+1 building slots and no building cost increase from bad climate are huge for RotW, thanks guys :)

I'm even willing to overlook my favourite religion getting a little nerf (shia only +5% army morale now)

As fun as estates seem I'm willing to wait for a sale to jump in on this action, sounds like things could use some tweaking.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
The tribes estate for my Manchu run has been pretty vital in my fight for unification. The manpower bonus/extra units is pretty clutch

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah I don't know how I feel about them quite yet. They didn't seem like a major problem in the first 20 years or so of a test game, but they also didn't seem to give out huge bonuses worth earning. The exception being my Muscovite Boyars and their 15% manpower recovery (which I imagine exists for all Eastern techers in some form?), that's boss as hell.

I think that's just "Nobles" in general.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

unwantedplatypus posted:

The tribes estate for my Manchu run has been pretty vital in my fight for unification. The manpower bonus/extra units is pretty clutch

I just wanted to say, I'm glad you still have that avatar.

I need to go reread that thread.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
One downside of nations now picking "appropriate" idea sets instead of having set historical ones is that now Aragon seems to join the Iberian colonialism party.

Goddamit.

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

Well the RNW just keeps on giving. I got ambushed by a British army that I was sure was on the other side of the map appearing on top of me. After investigation I discovered: A teleporter!

Moving to province A takes you directly to B in the middle of the lake.
Point B and province C appear to be adjacent.
Moving from province A to C takes you to province D.

kukrunkarmaskin fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 2, 2015

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Is that a bug or is there an actual teleporter type modifier for a province?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I am playing Catholic Mamluks so The Ottomans one-upped me and allied Austria. What the gently caress?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

GreyPowerVan posted:

I am playing Catholic Mamluks so The Ottomans one-upped me and allied Austria. What the gently caress?

In my Brandenburg game Poland has allied Qara Qoyonlu and gone to war with Haasa.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
I formed Russia as Muscovy and it un-ironmaned my save. First it said achievements disabled because "This save was meant to be playing Muscovy." and then after I reloaded it simply claimed I edited save or borrowed it from someone else.

If I use cloud saves will I be more reliably able to actually complete do Ironman runs, or is the game randomly locking you out of achievements just a thing to be dealt with?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I annexed a vassal and the extra land made the burghers cranky but the AI had given over half of their provinces to the clergy so I couldn't assign any provinces to the burghers and estates persists. Turns out the country had placed an estate on every single province and they persist. :bang:

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Poil posted:

I annexed a vassal and the extra land made the burghers cranky but the AI had given over half of their provinces to the clergy so I couldn't assign any provinces to the burghers and estates persists. Turns out the country had placed an estate on every single province and they persist. :bang:

You can revoke estates, just be prepared for rebellion.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Scrree posted:

I formed Russia as Muscovy and it un-ironmaned my save. First it said achievements disabled because "This save was meant to be playing Muscovy." and then after I reloaded it simply claimed I edited save or borrowed it from someone else.

If I use cloud saves will I be more reliably able to actually complete do Ironman runs, or is the game randomly locking you out of achievements just a thing to be dealt with?

It's probably a bug I've never had any issues previously. There are a whole lot of achievements that require you to not switch tags which usually means playing as a vassal or something, forming a nation shouldn't invalidate it.

What achievements were you going for

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

GreyPowerVan posted:

Team gently caress Hungary and Poland.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Wasn't this patch gonna buff the new world? I'm it's still nothing but 1/1/1 development trash provinces.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

It was. But looks like it never made it through, still a bad idea doing anything in the great new world wasteland that is not colonizing

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I don't like having to click the "select army" button before detaching a siege unit, this is getting annoying quick

EDIT: Of note, you don't have to be European to get cardinals, I guess the province just has to be in Europe

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 2, 2015

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

TaurusTorus posted:

Wasn't this patch gonna buff the new world? I'm it's still nothing but 1/1/1 development trash provinces.

I've seen provinces up to 13 development so far. It seems like only about 10% of provinces are over 10 development, though. Most seem to be 5-8, with plenty of 3's in there too.

