Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!
Thats a horrible trailer (and worst combined with the previous one). Its gives away all the "payoffs" from the flick.

Clarke Kent, Bruce Wayne and Luthor meeting.
Zod transforming into the bad guy from hulk but with laser eyes
and what probably is the first justice league shot, including WW's badass entry...
plus all the poo poo from trailer 1.

Dont get me wrong, movie looks great but thats some real lovely marketing.

edit: And yes I knew these things would happen, I thought everyone would have known also, so why show it?
Failed to consider that not everyone are nerds I suppose.

Viller fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
There is no way you even considered Kent & Wayne meeting up before this trailer, let alone it being a "major payoff" (I'm ignoring Luthor because you really didn't consider it).

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

"It gives away all the payoffs from the movie I haven't seen and don't know what the payoffs are!"

If you knew all the payoffs already without even having to see the movie, why not spend your time and money at Krispy Kreme instead? I recommend the Chocolate Dreamcake.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
I wonder what Batman is thinking by trying to fight Superman head on. I mean, he witnessed the battle in Metropolis and knows that bullets and a second-rate Iron Man suit are not going to cut it against a Kryptonian , so what's his plan? I'm not excited about this upcoming fight because I expect it to be Superman just standing patiently waiting for Batman to get his aggression out of his system.

There's a brief sequence in the trailer where Batman is the captive of a sort of overlord Superman - is this a dream sequence or a possible future (will time travel show up in the plot?) or a parallel universe?

And then there is the lame looking Doomsday.

Lex Luthor is the only good thing in the trailer.

Unlike you guys, the more I learn about this movie from the marketing material, the less excited I get for it.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Viller posted:

Zod transforming into the bad guy from hulk but with laser eyes

Zod doesn't necessarily become Doomsday. I'm guessing they just use his DNA, or the DNA from the repository he was trying to protect in the first film, to make Doomsday.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Krangdar posted:

Zod doesn't necessarily become Doomsday. I'm guessing they just use his DNA, or the DNA from the repository he was trying to protect in the first film, to make Doomsday.

Uh, did you see that forehead/brow? That's Michael ShannonZod.

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine
I think the marketing works well to get attentions from non comic movie geeks. It's not aimed at nerds.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

CalmDownMate posted:

I think the marketing works well to get attentions from non comic movie geeks. It's not aimed at nerds.
I didn't consider that. Why don't you ask your non geek friends what they think of it?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Whst the? They team up near the end? How could this happen

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

CalmDownMate posted:

Yeah, I guess this is important to keep in mind. That five-second teaser from the other day was way more effective for me, but they had my money even before the first trailer.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Kurzon posted:

There's a brief sequence in the trailer where Batman is the captive of a sort of overlord Superman - is this a dream sequence or a possible future (will time travel show up in the plot?) or a parallel universe?

I'm thinking its the equivalent of the first movie's "Superman drowning in skulls" shot. All that post-apocalypse lookin' stuff probably just represents Batman's fears of the worst case scenario if Earth totally accepts Superman.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Hat Thoughts posted:

Whst the? They team up near the end? How could this happen

I never saw it coming :wow:

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

I like how giddy Eisenberg's Lex is. It's like he's a two-year-old who mashes his two favorite toys against each other.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PiedPiper posted:

I like how giddy Eisenberg's Lex is. It's like he's a two-year-old who mashes his two favorite toys against each other.

He's giddy but he can immediately turn into butthurt nerd mode.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Has anyone come up with a critical analysis for Batman's thick-rear end neck yet

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BrianWilly posted:

Has anyone come up with a critical analysis for Batman's thick-rear end neck yet

It's flexible material, but still has to be strong enough to stop a judo chop. Also it holds his voice modulator.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

PiedPiper posted:

Yeah, his Lex feels like a mash up between Gene Hackman's goofy Lex, mad scientist Lex, and businessman Lex. I kinda dig it, honestly.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

It's a holster for his spare copy of The Fountainhead.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I really like that Lex and Bruce aren't quite the same as in the cartoons

Basically I like that Lex feels more wunderkind than ubermensch

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm starting to love the idea of a Batman who's grown up in a world of "small" supercrime (people like the Joker) essentially being super grumpy about being dragged into the world of Superman-level conflicts. I still hope there's some other large-scale villain to fight besides a Zod-based Doomsday, though, since that could leave Batman still blaming Superman for bringing all of this to Earth in the first place.

Also Reddit is hating the trailer, so that's a good sign.

