Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Did the /pol/ dudes that shot up a BLM rally in Minneapolis do any of this? They were terrorists.

They uploaded that video saying they were on a mission to rescue someone from the "dindus", ending with the statement "Stay White".

So... yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So has this been confirmed as a terrorist attack? I had bet $100 to some white supremacist that a school shooting would happen before a terrorist attack. And now he's trying to say I was wrong but he doesn't want my $100 anymore.

Guess he doesn't like blood money.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

INH5 posted:

They had plenty of time in which they could have driven to other targets and carried out additional attacks, just like in Paris, but they didn't.

If this was a terrorist attack, why didn't they take credit on social media, or post a manifesto video to Youtube, or otherwise do something to unmistakably let the world know that yes, this was a terrorist attack, and it was carried out for [reasons]? Again, they had plenty of time to do something like that. The whole point of terrorism is sending a message. If the world doesn't know that it was a terrorist attack, that defeats the entire purpose.

Nothing about this case makes sense.

Apparently they were wearing GoPros, which would point to them wanting to document it, but I definitely agree that nothing here makes sense.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/03/2-suspects-killed-shootout-san-bernardino-massacre-14-killed/

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Wait, the wife is from KSA?

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.

Xandu posted:

Apparently they were wearing GoPros, which would point to them wanting to document it, but I definitely agree that nothing here makes sense.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/03/2-suspects-killed-shootout-san-bernardino-massacre-14-killed/

They had, what, 2-3 hours at their house before the police caught up to them? It can't take that long to extract the footage from a GoPro and upload it to Youtube, if that was what they wanted to do.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

INH5 posted:

They had, what, 2-3 hours at their house before the police caught up to them? It can't take that long to extract the footage from a GoPro and upload it to Youtube, if that was what they wanted to do.

I thought they didn't get to their home; they rolled up on it, saw that cops were already there, and then fled the scene.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
In the US, this would be the 3rd attempted mass shooting by jihadi-inspired Muslims this year. Two attackers in San Bernadino, two (and a third conspirator) in the Garland attack, and one in Chattanooga.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Acid Haze posted:

Maybe they thought it would buy them time to carry out additional attacks?

Yeah. They handed their 6 month old child off to someone else, got into matching "tactical gear", took a rifle and sidearm each, enough ammo to go on a killing spree plus shoot it out with the cops and have extra mags hanging off their corpses afterward, and gunned down a bunch of people with no explicable motive. They were in and out in 4 minutes, indicating no hesitation whatsoever: they caught the people inside by surprise, over 30 people were shot before the rest could scatter, and they left once that happened. Also this was in a large metropolitan area and anyone living in America all his life like the dude would know shooting up any building inside the city is likely a death sentence (from volleys of police bullets).

But yes, they thought they were gonna drive home and everything would be peachy. Nothing. Else. Makes. Sense.

But you want to go all Occam's razor huh. Ok.

This was a preplanned, terrorist attack carried out by Islamic extremists. It was at a Christmas party which would have unmistakable symbolic meaning in the aftermath of a terrorist attack carried out by Muslims. They martyred themselves before they could kill anyone else.

Yeah, then they went home. How hard is that to understand?
They went loving home and bolted when the cops showed up. What was that, like 4 hours later?

They had plenty of time to get the gently caress out, but they went home with the idea that they were cool. Sorry, these people are stupid. Occam's razor, eh. Occam's razor says they are just dumb as gently caress. It doesn't make sense and it never will make sense.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Arkane posted:

In the US, this would be the 3rd attempted mass shooting by jihadi-inspired Muslims this year. Two attackers in San Bernadino, two (and a third conspirator) in the Garland attack, and one in Chattanooga.

:allears: Its okay everyone, Arkane has examined the evidence and knows the truth.

Shutup Arkane.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Arkane posted:

if it were inspired by radical islam. if it wasn't it would be the *checks* three hundred some oddth mass shooting by bitter white men with guns

please don't kill anyone today, arkane

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pohl posted:

Yeah, then they went home. How hard is that to understand?
They went loving home and bolted when the cops showed up. What was that, like 4 hours later?

