Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

How is it compared to anathem or haha reamde

better than reamde about the same as anathem without the madeup words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i love reamde because the title doesn't quite say "read me" and neither do the contents

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Finished Jessica Jones. it never got any better.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Trig Discipline posted:

i love reamde because the title doesn't quite say "read me" and neither do the contents

its how you would feel if you payed full price for a hardback edition on launch day

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

How is it compared to anathem or haha reamde

Anathem is still the best thing he's ever written, Reamde is still the worst thing he's ever written.

Seveneves is a good book, a boring but mercifully short interlude, and a bad book (in that order), so I guess it is exactly in the middle.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

NoneMoreNegative posted:

its how you would feel if you payed full price for a hardback edition on launch day

I bought it in trade paperback and I'm still steamed.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Davethulhu posted:

I bought it in trade paperback and I'm still steamde

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Shaggar posted:

Finished Jessica Jones. it never got any better.

if we translate this from the original Shaggarese, it means that the show is pretty good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nah its really bad actually.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
actually it's good

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
jessica jones is not all good but for 13 hours it's pretty much 9+ hours of good

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukkha

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Gollancz signs up sequel to The War of the Worlds from Stephen Baxter

tacky.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

syscall girl posted:

jessica jones is not all good but for 13 hours it's pretty much 9+ hours of good

nah its really really bad. like each episode gets worse.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

mlyp

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Shaggar posted:

forever

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Shaggar posted:

I think it lost traction after they introduced Kilgrave's parents and the cop became some drug taking nutbag

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I think I read some skiffy with a retroengineered HIV doing gene therapy, might have been Gibson?

could only do really specific things because hiv only infects immune cells. rabies targets neurons. adeno-associated viruses and filoviruses have broader applications.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I don't know anything aobut comics, but is the simpson guy tweaking on captain america pills? red white and blue pills?

I guess I didn't pick this up because I'm really stupid

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

New superman trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yViIi3gie2c

looks really awful and they spoiled a twist in the trailer just like Terminator Genisys did

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

it's almost as if nobody wanted to watch a movie about angry batman fighting angry superman and they had to spoil the part that might be appealing to the market

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
this take on the joker is sure to draw whatever lucrative demographic pines nostalgic for jim carrey's riddler

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
finished cat's cradle

a decent book, but not worth the endless praise

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

New superman trailer

looks really awful and they spoiled a twist in the trailer just like Terminator Genisys did

I don't understand, who's the good guy

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Shades of grey

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I liked it when xena showed up

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

New superman trailer

this looks really bad

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SynthOrange posted:

I liked it when xena showed up

same only in Spartacus :quagmire:

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

this take on the joker is sure to draw whatever lucrative demographic pines nostalgic for jim carrey's riddler

I thought it was the sequel to The Dark Knight so the joker is dead right? or does continuity not exist

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the joker is dead right? or does continuity not exist

have u confused the actor w/ the role here? :o:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
trailer looks really good, especially because it seems to be pissing off nerds

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

havent watched a superhero movie since idk the second ironman? feels good man

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So far the major complaint about this is "it spoiled the movie"

like if you thought the film would go any other way than "Batman & Superman have a beef, fight a little, team up to stop something from Lex Luthor", you're a dumbass

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i meant i havent

lifes too short for comic book movies

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
i don't like sneaky lex luthor

imo the highwater mark was the justice league unlimited luthor

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
i hear he's a silicon valley type in this one so maybe we'll finally see him do some lexing

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qntm posted:

i hear he's a silicon valley type in this one so maybe we'll finally see him do some lexing

teams up with parse purser

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
remember the part in Jessica Jones where she's like "they say everyone is born a hero" like wtf. nobody's ever said that. what poo poo writing.

I still enjoyed it more or less, Krysten Ritter wasn't a good Jess and the plot holes were ragged and large. but Hellcat and Cage were good and they really got me to pull a 180 on the creepy twins. I felt so much pity for Robyn even though I also wanted someone to knock her loving block off

Blinkz0rz posted:

i don't like sneaky lex luthor

imo the highwater mark was the justice league unlimited luthor

mad scientist Luthor > ruthless CEO Luthor imo but JLU Lex was still the best one

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

indigi posted:

remember the part in Jessica Jones where she's like "they say everyone is born a hero" like wtf. nobody's ever said that. what poo poo writing.

I still enjoyed it more or less, Krysten Ritter wasn't a good Jess and the plot holes were ragged and large. but Hellcat and Cage were good and they really got me to pull a 180 on the creepy twins. I felt so much pity for Robyn even though I also wanted someone to knock her loving block off

mad scientist Luthor > ruthless CEO Luthor imo but JLU Lex was still the best one

i never actually watched the show but smallville had the "most accurate looking lex" of the live stuff at least from the ads and poo poo i saw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

You Am I posted:

I think it lost traction after they introduced Kilgrave's parents and the cop became some drug taking nutbag

it lost traction after episode 3 where they spent the first half of the episode explaining that they needed reliable witnesses and video evidence to help with hopes defense and then at the end of the episode when they had both they forgot what they were doing.

Deep down Jessica loves killgrave which is why she is incapable of doing anything to harm him up until the very end when she kills him for hitting on her best friend. its a bad show.

• Locked thread