Martman fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 3, 2015

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BrianWilly posted:

He's meant to look like a loving beast built like a linebacker: https://www.google.com/search?q=muscular+neck+nfl&biw=1565&bih=902&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-2o38jr_JAhUDWCYKHR3vCpsQ_AUIBigB

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Martman posted:

I'm starting to love the idea of a Batman who's grown up in a world of "small" supercrime (people like the Joker) essentially being super grumpy about being dragged into the world of Superman-level conflicts. I still hope there's some other large-scale villain to fight besides a Zod-based Doomsday, though, since that could leave Batman still blaming Superman for bringing all of this to Earth in the first place.

4chan is hating Eisenburg right now, it's great :allears:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I love the apocalyptic desert stuff (with what looks to be... parademons?), kneeling and BAT BRAND OF JUSTICE, but everything else looks more like a usual cape movie, including a bad CGI villain and awkward team shot.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Martman posted:

Huh? Hating? It seems to be received quite well at r/Movies and r/Batman at least, though some people complain that the trailer revealed too much.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Man that trailer killed a lot of my enthusiasm. I couldn't enjoy most of MoS because it's dialogue was so bad and this trailer didn't help much on that front (outside of Luther who seems the best part of the film now). Also that Doomsday looks terrible, whoever said the monster from Hulk was spot-on.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Martman posted:

Why would you spoiler something that's in promotional material?

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Wouldn't want to spoil the promotional material, would we?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I think Superman and Batman are gonna fight in this movie.

e: gently caress I'm so sorry for posting an untagged spoiler :ohdear:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lex Luthor sounds like a WKUK character. May be a good or bad thing.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Why would you spoiler something that's in promotional material?
Same reason other people did.

As far as the Reddit response, the second highest comment in the r/Movies post is:

quote:

Did anyone think the trailer was just put weirdly? After seeing the Captain America Civil War, this trailer seemed weird....like the music didn't fit into the scene, Lex Luthor seemed weird, everything was just weird.....
I'm seeing a lot of responses of people thinking it's just not right somehow in vague ways. There's also the people mad at spoilers, of course.

Martman fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Dec 3, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Martman posted:

Same reason other people did.

Oh so you just enjoy doing what other people are without critically analyzing your own actions, fair enough.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Oh so you just enjoy doing what other people are without critically analyzing your own actions, fair enough.
Actually that's not implied by what I said at all. And even if it was, I now think you are an angry crazy person.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Martman posted:

Actually that's not implied by what I said at all. And even if it was, I now think you are an angry crazy person.

I don't even know what you're talking about because there was a lengthy discussion about Zod being Doomsday on this very page that was unspoilered so I'm not sure why all of a sudden we need to protect people from this very pertinent information.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

I don't even know what you're talking about because there was a lengthy discussion about Zod being Doomsday on this very page that was unspoilered so I'm not sure why all of a sudden we need to protect people from this very pertinent information.
And I'm not sure why you are acting both angry and crazy about this very mundane choice.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Martman posted:

And I'm not sure why you are acting both angry and crazy about this very mundane choice.

It's the Lady Naga Experience.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ok. So, the reason I did it was because two people spoilered it last page, and I figured it makes sense right as a trailer comes out to give people just a tiny bit of time before they accidentally read all of the content in it. I mean, it makes about as much sense as spoiler tags ever do... trailers aren't just about finding out what is in the movie, they are like miniature cinematic experiences themselves.

And then I came to the brilliant realization that spoiler tags are both free and limitless, and that there is essentially no possible negative consequence to using one in that circumstance. But you sure showed me wrong by making me read your posts.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
They're gonna experience the content anyway, what does it matter if it's written or shown for three seconds in a trailer? I'm really fed up with spoiler culture that encourages the message that the literal textual content of the movie is more important than things like themes or allegorical comparisons. Spoilering three seconds of a random shot in a trailer for a summer blockbuster is only encouraging people to passively absorb media by tacitly stating that there's nothing wrong with only caring about whether or not Zod is Doomsday and he is in the good movie that you like.

I'm also really sick of people painting me as "angry" or "crazy" because I dare to be confrontational about things I don't like but that one's probably not going to get solved any time soon.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Equeen posted:

Yeah, his Lex feels like a mash up between Gene Hackman's goofy Lex, mad scientist Lex, and businessman Lex. I kinda dig it, honestly.

His Lex feels like someone doing a bad Heath Ledger Joker impression.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

I'm also really sick of people painting me as "angry" or "crazy" because I dare to be confrontational about things I don't like but that one's probably not going to get solved any time soon.

Ppl think this bcuz u write like ur really angry. There's a way to disagree without like...seeming really pissed.

Lady Naga posted:

Like uh, this? It's rude...ur insulting the dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Davros1 posted:

His Lex feels like someone doing a bad Heath Ledger Joker impression.

Have you seen the Dark Knight recently?

• Locked thread