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

Antti posted:

Pretty sure it's a bug, there's nothing that hints it's supposed to work this way.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dibujante posted:

You can revoke estates, just be prepared for rebellion.
And rebellion and rebellion and rebellion...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

People posting about regular rebellions maybe need to look into how they handle rebellions. If I get 3-4 rebellions going at once, I usually find the one firing soonest and lower autonomy, leave the middle ones alone, then raise autonomy for the ones I need to wait a bit. Then you just park your troops in the right provinces, wait, and reset after each one.

Estates, on the other hand... try not to gently caress them up :v:

EDIT: Austria just attacked Hungary and the Ottomans are actually helping them. I hope France likes me, because I have a loving deadly neighbor up north.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 2, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That doesn't help with events at all.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Poil posted:

That doesn't help with events at all.

Usually you can get troops to the area before the event fires, since you get a few months to respond to it.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

TaurusTorus posted:

It's definitely higher now than it used to be. Still not 'wealthy,' but not all 1/1/1s either.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

People posting about regular rebellions maybe need to look into how they handle rebellions. If I get 3-4 rebellions going at once, I usually find the one firing soonest and lower autonomy, leave the middle ones alone, then raise autonomy for the ones I need to wait a bit. Then you just park your troops in the right provinces, wait, and reset after each one.

Estates, on the other hand... try not to gently caress them up :v:

EDIT: Austria just attacked Hungary and the Ottomans are actually helping them. I hope France likes me, because I have a loving deadly neighbor up north.

Rebel progress is usually one of the things I keep up on my outliner. You want to be aware if anything nasty is brewing and 80% is often too late to do much.

Strudel Man posted:

It's definitely higher now than it used to be. Still not 'wealthy,' but not all 1/1/1s either.

and yeah I'm playing in the New World and it did get buffed somewhat. The majority of the provinces are still like 3 development but quite a few in the 5-7 range and some 10+

Like the important trade provinces such as Havan and Massachusetts are 11 and 10

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 2, 2015

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

My random worlds have had pretty good diversity too- a lot of threes, some 5s, and 8-12s for spice sprinkled in. I had one really juicy cluster of 5-12s on an island in one of them.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Usually you can get troops to the area before the event fires, since you get a few months to respond to it.

I think they changed that this patch. I spent months sailing my army over to some fuckoff island only to find the province the rebels were in was different when I actually clicked the button. A different type of rebels, too, which was a bit confusing.

And has anyone managed to complete a circumnavigation since the patch? I've tried it twice now and both times my ships get stuck off the coast of West Africa.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Koramei posted:

I think they changed that this patch. I spent months sailing my army over to some fuckoff island only to find the province the rebels were in was different when I actually clicked the button. A different type of rebels, too, which was a bit confusing.
I think they fixed that exploit in a patch so they spawn in a different province if you send an army into it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Koramei posted:

This has been a longstanding thing, not sure what causes it

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Antti posted:

Looking at the tile, "province" C and the province just above A- Sorca? Are actually the same province; they share a colour on the province map. As do "province" A and Yuparttlar, north of C. Points B and D will be the autogenerated troop positions of those two provinces (they're at the mid points of the bounding boxes).

Vicar
Oct 20, 2007

Has anyone figured out a workaround to the bug where two armies bug out and keep walking in loops? My allies in a war just decided to do nothing but move their armies back and forth between two provinces and it's making this war kinda hard. I tried enabling "attach to this army" on one of my armies but it didn't help.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Vicar posted:

Has anyone figured out a workaround to the bug where two armies bug out and keep walking in loops? My allies in a war just decided to do nothing but move their armies back and forth between two provinces and it's making this war kinda hard. I tried enabling "attach to this army" on one of my armies but it didn't help.

Does reloading the game unconfuse them?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Vicar posted:

reloading might help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how First Come First Serve sounds like it should be the easiest poo poo ever, but I started bordering Huron and Iroquois and they ganged up with all the OPMs to brutally murder me lol.

• Locked thread