They had plenty of time to get the gently caress out, but they went home with the idea that they were cool. Sorry, these people are stupid. Occam's razor, eh. Occam's razor says they are just dumb as gently caress. It doesn't make sense and it never will make sense.

The fact that they went home I think shows it was poorly planned or executed in haste. They didn't think ahead to that point or didn't have an opportunity to do so.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Is there any evidence that these people are actually Muslim?

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.

Radbot posted:

Conclusive. But none to prove that their religion was related to the killing.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Radbot posted:

Yeah the husbands family was apparently at the press conference, there was a representative from the local religious community speaking out about it this morning on the radio.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

I thought they didn't get to their home; they rolled up on it, saw that cops were already there, and then fled the scene.

That seems unlikely, given that the shooting happened at 11:00 AM and the shootout at the SUV didn't happen until 3:00 PM. If I recall correctly, no one heard about any car chase on the police scanners until maybe 2:30 PM at the earliest. Which would give them plenty of time to chill at home and do whatever they wanted to do, so why didn't they do anything else?

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Neo_Crimson posted:

Did the /pol/ dudes that shot up a BLM rally in Minneapolis do any of this? They were terrorists.

You are aware they were attacked by a mob and then chased down a street before opening fire?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

Devout Muslim. He had started growing his beard out a few months earlier, which may imply that he had become far more conservative, maybe even radicalized around the time that he traveled to Saudi Arabia.

I believe a couple of neighbors had been a bit leery of the activity around his home in recent weeks, including some late night activity in the garage. One of them stated that he did not contact authorities because he didn't want to be perceived as racially stereotyping.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arkane posted:

Devout Muslim. He had started growing his beard out a few months earlier, which may imply that he had become far more conservative, maybe even radicalized around the time that he traveled to Saudi Arabia.

Please stop.

Arkane posted:

I believe a couple of neighbors had been a bit leery of the activity around his home in recent weeks, including some late night activity in the garage. One of them stated that he did not contact authorities because he didn't want to be perceived as racially stereotyping.

Late nights in the garage, signs of TERROR.

So, tell me, how about you, how are you excusing your profiling with your wonderful and un-supported claims of radicalization?

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
If we're going to go down the profiling route: if these two were radical Islamist terrorists, why didn't they shout "Allahu Akhbar" before they started shooting people? If any of the witnesses had heard that, there's no way that we wouldn't know about it by now.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

INH5 posted:

That seems unlikely, given that the shooting happened at 11:00 AM and the shootout at the SUV didn't happen until 3:00 PM. If I recall correctly, no one heard about any car chase on the police scanners until maybe 2:30 PM at the earliest. Which would give them plenty of time to chill at home and do whatever they wanted to do, so why didn't they do anything else?

We don't know that they didn't do anything else.

Maybe they made videos of themselves? Maybe they were editing the GoPro video of the attack? Maybe they were talking about a different target?

I think the reports are that the police waited until they were leaving the home to confront them. They brought their guns with them at that time...whether that was self defense or for another attack, we don't know.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Arkane posted:

For being worried about middle eastern people going in and out of a middle eastern person's house after being made alert about it by the Paris attacks? Gosh! It's almost like a middle eastern person would know middle eastern people!

Please come back when you have more evidence than all the late night activity that is TOTALLY mentioned in that linked article. Like:

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

INH5 posted:

If we're going to go down the profiling route: if these two were radical Islamist terrorists, why didn't they shout "Allahu Akhbar" before they started shooting people? If any of the witnesses had heard that, there's no way that we wouldn't know about it by now.

Is shouting Allahu Akhbar a defining characteristic of Islamic terror attacks now?

CommieGIR posted:

Please stop.

Late nights in the garage, signs of TERROR.

So, tell me, how about you, how are you excusing your profiling with your wonderful and un-supported claims of radicalization?

Post-crime interviews with the neighbors is always the worst. Either they will say they suspected nothing or they will pick apart everything you've ever done.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arkane posted:

We don't know that they didn't do anything else.

