Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
RIP indeed. :(

Kinda funny that Dr. Tot was the in-joke for this thread the whole time and the LP ends literally the update before we meet him, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Well poo poo, can't fault you for getting out and living OP.

This LP is really good though, and I'm sure going to miss it.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So what do you propose? That instead of watching or reading about someone playing a game we go out and play it ourselves?

What madness is this?

Seriously though, glad to see someone getting out of the game on a good note, rather than personal life implosion or something worse.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It's cool, thanks for the LP's Mega

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Mega64 posted:

Sorry I had to abandon yet another Let's Play, especially sorry to Orange Fluffy Sheep who was contributing one hell of a low-level run. I hope that continues on in some capacity.

I could probably just save the updates I have and resume it if someone else tries a FF9 LP.

If nothing else, I got to avoid doing the Alexandrian Gauntlet and zombie juggling, so I win in the end!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Requesting tag change to We Forgot (Dr. Tot)

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
And that's a guarantee to you. If you start an FF9 LP and get to disc 2, suddenly I'll lurch in and Gitan's wacky level 1 crew will hang out and avoid becoming better people.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Well, I'm saddened by this turn of events, but as I'm terrible at finishing what I start (I never did get past world 1 of that FFV Solo Dragoon thing in the Solo-Omnithread, nor do I see myself working up the effort to do more) I can hardly cast stones. Also because I try to, you know, not be a dick. Farewell thread! May we someday actually meet Dr. Tot!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Requesting tag change to We Forgot (Dr. Tot)

Dr. Tot? I think not.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
goodbye mega64. you are cool.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
For what it's worth this got me to take a second look at this game, have a good one.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Man that Omnizerker last LP could not have helped. Your LPs were always super good. Well done, sir.

(My kid and I have since gone through FFV a second time, off and on.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh well, at least there's always the possibility of you coming back later and finishing things. Accounting Nightmare came back four years after when she started her Devil May Cry 4 LP and finished it so there's always hope!

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

This sucks

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Mega64 I'm like halfway through your Mother 3 lp and its been really helpful while I've been sick and not able to sleep. Glad you're managing to stop before a pc explodes like a lot of lpers seem to have happen!

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I appreciate you trying to make me feel like it's not my fault, but we both know the LP ended because I just caught up.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Man, your After Years LP was the first thing that had me lurking SA rather than cluelessly wondering where the LP Archive's content came from. You're one of the big reasons I paid my :10bux:. It's been fun. I would have a screenshot of "thanks for everything" from Mother 3's ending but you transcribed that line. :v:

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 3, 2015

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I'm sad you're retiring from LPing, but I'm glad it's because you're too busy doing better stuff. Thanks for everything!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Thanks for all your LPs over the years. You've always kept to a really good standard of quality, which naturally entails a lot of behind-the-scenes effort.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
Thank you for the enjoyment your LPs have given me over the years.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Schwartzcough posted:

I'm sad you're retiring from LPing, but I'm glad it's because you're too busy doing better stuff. Thanks for everything!

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Thanks for writing text between screenshots, I enjoyed them!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Schwartzcough posted:

Ditto. Your Mother 3 and FFVI:BNW threads were amazing for various reasons, and I've browsed your other LPs in the archive too.

Between this and Blind Sally's Chrono Trigger LP going into the archive, it's been a very :unsmith: day.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot3LYupdTOQ

Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

William Shakespeare
From The Tempest, Act 4 Scene 1

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Thanks for your work man, it was always worth the read.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Aww, it was an enjoyable ride. Thanks a lot for the LP!

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I'm sad your LP career is ending, but I'm relieved in a way. I can finally forget Doctor Tot.

Jack Ratigan
Jan 26, 2005

...Ok
D'awww :smith:

FF 9 is weirdly LP resistant.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Let's Play superstar FactsAreUseless salutes a fellow LP superstar.

Fun fact: I once suggested you to Ralp and ZDR as moderator for GBS.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the LPs!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

what did mega64 ever do to you

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Freed of the curse of Final Fantasy, Mega64 is now able to pursue his dreams of becoming a hip-hop superstar.

... no, wait, that was Hironobu Sakaguchi...

Well, either way, thanks for all the entertainment over the years, Mega64. Good luck in all your future endeavors. :unsmith:

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Ah dang. Thanks for all the great LP's!

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I could probably just save the updates I have and resume it if someone else tries a FF9 LP.

If nothing else, I got to avoid doing the Alexandrian Gauntlet and zombie juggling, so I win in the end!

I'm sad to see it all end, but it doesn't mean you HAVE to stop the level 1 LP. :getin:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What did I ever do to you!?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Endorph posted:

what did mega64 ever do to you

Mega64 posted:

Well, at least one more good thing came out of this thread. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mega64 posted:

I thought your ability to commit to long-term projects like an LP would be valuable, so... application withdrawn.

• Locked thread