Maybe they made videos of themselves? Maybe they were editing the GoPro video of the attack? Maybe they were talking about a different target?

I think the reports are that the police waited until they were leaving the home to confront them. They brought their guns with them at that time...whether that was self defense or for another attack, we don't know.

Stop posting until you have something to present evidence wise other than your Conservative fueled fear about Muslims.

Watermelon City
May 10, 2009

Arkane posted:

So, what, he would have been on an FBI beard watch list if it weren't for the political correctness police?

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think they were planning for something bigger and then the husband got really mad and said lets just do this right now.

This is what I was thinking. It sounds like a homegrown terror cell that shot its load too early for some reason.

Only thing that goes against the "it was spontaneous" thing is how they seem to have purposefully left their baby with someone in the morning.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

ComradeCosmobot posted:

For being worried about middle eastern people going in and out of a middle eastern person's house after being made alert about it by the Paris attacks? Gosh! It's almost like a middle eastern person would know middle eastern people!

Please come back when you have more evidence than all the late night activity that is TOTALLY mentioned in that linked article. Like:
We do know that these people had the intention of mass killing. This makes any group of people who visited them recently much more suspect than simply "middle eastern persons going in and out of a middle eastern persons house".

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Here:

quote:

“They sounded really happy. I did notice there were lots of packages being dropped off and he was in the garage working on stuff. But that seemed normal to me. It’s Christmas and people are getting packages dropped off,” she said.

Asked if she now suspected that some of the packages might have been ammunition or other material related to the attack, Larsen said it was a scary thought.

“If I think about it like that, absolutely, it’s terrifying. I have hope in the world and hope in people, and it’s hard when that hope is challenged in such a terrifying way,” she said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/active-shooter-incident-san-bernardino-california-article-1.2453002

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
People who shoot 30 innocent people can't really be neatly divided between the mentally ill ones and the completely rational only-did-it-for-ideology ones. It would be weird if he was an ISIS supporter who wasn't a antisocial misfit. And it would also be weird if he was a murderous anti-social misfit who thought ISIS was just too out-there.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This is what happens when you accept Syrian refugees.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

:ohdear: If only we'd know about the creeping Muslim terror.

Jesus gently caress, I don't want to live in the world you want to create in response to this poo poo Arkane. Stop posting until you actually have an ounce of evidence to back your Conservative fears.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Arglebargle III posted:

This is what happens when you accept Syrian refugees.

:sauds:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Looks like I should report my neighbor considering they get tons of Christmasterrorist packages dropped off all the time this month.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

You said working on stuff in the garage late at night. All you've shown is that he worked on stuff in his garage.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ComradeCosmobot posted:

You said working on stuff in the garage late at night. All you've shown is that he worked on stuff in his garage.

Someone better report me then.

I love how Arkane's answer to these issues is not better firearms legislation, but creeping surveillance and 'Report Your Neighbors' level if mistrust and paranoia.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Me doing laundry at 2 AM with my lovely, noisy, clanky washing-machine is terroristy?

Oh poo poo. :ohdear:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Me doing laundry at 2 AM with my lovely, noisy, clanky washing-machine is terroristy?

Are you brown? Failed to shave lately? No Shave November and Muslim? Arkane would report the gently caress out of you.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Only if you also have a bunch of middle eastern friends.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I have two brown neighbors and the entire neighborhood pretty much relies on Amazon same day delivery.

OhgodOhgodOhgodOhgodOhgodOhgodOhgod

What if we're terroristing each other and we don't even know it?!

edit: :siren:

edit: vvvv naw, It's me being a night owl and the neighbors on either side of me working overnight hours. It's pretty convenient for everyone. :)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Maker Of Shoes posted:

If you prevent your neighbors from sleeping with all the racket you're doing, they are right to call the cops on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

CommieGIR posted:

Someone better report me then.

I love how Arkane's answer to these issues is not better firearms legislation, but creeping surveillance and 'Report Your Neighbors' level if mistrust and paranoia.

The first step towards a government takeover is confiscating all the guns. Then they'd start doing crazy poo poo like unwarranted surveillance and tracking programs.

• Locked thread